[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who's stuck in uni here? seems like i wont never pass some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
who's stuck in uni here?
seems like i wont never pass some exams :/ thinking about to drop it actually.
>>
hey im in uni

it sucks that i am not doing well because I got a scholarship, and my parents were so proud of me... when they find out i am failing its gonna suck

if you drop what are you gonna do?
>>
>>25215814
NEET is the first thing i've in my mind since i've no job experience in anything and its quite hard if you dont have it to actually find a job
>>
>>25215814
I had a scholarship too and then took a year longer because I lost motivation. Got it back on track though and I'm hopefully going to finish it next year
>>
>>25215795
I enrolled in 2004, got accepted in 2005, took up my offer in 2006. And now it's almost 2016 and I still have no certificate to show for it.
>>
>>25215795
>Graduated this spring, all the roasties in the department hate me (understandably) so I'm happy to leave
>Go back for grad school, since I couldn't find a job
>A semester in, get a full time job
>Employer announces that we're moving to a building on campus
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
>>25216118
what do you do anon?

since you went to grad school and work on a college campus i am guessing its research related?
>>
>>25216284
Aerospace engineer. It's a big engineering school, so I think they're moving there to get interns and research cooperation more easily.
>>
>>25216363
woah cool, do you work for a company i know or some small firm?

what is your job like? is it super comfy where you design BREAKING EDGE innovative space technologies everyday or are you just doing dumb repetitive maintenance shit?

i think i wanna go to grad school for ocean engineering idk i guess i will have to see if my GPA is good enough after 4 years
>>
>>25216494
It's a big firm for you, you've may have heard of it

My day-to-day is pretty boring to most people, a lot of FEM meshes and spreadsheets. I love it though, since I have access to data you can't get anywhere else, and of course, the money. I guess it's somewhere in between super innovative and dumb repetitive stuff.

>i guess i will have to see if my GPA is good enough after 4 years
My philosophy has always been that, in engineering, work experience trumps classroom experience. That said, I wouldn't have the job I do now if I wasn't a grad student. I guess my advice is to keep your eyes and ears open, and take any opportunity you can to build up your resume. Good luck!
>>
I'm probably going to fail out soon, but I don't know what to do afterwards. I never going to forgive myself for not getting a degree.
>>
I'm pretty sure I failed 3/5 of my courses this sem

it's only my first sem. what no robots? In all honesty I know I could've passed everything if I actually did my work and wasn't such a lazy shit.
>>
>>25217681
If you don think you're going to make it, it's better to drop out sooner than later. It's hard to overcome laziness, so you should consider it.
>>
>>25217713
I'm thinking of getting a prescription of addy
I lack focus nigga I know I can do it
I always do great when things start to look bad
>>
Jolly old Uni. The place you discover that thing you dreamed about working on for the rest of your life really isn't cut out for you. And all it took was a year, a steep tuition fee and disappointing your friends, relatives and yourself.
>>
>>25217741
Discipline > motivation

Don't use addy as a crutch because you failed your first fucking semester, it only gets harder from there
>>
>>25217883
then tell me how I can magically gain this "discipline" you speak of in the limited time I have?
>>
>tfw even if I graduate I won't be able to get a job that pays enough to move out
>tfw parents will kick me out after graduation because I'm supposed to "make it in the real world"
>tfw completely fucked and can't do anything about it

I wish I was a neet
>>
>>25217744
>iktf
I went in trying to get a ticket to a good job by studying something I wasn't interested in, and it didn't end well. Watching my friends become educated in the the things they love has honestly become painful.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.