[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /nightwalk/ here? Post nightwalk experiences I guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13
File: 1450087499906.jpg (192 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450087499906.jpg
192 KB, 600x600
Who /nightwalk/ here? Post nightwalk experiences I guess
>>
>>25113562
>TFW I will never experience a nightwalk like that

Fuck South Florida
>>
>>25113562
There's a place up here that has a landmark that looks like Death Mountain at night. It's a huge standpipe with a railing at the top with lights around the railing and you can see the lights from anywhere in the city.

It's a pretty comfy place to walk to, think about shit for awhile, then walk home.
>>
>>25113729
>tfw live in a place so similar to OP's picture I thought it was my town
>tfw it's so fucking cold here you can't enjoy a nightwalk
>>
>>25113562
>hometown is all hills
>used to nightwalk all the time
>one of these hills used to be an all girls catholic school, now it's admin for the district or something
>aka no one is ever there
>would typically go up there and sit for awhile, as it had a good view of the water front
>last time i ever went up there
>some woman was around smoking by one of the doors, didn't really pay any attention to her
>mfw she called out to me
>mfw she was a hooker
>never went back

I wonder if that place got any worse. By far the most eventful nightwalk I ever had.
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 740x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 740x960
>>25113562
Nighttime is usually 2spooky for walks, I like to go at dusk, especially when it's cold out so there's no normies around

Pic unrelated
>>
>>25115447
Kill me Pete.

tfw no more nightmares jdimsa
>>
>>25113562
I've only had slightly suspicious things happen to me, but I always got to safety before they could escalate.

One such time I saw a van pass me quite slowly, and I could see the lights illuminate the road ahead of me for an uncomfortable amount of time. I didn't turn around but I listened to the revs of the engine to tell how fast he was going, which wasn't very fast at all.

I then saw him pass again, and again, and again, which eventually prompted me to just get back to my home ASAP. Luckily I was close by enough that I lost him/her/it/ayylmao by going down a few turns.

I figured it was just some neighborhood watch cuck.
>>
>>25113562
My freshman year when I lived on campus I would sometimes go out walking at like 3 or 4 am because my sleep schedule was so fucked. Nothing like walking past one of the biggest stadiums in America in the dead of night and the lights shining on the field

Now, I sometimes drive to the reservoir and sit. Really calming
>>
i live in a pretty dull town so nothing happens
>>
>>25113729
To me south Florida seems like paradise. You are a spoiled brat. I would literally kill you if I ever met you. End your life
>>
I like to nightwalk in the cemetery with my flashlight and there's this family of deer that are always there. Always in the same place. Like 7 or 8 of them. And I just look at them with my flashlight and we look at each other. And then I leave and I feel like I have communed with nature.
>>
>>25115836
Different anon, but nah man, South Florida is alright but it definitely has a certain vibe and lifestyle that someone might not be into. My sister went to the University of Miami so I visited there a lot and have family there. It was fun, and who doesn't like hot girls in bikinis, but it seemed to me like a nice place to vacation but I wouldn't want to live there.
>>
>>25113562

That doesn't look like night time.
>>
I go for nightwalks along the river at night. It's quite nice. I hate when cops start trailing me to see if I'm doing anything illegal though, fuck you normie I'm just going for a walk and you're ruining the mood
>>
I have a 24 hour gym that's a half-hour walk from my place. Less Chads around there at this time so I don't feel too bad about my flabby ass.
>>
>>25115971
I feel the same, anon. Been trying to get my fat ass in shape, but I like going at night better because the gym is pretty quiet and empty. It's actually kind of peaceful. During the day it's crowded and pretty stressful.
>>
>>25115925
It was an image I saved from a comfy nightwalk thread a week ago
>>
>>25115910
Guess I kinda flew off the handle there, sorry bros. it's just fuckin cold where I live now and I just wish I could live in a place that is always warm
>>
>>25116042
I feel ya, anon. I'm in NYC and after this weird warm spell ends it's going to be cold as shit. Last winter fucking sucked.

Honestly, though, I've always liked cold weather. I think it's cause being a fatass, I get hot too easily, and in the winter you can hide your bulk more easily under sweaters and coats. I never really liked beaches, for the opposite reason.

Maybe somewhere with weather like LA would be good, but I like NYC way more than I like LA.
>>
>night walk in Phoenix
>walking by generic cinderblock fenced neighborhood #4599609860
>some guy is pushing his girlfriend around
>she screeches something at him
>he decks her
>I giggle and keep walking

Abused women make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
>>
>>25115633
Wow would be amazing to experience that
>>
Berlin was pretty amazing to go night-walking in. I could walk for hours down strange places and not encounter any trouble, sometimes not even seeing a single other soul.

