[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental illness is just a meme. People with schizophrenia or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 23
File: 1407845861411.png (119 KB, 635x493) Image search: [Google]
1407845861411.png
119 KB, 635x493
Mental illness is just a meme.

People with schizophrenia or bipolar are just different from everyone else and they shouldn't be on medication for that. The only reason you get things like violence and suicide from mental illness is because the pharmaceutical industry treats "being different" as a disease, something that's wrong with the brain. The truth is there is nothing wrong with so-called "mental illnesses". People are depressed because they see the world in a negative way, which is a valid viewpoint from their experiences. If you talk to a manic person, you'll see that their ideas are quite logical and what they're feeling is increased insight and spirituality, we would call such people saints/prophets/shamans in another time.

If you don't believe me, why did "mental illness" not exist until the fall of the Catholic Church's influence in Europe? It's all about power, keeping control over those who fall out of line and can't live the "correct" life of wagecuckdom and consumerist slavery.

I speak this from experience. I was told I had schizophrenia and had to be hospitalized for many months. They gave me neuroleptics which basically lobotomized me and took away my personhood. Truth is, there's nothing wrong with the things I hallucinate or the ideas I get, they just make me different from everyone else. Once I accepted that, all the negative parts of my condition became positive and I was able to turn my special abilities into art and music.
>>
>>25139593
You obviously haven't seen a bad case of schizophrenia. They simply can't function.
>>
>>25139637
Opened the thread to literally write that. There is the spectrum, and then there are the real deals.
>>
>>25139637
I have met many, they are all on anti-psychotics that fry their brain.
>>
>>25139647
That said, OP's thread is just vile bait, but there are people who literally believe that -- those people basically prey on mentally ill people, by sowing distrust in anti-psychotic medicine (thus preventing development of better variants of it) through implying that 'it's just another way of seeing the world'.
>>
Physical illness is just a meme.

People with cancer or AIDS are just different from everyone else and they shouldn't be on medication for that. The only reason you get things like death and chronic pain from physical illness is because the pharmaceutical industry treats "being different" as a disease, something that's wrong with the body. The truth is there is nothing wrong with so-called "physical illnesses". People are obese because they see the world in a negative way, which is a valid viewpoint from their experiences. If you talk to a meth addict, you'll see that their ideas are quite logical and what they're feeling is increased insight and spirituality, we would call such people saints/prophets/shamans in another time.

If you don't believe me, why did "physical illness" not exist until the fall of the Catholic Church's influence in Europe? It's all about power, keeping control over those who fall out of line and can't live the "correct" life of wagecuckdom and consumerist slavery.

I speak this from experience. I was told I had cancer and had to be hospitalized for many months. They gave me chemotherapy which basically lobotomized me and took away my personhood. Truth is, there's nothing wrong with the spreading tumors in my body, they just make me different from everyone else. Once I accepted that, all the negative parts of my condition became positive and I was able to turn my special abilities into art and music.
>>
>>25139667
yeah, but have you seen what happens when they're not? Trust me, it's much worse.
>>
>>25139667
Naw dude you've fallen for b8. Bad schizos off meds are fucking insane. Movie tier shit. Legit telling me they're going to murder their family in their sleep and they draw messages from God over and over on their papers. Anti psychotic meds are no joke with side effects, but they're the only thing keeping these people remotely functional.
>>
Yeah, so my brother went from just has hallucinations of people talking in his head, randomely snaps, screams, cries, smashes furniture, punches holes in walls, and randomely becoming aggressive and violent and later only managing to stop stuttering enough to claim that he "didn't have control", before devolving into a 2-hour long fit of laughter, because it's just his personality.
>>
If I close my eyes I can see a woman and hear her talking to me, telling me the things I need to do to be with her. It's only occasionally though, she'll give me a task and I have to complete it before my next vision. I am 18, which I think is worth mentioning because it's around now that schizophrenia starts showing up.

