[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have parents that make them pay rent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10
File: 1450057565518.png (172 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450057565518.png
172 KB, 500x500
I have to pay them $250 a month and it goes up if I'm not working, what about you guys, do you pay your parents for rent?
>>
i have to pay for part of the morgage whether i live there or not. fucking sucks. morgage is a neet trap
>>
I pay $100 a week, which amounts to almost half of the rent.
>>
>>25077604
where do you live that your family pays $200 in rent?
>>
>>25077593
why the fuck are they making you pay for mortgage if you don't live there? Also if you don't live with them then they can't force you to pay it by threatening to kick you out.
>>
>>25077667
I mean monthly that's half the rent, we pay $1000 a month. I should've clarified, kek
>>
I pay 400 out of the 900 i make a month at my wageslave job gonna try to get a better job and move out but scared to do it alone.
>>
>>25077688
shit sorry i didnt notice you said weekly. $1k is still cheap for rent though for a family
>>
>>25077667
that's $800 a month which is still really fucking low unless his family lives in a one room crackhouse shared by 20 people out in the boonies.
>>
>>25077561

I pay 75GBP a month towards my parent's rent. Their rent is like 130GBP a week though, so I'm only paying a tiny fraction of it.
>>
200 rent to parents
180 car payment
140 car insurance
52 phone bill
= 572
getting a pay2go phone instead of this tmobile BS I don't even use data to go on normie media sites.
>>
$250 a month? Lmao try $600 a month
>>
Your parents are literal kikes get the fuck out of there Shekelberg Jr.
>>
>>25077710
>>25077712
We live in the south in a nice white college town, 3 bedroom 2 bath house, pretty modern. The income here is lower, but price of living is much lower.
>>
>>25077714
where do you live that your parents only pay $775 usd a month in rent? I live in a neighborhood near outside of seattle and there isn't anything under $1000 a month except for renting a couch.
>>
>>25077740
Damn I should move to the south, warm weather, less libtards, lower cost of living
>>
No. I am 30.
>>
>>25077786
It's nice. Where are you from? You might get a few belligerent meth heads harassing you over your accent (or lack thereof).
>>
currently paying $100 every two weeks. was $125, but went down due to needing money for transportation
>>
For some parents, they can't afford expenses and need help, why shouldn't the children help out for a few months/years in their late teens if they are able? My dad couldn't get a f/t job for a few years during the recession, only p/t, and i helped out by working so we could keep the house, my mom was working too.

I mean it's your family that raised/housed/fed you.
>>
File: nqlyaa.png (74 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
nqlyaa.png
74 KB, 300x256
>>25077561
>$250 a month and it goes up if I'm not working

How does that make any sense?
>>
>>25077770

London, but I live in council housing provided by the state.

Renting prices in the private sector are much, much higher, of course.
>>
>>25077826
I'm from washington, where do you think is the best city for a fellow robot to live in down south?
>>
>>25077561
If you're 18 and still living with your parents and not in school, of course you should be expected to help pay the rent. Your parents would be bad parents if they just let you slide and become a neet.
>>
>>25077872
what's it like living in london?
>>
>>25077892
I never said that I shouldn't expect that or that being a neet is ok.
>>
>>25077886
Your best bet is to find a college town, there's more jobs, more stuff to do and people to meet, but still retains the lower costs.

There's a few big college towns in Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona and Texas that would be worth checking out. I've lived in Fayetteville Arkansas and it was nice. Not chock full of rednecks but not too "progressive" either.
>>
>>25077909
I thought you were complaining. Never mind.
>>
>>25077896

It's alright. I live right in the centre and on the ground floor, so there's always noise and traffic outside, which sometimes keeps me awake at night. Aside from housing and restaurants, things aren't really that expensive here, since there are tons of budget shops. I used to think London was a dirty city until I visited Paris. Great transportation network (didn't realies how much I took it for advantage until I went to stay with my brother in a small town for a week). Too many crowds all the time.

I used to hate living here and want to live in the countryside, but I'm not sure that would make me happy anymore.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (152 KB, 1000x995) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
152 KB, 1000x995
Threads like these make me glad I live in a Eastern European shithole where everything is dirt cheap and I won't be forced to give the ZOG millions of dollars just so I can get by.
>>
The only reason I'm staying with my parents is because I don't pay rent

If they started charging me I might as well move out
>>
only when I turned into a drunk yelling at people on cs go waking them up at 5 am then having no recollection. all this while stealing their booze. YEs, they started charging me rent.
>>
>>25077561
I pay my costs, 400 GREAT BRITBONG POINTS / month. ($600?)

