[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asperger's Syndrome Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 38
File: littlewillyridesintobattle.jpg (756 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
littlewillyridesintobattle.jpg
756 KB, 1920x1080
Alright, Its that time again.
Aspergers Thread

>Be childhood, have absolutely no friends or anybody to talk to
>Just sit in my room and play video games or read books about world war 2
>know more about ww1 facts and trivia about bionicles than ever anything about talking to anybody
>have to just sit through school, listening to people having friendships that you'll never have
>be present day, still cant even order a sandwich without having to recite the lines in your head constantly, forcibly look away from cashier because your mind forces you to
>stumble over your words and barely form anything more than a squeak of "thanks"
>literally nobody else ever cared about anything I've ever done
>never connected to anybody on any level
>I relate more with obscure battles and facts than my own family
>genuinely lack the empathy to be urged to care if anything tragic EVER happens
>feel as if you are an alien placed in a strange place and only work through the motions of acting
>now constantly obsess over obscure places and maps of the world, and irrelevant wars and facts
>literally ever since I was born into this hellhole country I have just been a walking encyclopedia and nothing more
The worst part of it all is that when I was in school, everybody thought that I was some kind of genius because I could point to some shit like Bulgaria on a map and not look like a retard. Some people actually believed that I would amount to ANYTHING
I dont even want a relationship, I never have. I just want to be lft alone, and do my own little autistic projects in my own little autistic world.

Anybody else able to relate? or has this place just been turned into a house of waifu shitposting and garbage?
>>
I know that feel, my brother in autism. if I had lots of money, I'd buy a bunch of old rail cars and some land, turn them into houses, and invite my fellow autists to stay there. we'd spend all day doing various autistic projects, and fund them by maybe turning some into businesses or online currency trading or something. build a normie free society
>>
>>24968401

I was like that for 80% of my life, except I read books on astronomy/space in general. I loved sci fi and aliens and its what I wanted to talk about (and yes, I 1st arrived to /x/ before any other boards)

Things did change for me because I love jokes, I understood humor to an extent and I became likable as the guy who says the occasionally funny thing. I then turned my focus onto movie making and I went to community college and I only made one friend, who was also an autist but a health freak and metalhead. He loved sci fi too and played the likes of Mass Effect, so he became the only.person I considered good company. As for filmmaking, I've done some crap but I want to make a space opera film with the feel of an Evil Dead movie.

I still have serious trouble speaking on the phone and I never look people in the eye. Still a virgin.
>>
>>24968401
i have aspegs + adhd
but not as severe as yours

recently discovered those facts self awarenes is like terrible terrible hangover
>>
>>24968401
When I was 5 years old I was fascinated by types of car, I could name every make and model on the road at a glance, my parents and grandparents thought it was amazing.
Now I'm 24, still can't drive. Parents hate me. Aspergers for you.
>>
File: Vampire-Squid.jpg (45 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
Vampire-Squid.jpg
45 KB, 439x290
>>24968575
same here with the astronomy, even thought I obsess over world wars and shit, i have also been doing stuff related to deep space and the deep ocean. I may just be projecting, but its almost therapeutic to sit back in bed in the middle of the night and lose myself in thought about the unknown. Deep space and the Deep sea are some of the most interesting things to learn about because it opens so many possibilities for discovery. When I was young, we would have library class, which we basically just sat in the library. Everybody else would talk and dick around, but i would sit patiently and read outdated books about the different interpretations of aliens in cinema(1920's era robot alien suits and shit) and read books about the strange lifeforms that exist in the deep sea. My favorite fish was the vampire squid, it is just too bad ass to go unrecoginzed
>>
Aspie here too. I used to be able to memorize every single flag for every single country when I was 3. I can't anymore but I can tell apart obscure animals now.
>>
File: Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png (21 KB, 1280x753) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png
21 KB, 1280x753
>>24968776
my favorite flag that only autistic map nerds would know is cape verde. It looks like the flag to some kind of intergalactic federation or something
>>
>>24968749

Yeah, a big part of the appeal is how endless it seems, that no matter what we do in life, our reality will never be fully uncovered. I wish I studied it more and focus on becoming an astronomer. It would have felt very fulfilling.
>>
>>24968401
I can't relate to that level of social anxiety. But I'd be your friend bro
>>
File: copernacus.jpg (84 KB, 799x577) Image search: [Google]
copernacus.jpg
84 KB, 799x577
Sorry for blog posting but this is too fucking sad not to write.
>be me 23
>be a neet and be a parasite off of my sister who I live with
>do nothing but be a depressed wreck toying around with raspberry pi's and otherwise being useless
>my sister brings home groceries and stuff every week and I help he unpack, I might as well do something
>be fucking insults me constantly about how I am an autistic pile of shit, how I wear the same clothes everyday (i wash them don't worry) and about how I never amounted to anything but sadsack
>I finish helping her and just sit outside on the sidewalk, completely destroyed
>she gives me a week to move out and do something with myself
>I feel like a savant being kicked out of his posh observatory and being forced to fight among the wolves now

