[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/positivity/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1421020830016.jpg (57 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1421020830016.jpg
57 KB, 645x773
hello robots, I am currently trying to get my life back together and I wanted to make this thread for other robots who are trying to get better.

just post your plan for making your own life more enjoyable, doesn't have to be anything special. set some tangible goals and post your results

my goals for today are to make this thread and keep up with it, finish a chemistry lab that I've been putting off for a week, and be more sociable by meeting up with my old friend who I haven't seen in a long time

my biggest problems are my nonexistent work ethic, my tendency to fantasize instead of live in the moment, and my bad social skills. I identified these weaknesses a long time ago but until now I have only hated myself for them. I don't hate myself anymore, I just know that I want to change these little things that I think could be better.

I will be checking the thread throughout the day. gonna go work on the lab now but i'll this open in the background
>>
I'm doing some courses online and they're going really well. They feel incredibly fulfilling and I love the self determined pace. I've gotten all my work in and done very well on it. Every day I wake up early, eat, shower, brush teeth, and then walk to my local library and spend all day there doing work. And then if the weather is nice I'll walk around the rest of the day. I love going for walks
>>
Try to measure your cortisol, it's a good way to see how well you're doing mentally
>>
>>25175238
that sounds very nice anon, you are pretty much my goal for the next couple weeks. I just want to learn, improve my discipline a little bit, and enjoy the comfy weather

keep up the good work
>>
That sounds great, anon.

I have all the discipline of a dead fish, and I find that keeping a strict schedule helps somewhat. I specify what time I'm going to work on something and for how long.

Right now I'm trying to improve my education by reading classic literature, practicing math, and working on learning a new language.

I also have been working out and ran 3 miles this morning because I woke up early.
>>
Good idea. We should make this thread everyday
>>
>>25175242
never heard of this before, will look into it
>>25175391
damn, good on you. I'm trying to keep a schedule as well, I have a little notepad file with a everything planned out from waking up to bedtime, but I have not been able to 100% stick to it yet

I'll get it though, I know I can

keep it going anon you're doing well
>>
I just lost a debating competition which is extra embarrassing for me since everyone else in my team won something and I'm the debating head of my school so yea :(
My gf is going through a family breakup and is on antidepressants so I spend all day making her feel better while at the same time she talks to this guy I told her no to talk to. Everytime I bring it up she breaks down due to all the other emotional shit going on.
on top of that a long time female friend of mine isn't talking to me anymore and the guy hitting on my gf has spread rumors about me making my entire batch hate me so now no one will even talk to me :(
>>
>>25175408
if people enjoy the thread I will continue to make it every day. I like to document these kinds of self-improvement things day-by-day anyways because it helps show how things are going
>>
>>25175563
damn anon thats rough. I know it's difficult, but just be happy for your teammates and be happy that you competed. if they look down on you for losing, then they are not good friends and you shouldn't care about what they think

as for the gf, why do you not want her to talk to the guy?
>>
This is a nice thread

I'm trying to limit how much time I spend on /r9k/ and /pol/ to get some of the hate out of my life. I'm seriously thinking about why I'm in the situation I'm in and how I can get out of it, it's gonna be a strange road as I'm more of a cyborg.

Forcing myself to go out tonight to meet some old friends and their gfs. There's been some times before where I haven't gone out with them because I was jealous/angry about their love lives. That ends tonight, I'll go out and spend some quality time with my mates.
>>
>>25175691
thats a good mindset cyborg, I have had a lot of fun with my friends while their gfs are present. i personally enjoy being single so I don't get really get jealous often, but if you prefer to have a gf just remember that you will get one eventually and focus on having fun with ur buddies

you'll have a great time cyborg, also it's good to get rid of /pol/ as a whole. there are better places to get alternative political views
>>
>>25175447
I think the trick is to add things little by little instead of trying to overhaul your life all at once. Start with scheduling a time to (for example) read for 15 minutes, and when you can do that reliably increase it to 20 or add something else.

>>25175691

Nice! Taking personal responsibility is a huge step. You're gonna make it.
>>
>>25175672
The guy has a crush on my gf and he's the one who's been spreading the rumors about me so needless to say me and him don't get along. She knows he has a crush on her and I know she has no feelings for him and only loves me. She talks to him out of pity I guess, he has stage 2 syphilis and just sort of emotionally blackmails her into talking to him. But the thing is that when I used to talk to my close female friend my gf would get jealous so I kind of left my friend for her, that's why I have issues with my female friend now and when my gf won't do the same for me it kind of hurts
>>
File: 1435308447339.jpg (366 KB, 556x868) Image search: [Google]
1435308447339.jpg
366 KB, 556x868
If you ever find yourself in a position where you think you need to "improve" its probably too late to change. If you missed out on your youth(14-21)its too late to ever become a well adjusted person.
>>
Reminder that it's not too late to brush your teeth, put the sheets back on the bed, or move that moldy cup into the kitchen sink today.

