[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im thinking of experimenting a bit with drugs, more specifically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 10
File: shrroms.jpg (146 KB, 1190x595) Image search: [Google]
shrroms.jpg
146 KB, 1190x595
im thinking of experimenting a bit with drugs, more specifically LSD and/or shrooms
anybody with experience they would like to share?
i've only done weed and alchohol before
got some a few grams of speed around here somewhere but havn't gotten a good oppertunity to test some yet since i've heard it fucks up your sleep schedule pretty badly
>>
Prepare for new perspective, hard introspection, facing your deepest fears, all that boring crap.
>>
>>25130870
same here. Problem is I can't get my hands on acid. Thinking about just growing my own shrooms.
Anyone got any experience with buying acid. Is there a safe way to buy on the internet or do you need real life connections?
>>
File: 1419226870483.png (1 MB, 642x767) Image search: [Google]
1419226870483.png
1 MB, 642x767
I tried LSA and it was a mindblowing experience.

I had a Kundalini awakening. Electricity ran from my hips and the base to the spine, slowly up to my brain and it felt like I could feel everything in the world, like my senses were expanded to every corner of the universe. It was pretty cool.
>>
>>25130870
Me and a bud are getting ready to make some dmt right now what do you what to know?
>>
Acid>>>>Shrooms
desu shrooms can be scary bcuz they make you confront inner demons and it gets really introspective and emotional. Acid is just a damn good time bruh. pop 2 tabs(MAKE SURE ITS LEGIT ACID THOUGH, GET A TRUSTWORTHY HOOKUP) sip a beer and smoke some bowls and groove out. I suggest going to a movie and walking around a city on acid. Makes you feel like a groovy mofo.
>>
>>25130870
I'd go with shrooms. You can grow them yourself and even if you buy from the streets you know what you're getting. With LSD it's always either some research chemical or just underdosed tabs.
If you buy from the internet however..damn...That internet LSD will take you to another fucking world my man.

And there's not much difference between an acid trip and a shroom trip to be honest, same receptors being toyed with.
>>
>>25131079
I completely disagree, shrooms can get way more emotional and introspective. Acid makes you feel like you entered scooby doo land
>>
>>25130947
danknet markets are sorta safe, the only reason it's "better" than off the streets is that you can be more sure that its actually acid and not 25i or 25c or whatever.

For real life connects, those are hard to come by. They're either skeevy and will overcharge you, or won't trust you for a while if they're legit.

Growing shrooms is really easy, just follow a guide online. Spores/Spore prints are legal to order from what I know.

And if all else fails, look into 4aco DMT, the trip is very similar to mushrooms (something about it metabolizing as psilobin/psilocybin). You can get that legally as well, just a quick google search away.

For lsd, remember this - if it's bitter, it's a spitter. LSD, even at higher doses, should taste like paper and maybe ink if the blotter has a lot of art on it. No more than 1cmx1cm in size. Even tabs with 800ug (they exist) won't taste like anything. The only time you'll taste lsd is if you're drinking a large amount of it in liquid form, say 100hits from a vial or in a shot glass.

For 4aco DMT make sure you get an accurate scale. That isn't something you want to take too much of.

Also with shrooms and acid, this is for anyone who's a beginner, start low your first time (1g shrooms, 100ug lsd) and work your way up. Wait at least a week or two in between trips, and don't take any benzos or eat any heavily processed foods.
>>
try dxm
>>
>>25130997
>my senses were expanded to every corner of the universe

How many vertices does the universe say? I'm curious.
>>
>>25130870
Acid was one of the best times of my life, made me totally at peace with the world. Shrooms made me feel like I was in a car with a suicidal drunk driver
>>
>>25131171
>does the universe say
*does the universe have
>>
>>25131140
good information, thanks m8
what about having bad trips?
its not like im depressed or anything but i do get pretty down sometimes when im alone
>>
>>25131194
>>25131171
Such a good post and you have to fcuk it up with a typo
>>
>>25130997
If you can get your hands on LSA why not go all the way and make LSD, I'm sure it's not that complex once you manage making that first step.
>>
>>25131242
>what about having bad trips?

They are what happens when your mind resists the idea that what you are experiencing might be just emotional bullshit.
>>
>>25131140
>heavily processed foods
Explain.
>>
>>25131268
>might be
*might not

Shit, I am in bad shape.
>>
>>25131242
Not him but I have had like two terrifying trips so far out of the 10 trips I have had in total. So if snakes start to eat your arms off and your dead grandmother will start to crawl up on your leg with a knife between her teeth, just try to have fun with it and remember that it's all in your head and the trip will be over soon, try to distract yourself with music.
>>
>>25130870
Be me
Be 15
(4 years ago go away mods)
Do lsd
Feelsgoodman.jpg
But be careful to not focus on anything bad you'll either get super pissed or sad and it will ruin your trip
>>
>>25131329
Underage. Go back to reddit.
>>
>>25131350
Druggies are not usually underage. They are just undermature.
>>
>>25131267
LSA is extremely easy/cheap to get a hold of, it's just Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. I got like 50 doses for five dollars. LSA is used in some LSD production methods, but it's very difficult to turn into lysergic acid which is the actual precursor for LSD. Most of the chemicals needed are controlled. It's a lot easier to make it from ergot cultures, but that takes a lot of graduate-level knowledge of biology and chemistry.
>>
whatever you do dont fuck with otc drugs
at least do proper research
i fucked up and i actually stopped doing drugs because of it
>>
>>25131360
Nah. LSD threads always attract weed kids that think LSD is cool and "dude lsd lmao", they just think LSD is edgy so they try to relate.
>>
>>25131407
>they just think LSD is edgy

That must have to do with the literally edgy visuals on it.
>>
>>25130870
Shrooms helped chip away at my depression and anxiety, Salvia as well.