I'm in London now, a lovely quiet part of London, but even then it's taken over by chavs in the evening so it's not a good place to go walking at night.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1024x752) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1024x752
>go on nightwalk in florida
>winters coming (finally no more 80+ temperature)
>get hit with a cool breeze
>feels good man
>look up at the sky and see a lot of stars (unusual around here)
>feel instant euphoria
>>
>>25116291
Omg I feel so warm reading this, i literally hate women. I wish it was legal to put them in their fucking place
>>
>live in winnipeg
>can't go out by myself at night or else I could get scalped by natives

fucking savages
>>
>>25117441
yeah

canadians are the worst
>>
>>25113562
>onna night walk
>starts lightly raining
>tinted a nice warm yellow by street lights
>just /comfy/ in general
>walking alone through the rain in a warmly lit area at night
don't think I've ever been more comfy desu
fuck I could walk through that forever
>>
>>25117523
This is why I go on night walks.
With this music it's comfy as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsdJNSWBQLk
>>
>>25115447
Kill me, Pete.
I just want off this cruel ride.
>>
>>25113562
do you carry weapon?
>>
>1'st worlders complaining about how they don't have places to nightwalk
>>
>be last night
>live in Australia so it's summer
>hot night about 35 degrees
>Go for a walk around 1:00am
>Pretty busy out cause its Saturday night
>starts to rain
>TFW it rains after a hot day and it smells fresh af

Was a pretty basic nightwalk but the rain made it good
>>
File: 8604408085_a81dfa5d10.jpg (285 KB, 999x637) Image search: [Google]
8604408085_a81dfa5d10.jpg
285 KB, 999x637
>tfw /rural/

Town streets are absolutely empty past ~2:30 once everyone finishes getting home from bars

Downtown sometime in the 60s or 70s, it's still pretty cozy stuff in modern times.
>>
I nightwalked on LSD the other night and got pretty paranoid even though I'm in a pretty safe area.

Looking at the stars swirling around was amazing though, gonna do it again in a couple of days.
>>
>>25113562
>tfw no snow

I want snow man...
>>
>>25119992
>frying your brain on psychedelics

Real talk, give it at least three weeks to a month.
>>
>tfw theres too much crime on your campus to night walk
>>
File: 1441342078072.gif (152 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1441342078072.gif
152 KB, 500x516
>>25120040
By the other night I mean almost 3 weeks ago anyway. I'm not some degenerate normie off his head on drugs every day lad.

Thanks for the warning though.
>>
>>25119992
What were you paranoid about? People?

I'd totally recommend doing it again. There's really nothing like the night sky when you're tripping, especially where there's no light pollution.

>>25120040
>frying your brain
I've never understood this statement. How do psychedelics "fry" your brain? Pretty much all the research I've looked at seems to indicate that psychs are good or neutral-ish for your brain. Shit, I tripped HARD like twice a week all year last year, and I was able to get straight A's and not go insane while doing it.

I mean, I get that some people lose their shit from tripping, but that's some people. I can't imagine that psychs actually "fry" your brain or put small holes in it or whatever other stuff people say they do.
>>
File: 1426220904857.jpg (214 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1426220904857.jpg
214 KB, 960x960
>>25120067
You would be amazed how many people who partake in recreational drugs don't stop to consider what should be common sense. I tend to assume the worst out of habit.
>>
>>25115447
Kill me Pete. Pls~
>>
>>25113562
Some things to listen to on night walks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f7g5q

http://novaramedia.com/2015/03/nightwalking-the-city-in-discussion-with-matthew-beaumont/

http://www.historyextra.com/podcast/victorians/amazing-inventions-and-london-after-dark
>>
>>25115447
>Nighttime is usually 2spooky
Are you fucking 12?
>>
I live in Atlanta if I leave my house after dusk I'll get shot.
>>
File: 1427674471257.jpg (2 MB, 5756x1831) Image search: [Google]
1427674471257.jpg
2 MB, 5756x1831
>>25120170
Once you meet a couple people who take psychedelics on a frequent basis you'll notice they're generally fucked up on an assortment of drugs basically always. Even if they're only /psy/ always being high on them tends to leave people pretty weird since you're not meant to function like that.

As far as the brain frying nomenclature, I always thought it referenced the old PSA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FtNm9CgA6U
>>
Am i the only one too much paranoid for nightwalk?
>>
>>25115447
kill me, pete

originality is this is yep
>>
>>25120197
Yeah, it's understandable with all the stereotypes regarding drug use
>>25120170
Well it was my first time doing a psychedelic and stuff was morphing into shadows and I was just like 'fuck what If that's real and I'm getting chased?'