You have to start sometime. Why not right now?
>>
I am 33 years old. I have completely given up, as I should have done long ago.
>>
>>25175866
your situation is all kinds of crappy, im sorry u gotta go through that. I am afraid to give advice about human relationships because I am not very good at maintaining them, but from what you're telling me, your problems come from communication overall

if your gf only talks to the guy because she pities him, she needs to be honest and tell him that. you and him should also have an honest conversation about how you feel. dont be a jerk, just tell him that you don't like when he flirts with your gf and try to figure out why he's spread rumors about you

also be honest with your gf about how you feel like she made you give up a friend and she is not returning the favor

about all that though, i dont want to invade into how you do things, but i've always found relationships where you're forbidden to talk to certain people to be unhealthy

I don't think it's a good thing that your gf made you stop talking to your friend in the first place

like I said, take it all with a grain of salt since im socially retarded. being brutally honest is likely to blow up this volatile situation you are in, but it might be the painful thing you have to do, like ripping off a band-aid
>>
>>25175208
This is cute, OP.
I'm rooting for you, you can do it. This is a huge first step that most people never get the courage to make, so you've already made a big stride toward your new life.
This in itself is a massive achievement and I'm proud of you.

Anyways,
I'm very socially anxious and depressed.
I go to work around noon every day and have no motivation to get up earlier. After work I come home and hang out alone. On the weekends I sleep all day to recharge from having to talk to customers during the week, it's draining to me.
I don't really have any friends at all, and when people invite me out I tend to avoid it at all costs.
It's been this way since my Mom died in 2012, it totally ruined me emotionally after dealing with the death of multiple other family members during my childhood.
My family is bugging me to come see them for Christmas and I'm very nervous and stressed about it.
Specifically my grandparents, I have this extreme aversion to being close to them because they are old and will inevitably die soonish. I don't want to be attached.
They constantly guilt me about never seeing them and are convinced that I hate them.
>TFW you'd rather just spend all of Christmas alone and crying hysterically in a pile of childhood holiday photos of you and your mother
>>
>>25175208

You will fail, retard.
>>
>>25176083
So I guess my goal is to just be closer with my grandparents and make plans with them for after Christmas, and then follow through.
I hate myself.
>>
>>25175937
>>25176005

this isn't positive at all, and its simply untrue. my older brother didn't get his shit together until he was 26, and now he has a job, his own place, and a nice gf

see >>25175949
its not too late until you're dead
>>
trying nofap. this is gonna hurt.
>>
>>25176083
>>25176113
the thing about life is that most of the time it is painful, and everything that is good also has some bad parts to it. having a dog and becoming close and loving it is amazing while it lasts, but when it dies the world collapses around you and its the worst feeling ever

all relationships will end in sadness because eventually we're all going to die, but in your current state anon, you are already sad

go hang out with your grandparents. enjoy being around them while they are still around. make them happy. make yourself happy. love them and get attached to them, and when they die, cry your heart out and become depressed. its fucking worth it man.

if the relationship is good enough, the happiness is worth the inevitable sadness

dont hate yourself either, you were given a shitty hand in life and you're doing a good job with it. just keep getting better friend
>>
>>25176174
im a little concerned about the health risks of not achieving an orgasm for long periods of time, but the discipline there is second to none. good on you anon, report back with how it goes
>>
>>25176075
The guy spread rumors about me because he was with my female friend last year and he thinks that she left him because she has feelings for me or that I told her lies about him so she would leave (I didn't. I actually helped set them up on their first date)
I told my gf how I feel about her talking to him and she says she'll stop. I mean she did kind of, now they talk like 4 times a week but idk why it irks me so much. Last year I didn't mind her chilling with other guys but ever since I left my female friend I've been filled with regret about it since it was a big sacrifice for me and when she doesn't return the favor it kind of hurts. Oh and my gf's dad has gone nuts. He's going to force her two older sisters into an arranged marriage so he can leave his current wife to marry another women and after her older sisters its my gf's turn unless I do something about it. so I feel like such a douche that I'm being so petty in all of this. Am I being an ass here? other then talking to the guy my gf is super caring and understanding and loves me unconditionally.
>>
>>25176329
>Am I being an ass here?
in most cases I would say forbidding your gf to have a male friend is being an ass, but your gf also forbade you from having a female friend, so no I don't think you're being an ass. I think that is the source of that problem though, the four of you (you, ur gf, the guy, and ur female friend) might be able to work things out if all just hang out for a couple minutes together one day.