Should I be worried? Do I have a mental illness?
>>
>>25139701
In other words, people who espouse OP's bait pose as 'insightful' for their vague parallels between mental illness and creativity, stressing their intellectually and socially harmful subjectivism of 'everyone has his/her own personal reality in which his/her beliefs are true', or that infamous shaman fallacy (sure it is the same thing -- except it is shamans, gurus, priests, and so on that are mentally ill or at least personality disordered, not mentally ill people deserving religious acknowledgement of their ill mental production), and so on. In fact, anti-psychiatrists' rhetoric of 'the big bad medical system oppressing diagnosed people' consciously addresses the very people with paranoid inclinations that are most vulnerable to it. Such people will as a result seek less treatment. Anti-psychiatrists literally prey on people who need help.
>>
>>25139701
> (thus preventing development of better variants of it)
No, the pharmaceutical companies don't care about this.
The drugs have lots of side effects. Some people prefered the psychosis over the drugs because of the side effects a doctor told me. Also I know a woman who says she has a weak psychosis constantly, although she takes her pills. (But I would have never thought she was psychotic so I guess it's really weak). Also sometimes she notices that the psychosis gets worse. Then she goes to a mental hospital and gets a different drug prescription.
Better drugs (less side effects, more effect) would probably be a success.
>>
>>25139593
I am diagnosed with Bipolar I, which means I can become manic I can become delusional, spending money wildly and cheating on my wife.

Please let me have my pills.
>>
>>25140035
Tell that to people who have had their family members gone from people rambling about RGB palettes and periodic tables -- or from approaching strangers and just taking their stuff and refusing to return it -- or from literally commenting aloud about everything they see, 60 seconds a minute -- back to normal, smiling people with whom a regular conversation can be made.

Go on.
>>
I always figured that the only reason these services exist to 'care' and treat is because if a person does end up killing themselves, that's one less taxpayer and if someone doesn't pay their taxes, that's the true evil
>>
>>25140071
Im bipolar II. Not quite the same, but I feel your pain
>>
>>25140132
Yeah, that's my dad. He's sad almost all of the time. Breaks my heat sometimes.

It's frustrating, I majored in Bio in school, and I know a lot about the genetics of bipolar disorder. Turns out that BPD is what make the berserkers so scary. They'd get crazy manic, wear animals skins, and kill people so they wouldn't have to face the madness.

God I hate this gene. I ended up genetically perfect otherwise and this one gene is fucking my life.
>>
>>25140015
I think there are no good drugs for people with anxiety and depression. There are the benzodiazepines against anxiety, but they can make you addicted and they stop to work for some people because their body starts to metabolize it faster. Still, they are the only things that helps against my anxiety, so I got a permanent prescription.
But I know people with anxiety and depression who got wild combinations of (an) antidepressant(s), antipsychotic drug(s) and antiepilepsy drug(s). Still they aren't happy, don't got rid of their anxiety. Sometimes their doctors change the doses or replace a product with another but it still doesn't help.
>>
>>25140100
>Tell that to people who have had their family members gone from people rambling about RGB palettes and periodic tables -- or from approaching strangers and just taking their stuff and refusing to return it -- or from literally commenting aloud about everything they see, 60 seconds a minute -- back to normal, smiling people with whom a regular conversation can be made.
Tell what? I told some decide not to take the drugs because the side effects are more serious to them than the psychosis. Also I told that the pharmaceutical companies had an interest to develop new better drugs with less side effects and more effect. So the person who wrote...
>That said, OP's thread is just vile bait, but there are people who literally believe that -- those people basically prey on mentally ill people, by sowing distrust in anti-psychotic medicine (thus preventing development of better variants of it) through implying that 'it's just another way of seeing the world'.
... is wrong. The companies have an interest to develop better drugs.
>>
man sometimes I see dead people, hear conversations that aren't happening and think aliens and satan are outside my house.
>>
>>25140208
It's shitty. I'll leave it at that.