Pretty stupid but yeah
>>
>>25120270
where do you live my fellow anonymous poster?
>>
>>25120270
Embrace your fear.

>>25120244
I've met more than a couple people who take psychedelics on a frequent basis. That pretty much describes my whole friend group. Granted, I think my sense of what's weird and what isn't is probably pretty skewed, but who cares? A noble and functional person is a noble and functional person.

As far as what we're "meant" to do goes, there is no "meant to" because human existence isn't the product of intent and human beings are not designed. And if we are "meant" to live a certain way, I'd make the case that adopting an unnatural sleep cycle, loading yourself with stimulants, being passively bombarded with information for 7 hours a day while separated from your family, and then going home to a gilded cage to be bombarded with supernormal stimuli for 12 years is probably more damaging to the human psyche than shrooms.

>>25120300
I would actually suggest having a dark and scary trip if you feel up to it sometime. It's great to have a trip where you just embrace the darkness and become one with it. In my experience, it can really help with stuff like the fear of the dark, and I have a friend who got over having to sleep with the lights on by having a darkness trip like that.

Not that I'd suggest it for a second-time user, but it can be a positive thing to have a very dark trip. Make friends with some monsters.
>>
>>25120416
France, alot of kebab
>>
>>25120477
It leaves you weird as fuck dude. Don't take psychedelics for a few months then read your I'm using big words to demonstrate that I am enlightened and philosophical and deep psychedelic babble and realize what an asshole you sound like.
>>
>>25115447
Kill me, Pete

[original comment]
>>
File: 1415193218745.jpg (8 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
1415193218745.jpg
8 KB, 170x213
>Walking down the streets in my suburb looking at all the pretty christmas decorations on people's home

I love this time of year. Instead of walking down dull, dark streets I get to see lots of pretty lights that fill me with christmas cheer.
>>
>>25117899
Good taste bruh
I miss that game even when it got lonely
I usually listen to Burial or Lorn
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yOMBzI66LJU
>>
File: 1449956869615.jpg (33 KB, 389x720) Image search: [Google]
1449956869615.jpg
33 KB, 389x720
Anyone know any good downcast instrumental/electronic music?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=htDpnrP_-WI
>>
Can I join in as a night driver?

>standing alone on top of a mountain, looking at the distant city lights, the smell of hot tires and brakes in the air, and the slow ticking as the metal of the engine starts to cool and contract.
>>
>>25115836
Fuck off, South Florida is shit and you don't know what you're talking about. It's a humid, overpopulated cesspool with horrible people, no jobs, and retardedly expensive real estate.
>>
>>25120566
I'm not using big words. This isn't meant to be an insult, but I can't imagine a native English speaker who's literate enough to read a newspaper thinking that any of the words I used are "big."

And I'm not trying to demonstrate that I'm enlightened or deep. I'm trying to make the case that if human beings are meant, by nature, to live a certain way, and if not living that way is psychologically damaging, then the average person's upbringing is probably more damaging than even frequent psychedelic use, and the average person's concept of normality is already skewed compared to what's actually, naturally normal.

I apologize if I come across as condescending or as though I'm posturing, but this is honestly pretty much the textual equivalent of how I speak conversationally, and it confuses me when people think that I'm trying to act smart by using "big words." This isn't the first time or the only context in which I've been accused of that, though, so if you honestly want to help me out, I'd appreciate it if you could just tell me what it is about the way I speak that comes across as pedantic. I'm genuinely confused every time this happens.

And I haven't taken psychedelics in a few months. Place has been pretty dry lately. Hoping to change that big-time in January.

>>25120747
>the slow ticking as the metal of the engine starts to cool and contract
I swear nobody appreciates that.
>>
File: 1375943100727.gif (267 KB, 219x300) Image search: [Google]
1375943100727.gif
267 KB, 219x300
>used to night walk in Dallas a lot back then
>always had a joint on me and my headphones
>smoked, walked, and listened to these two songs on repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvCzksn2gQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JcbUdbycyo

Man I should really do that again sometime, it was just perfect.
>>
My area is getting more dangerous everyday and it's the middle of December. Fuck that
>>
>>25120804
I can just smell the autism in you
>>
>>25121003
Well, I'm literally autistic, so no surprise there.
>>
>>25120631
This comment made me feel really comfy, thanks anon
>>
>>25116650

I wish I could see the stars. There's not that many pure places here around Barcelona where I'd be able to just look up and see the stars.