Shrooms were actually my first real dug ever, I wouldn't start smoking weed until a couple of years afterwards.

With any psych drug you have to mind two things, these will determine whether your trip will be a good or bad one.

Set and setting.

Set: your mood that day, any current worries that you might have. If you're stressing over a school or work project, put off doing those drugs.

Setting: where you'll physically be for your trip, and also who you'll be with. Although trips typically start off indoors, I highly recommend leaving for greener pastures and walking around outside in parks and by the water, etc. Obviously avoid places like shopping malls and your parents' house.

Have some "safe spots" and thigns that bring you comfort whether they're your ipod or sunglasses or something.
>>
>>25131296
Just from personal experience, I feel a lot better if I try to stick to more basic/natural foods like grainy bread, fruits/veggies, light meats, etc the day before and the day of the trip.

Eating things that are more processed like chips, hot pockets, fried foods, etc just made me feel sick/nauseous which never usually happens for me with lsd.

ymmv but it's just what I do.

>>25131242
For me it's a matter of mindset and not allowing yourself to continue negative thinking. If you start to get anxious/"the fear" just focus on your breathing by doing breathing exercises. On psychedelics, negative thoughts will build off of eachother until you find yourself trapped in a loop of them, aka 'a bad trip'

Just breathe in slowly, hold it for a bit, and exhale. Focus on that for a few minutes and you'll likely forget what the negative thought was in the first place.
>>
>>25131350
Im 19 fuck off
>>
>>25131267
LSA is easy to make LSD is VERY difficult to make and EXTREMELY hard to get the precursors
>>
>>25131369
>>25131479
As far as I see only one of the precursors is hard to get your hands on, which is the ergot alkaloid.

I'm sure that LSA is easier to use as precursor, since it's far, far less difficult to get your hands on.
>>
>>25131479
This, it is possible to make it via LSA, but you need to be very intelligent/experienced in the field and have access to expensive lab equipment.

LSD isn't something you can make by taking an intro chem course at your university. Even if you get lucky enough to find all the right materials/equipment you'll probably end up killing yourself in the process without the proper knowledge.

If you're going to try making an "at home" powerful psychedelic, just make mescaline HCL or nnDMT.
>>
>>25131579
>LSD isn't something you can make by taking an intro chem course at your university. Even if you get lucky enough to find all the right materials/equipment you'll probably end up killing yourself in the process without the proper knowledge.
This, yes.
It's not simple and you need a proper laboratory, it's not the kind of thing you can do with a couple pots and glasses in your kitchen.
>>
>>25131457
First shroom trip:

>In basement of friends of gf
>some idea of what to expect since I researched trips on erowid
>eat shitty shrooms
>sit around
>eventually one of the guys goes "eehhheheheheh I have an idea" and turns off the light and plays a song
>Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
>song is like 4 minutes long but feels like 45 minutes
>ohhhhhhhhhhhh I'm feeling something
>lights turned back on
>I was sitting on the couch but am now on the floor
>carpet feels alive
>everything is lightly vibrating
>look around, we all have shit-eating grins on our faces
>someone has the idea to play a board game
>the game Life
>I think it's literally a game that controls life
>too fucked up to learn how to play and don't want to ruin my life
>excuse myself to go washroom
>stare in mirror for ?? minutes, pupils the size of dinner plates
>eventually walk out
>turn around to turn off light
>still see in front of me, which is behind me
>wut
>"nonnonononanon anon.... anon... haha you al right?"
>gf is standing there
>someone is outside banging on the door and ringin the doorbell because the locked themselves out
>we all laugh
>decide to go out on an adventure
>walk down road to bus stop
>have to piss
>nowhere to go
>decide pissing in the middle of the road is the best solution
>bus shows up just as I'm putting my dick away, facing away from it
>people's faces are melting
>I can hear colours
>???
>get to a movie theater complex
>we're all coming down
>have an idea
>"do you want to have sex"
>gf and I run off
>bang her with the shroom afterglow

I really wanted to fuck her while we were tripping but that never happened
>>
>take a tab of acid
>receive no visuals or epiphanies
>receive permanent serotonin balance instead
>fourteen years of oppressive static intrusive thoughts and suicidal ideation gone
Neat.
>>
>>25131828
Maybe it was bunk acid. That's neat though.
>>
>>25131828
>receive permanent serotonin balance instead

>routinely accuses others of 'not understanding science'
>thinks there exists such a thing as an 'objective balance'

>laughing...
>laughing...

Actually there is no laughing...jpg for someone who'd bitterly laugh at such druggie retardation.