That's not really rent though, it's just a split of food, heating, taxes, etc costs plus maybe a little extra.
>>
File: 1445523656281.jpg (25 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1445523656281.jpg
25 KB, 320x320
>>25077892
>you're parents would be bad parents if they looked after you
>>
>>25077970
>right in the centre

Really? So Covent Garden, Holborn?
>>
File: K3iYBUM_3lY.jpg (72 KB, 604x519) Image search: [Google]
K3iYBUM_3lY.jpg
72 KB, 604x519
100 quid a week, so 400 a month
I make 175 a week at most at my part timer
>>
>>25078268
A big part of looking out for a child is to help them become a responsible adult that can become independent.

Would you want a adult kid mooching off you, playing vidya all day, getting high, and literally doing nothing with their life and also expect you to indefinitely support them?
>>
>>25078351
>Would you want a adult kid mooching off you, playing vidya all day, getting high, and literally doing nothing with their life and also expect you to indefinitely support them?
I wouldn't give birth to a child if I wasn't willing to care for it, if you're so selfish to bring life into the world, you better make it comfortable for them
>>
>>25077561
350 pounds a month, but it's still a lot cheaper than moving out desu
>>
File: 31253545765876.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
31253545765876.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>Mfw my mom and stepdad demand my 300 dadbux, but also keep my ~200 eurosocialbux
>mfw mom doesn't want me to move out
>mfw I won't give them my dadbux anymore
>>
>>25078373
Key point here is child, not grown man. As a parent you have to take care of your children not grown men that act like children. Your argument is fourth grade level.
>>
>>25078438
why does it matter how old they are? If you create life, you should be responsible enough to care about it. Demanding tithe to try and get your son/daughter to move out because you're too lazy to care for them is wrong
>>
>>25077561
well, if you don't wanna pay, you can get the fuck out of my property and go find a shithole infested with hobos for 250.
>>
>>25078459
Children need taking care of. Adults take care of themselves. Why should they care for you if you're to lazy/incompetent to take care of themselves. You're not a pet.
>>
>>25078488
if they don't want responsibility for caring for a human being, they shouldn't give birth to one
>>
>it goes up if I'm not working

That's some brilliant logic
>>
>>25078373
Most people have kids for reasons that are not calculated or well thought out. Its because of societal expectations, fear of being alone later in life, accidental pregnancies, fear of losing a partner who wants a kid, etc.

It's unreasonable to expect your parents to look after you as an adult. Do you expect them to keep looking after you if you had kids? And maybe keep looking after you and your kids when your own had kids?

If you don't understand this, you are just mooching off your parents like some able-bodied welfare bum leeches off the govt. They are used to not having to work and take risks, and become resentful if those free resources are ever threatened.
>>
>>25078502
They made a child. Who then grew up. Where is your responsibility in any of this. Your argument is that of a child who doesn't want to clean his room.
>>
>>25078546
>mooching off your parents like some able-bodied welfare bum leeches off the govt
people are entitled to free money from the government, the government is there to support it's people
>>
>>25078502
The societal expectation is that parents DO take care of their kids until they are adults, then they are expected to take care of themselves.

Everyone knows this. If you dont agree, maybe you should sue your parents for giving birth to you and not fully supporting you as an adult.
>>
>>25078589
>muh society
society is wrong on a lot of things, this one included
>>
>>25078541
It's an incentive not to be a lazy cunt. It's like being fined for violating rules or doing a behaviour that is not socially acceptable.It basically tells you 'You need to be working and not a lazy fucking bum.'
>>
File: 1427758076300.gif (535 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1427758076300.gif
535 KB, 640x636
>mom starts talking about me getting a job and helping out, saying I'm 25 and done nothing for nearly 10 years
>start screaming and threatening to kill myself and her if she does while hitting myself with a wooden board.
>she backs down and buys me a video game as a peace offering