I had a rough idea about the genetics and it's the reason I'm choosing not to reproduce even if the opportunity is given
>>
>>25140355
>The companies have an interest to develop better drugs.

So do farmers. This is irrelevant.

I have no intention of talking with someone distasteful enough to choose this particular subject to bait. And if it isn't, you should literally die.
>>
>>25140400
> I had a rough idea about the genetics and it's the reason I'm choosing not to reproduce even if the opportunity is given

Me too. I'm a married man and I've decided to never inflict this shit on my kids. Stay strong, and we'll both try and get better.
>>
>>25140401
>So do farmers.
*So do farmers to breed better varieties of crops.
>>
should i stop taking my medcine /r9k/
im on paliperiode injections and dont think i should take them anymore
>>
File: just2.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
just2.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
im not diagnosed yet but i just got back from a psychiatrist where i showed him something i wrote that looks similar to the op

tfw i use delusions of grandeur as escapism

mfw i calm down and and get ashamed and depressed that i ever believed those feelings of grandeur

at least im a perfectionist so i only express the most realistic delusions
>>
>>25139593
Insert gif of guy with schizophrenia stomping shit out of toddler
>>
>>25140384
You need to accept that your hallucinations are a powerful and wonderful tool, and then they won't be so negative because you're not afraid anymore. I hear conversations all the time, I have them with filmmakers, artists, and writers from different countries. They used to be of demons and ghosts and shadowpeople, until I stopped believing something was "wrong" with me.
>>
>>25140421
How did you manage to tell your now wife that you're fucked up in the head without scaring her off? Whenever I tell the women I'm dating that's pretty much all she wrote. It doesn't matter if I'm upfront when we start dating, few months into the ship of relations or if I don't tell them at all then they bring up that I'm acting strange etc because believe it or not, fellow robots, women are not all retarded
>>
>>25139941
Someone please respond, what possible mental illness could this be? It doesn't seem like schizophrenia.
>>
>>25140538
>You need to accept that your hallucinations are a powerful and wonderful tool

I hope you say this to the 'wrong' (in reality, right) person one time and they break your face.
>>
Op I work in a hospital, currently a Nurse Tech because currently in college. Why would you think these schitzo's who imagine an entire reality outside of what is actually going on fit for society? These people are not safe and are completely out of it.
>>
>>25140071
Nice excuse
>>
This is some juicy bait, mighty tasty looking indeed...

I'm not hungry, though.
>>
I guess, as long as the "illness" doesn't interfere with your ability to function
>>
>>25140550
You could very well be on the schizoid spectrum. I'd get yourself checked immediately
>>
>>25140573
'MENTAL ILLNESS IS NOT REAL [fine print]except those cases that it is, okay. but I'm not talking about those.[/fine print] GENERALLY IT'S NOT REAL'
>>
>>25139593
>why did "mental illness" not exist until the fall of the Catholic Church's influence in Europe?

because psychology did not exist yet shitlord
there were no sciences in that field yet.
>>
>>25140558
There are people who have given lectures about overcoming hallucinations with therapy and communication with one's self to huge audiences, and they did not get punched in the face.
>>
>>25140558
(A (a!) reason you deserve this is your misequivocation: in general, you're broadly declaring, 'm.i. isn't real', but it is only in particular, in subsequent requested elaboration, that you concede that 'uh, I just mean voices that have no truth value that are harmless by definition'; you say that only a limited subset of m.i. is harmful, but you *connote* that the whole phenomenon is a myth. It is somewhat surprising to see that all manipulators with ulterior motives rely on the same couple of sophistic tricks.)
>>
>>25140670
But there was physical medicine, why was it any different? There was a paradigm shift to meet the need for control of the population. Do you know where the first asylums were? They were on ships. The "mentally ill" were dragged on to ships to meet the demand for more sailors, you would have entire ships full of people who would be called crazy today. It's a term that was invented for control, and nothing else.
>>
>>25140699
This is irrelevant to your manipulation of >>25140711.