It's a pretty scary thing. To be denied seeing the cosmos
>>
>graced by heavenly pete
Kill me, Pete
>>
>>25113562
I few days ago I was wandering aimlessly through some lowkey parts of the city and I came across this little playground that I had no idea existed. It's cool what you can find if you just look for it.
>>
>cant sleep, decide to go for a walk
>its 2am
>5 minutes out my house police stop me
>start asking quesyions, dont believe in going for a walk
>take me to station
>after a few hours let me go
>they thought I was a rapist
Fuck not doing that again
>>
>tfw can't night walk because you live in a crime-infested rat hole
>>
Hell yes. As soon as it snows im smoking a joint and going for a walk.
>>
Hey robots, i saw that most of you listen to electro music, i kinda like that too, but that song is de finitely cool. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
> https://youtu.be/6bfTTeZOrs4
>>
>>25121400
Geez man sorry to hear that. Where is this? I never see police patrolling around here
>>
>>25115836
Fuck off. I've lived here my whole life and the weather is fucking terrible for my skin and I never get any snow. I've only seen snow like three times in my life and now I'm at the age where if I moved i would be too creepy for me to have a snowball fight or do snowangels like a normal kid should have experienced.
>>
I live in Oregon and used to walk around the neighborhoods around here and explore forests and take long walks into the hills with a buddy. but we grew apart and I got a car and I havent walked or explored new areas or even sat on the swings at 4am to look at the stars.

But I moved here from south florida and it's such a drastic change. Go out of state floridabots, go out and experience snow and seasons, I didnt until I was 16 and im 25 now and whenever it snows im the most excited about it since I didn't grow up with it. Everyone that grew up with snow takes it for granted or doesn't like it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Just walked around Chicago a while. Got an international flight in a few hours
>>
>>25122931
Yeah my dad hated snow and made sure I only got to experience it In the few times we actually went out of state during the winter.
>TFW too old for a snowball fight and I've never had one.
It's like having part of your childhood cut off. They should make a tourist attraction for Floridians where it's not weird to have snowball fights, make snowangels, and generally just act like happy little kids in the snow. They would get my money.
>>
>>25113562

I took a stroll the other day. It was dark...
>>
>>25123029

I still make snow angels and snowmen and just act like a huge kid in the snow. Last time it snowed I walked several miles around town, took a tray from a McDonald's and slid down hills on it. It doesn't matter if you look like an idiot to someone else if you're having fun.

Also the people who grew up with snow don't know anything about the warm florida beaches. The coast up here is beautiful but you can never go in the water without freezing to death.
>>
File: nightwlk.png (31 KB, 1275x208) Image search: [Google]
nightwlk.png
31 KB, 1275x208
I'm back at home for winter break for about a month, so now I can actually night walk again without bringing a weapon with me
There's a path that loops around the local library around my elementary school I went to,
there area couple of benches out there now
It's perfect, sometimes I wander over to the soccer field and lay in the middle, gazing at the stars,
and I like to get nostalgic about things.
I do miss walking by the lake, but no light pollution definitely makes it worth it
>>
I used to this all the time in college in the city

>drink/smoke/trip
>sober up mostly
>walk around between 1 and 3 am in the nicer parts of the city
>walked in dead silent neighborhood with old 2 million dollar homes
>freshman kid did this with me once
>he got too sketched out to do it again
>never had an issue with the cops or redguards

I want to move back to the city so I can nightwalk. Tried doing it here and got stopped by a cop 20 feet away from my house.
>>
>get depressed as fuck
>tell my sister I'm off my meds
>go for a night walk, want to smoke
>stroll around some safe cul de sacs that I don't really know
>take about 20 minutes
>come back to the front door open and my sister bawling
>brother went out looking for me
>Everyone is visibly shaken, angry or upset
>go to bed
>dont know how the fuck to deal with it
>>
>>25123176
That is one beautiful image anon. Fucking saved
>>
>>25123221
They thought you went off to kill yourself should of explained it better
>>
>>25115447
Kill me, Pete.
[ o r i g i n a l ]
>>
Wish I lived in the city instead of an upper middle class white suburban neighborhood. It just feels weird walking around at night here because people just don't do that . I usually day walk on local parks and wilderness trails ,but they are closed before evening. Maybe I could get a puppy
>>
>>25115447
Kill me, Pete
los originalos commentos
>>
File: jumpsuit jack.png (190 KB, 261x322) Image search: [Google]
jumpsuit jack.png
190 KB, 261x322
>1AM, naturally it's dark
>strolling around, doing my best to enjoy the most forested parts of this ugly little chickentown
>there's a crossroad ( for walking only ) with some girl sitting on a bench with her hood on, browsing her phone
>gets startled when she realizes that someone, that being me, is present and almost starts running away

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to never feel safe alone.
>>
>>25115836
Fuck off retard. Florida is without a doubt the worst place to live in the entire country unless you SEROOUSLY like beaches.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.