Enjoy thinking that your newly-found spinelessness is 'objective balance', your retard. 'It took brainwashing by my sect leader for me to understand that what he says is not brainwashing but just pointing objective truth.' 'It took drug-inflicted empathy for me to understand that the drug-inflicted compassion and mellowness is not mellowness, but just an objectively right balance.'

Every single druggie is a joke.
>>
>>25131984
Ignore eeyore, he's a psychology grad, of course he doesn't understand science lel
>>
>>25131868
As I said, I only had one tab. I'm sure hallucinations may have been present if I had taken more. For example: a friend of mine also present had taken two and he saw visuals present in the walls, although he ended up having a bad trip, overall.

It would be interesting to try it again someday and experience hallucinations.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x598
>>25131984
>>25131828
In short, pure pic related. Redefinition of 'balance' as whichever state one has been put by the drug into. No matter how empathetic it makes you, it just magically happens to be OH JUST THE AMOUNT OF EMPATHY I SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN FROM THE BEGINNING.

>>25132022
I suppose.
>>
Also.

>>25132036
>I'm sure hallucinations may have been present
>I'm sure
>may have been

'Lel' indeed.
>>
>>25132052
'this guy. Also' again

I feel bad for you bro I really do.
>>
>>25132036
You're getting some bunk acid my man. Props to your dealer who is making money from you fags.
>>
>>25132187
And? So? Original.
>>
>>25132285
Five dollars to not spend every conscious moment wanting to blow my brains out is acceptable to me.
>>
>>25132321
I feel genuinely sorry for you and everyone else who missed out on getting good acid on their first trip. From what you've said those tabs you're getting are probably 30ug tops.
>>
>>25130870
>smoke Salvia
>???????
>??????
>??!?!?!?!?!?!!!??
>....
>what the hell man
>>
>>25132391
I can understand that but I'm sure as hell not complaining. Shit literally saved and improved my life. I mainly post about it as an example of acid NOT causing X, Y, and Z effects like many people think occurs--although it is usually ignored or received with a "you're wrong because I said so" response. Ah well. Can't be helped.
>>
>>25132529
>there have been no studies relating use of 'psychedelics' to long term life choices or communicational variables such as subject of discussion
>therefore it is unscientific to move to the second best thing, namely observation of druggies at large

Go on, entertain us (?) some more.
>>
>>25132609
>>25132529
In other words, enjoy deluding yourself that 'proper' studies are qualitatively different from 'improper' ones, 'scientist'.
>>
>>25132637
>In other words

do you ever take a day off?

Just sit by the fireplace and read a book and don't worry about Buddhists and people who take chemicals?
>>
>>25132670
Flawless victory, druggie -- for no one at all will bother to verify that I take care in every single thread I post in to elucidate at least one specific Buddhist or druggie fallacy, such as >>25132609 or >>25132052, as opposed to vaguely attacking people for their affiliation or choices that you have implied.
>>
>>25132734
no I'm just genuinely wondering why you do this to yourself everyday.

Do you drink coffee or beer or wine? Do you play video games?
>>
>>25132803
>Do you drink coffee or beer or wine?

I use no drugs at all, which is rare seeing 'meditation' is a drug.

>Do you play video games?

Last time I had to do with one was when I ported the engine of a very very very simple game from C to JavaScript and whipped up a <canvas/> fronted for it. Turns out, given a couple of search & replace and a handful of corrections, it works out of the box. But again, I shouldn't even mention that -- druggies and Buddhists feel better when they find me the autistic schizophrenic shut-in; who am I to disabuse them of that.
>>
File: 1439573336335s.jpg (3 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
1439573336335s.jpg
3 KB, 125x116
>>25132952
I feel so sorry for you bro.

Lighten up, have some weed.

But seriously, look into the amount of philosophers and scientists who have viewed psychedelics as a massively mind opening experience. There's a reason they've been used for centuries.
>>
>>25133075
Literally nothing 'psychedelics' have 'opened' one's mind to is falsifiable. Literally no thing.

Don't get me wrong, those epiphanies are found profound -- but this is exclusively due to the imprint of equivalence. 'This thing I felt/thought/"thought" during the trip... it is meaningful... because I *feel* it corresponds to everything! My cliches about understanding and concepts and cognits and language and the self... they RING so TRUE! They evoke the memory of this UNEXPLAINABLE state, this just MEANS that there is something beyond intellect and language!'

tl;dr I have left those revelations far, far, far behind me.
>>
>>25133178
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of my flawed intellect's narrow-minded definitions. But because, I am enlightened by my understanding that understanding is subjective. Eh?
-- every druggie ever
>>
>>25133178
You are so fucking closed minded man. But its ok, right, cause you're ~enlightened~ !