>(insert your ethnicity) ARE USELESS, LAZY, CRIMINAL SCUM WHO MUST BE INCINERATED!*
>
>[small print]*Does not apply to valuable members of that ethnicity.[/small print]

>(insert an affliction) IS HARMLESS, NO SYMPTOM OF IT SIGNIFICANTLY IMPAIRS YOU!*
>
>[small print]*Does not apply to symptoms that do just that.[/small print]
>>
>>25140765
>It's a term that was invented for control, and nothing else.

No. That term was created to refer to the condition that can result in a sibling watching their brother or sister accuse their mother of trying to poison their food.
>>
Alright, I concede defeat. It's real. Gimme my drugs and please find someone to love me. I want it so bad. I am willing to keep it DL.. Almost to the point I would take F if she weren't taken. She would love me, not sure I could love her back, her kindness at the very least.
>>
>>25140852
>>25140765
...People like you, OP, who struggle to appear insightful before an audience for consciously embracing paranoid, false notions, which are damaging to of the very group of people (psychiatrists) that is helping people your falsehoods are harming, are contemptible. Just contemptible. I am out.
>>
Is there anything that isn't a meme these days?
>>
I don't think you've ever met a schizophrenic
>>
>>27140789
Sometimes the delusions can be amusing and actually fun to toy with, however they will cross a line and start producing undesirable concepts of thought, I can hardly differentiate where the delusion ends and reality begins sometimes, I just don't want to be doped into oblivion, they weren't that severe in the first place. Keep the dose low.
>>
>>25140548
> How did you manage to tell your now wife that you're fucked up in the head without scaring her off? Whenever I tell the women I'm dating that's pretty much all she wrote.

I went through a lot of crazy bitches before meeting her. She's one-in-a-million, my wife.

> It doesn't matter if I'm upfront when we start dating, few months into the ship of relations or if I don't tell them at all then they bring up that I'm acting strange etc because believe it or not, fellow robots, women are not all retarded

This is the worst. I've been lucky in my personal life but my career has been an endless string of "You seemed so capable last month, why can you barely get out of bed this month!"

They can never know what it's like to see a bum on the street and suddenly have pure bliss collapse into absolute, mind-blowing agony like the changing wind.
>>
>>25141172
Goddammit. Fuck me, right?

That's pretty much how my career is too. Except I'm a combat engineer so....
>>
File: pol in a nutshell.jpg (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pol in a nutshell.jpg
44 KB, 300x300
>>25139593
I didn't think anyone but /pol/ could be this ignorant, but you've proved me wrong. Be proud.
>>
>>25140401
You're a troll. I stop to reply to you. If other users read all the previous posts they see why it's relevant. I could explain why it's relevant again but I already did here >>25140355 a second time. If I explained it again you probably would again just not react to my post and instead tell something unrelated.
>>
>>25141714
Only a retard like yourself would confuse the fact that pharmaceutical companies profit from their products for an argument for your heavy-handed scare tactics.
>>
>>25139941
This sounds like schizophrenia to me. You're certainly having command auditory hallucinations. You should speak with a psychiatrist today to get help. I've seen many people who have the same things you describe. There is help available for you. Good luck, anon. I work at a hospital, you never know, it could be me you see tomorrow. The people who work at these places do it because they care and want to help.
>>
>>25140476
the essay was about how im god and society is going to collapse

i spooked the psychiatrist so hard that he could only point out one slight error in one sentence that i have since corrected

LMAO HE HELPED ME MAKE MY ESSAY EVEN MORE FOOLPROOF!!!

AND THEN HE STARTED THROWING AROUND ADJECTIVES LIKE "DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR" AND GAVE ME A SCRIPT FOR ANTI-PYSCHOTICS

LMAO!!!
>>
>>25142407
>ADJECTIVES LIKE "DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR"

That phrase contains no adjective.

