[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BEEing urself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1450097065002.png (179 KB, 307x364) Image search: [Google]
1450097065002.png
179 KB, 307x364
Why are you robots so butthurt if someone says "be yourself"? It's a perfectly good and meaningful advice. You probably just don't understand it.

If you ever feel shame it's because you are not being yourself, but trying to be someone else and failing.

If you feel ever anxiety you are not being yourself, even though you might be trying, yet your feelings of shame are holding you back.

If you strive toward some ideal you are not being yourself. Any kind of desire to change who you are is a sign of shame.

The essence of truly being yourself is to be absolutely shameless. Even if everyone else is judging you (and they are) you must never let that influence you. The only reason you should ever please other people is if you want to act in selfless love towards them.
>>
Being yourself means not pretending to be something you're not to get something (a GF).
>>
Don't try to reason with robots. They want to be unhappy, even if they don't realize it. They refuse all positive thinking on the basis that it's irrational, even though what they're choosing to put themselves through is what's irrational. These are people who think they're too ugly to go outside and be around people. As if they're so ugly that you'd see them on public and recoil.

They're narcissists who hate themselves, people feel that what they think is always right, while at the same time hating their own brain. There is no reasoning with the robot. The robot is an enigma. The robot is a faggot.
>>
>>25080122
Because "Be Yourself" is a bullshit propaganda phrase that doesn't mean anything. It has no real value and/or meaning. You can interpret in so many god damn way it is ridiculous.
>>
Chads and (real) autistic people are happy because both of them lack any self-awareness. Confidence is literally just doing what you want to do. Be it banging girls or arranging your Pony collection.
>>
>>25080374
>You can interpret in so many god damn way it is ridiculous.
Such as? Most people here seem to think it means they should get laid by doing what they're doing now (which is self-evidently false) and then retorting that "being yourself" actually means "being a normie". Both of these ideas are false.

Considering that the goal of robots here is to get laid, "being yourself" could be said to mean "talk to other people, don't care about what they might think of you" [the secret here being that being socially self-centered = confident in other people's eyes]. This would, of course, be rather unrealistic if you have no contact to other people at all. While the "be yourself" might be the ultimate goal of everything, one should strive towards smaller goals (like talking to girls without caring about being "creepy" or whatever).

(fucking robot stop muting me for correcting typos)
>>
>>25080374
>You can interpret in so many god damn way it is ridiculous

no you cant

> strive toward some ideal you are not being yourself

Why not ? isnt it good to work on yourself?

Id say to the part about not giving a fuck about what people think, it doesnt matter what everyone thinks, it matters what the people you value think about you ie friends, family
>>
>>25081838
feel good. Do it right now. Why aren't you doing it? what's holding you back. Feel GOOD!
>>
>>25081934

Im feeling good desu

inb4 normie
>>
>>25080122

>plat i tude

>noun

>a remark or statement, especially one with a >moral content, that has been used too often to >be interesting or thoughtful.

"Be yourself" is ambiguous rhetorical nonsense with no real-world application

Furthermore, it implies that "personality" can compensate for physical flaws

If "being yourself" could solve anyone's problems, there would be no manlets, nonwhites, or ugly people on this board complaining about their physical characteristics making them

1) critically undesirable to women

2) an object of hatred, even to the people on this board for other social rejects

Most robots already ARE "being themselves". The problem is that people hate them for being who they are
>>
>>25081838
>Why not ? isnt it good to work on yourself?
"Working on yourself" usually means "just go to the gym lol". It's 100% about conforming to some normie standard and not being what you really are. I know most people go to gym because they are insecure about their outer appearance, but it's not the reason you should lift (and I don't mean some "i'm just doing it for my health and not for girls h-haha" excuse).
>>
File: received_943386789064133.jpg (26 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
received_943386789064133.jpg
26 KB, 960x480
>>25081976
That's my life in a nutshell, bump
>>
>>25081976
My sister has dated (nearly exclusively) disgusting fat slobs, so I know looks can't be the reason you people are virgins. Robots are not being themselves, otherwise they wouldn't be unhappy with their situation. All kinds of hideous individuals have friends and SOs, so it's really just the matter of connecting the dots. Go outside and meet other people. Don't project a false persona or stay silent because you are afraid of making a fool of yourself. You might need therapy or drugs to achieve this, but it's really this simple.
>>
File: yPo9ht6cnm8.jpg (144 KB, 699x1024) Image search: [Google]
yPo9ht6cnm8.jpg
144 KB, 699x1024
People here do misunderstand "being yourself", but so do the 'normies'.

People expect a natural character which brings confidence through its fluidity.

Normies don't realize that the faults the robots have are a part of themselves as well.

Telling a shy and or anxious person to be themselves is moronic for they are being themselves, it's why they're acting awkward, don't socialize and know their place in societies totem pole.

There also the other meaning of 'be yourself' where the person is trying to say don't let the fears, anxiety and asocial aspects hold you back, that there is a character behind it all and you shouldn't hide it through your insecure nature. This is also moronic to a large extent for these people have these issues for reasons, for social reasons, they were made outcasts by the people around them.

There's no winning in being yourself and it's shitty advice, but I do agree with simply not giving two fucks about what people think for their view holds no value on you.
>>
>>25082085
>"Working on yourself" usually means "just go to the gym lol"

No i dont mean liifting, some people actually try to work on their personality, not to be better than anyone else, but to be better then my past self.

And no i dont mean to change yourself to blend in with everyone else and become "normie"
I like to stand out and thats what people like about my because i do it confidently

I work out like 1 time a week, but im not really /fit/
>>
>>25082276

/thread

double digit IQ normans BTFO
>>
because i cant make holocaust jokes, or laugh about fat people, or call everyone a nigger around here without actually offending everyone and losing my credibility.
yeah uni sucks bunch of cocksucking faggots, whished i was dumb as shit so i could enjoy being a construction worker to come home and beat my wife after work while watching tv and drinking beer
>>
>>25082296
>muh credibility
pinnacle of cuckoldry. What's the point of wanting to offend people if you are not even ready to own it?
>>
>>25080122

It's poor advice and a stereotypical go-to when someone has nothing better to say
>>
>>25082377
because supervisors and need a group to work in... then again fuck it why not maybe ill just start being a total fuckwit to everyone, not that im already alone, better go out with a bang. thank you based anon now go suck a dick faggot
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.