Steve fucking Jobs himself accredited his success to LSD. Whether or not the trip makes them realise things that are objectively true or not dosen't fucking matter if it ends up making them a wiser, more well balanced person. But that's ok, keep arguing with internet strangers. Don't forget your fedora on the way out!
>>
>>25131140
>800ug LSD tabs exist
ya, bullshit
>>
>>25130870
I've done (what I think it was) LSD a few times.
The best part is the comeup.
Worst part is 6-8 hours in, and you can't fall asleep.
If I were you, I'd try to get ahold of some sleeping pills since nothing helps when your eyes just really want to stay up no matter how exhausted you feel.
For the trip you really ought to get something to smoke (smoking itself is a weird as fuck experience while tripping) and good food.
If you're hungry it will be hell since you'll just focus on that.
Try sour candy when tripping.
>>
>>25133295
>if it ends up making them a wiser, more well balanced person
>wiser

'Wisdom' is literally an 'enlightenment'-tier word. It exists strictly to dispense approval: 'he agrees with me, so I'm going to call him wise'. It is thoroughly worthless and means nothing. It is generally, like most religious terms, tautological, 'oh wisdom is sound judgement', 'oh sound judgement is doing the right thing', 'oh doing the right thing is looking at things properly', 'oh looking at things properly is having insight', 'oh having insight is knowing what to do', 'oh knowing what to do is wisdom'. (Literally >>25132052 and >>25131984.) Its utility, compared to that of economics or physics or statistics or math or CS or whichever of this subject set I should stop feeling embarrassed for saying is timeworthy, is nil. You find that Jobs man 'wise' strictly because he exchanges platitudes.

tl;dr in time, I find it harder and harder not to mention you ridiculous are literally.
>>
>>25133476
>>25133295
tl;dr you're like a person who calls someone 'illogical' because they did something you wouldn't have chosen to do.
>>
>>25130870

Do everything you can get your hands on, OP.

I've done shrooms, LSD, DMT and related psychadelics for years and I've only ever felt wonderful.

We have a camping trip in the UK every autumn where twelve or so of us get together, walk the fields, pick shrooms, catch up, get high and eat bbq for a couple of days. Everything about it is revitalising. A few of us even have wives and kids and use the trip as a way of getting away and reflecting on our lives over the previous year.

In other words, get high with your friends and go outside.
>>
>>25133542
>In other words

Oi!
>>
>>25133240
In this moment I am feeling great and don't want to kill myself like the guy that constantly comes to these types of threads to bash on otoher people.
-every druggie ever

These druggies probably have no fucking clue what they're talking about, but at least they have some positivity in their lives, unlike the cynical fucks that constantly attack them, but are miserable.
>>
>>25130870
Be careful with psychedelics. Be cautious and skeptical of any realizations or epiphanies you have as a result of psychedelics.
Sometimes you see something that shines so brightly that it must be the truth. But they're not, most of them, most of them are garbage that just looks like truth.
Don't worry when you're tripping, but once it's over and you're trying to sort your head out remember to be cautious and skeptical.
>>
>>25133618
Not even this pitiful ad hominem of 'ur sad' works, because 'psychedelics' cut people from the happiness of understanding things (off the top of my head, granted -- trivially, morphemic awareness[1] and reproductification of affixes[2]), and finer emotions (a good taste in music is prominent), reducing them to idle pursuit of social approval ('I believe that one should always respect one's experiences are always personally meaningful and valid! :) ' 'Me too! :) ' 'It is so good there still are deeply understanding, deeply wise people like us around! Let's hang out! :) ').

[1] https://google.com/search?q=morphemic awareness
[2] https://google.com/search?q=productive affix
>>
>>25133526
That is exactly who you are. Ironic isn't it?
>>
>>25133476
You're a real piece of work my man.
And no, I don't think he is "wise", but if he claims that his success, a multi-billion dollar company, is owed to the insight that he gained through LSD, it must be powerful shit my dude.

Also stop putting TL;DRs (which for the record, made no sense) in, this isn't fucking reddit you autismo.

Why must every single thing be objective? Are you that proud that only your outlook on the world matters? Like seriously man get a fucking grip.
>>
>>25133784
I don't think I have ever used the word 'illogical'. I don't use 'wise', 'understanding', 'awareness', 'consciousness', and so on, either (unless, of course, as auxiliaries, 'speed-wise', 'are you aware that...?' etc.). Those terms are religious; I leave them to Buddhists and druggies.
>>
>>25133793
He is r9k's resident sperg.

Anything that has to do with Buddism or drugs triggers him immensely and he goes on a wall-of-text rampnage followed byt several replies to his own posts of TL:DRs and "In other word"s.

His use of single quotes, as well as crazy nonsense, make it obvious of who he is. He may as well post with a trip so we can filter him out.
>>
File: 1439588406994.jpg (16 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1439588406994.jpg
16 KB, 512x384
>>25133843
I can literally hear his heavy breathing from here. I feel so sorry for kids like that man.

Kinda makes me feel good that I am not that fucked up, you know?
>>
>>25133296
I guess you just don't know the right people.
>>
>>25133843
Nothing will stop people from responding to it because kids have the incessant need to always be CORRECT. That obviously doesn't apply towards that person alone but to the the overwhelming population of people who contribute low-quality posts, overall.
Notice how the current argument can be summed up as "I'm better than you", "No I'M better than you", etc. between-the-lines; two sides of the same coin that will never admit their similarity. All we can do is watch the world burn at this rate.
>>
>>25133793
>(which for the record, made no sense)

It did. I actually wondered if to mention that in that post. Word order is hardly set in stone; altering it doesn't invalidate a phrase like abuse of types would, e.g. 'I he you said told'. The structure of 'you ridiculous are literally' can be e.g. considered postpositionally, '(you ridiculous) are literally'; which facilitates final emphasis of 'literally'.
>>
>>25133951
(Or prepositionally as well, 'you (ridiculous are) literally' -- this is syntactic awareness in turn.)
>>
>>25133476
you've had some pretty good points so far my friend I have to admit.