I rule this house.
>>
>>25078612
If society is wrong on this one, what happens when the whole next generation decides never to care for themselves. The parents die off. The children die off. Oh well no more society.
>>
>>25078620
That would be fine if laziness was the only factor in getting a job. But it's not, is it?
>>
>>25078654
>Oh well no more society
and?
>>
File: 1407743108824s.jpg (5 KB, 170x250) Image search: [Google]
1407743108824s.jpg
5 KB, 170x250
>>25077561
No, I even get $250 pocketmoney and I'm 24 + food, gas, phone bill all paid by mommy
>>
>>25078672
>and?
That means society isn't the problem, you are. If the way you want to live is right, it would be self sustaining. If you want out so bad just end it, and stop being a leech on the society you hate.
>>
>>25078744
people don't exist to keep society afloat
>>
Full blown normie/Chad here, this is my situation:
>live in bachelor apartment
>$795 monthly rent
>work 2 jobs (inb4 wagecuck)
>clear about $2,250 per month, so it ain't so bad
>parents live halfway across the country
>miss me
>say if I ever need to, I can move back in rent free
>mfw I prefer busting my ass and having my own place
>>
>>25078755
There is no society without people. You can cash out if you want, but you can't expect everyone to be held to your way of thinking. So if you "didn't ask to be born" you have the choice and the power to right that wrong.
>>
>>25078803
when did I say I didn't want to be born? I like living, just don't see the point in slaving away when I have no responsibility to
>>
I pay my mom rent, I live in a fully furnished duplex thats attached to her house. I pay rent utilities, some of her utilities. its still cheaper than some fucking apartment complex that raises your price every year and I dont have to deal with niggers, completely private residence. my friends give me shit like aw you still live with mommy, never gonna bring a grill home; but in the end I am saving more money, nor do I really have any desire to bring sluts home. feels good family.
>>
>>25078827
So you like having all the benefits, but none of the responsibility. But your parents are supposed to be responsible for you for life. Imagine if they said fuck responsibility also, how fucked would you be.
>>
>>25078877
I don't hold any responsibility towards society or looking after myself
>>
>>25078855
>nor do I really have any desire to bring sluts home.

Just got a new place 3 days ago, and have no Desire to seek out girls or anything. I have so much Money and time to myself now.
I just buy shit, when i want, without thinking!

Life is great at times!
>>
>>25078612
>>25078561
If you burden a child with existence, it's simply your responsibility to take care of it for its entire life. Don't have a child if you don't want to take care of it.
>>
I rent a house from my parents for 1200 a month, which is a little under the normal rent for the area.
>>
>>25078801
fuck off normie scum gtfo out of our board
>>
>>25078912
Why don't you have any responsibility to look after yourself? Your parents gave birth to a child, who then grew into an adult. I parent is supposed to be responsible for their child. Adults are supposed to be responsible for themselves. If it's so easy for you to give up your responsibility, why can't they and leave you crying on the curb.
>>
>>25078048
Hm that's funny, I just bought a Soviet Union flag to hang on my wall. You know, as a joke. Sort of like a trophy of a pathetic former enemy
>>
>>25078926
People have children, and are responsible for raising them into adulthood. No where in nature does a parent take care of their offspring for life. Why are you so special?
>>
>>25079049
>Adults are supposed to be responsible for themselves
?
>>
>>25079117
if you can't understand this, you need to kill yourself.
>>
>>25078546
>Most people have kids for reasons that are not calculated or well thought out. Its because of societal expectations, fear of being alone later in life, accidental pregnancies, fear of losing a partner who wants a kid, etc.

That's their own fault. Society desperately needs to kill the belief that everyone should have kids.

The reality is for this generation, and likely many in the future, if you're not setting your kid up with a job or at least building good connections for him/her, your kid will likely have an awful life pointlessly wageslaving until it's mercifully dead.
>>
>>25077868

encourages you to keep a job and not try to leech?
>>
>>25078661

pretty much is. the only time i havent been working in my adult life is because i didn't want to work. theres always a job to be done.
>>
>>25079271
Not just laziness, cause ego plays a part. I see it all the time. I'm a contractor and I'll try to hire someone for a shit job, and say up front the job ain't hard but it's shit. A lot of people think they're just to good for shit jobs, but I promote from within. The guys that does great snaking a toilet, gets the cushy job well paying job when it comes up.
>>
The day my parents try to make me pay rent is the day the moving out gears start turning.