Two nouns and a preposition, or two substantives and a qualifier.
>>
>>25142528
ok i thought 'adjective' meant 'descripitve word'

you are reacting the same way he did after he read a 6 page essay
>>
>>25142701
Hardly. But the grammatical/linguistic terminology is pretty messy. Adverbs modify verbs for instance, but adnouns don't modify nouns; prepositions refer to a class that can appear post, not pre, another word. So don't feel too bad.
>>
File: smug lain.png (1 MB, 1520x1080) Image search: [Google]
smug lain.png
1 MB, 1520x1080
>>25142761
>So don't feel too bad.
it's almost like you forgot that you're taking to someone that believes they are god
>>
>>25142834
Hey, what with holy books, deities need a foundation of good grammar too.
>>
>>25140015
All I know is this dude exists
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked
>says the devil tells him to sacrifice children to ensure a good battle
>fights naked because it makes him invulnerable, tell this to all soldiers
>>
File: 1450486403749_1_.gif (784 KB, 481x505) Image search: [Google]
1450486403749_1_.gif
784 KB, 481x505
I have a voice in my head saying to kill myself. It's still my voice but it's not a concious thought
Is this just what depression is like or is it something else?
>>
File: 1439917066685.png (762 KB, 786x576) Image search: [Google]
1439917066685.png
762 KB, 786x576
>>25139593
No, it's because of thetans that accumulate in your body and cause mental health issues. Have you even read Dianetics?
>>
>>25142860
no it's more fun when you be as vague as possible

are you THE anti-buddha?

have you heard about what happened to the guy who's IQ was too high?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
>>
>It's all about power, keeping control over those who fall out of line and can't live the "correct" life of wagecuckdom and consumerist slavery.
Exactly right OP. People who get violent and angry due to "schizophrenia" would have been great warriors in times past. But because we live in a slave society where we have to be good little citizens, such pure male masculine aggression is not allowed.
>>
>>25143023
>are you THE anti-buddha?

That name was designed as an insult signifying my purported self-obliviousness of the purportedly religious fervour with which I oppose Eastern religions. I don't recognize it. But then, I don't recognize the need for (literal at least, in the sense of non-graphical) identification on boards, incl. imageboards, at all.

Also, while there are certainly many (and contradictory) Buddhist polytheistic (yes, poly*theistic*) mythologies whereby there exists more than one 'Buddha', I don't see why you used the definite article for myself, considering that I am largely alone in my views both on /r9k/ and elsewhere.

>have you heard about what happened to the guy who's IQ was too high?

Yes. Childhood of 160, IIRC? Confirmation bias; people remember about high IQ cases who failed to live up to expectations either professionally, academically, or morally. Nobody hears (or knows, really) about IQs of 150-160-170 who work happily and productively in universities as your regular physics researcher.
>>
>>25143281
>why you used
*why you stressed
>>
File: 1450159290586.gif (61 KB, 339x273) Image search: [Google]
1450159290586.gif
61 KB, 339x273
>>25142945
Suicidal thoughts are like a insecure bully. They are there to bully you but will never deliver.
>>
>>25143319
Laughed heartily. True.
>>
>>25143327
(For the record, not to imply that suicide is irrational etc. etc. Just the 'persistent', 'discomforting' (though not really, there is apparently a period when a suicidal person who's made up their mind completely feels better) and '(usually) ineffectual' aspects of the analogy.)
>>
I'm actually severely mentally ill and need various medications just to function and not stab my own eyes out and have a psychotic break, fuck your hippie "hurr medicine is evil" bullshit

>can't live the "correct" life of wagecuckdom and consumerist slavery
confirmed for butthurt NEET
>>
Well, /r9k/ is full of people studying psychiatry and like to come here to make people with mental illness even worse. I always knew psychiatrists were evil and sadistic but this is some fucked up shit right here.

