[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's this shit about people downplaying the concept of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: ILTsO2o.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ILTsO2o.jpg
172 KB, 1024x768
What's this shit about people downplaying the concept of love on this board?

"it's just a shallow instinct"
"it's just a chemical reaction in the brain"
"love doesn't exist past the age of like 13 lol grow up"

no shit you desperate fucks, but it serves an extremely important role in human life. if there was no love in humans, we wouldnt pair bond. the massive parental investment it takes to raise a healthy human being requires TWO or more people who look after each other and their child, triggering certain self-sacrificing and altruistic parental instincts.

"is that it?"

No. The companionship that love facilitates is a necessity for not only mental but also for PHYSICAL HEALTH. You will live for an extra decade if you're in a functional long-term intimate relationship. Why? Because affectionate behavior literally fights against viruses and modulates immune function. You basement nerds and MGTOW idiots forget this, but human touch releases certain hormones that are beneficial for physical health and lowers stress hormones. This is especially important if you are lonely or have suffered trauma in the past. If your HPA axis (stress system in the human body) is out of whack, which is often the case in traumatized individuals, your stress hormone cortisol is high and for prolonged periods of time, which in turn compromises your immune system.

If you're lonely, you're stressed, because nature did not design you to be alone for such long periods of time as you spend in front of a computer. Being stressed, the stress hormones slow down your T and B immune cell production by your thymus and bone marrow. It also impairs your cellular functioning: you will have, for example, less DNA repair enzymes at your disposal, increasing your cancer cells and eventually will lead to cancer (although cancer cells existing in your body isn't necessarily harmful as they may lie dormant for a long time).

Stop trying to make excuses for not looking for genuine love. You NEED it.
>>
i NEED anime

go fuck yourself in the ass captain lovesdick
>>
the only thing i need to do is die.
>>
File: a rare taste.jpg (124 KB, 780x1052) Image search: [Google]
a rare taste.jpg
124 KB, 780x1052
There is too much competition.
There is too much to do and improve upon myself.

All for a chance at love, which WILL leave me suffering.

True love is out there, sure, but I am not deserving of it.
>>
You don't need love. Also, your medical rant is flat out wrong. Being in a relationship doesn't make you healthier or live longer. Stop pushing your agenda with pseudo-science.
>>
>>25132762
Being in a relationship per se doesn't, yes, but being in a happy relationship compared to someone who's single AND LONELY does make you live longer. Loneliness is one of the worst things out there for your health. People who have sex every week are healthier and they age slower.

>>25132741
there isn't too much competition, 70% of guys are utter losers and failures with the opposite sex. pussy does not come to you, you have to go for the pussy, AND ASK FOR IT. On top of that, women seek relationships more than sex, so you're actually working on a common goal here.
>>
>>25132678
Do you have any links to legitimate scientific studies that back up what you say? If so I'd like you to post them for me.
>>
>>25132678

If looking for 'genuine love' means spending MY time on places like OkCupid for hours and sifting through fucking fat ugly women, then I'll accept the health risks involved with being lonely.
>>
Dont have a gf since 4 years, been sick once from eating bad icecream in Albania.

I live rather healthy and are genetically blessed (most of my relatives live/lived to 85+).

Pretty sure it will not be loneliness that will kill me...
>>
>>25132678
I love myself enough.
There's the excuse.
>>
>>25133022
LOL, everything I stated is COMMON KNOWLEDGE. It's not controversial fringe knowledge. You don't need studies, although you'll surely find them if you just google the keywords. It is an ENDOCRINOLOGICAL FACT THAT HUMAN CONTACT IMPROVES YOUR HEALTH. Look up immunological benefits of oxytocin on google.
>>
>>25133090
not having a gf =/= being lonely

you can prevent loneliness with a plethora of methods that don't even include a female. however, for most males it is the best possible option to go for. not only do you get a romantic and intimate companion but you also can get a family, which gives you further benefits. there's a reason why marriage is so essential in human history. having a spouse and a family works as a civilizing agent for males.
>>
>>25133149
>anon turns in a paper to teacher
>"anon where are your facts for all of these claims"
>LOL BRO JUST GOOGLE EM URSELF ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE

you are mostly right with your claims but you look like a giant faggot right now, the burden of proof is on you
>>
>>25132678

People also need food and water and we have billions not getting either. At least we can live without love.
>>
>>25133230
I would actually always be afraid of loosing my stuff and money in case of a seperation. Also she would have to earn quite bit of money herself, i hate financially depend couples. I also dont want kids. That together with me not caring much about peoples feelings would make a long lasting relationship rather unlikely to happen. I actually broke up with my girlfriend because i got fed up by her telling me how her day was.
>>
>>25133333
What I'm describing is research literature, not some random shit I cooked up in my head. Sure, if I cared enough I could find you a dozen links from google scholar regarding what I'm telling you. But I don't. My credibility isn't a big deal to me on fucking 4chan. Also, you wouldn't read the texts anyway. It would be just boring biology to you. It's just that I'm applying it to certain situations while describing the mechanisms at work. If you want me to prepare a presentation on this subject, I will surely find ample sources to back up what I'm saying. But this time you'll just have to take my word for it, or go do some independent learning if it so much interests you.
>>
Living longer is just the icing on the shit cake that is life. Same with love.
>>
>>25133506
Not caring enough to provide the burden of prove as 'the one who professes that he knows better' would be a respectable reason assuming you didn't spend hundreds of words trying to craft a argument for your point.
>>
>>25132678
>You basement nerds and MGTOW idiots forget this, but human touch releases certain hormones that are beneficial for physical health and lowers stress hormones.
Have you ever thought about going to a country suffering from famine and telling people the following:
>You hungry skeletons forget this, but food is beneficial for physical health and prevents death.
>>
>>25133506
>If you want me to prepare a presentation on this subject, I will surely find ample sources to back up what I'm saying.

Yes please.
>>
well OP you have convinced me, suicide IS the best option
>>
>>25134111
>>You hungry skeletons forget this, but food is beneficial for physical health and prevents death.

LOL, what's the difference between the two scenarios? You have a choice. You have mobility.
>>
>>25134473
they have a brain so technically they could become smart and make enough money for food
>>
>>25134473
But I don't have a choice. I'm destined to become a wizard king and there's nothing I can do about it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.