if the four of you can work things out then maybe you'll be able to get your female friend back and then you wont be jealous of ur gf's friend.

i dont even know what to say about your gf's dad, thats fucking nuts man! you are in a very stressful situation.

its a good thing that you have such a good gf though, so just keep looking out for her like she does for you, stick with her and im sure you'll be able to work it out
>>
>>25176316
Worst health risk I can think of is wanting to kill myself. I'm already kind of there anyways. Pretty much willing try anything to feel better.
>>
>>25176455
good point, nofap is definitely a good thing to try. i tried it and made it a few weeks before my dick really started to hurt and I didn't feel to good.

however, even going a few days to a week without fapping feels fucking great. more alert, more energy, better outlook on life.

i think the middle ground is to fap every 1-2 weeks, so you can still get that healthy release but also get the good feel of not fapping for a week or so

with that said, definitely give nofap your best shot and just go until you can't go anymore the first time. then once you know your limit and your own health you can work out how often you should fap on your own

tl;dr give nofap your best shot just pls b careful
>>
>>25176447
My female friend was mean to my gf for a long time and when I found out I snapped at her. she later apologized to my gf and me but yea that bridge is burned for good. any other suggestions?
And I have to say talking to you about this is really making me feel better and for someone who clams to be socially retarded your insight is pretty good so far so thanks for listening to me.
I hate the dad for what he's doing to her and if me and her start our own family together no way in hell am I letting him anywhere near us again. That guy has serious issues and he's hurting his whole family so much, her mom keeps begging him to stay, says she can be his second wife, that she still loves him. It's heartbreaking :(
>>
>>25176662
thanks for the tips and encouragement senpai! You're alright.
>>
>>25176766
man that situation with your gfs family is fucked. do you live in the United States? if so that is good for your gf's mother, because the mother usually gets most stuff in a divorce, especially if the dad is a piece of shit.

anyways, you're right you shouldn't let your gf's dad in your life at all, if you cant do anything to help her family you should just focus on helping her

back to ur smaller problem. you burned the bridge with ur friend, you want ur gf to burn the bridge with her friend. fair enough, that makes sense. try to put yourself in her shoes for a second though, she clearly loves you and she doesn't like this guy, she just cant tell him to fuck off because he has some disease and she would feel too bad

meanwhile, while shes having this inner conflict about telling this guy to fuck off, she also has you in the background telling her that she needs to return the favor that you did for her by cutting off your female friend. you are completely correct, your gf owes you it to get rid of this guy, but that doesn't make it any easier for her.

that guy is taking advantage of her niceness, and i think maybe the way to go is to talk to him with her. you dont have to fight him or be an asshole boyfriend or any shit like that, just tell him the truth. your gf might have more confidence then, idk.

i hope you can make it all work out man, im pulling for you
>>
>>25177110
sadly I'm not in the US live in a piece of shit country so her family is on her own with this. In our country the wife gets nothing in a divorce and women can't really get jobs so if you get a divorce you're pretty much screwed in the case of women.
Talking to the guy would make it worse. He wants me to talk to him I know the moment I do he'll play victim and show everyone how cruel I am to him, he even provokes me on purpose by mentioning her in front of me to piss me off. he wants a reaction and as soon as he gets it I'm done so nothing I can do to him in person. He's the student body president so our version of a jock so everyone will side with him. My gf has told him numerous times via chat to give her space as she doesn't like talking to him (I've read the convos myself) but what he does is he comes back after a few days crying about something and asking for her help. She can't just turn him away but we're making progress on it as he keeps a distance from her now and talks less so thats good.
I hope this will sort itself out...
but anon what can I do to help her with her family issues? the issue with the guy seems so petty and small and I think I should just focus on being a better bf instead of complaining about something petty which is not her fault
I'm not even sure where to begin...
she's also on anti depressants but they made her sleep all day and she was like a living corpse so I took her off of them, is that a good idea?
I just want her to be happy again :/
>>
>>25175208
that's the right attitude, just continue working on yourselves and don't listen to the fuck ups here who believe nothing changes. It sounds corny as fuck but people who have had it far worse than you or anyone else on this board have managed to turn it around.
>>
>>25177430
you're at some kind of university correct? is there an authoritative figure you can talk to? a counselor or a director or something like that? this guy sounds like a huge asshole and hes making you and your gf's lives miserable, there has to be someone at your school who you can get help from. but if not then yeah you said it, just try to get through it and then get you and your gf the fuck away from him when you can

as for her family, thats pretty fucked up. I mean, you could go full sperglord superhero and beat the shit out of her dad or something but that would just end badly for everyone. I dont really know how else to combat a fucked up system like that where women are resources and men control everything

is there someone in a position of power who you can talk to?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.