(I'm talking about the posts in opposition to OPs post)
>>
OP you are absolutely correct, well said, articulated my feelings on the matter perfectly.
>>
>>25143380
>>25143394
>>25143403
Spectacular.
>>
File: just3.png (244 KB, 265x535) Image search: [Google]
just3.png
244 KB, 265x535
>>25143281
have you revealed your iq on this board before?

lmao i broke my brain with psychedelics

you spend a lot of time here for someone that claims to also be productive

though i guess what you're doing also very respectable
>>
Yep, it is all about control. In the end, we are left with words. Mental illness is a word, specific mental illnesses are words. They wrap certain feelings and ways of dealing with it under an umbrella term and treat it as though there is something more fundamental going on.

Mental illness as it relates to society is just as it is, and so in a sense it does exist, however, it is often used outside of its appropriate bounds. It cannot be used to render a persons words as "crazy" with any authenticity. Every case should be examined individually, there is no sense in lumping everything together and making it black and white.
>>
>>25143472
>have you revealed your iq on this board before?

Many times, yes. What I only revealed once and hardly associatably to my 'identity' is the results of my two professional tests, which are not my true IQ.

>you spend a lot of time here for someone that claims to also be productive

I don't claim that; people have literally dozens of times assumed my self-identification as either an intellectual or an intelligent person based on my priorities, but those assumptions are baseless.

>i guess what you're doing also very respectable

One always wonders how many threads in which I contributed you have seen, but -- thanks.

>>25143504
What a piece of incoherent crap. 'Everything is a just word' (which is literally 'everything is a social concept' FYI), plus a bit of generic appeal to ignorance ('what if terms are used wrong'), therefore psychiatry is untrustworthy. Literally woman-tier 'rhetorics'.
>>
>>25143556
>is a just word
*is just a word
>>
>>25143556
You have restated my argument to look like you have some legitimate critique to precede your claim that I'm being some tricky fucker. You haven't actually pointed out any flaws in my argument that doesn't involve it being wrong for the sake of being wrong.

We are talking about reality, correct? And when we talk of reality, we do not have the ability to say whether something is good or bad without involving it in the way the society is run. This is necessarily the case, what would the alternative be? What is the significance of a word if it doesn't cause feelings or actions, tangible things?

The conclusion to be drawn from this is that mental illness is just a convenient way to isolate and contain those whose qualities are undesirable.
>>
The retards in this thread who agree with OP have never met or interacted with a schizophrenic that needs medication. Nobody is advocating for people who don't need medication to take it - that would be insane. Obviously these drugs have powerful side effects. If you can get by without them, then you should, and there isn't a doctor in the world who would disagree with that.

A bad of schizophrenia though... is beyond the pale. Schizophrenics believe insane things, are debilitated by their illness, or become violent. I have known a schizophrenic who, when off her meds, couldn't dress herself because "the clothes wouldn't put themselves on".

A schizophrenic who needs their medication would die, be helpless, or cause significant harm to others.
>>
>>25143683
>You have restated my argument to look like you have some legitimate critique to precede your claim that I'm being some tricky fucker.

tl;dr 'STRAWMAN!!!'

>You haven't actually pointed out any flaws in my argument

You made no argument.

The closest to telling something is, judging from your follow-up, the sophistic misequivocation of 'to isolate undesirable qualities', in (1) the proper medical sense ('psychiatry is about isolating what's negative' -- obviuosly) and (2) the oppression-connoting sense ('the big bad psychiatry isolates!!').
>>
>>25143774
>The closest to telling something
*The closest you came to telling something
>>
>>25143556
>One always wonders how many threads in which I contributed you have seen, but -- thanks.