Don't you believe that novel experiences are always good though and can help you achieve mental growth?
>>
>>25133767
>my happiness is better than yours
>taking psychedelics always ends up with the user reducing himself to pursuing approval
Wew, lad. Be sincere, are you really happy with what you're doing right now ? Does your superior understanding of things that's supposed to make you happy actually do that ? You're arguing with people that you don't on r9k. Usually people that are enjoying life don't end up here, unless you really have low standards and are enjoying yourself right now.
>>
>>25133929
Long time lurker (assuming superiority to gain credibility to future statements), isn't that what these boards are all about? (rhetorical question implying defecit of knowledge) people psychologically one upping each other?

Intentions shown in parentheses (showing an apparent understanding of own application of mentioned narcissism to appear unbiased ("apparent understanding" perceived reality is correct as opposed to everyone else's))

Wow look how edgy I've been, fuck everyone (there's no way to win)(I suck dick)
>>
>>25133929
>kids have the incessant need to always be CORRECT

Right, because the echo chamber of a world in which people just remind other people with 'You don't have to be correct, ya know?' 'Ya I know dude, I don't have to be correct. And you don't have to be correct either, in case you forgot.' 'Hey you over there, you know you don't have to be correct too, do you?' would be so much more exciting.

Self-development is literally the pursuit of making your claims as testable, as falsifiable, as possible, so that discussion isn't exchange of platitudes but, again, something as trivial even as discussion of criteria of grammaticality of word order. Self-development is literally making your claims more and more possible to be found incorrect. Without it, your words are just, to borrow a figure of speech from one anon, runny shit. The friction between correctness and incorrectness is the traction, so to borrow a word from a certain trip this time, that makes society move forward.
>>
Good lord, some of you robots never give up, do you?

What's more natural than developing an interest in expanding your mind, reading and researching and learning about your environment, going out into that natural world and using your new found knowledge to have a great time with yourself and your friends?

I've been picking liberty caps every year since I was fifteen (that's eighteen seasons now) and I've cherished every moment.

No normies, no cunts, just the outdoors and people you can trust downing a hundred shroom brew with vimto chasers to avoid throwing the valuable filth back up.
>>
>>25134175
Which, again, is definitely to be considered in terms of druggies' realizations being majorly about 'understanding that words aren't everything', 'understanding that I was too argumentative', 'understanding that everyone has his own perception of reality', and so on.
>>
>>25134175
>>25134224
Self development is not constantly being upset at strangers on r9k
>>
>>25134306
>upset at strangers

I'm not upset, I'm critical of.

It's not strangers, it's those strangers' harmful voicings of their priorities.

The only word you can agree with is the at.
>>
Shrooms and LSD are for normies. Do DXM instead. It is the robot approved drug.

>>25134215
>friends
>no normies
>>
>>25134332
You're operating on the basis that anyone cares about what you have to say and that your waterfalls of thesaurus-researched words are going to have an effect here.

We laugh at you, and also feel sorry for you.
>>
>>25134215
That doesn't change the fact that what you're doing is counter-productive.
Drug use can move a person from goal orientation to experience orientation. Though fun, experience orientation gets you absolutely nowhere, it's self-serving and literally pointless.
To be an adult is to be goal oriented. To be experience oriented is childish.
Psychedelic experiences are even often described as producing a child-like sense of wonder, that's what some people love. And I'm not saying this out of my ass, either. I've experimented with psychedelics and while at first I thought it was good, I've since come to the realization that it ultimately got me nowhere and steered me further toward experience orientation and childishness.
It's natural, sure, to have an interest in acquiring experience and being amazed. The problem is, it's natural for children, not for adults. At a certain point you have to get set in your ways and accept that you've experienced enough, and then you have to move to goal orientation. Using psychedelics only keeps you in that state of childishness.
It was hard for me to accept this, because I very much enjoyed psychedelics. But it's the inescapable truth.
>>
>>25132529
Same here senpai.

LSD permanently cured me of crippling nerve pain. No shit, I had temporarily dropped out of grad school because of chronic pain, and LSD took it away. Permanently.
>>
>>25134382
What you're describing is having an addictive personality, and isn't exclusive to psychedelics.

Also to be an adult means to not be posting in the POOPOOPEEPEE board of a mongolian puppet show website, and yet here we are.
>>
>>25130870
shrooms are nice as long as you have a while to come down, do them around 6 if you want to be in bed at a somewhat reasonable hour. as long as you're not allergic or taking the wrong kind of mushrooms, it's about as harmful for you as food poisoning. the only really bad thing about shrooms is the taste. also, if you do shrooms make sure to drink a glass of orange juice to help them work better.
>>
>>25134491
What type of pain was it? Any specific diagnosed disease? Nice to hear you found a fix; I can't imagine living with chronic 24/7 physical pain.
>>
>>25134382

I deeply respect your insight and experience, you've clearly been there.