I already have 3 viable roomates.
>>
>>25078373
>he expects to be coddled his entire life

Get a job you lazy piece of shit
>>
>>25078801
>Prefer busting my ass

This. There is no better feeling than a sense of accomplishment. NEETs think they have that feeling after they do something big for them like actually using the toilet to piss.
>>
>>25078916
I do the same thing anon, but living in the duplex saves me about 3 times what the local rent is worth; my mother has no control over my financial purchases as long as she's getting her rent money from me, leaves me alone 98% of the time I am at "home" all of my normalfag friends paying anywhere close to $1200 for a single bedroom or having shit ass roommates thats stiff them on utility bills just for muh city life, muh independence. so over rated
>>
wow so noble. I'm pretty sure if some 10/10 came up to you and asked to fuck without a confirm, you would do it in a heartbeat without even thinking about the possibility of having a kid.
>>
>>25079617

I work 6-9 hours a day at minimum wage. After taxes rape my paycheck I'm effectively making less than.

I feel robbed more than accomplished.
>>
>>25079640
Condom, not confirm
>>
>>25079641
Then why would you expect someone else to go through that to support YOU?
>>
>>25079710

I don't want to pull the whole teen angst I didn't choose to be born speech.

But people should only have kids if they're absolutely stable. Either way if I was making decent bank like $11 an hour at that rate or something, I'd be perfectly content. My mom makes 14/hour and my dad 17. They're fine.
>>
>>25077561

>parents tried to make me pay rent
>told them no and fuck off and locked the door

they gave up after a few days.
>>
>>25077892

What is with ameriburgers and their obsession with age 18? I always hear stories about people getting thrown out of the house as soon as they turned 18, and apparently you're supposed to decide your life's work at that age somehow?
>>
>>25079740
Okay, what happens if you have a kid and lose that job?
>>
>>25079803

Do "what if"s really fit into a debate?
>>
>>25079802
No, but you should at least try to start acting like an adult around then
>>
>>25078438

>18
>grown man

nope.png
>>
>>25078801
I feel you bro
>$600 rent
>old ass place so shit breaks all the time and I gotta pay it
>shitty car that always breaks down
>money is constantly drained
>work one job contemplating getting a second
>hardly have money for food some months will go maybe a week to two weeks without eating a proper meal
>parents are afraid for my well being
>tell me to move back to get on my feet
>always declined because would rather starve to death than live with them again
>>
>>25079837
Do you not have hair on your nuts at 18?
Kids were working the fields at 13, 3 generations ago. No one expects you to be fully self sufficient, but at least trying or contributing in some form. Would you like getting ass wuppins, or punished at 18. Bet you'd scream how much of a man you are then.
>>
>>25080117

Did you grow up in the fucking 30s? Who gives a fuck what people were doing 3 generations ago, 500 years ago it was ok to fuck your sister and witches were abundant. 1000 years ago you could eat people. Just because retards did things a certain way at one point doesn't make them ok.
>>
it's understandable if your parents make you pay rent and you end up getting the money back when you move out or through an inheritance. but, if they just spend the money that you pay them your parents are jews
>>
>>25080179
>it's this current year
The post.

Has your biology evolved so much, that it takes longer to grow into a grown man than it did your parents. Are you a special snowflake generation, where you need to be babied well into adulthood. Gtfoh with that shit. Your body is at its physical peak at 18, use it.
>>
>>25080370
Completely agree with you. That guy, and others like him, cannot seriously call themselves men. Boys at best.
I can smell his estrogen from here.
>>
>>25080370

>hurrr do u need to be babied haha man up fag

I live on my own, shit monger. But you can't deny that it's retarded to expect an 18 year old to magically become self sufficient when they just stopped having to ask to use the bathroom in school.
>>
File: 176.gif (89 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
176.gif
89 KB, 300x100
>alcoholic parents borrow money from me every month because they are always broke week before they get paid
>they start demanding me to pay 300 euros rent
>move out after year or so
>they have to sell their house because they cant adjust to the 300 euro drop in their income
>let the banner express my feels
>>
>>25080424
Never said that. Even said the opposite. Getting your shit together, and thinking your parent owe you a comfy life forever are two completely different things.
>>
>>25080424
We're talking about your home. Do you ask your parents if you can use the bathroom? Or are you grown up enough not to have to.

Every person develops at a diff rate based on all sorts of factors. Biologically you are an adult before 18, and it is a reasonable age to start thinking about becoming independent from your parents. This may mean gradually assuming more responsibilities from them over time, but you need to be able to support yourself as the goal.
>>
>>25077561
When I lived at home I'd pay 400/mo, get groceries, supplies for the house, my own bills, and whatever may have been needed throughout the week, only good thing that came out of this was it prepared me to live on my own, expect bills and whatnot, know the value of a dollar and all that jazz.
>>
>>25077561
>it goes up if you're not working
what kinda jew shit is this? youre not pic related.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.