i have had 'stockholm sydrome' for psychedelics and have spent time searching the archive for threads that encourage my behaviour

i haven't personally communicated with you before but arguing around in circles seems like the way a good way of satisfying my need for social interaction

maybe we would both enjoy you poking holes in my essay

or i maybe i will just create some psychedelic art instead lmao

i am extremely lonely thank you for sharing your time with me
>>
>>25143747
>The retards in this thread who agree with OP have never met or interacted with a schizophrenic
We have schizophrenia.
>>
>>25143796
Frankly I can't be bothered to read most things anymore, nor really to talk on a personal level. But you sound a nice enough, open guy. I -- excuse the bluntness -- if you still have some IRL relationships, I hope you won't sever them.
>>
OP, you are short sighted. Some schizophrenics have to be locked up because they are so delusional that they would kill their own mother because they believe their mother is a government spy and trying to kill him / her by poisoning their food. Even with medications some of these people are so delusional they are extremely dangerous because they will do anything to "protect themselves". Not all schizophrenic patients have symptoms like you OP. Mental illness is not a meme, and in rare cases can be extremely dangerous and debilitating.
>>
>>25139637

Autistic schizophrenics are the funniest
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 600x664) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 600x664
>you made no argument
>proceeds to acknowledge the argument

I'm not against psychiatry, I am just wary of its potential to be used beyond its jurisdiction. It has been in the past.
>>
>>25143946
>>25143774
Oops. Forgot to link to response.
>>
>>25143946
I didn't acknowledge 'the argument', just the fallacy that i.a. prevented what you said from being one.
>>
File: welcome_nhk_8.jpg (19 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
welcome_nhk_8.jpg
19 KB, 704x396
>>25143867
>nor really to talk on a personal level
same

>IRL relationships
i have spent my entire lifetime trying and failing to make irl relationships

i think we are going to be friends wether we like or not
>>
OP has a point, but schizophrenia and depression/anxiety are different ball games.

Depression and anxiety are memes, but schizophrenia is serious business. It runs in my family and I'm petrified of getting it myself as I'm at that age now
>>
mental illness can be kind of hot tbmfh. does anyone have the pic of the hot crazy girl from snapchat threatening to kill the person she snapped
>>
File: 1449986426682.jpg (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449986426682.jpg
61 KB, 500x375
>tfw self diagnosed myself with histrionic personality disorder
>>
>>25143946
Also, you just did it again. 'I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that we should keep an eye on it, get what I'm saying, hint hint.' At least don't be a coward and say openly that you have a grudge against it. It's nothing new -- psychiatrists have to deal with patients who upon leaving the hospital proceed to writing hurtful pieces on them somestimes.
>>
>>25144006
What age? If you dont get it by 30 your chances are slim, unless you abuse the hell out of street drugs.
>>
>>25144024
21 years old
Fucking robot
>>
>>25144045
Good luck to you anon.
>>
>>25144064
Thanks very much m8
>>
>>25144003
>tfw your Skype contact list count has peaked at 3 a year or two ago and has been on the decline since
>tfw 100% of your chats on Omegle you used to frequent now end with a preemptive departure after the first couple of lines in anticipation of the inevitable point when you have nothing to say

Well, 'nuff divulged.
>>
>>25144016
I've never had anything to do with a psychiatrist or psychiatric care in my life.
>>
>>25144097
I did not imply that that was the case for you personally. Nice delusion of reference there.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 349x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 349x356
>>25144014
Kek, this nigga switchin it up
>>
>>25144097
Well good for you faggot.
>>
>>25144115
le bump, i want this too
>>
File: reismile2.jpg (46 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
reismile2.jpg
46 KB, 720x480
>>25144090
reading your posts make my brain hurt ill try again another day when i feel better
>>
>>25144345
I guess I could have said 'you (I) leave preemptively in anticipation...'. Basically, I want to avoid (the shame of) having nothing to say to the Stranger, so I leave.

You belong to the minority who attributes the incomprehensibility of my posts to themselves and not to my purported psychiatric condition, by the way.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n5xkzyHJOc1r16974.png (127 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n5xkzyHJOc1r16974.png
127 KB, 500x375
>>25144470
i will leave you with just this picture
>>
File: Rei_Lilith_half_face.png (472 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
Rei_Lilith_half_face.png
472 KB, 856x482
>>25144470
have you seen neon genesis evangelion?
>>
>>25144888
Of the lone time (excepting random Dragon Ball videos on YouTube) that I watched anime I have only remembered the fact that I had failed to understand the plot and remember the characters and felt miserable as a result.