I imagine yours is a point that we're all bound for but not all destined to reach, so I admire your wisdom.
>>
>>25133793
>if he claims that his success, a multi-billion dollar company, is owed to the insight that he gained through LSD

Then what?

Sure it might have disinhibited him, e.g. to the effect of caring less about the ethical aspect of e.g. lifting of others' technologies by Apple that I have been hearing about. But would that be an 'insight'? 'I understood that I should fear nothing' is not an insight, it is -- it is mind-boggling really how ubiquitous they are -- just another tautology, 'you shouldn't let obstacles hinder your goals', so 'it is good for there be no bad'. Druggies will use all kinds of semantic gymnastic of 'b-but it has practical meaning' or 'b-but it will become meaningful when you truly embrace it in your life'. It is nonsensical, arbitrary apologetics.

And was his business ethical, really? Cf. [1] -- not as a specific argument, but as an example that his having taken 'psychedelics' might have resulted in an unethical person becoming socially influential. Fun fact, by the way: Steve Wozniak, the engineer of the two, never took them.

[1] https://stallman.org/apple.html

>>25133793
>Why must every single thing be objective?

Another of billions of cases of >>25134175. This question is as exactly meaningless as exactly it charges the term 'objective' with negative connotations.
>>
>>25134584
There really is no specific diagnosis. It was horrible pain due to past brain/spine surgeries. I'm convinced that LSD "overwrote" the pain areas in my brain.
>>
>>25134603
Just once I want to see you write a post that isn't stuffed with a dozen strawmen.
>>
>>25134646
>paraphrases are strawmen

In your overequating brain, quite possibly.
>>
>>25134675
In fact, not even paraphrases, just averages.

'Those people tend to say that--'
'S-STRAWMAN!!!'
>>
>>25134572
Drink grapefruite juice. Orange juice wont do shit
>>
>>25131296
you become aware of how pissed your body is at you for subjecting it to the garbage that you manage to shove down your dick sucking hole
>>
>>25134675
>>25134696

You're quoting things never said by people who don't exist except in your own mind, and you're arguing against those only to hear yourself talk.

That is exactly what a strawman argument is.

Get a grip.
>>
>>25133994
>Don't you believe that novel experiences are always good though and can help you achieve mental growth?

Quickly because I want to catch up with all the replies and leave (nothing exceptional; I do leave threads early from time to time).

No if they affect your choice of your future pursuits in which you locate mental growth. It is sufficiently spacious to include both reading and 'meditating', both building things like robots or computers and becoming a druggie who gossips about other people's 'narrow minds'. Free will doesn't exist and 'I could have always chosen another path in life' doesn't make it true.
>>
>>25134641
>It was horrible pain due to past brain/spine surgeries.
Ouch. At least you discovered a fix someway. It'll be mag fucking neato once brain-scanning technology advanced so we can observe the exact affects of psychedelics on the brain itself.
>>
>>25134806
>the exact affects of psychedelics

The affects are pretty trivial: you become happier whenever you see populist platitudes that 'some people are too attached to objectivity' and 'some people just don't know when to chill', and consequently upset by the opposite.

The effects, those are a bit more complex.
>>
>>25134843
>and consequently
*and correspondingly
>>
>>25131074
>pop 2 tabs
Terrible advice. Tabs with actual 250 micrograms exist.
>>
>>25134952
Yeah, and they're never sold on the street.
>>
>>25131457
>Salvia as well.
Nice to read a positive comment on Salvia.
It's a vastly underrated anti depressant in my opinion.
>>
>>25131171

z_(n+1)=z_n^2+C

Honestly...
>>
File: 1449833836906.jpg (258 KB, 1075x473) Image search: [Google]
1449833836906.jpg
258 KB, 1075x473
>>25131074
>bcuz
>bruh
>mofo
>>
>>25134382
In one of Plato's works (I'm not sure which - could be Apology) Socrates says the following (paraphrased):
>Philosophy is regarded by others, I am told, as something childish; it is natural for children to question everything, but unreasonable for an adult to. Thus, I am told: "Socrates, you are too old to be dabbling in these questions!"
Socrates' "childish" approach to the world was the very mindset that made him the great philosopher he was. If he had, as you put it, "at a certain point get set in his ways and accept that he's experienced enough", Western philosophy would be centuries behind.
>>
>>25134078
Again, you are imagining some wisdom that purportedly is in 'practically' approaching people with 'practical' challenging of their priorities (e.g. their choices to be on 4chan). This means absolutely nothing. Once one has abstracted the general existence of priorities properly, that can be thought of as 'should is relative', one has to move on to other subjects; your empty reproaches are just vain, you are just noise that asks me 'what if your priorities should be different, what if, what if', while conferring no new insight. And then again, you might imagine some other fully arbitrary 'should' whereby 'there is value in knowing when to persist in challenging others' priorities', which would be just as thoroughly worthless. Such are druggies.

>>25134366
No, I have disclaimed that many times. I post to clarify my own ideas largely.

>>25134382
I largely agree, it does make you an experience pursuer/drifter.

>>25134215
>just

>>25134546
>not all

>>25135123
>it's necessary so it's sufficient
>>
>>25135196
This damage control is glorious.
>>
>>25135207
There are many druggies who have with effort ascended from the level of insults to the level of fallacies. Do try to join their ranks.
>>
>>25135236
>f-fucking druggies
I'm guessing you're a /pol/tard?
>>
>>25135258
I am Polish, yes.
>>
>>25135278
>u-uh /pol/? oh you mean poland right heh heh
Pretty much case closed at this point. You got absolutely wrecked in this thread, better luck in the next one.
>>
>>25135315
*Jestem* Polakiem. Mowienie jednak po polsku na /r9k/, jesli nie w Internecie w ogole, jest mi juz obce, czuje sie zagubiony i nie potrafie zebrac mysli. Takze: ciekawe, czy Google Translate uzupelnilby brakujace ogonki.
>>
>>25135258
Pretty sure it's the same autist (even by r9k standards) that comes to every drug thread, just filter "druggie" and you won't have to deal with his asspain.
>>
>>25135438
No, I genuinely enjoy fueling his fire, he has no idea how baited he's getting.
>>
File: 1449075642232.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449075642232.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>le everything is subjective meme
Bring a real argument, betacuck.
>>
>>25135564
Haven't you heard? Science has LITERALLY proven that everything is, in fact, subjective. This is because, uh, uh, because definitions can change, or something. Or maybe because everything is in the mind. I forgot. Either way, it is science. You can't debate science.
>>
File: 1444507016447.png (77 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
1444507016447.png
77 KB, 194x260
>>25131140
>drinking a large amount of it in liquid form, say 100 hits from a vial or in a shot glass
>in a shot glass
>doing shots of LSD
>>
>>25134988
Most people are turned off by the "down the rabbit hole" mega-trip but the after-effects are great, everytime you come back to this reality you have a much deeper and newer appreciation for everything.
>>
>>25135681
There's that one case where a group of people mistook pure crystal LSD for cocaine and snorted it. Unfortunately they did not say how it tasted. They survived but required emergency medical attention.
>>
Tips for using LSD and any other psychedelic (they're all the same really)
-start with at least 2 tabs, but ideally 3-4
-listen to death metal
-dont drink any water. water contains chlorine which degrades the LSD in your body
-find somewhere with a lot of people to chill
-it's discrete enough to use in school or at work, you may be tripping in your head but other people can't tell
-i recommend drinking alcohol to ease your nerves
>>
>>25135740
How does your brain even recover from something like that? Isn't this how people experience things like ego death?
>>
DON'T DO SPEED.

Now that that's out of the way, I've done LSD (acid, in my case, ~450 ug) so I'll speak from experience and say that it's fun if you do it right. First off, prepare your environment. You lose a shitton of self-control when tripping on acid, so get any stupid shit like car keys or knives away from your area. Next, have someone tripsit you. If you have no friends, just find some acquaintance who's cool and they'll do. Also make sure to buy from someone who you've heard good things about (trustworthy): bad acid WILL give you a bad time. Lastly just enjoy it, try not to be paranoid or worried and it's a fun and good feeling. Honestly I'd do it more often if I had friends and money.

Oh and if by any chance you live in NOLA, go to the rusty rainbow. Trippy as shit, just don't be am idiot and jump into the river like I did. Had to have police drag my sorry ass ashore.
>>
>>25130947
For growing shrooms at home, look up "PFTek for simple minds". It's a great website.
>>
>>25135782
Wow every point you made is either shit tier advice or flat out false.
>>
>>25135799
I assume the receptors get saturated after a certain dose and the trip intensity reaches a plateau.
The really serious complications with ludicrous doses are physical as LSD is a circulatory system stimulant.
>>
>>25131156
Dxm doesn't compare to sid or shrooms.
I can tell you from personal experience with all three.
>>
>>25135936
I kinda understand the basic physiological effects and the science behind massive drug overdose, but I just can't comprehend the experience myself. I've only ever drank and smoked weed, so I'm kind of ill equipped to understand it.
>>
>>25131242
Remember this....just go with it. Don't have alot of people around your first time and have at least one babysitter that knows the p's and q's. Shrooms are seriously introspective. Acid is way more intense but can be as introspective as serious but tends to be a little more visual. I watched Natural Born Killers on Acid and had a serious A-ha moment where I understood the movie and how it applies to life
>>
>>25136030
It's difficult to explain an LSD experience but if I had to, I'd sum it up like this:
1. Brain filters are temporarily removed. You seem to experience the world raw, unfiltered, without previously learned preconceptions. This can be intensely uplifting and therapeutic.
2. Cross-talk between different areas of the brain. Free association of various senses and thoughts. For instance you might see a picture of the ocean and taste salt on your tongue.
>>
>>25135782

nice b8, compadre
>>
>>25135123
Then I have to ask the necessary question: Do we need philosophy, or is it indeed childish?
I almost hate to say it, but I think the logical continuation of my argument is that philosophy as a whole is unnecessary.
And strictly speaking, it is. Animals seem to get along just fine without it. If our only concern is survival, we don't need philosophy at all, and after the childhood period of learning how the world works, we can abandon wonder and questions altogether.