So, no.

Please don't recommend me things, good no doubt, or I'll say 'fuck off'.
>>
File: rustie-5350751e3a6eb4.71412670.jpg (67 KB, 618x521) Image search: [Google]
rustie-5350751e3a6eb4.71412670.jpg
67 KB, 618x521
>>25144945
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x3fonkP6Ds
>>
>>25139593
>mental illnesses don't exist!
Yeah, and I bet autism doesn't exist either.
You're looking as stupid as climate change deniers and evolution deniers here.
>>
>>25145051
If you think that I'm going to play along your intentionally semi-serious declarations of a mental condition you purportedly have, and consequently play the game of pretend that there is some sort of circumstantial similarity between us because you purported 'believe yourself to be special' by virtue of 'delusions of grandeur' and I am someone whom you have managed to identify from their posting style, you are wrong. I am interested not interested in playing along. What I'm interested in is strictly the things I post about on my own. Fuck off with your newfound pastime-of-the-hour of chatting at me, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>25139593
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1bb2JakOmo
>>
File: rei & shinji.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
rei & shinji.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
im going to work on my essay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA2h10yKCSk
>>
Memes didn't exist for milleniums you fucking retard.
>>
>>25139593
dont get butt hurt if your get memed on
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg (111 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg
111 KB, 1000x563
>>25145513
your life is a meme
>>
>>25139593
I disagree with this post. I have severe mental health issues, can't hold down a job, but actually WANT to, even though NEETbux are an option. Though I believe my mental health issues are part genetic (brother has similar issues and is a 34 year old NEET) and part a product of the abuse dealt by the hands of my meth addicted father.
>>
sounds like someone just read his first foucault
>>
File: 1432862372620.jpg (5 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
1432862372620.jpg
5 KB, 250x175
>>25145228
JUST

to be

only

with you
>>
are a star
>>
>>25145831
You are not alone.
blox lmao
>>
>>25143890
That's exactly how countries and religions operate too.

How come a soldier who murders Afghan kids because of something a few people did in 2001 isn't considered mentally ill?

How come someone who believes that a suicidal homeless man's death helped purify his soul and give him a chance to go to a magical place when he dies isn't considered mentally ill?

Mental illness isn't consistenly diagnosed at all; there are plenty of socially acceptable ways to exhibit symptoms of schizophrenia/psychopathy/etc.
>>
You're right, my chick was much better off when she was tearing apart my car saying there was blood all over the inside and accusing me of being a serial killer

Those meds that prevent shit like that sure are evil, yup
>>
my head is hurting again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vbUGBOgnMg
>>
>>25139593
Take your fucking pills, you're hurting everyone around you you selfish cunt
>>
File: Lilith.png (475 KB, 640x772) Image search: [Google]
Lilith.png
475 KB, 640x772
>>25146118
i don't have any yet but this is working well for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB74H8AiYxg
>>
>>25146118
>cunt
pls be in australia
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxo8x2vpu4g
>>
https://soundcloud.com/luckyme/advent-16
>>
>>25139593
Mental illness is only treated if it prevents a person from functioning normally in their day-to-day life.
>>
>>25146703
Define "functioning normally".
>>
>>25146703
>>25146720
And also that's not true.
>>
>>25146703
>>25146720
>>25146732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcYROtr-CUA
>>
>>25146720
Modern society has surpressed my masculine instincts for so long that I believe I am YOUR GODDEZZ.
>>
pls send an email to [email protected] if you want
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 470x313
www.hooktheory.com/theorytab/chords/pk/214981
>>
>>25147384
oh the link is broken lmao
just google rustie 4eva hooktheory
>>
>>25145228
Tonight, do you feel, alive?
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 493x335
my mums schizo btw
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 509x289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 509x289
>>25146732
Don't be afraid.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.