I almost hate to say we don't need philosophy, but do we? Why?
>>
Shrroms and acid ask a lot more questions than they answer, OP.

Be ready for that and have a fucking blast.

And trust me on the Vimto.
>>
>>25135731
>much deeper and newer appreciation for everything

Which is literally the thing that prevents progress and causes suffering.
>>
>>25136316
>tfw philosophy is the most important thing yet it is meaniingless

WHY GOD HAVE YOU FORESAKEN ME
>>
>>25136583
>appreciation causes suffering and stifles progress

whoops, you're not making sense there
>>
>>25136665
Again, druggies, like children and religious people, consider tendencies in isolation: 'oh, appreciation is good, so everything that causes appreciation is good as well'. This is because they desperately avoid talkingabout matter. In reality, most everything that causes appreciation causes diminishment of analysis. If I feel 'that's an awesome bridge', I don't calculate its inner forces. If I feel 'that's a beautiful face', I don't think about the distribution of fat underneath. If I feel that drugs are awesome, I don't think about their consequences. The more one feels, the less one learns which to apply to help others. Good intentions, comforting a dying person, mean nothing if you can't remember that the lifesaving medicine is present naturally in the nearby fruit. The more you appreciate, the more you help.
>>
>>25136812
>The more you appreciate, the more you help.
*The more you appreciate, the more you hurt.
>>
>>25136812
>more strawman arguments

what a surprise, as well as your nonsense asumption about how people who appreciate things also don't appreciate their inner workings and seek to learn about them for an even deeper appreciation.
>>
>>25136812
Though then, /r9k/ has been so normalized, probably barely anyone here has had any contact with a real autistic person, so they can't even imagine the detachment that makes competence possible.
>>
File: r u sure.png (280 KB, 420x357) Image search: [Google]
r u sure.png
280 KB, 420x357
>>25136812
nigga u is high AS FUCK
>>
>>25136812
>guys makes one post

>>25136835
>>25136900
>replies twice to himself to fix his typos or add more to his post

DO YOU FUCKING EVEN TAKE A SECOND TO LOOK AT WHAT YOU'RE WRITING OF COURSE YOU DON'T YOU AMAZING BASTARD
>>
>>25136898
You literally just repeated your delusion about the brain being a black box in which a neurological contradiction can happen (plus the complimentary 'strawman', for crying which again and again I could just report you per >>>/global/rules/13).

A person cannot feel attraction and repulsion at the same time. A person cannot at the same time interpret a facial expression and react to the emotion it provokes. You are equivocating, conflating two senses of appreciation: intellectual attraction (curiosity), and getting emotionally wowed, 'that's amazing, wow -- and that there thing is EVEN MORE amazing!!', which leads to no conclusions and is led to by drugs.
>>
>>25136966
I know that this is a wholly unfamiliar phenomenon to you druggies, but some people actually *think and come to new conclusions* as they post.
>>
>>25137010
People who become specialists in zoology or biology or astrophysics or cryptography or any other field do so because they have a deep appreciation for that thing, and they want to appreciate it some more and it's what drives them.

You're on a different planet.
>>
>>25137010
>A person cannot feel attraction and repulsion at the same time.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. Where are you bringing "repulsion" from?

>A person cannot at the same time interpret a facial expression and react to the emotion it provokes.

Yes. Yes they can, unless they're autistic.

>getting emotionally wowed is led to by drugs

You're stone-cold autistic aren't you?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x332
>>25137137
Again, literally what I said in 'conflating two senses of appreciation: intellectual attraction (curiosity), and getting emotionally wowed, 'that's amazing, wow -- and that there thing is EVEN MORE amazing!!''.

People become biologists insofar as the emotional reaction to 'it's so cute!' doesn't obscure the intellectual reaction of 'it's so awkward... wait... cuteness being cuteness, but there's something odd... wait, let me forget about that silly face it's making, and... the legs. it doesn't quite walk like...'

From elaboration on which eventually comes pic related and progress in veterinary medicine. It is fascination, but it is fascination on the STRUCTURE, not on the IMPRESSION. But druggies must conflate concepts just as they must insult.

>>25137279
>I literally can't comprehend the concept of a continuum
>>
>>25137329
You are completely unable to make a single post without quoting a strawman or two.

Come back when you're able to talk like the intellectual you claim to be.
>>
>>25137464
'If I strawman strawman enough strawman, then strawman strawman to strawman strawman!'
>>
>>25137464
>like the intellectual you claim to be

Also, bots, observe how the druggie has just reduced himself to abusing the definition of 'claim' should I choose to ask for a citation, 'I, uh, I meant, it's obvious that you implicitly consider yourself an intellectual! obviously! that's as good as a claim!'. That is, if he indulged such a request in the first place and didn't imply intent to change the subject.
>>
>>25131316
A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth, but nobody should be asked to handle this trip.
>>
Psychadelics are shit-tier drugs and the culture surrounding it even worse than weed. A few of them also have long-term negative effects and most chronic users believe in batshit insane cult-like bullshit about chakras or spirit energy or aliens or some other nonsense.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.