fucking save me guys
>inb4 "hur hur fuck your sister" shes not hot in the slightest
>>
>>24968976
it doesn't matter, just get drunk and rape her anyways
>>
File: 1350237229584.jpg (171 KB, 991x766) Image search: [Google]
1350237229584.jpg
171 KB, 991x766
>>24968401
Played video games, terrible bullied though out school, know everything about World War 2 basically for the same reasons as OP. Have a few "friends", been in 3 relationships they all left me for the same reason "they didn't see it going anywhere", without weed I can barely speak, still can barely enter a store to buy anything, only cigarettes because my body makes me buy them because addicted.
>>
>>24969092
>didn't see it going anywhere
I know this feel all to well.
>tfw you have never truly connected with anyone
>>
File: shodan.jpg (46 KB, 385x414) Image search: [Google]
shodan.jpg
46 KB, 385x414
>>24969092
I cant wait for some kind of virtual reality I can upload my brain into and live in my own world. My mortal body would become useless and rot while my mind lives on in the infinite storm of electrons. I just want some sort of escape. Being an AI would be phenominal
>>
File: 1385735850151.jpg (453 KB, 1171x800) Image search: [Google]
1385735850151.jpg
453 KB, 1171x800
Not Aspie, not Autistic, sometimes I get a little depressed I guess, not actual diagnosed depression but I just get down on myself.

You just have to realize sometimes that you'll most likely never find anyone in your life that actually cares about the exact same things that you care about.
That's what makes life so interesting, at least to some. Everyday you get to wake up and are greeted by an entirely different experience.
That's also the reason many people with personality disorders are SO alienated from society, and those who are only comfortable at home or in their home state, while they may flourish socially, will never amount to much, because they are incapable of processing and wanting to participate in a new experience and new things everyday.

People with personality disorders many times, as described by various research outlets for these diseases, "value routines and agendas". You can see how this would contradict that natural flow of life as you continue to progress through it. Aspies and whatnot do not want to have a new and exciting experience everyday, they value the present and the things that they have discovered make them happy, rather than the different situations most people will be thrust into throughout their life. While their may not morally be anything wrong with that, it contradicts what is necessary for natural human and social progression. In order for someone to change themselves and become better at social interaction and life in general, they must experience and try new things, rather than be stuck in a routine of the same outcome everyday.
>>
File: 1350238647663.jpg (34 KB, 307x400) Image search: [Google]
1350238647663.jpg
34 KB, 307x400
>>24969148
Most recent one, I was with nearly two years, it has been 2 weeks she said she will message me when her exams are finished on the 17th, dreading the date as it draws closer. I cannot feel any empathy to anyone but i can feel empathy towards her but I know this will fade in time, fellow robots.
>>24969156
Jesus, are you me? Computers are the only thing that keeps me sane, none of this normie bullshit, it is all black and white and that is what my asspie brain gets
>>
File: piero.jpg (25 KB, 397x250) Image search: [Google]
piero.jpg
25 KB, 397x250
>>24969200
>Computers are the only thing that keeps me sane
Same here, I just want an escape from everything. I want to live thought. I know it sounds cringey, but the only reason why I havent hero'd yet is that I am convinced myself that I am more important than I really am. As if I am some kind of great scientist or philosoper who needs to remain alive in order to let his thoughts be heard.

Ever play dishonored? There is a character who is the biggest most glaring sperg in fiction, Piero
>>
File: 1350239164692.jpg (23 KB, 306x403) Image search: [Google]
1350239164692.jpg
23 KB, 306x403
>>24969299
Never played it but I will look him up. I am in the same boat really, Anon. I enjoy college because I got my first choice and I am not inherently ugly, as far as I'm told but what do those normies know? I'm done for the Semester not back until February the First, thinking of quitting cigarettes and getting /fit/ but I know that wont happen, lol.
>>
Blog post incoming.
>pretty sure I have genuine Asperger's or some kind of ASD
>know that my dad got told I had ADHD or some shit when I was a kid and refused to medicate me, never really sure what happened with that
>went to therapy for "Sensory Processing Disorder" back when it was "Sensory Integration Dysfunction"
>have a bunch of weird little eccentricities like sitting oddly in my chair, spinning, hand-flapping, shit handwriting, a slight lisp, poor gait, a bouncy tiptoeing walk that always gets commented on, pacing literally constantly and in small spaces, and shaking one leg endlessly
>deliberately sought out kids with similar eccentricities, who I just deemed "weird," to hang out with when I was a kid; conversations consisted of ranting back and forth at each other about anime and vidya and books and trivia
>late-bloomer in most shit, couldn't even ride a bike or tie my shoes at a normal age
>hypersensitive as fuck to sound and touch, particularly light touch, have actual trigger sounds and visual triggers in addition to them, wear fucking earplugs and headphones and earmuffs a lot, or else I just stuff my ears with tissue or napkin or some shit
>have at least 5 overlapping kinds of synesthesia I'm aware of and symptoms of OCD
>difficulty with eye contact
>face just seems off somehow
>social difficulty

The funny thing is, I didn't even know what autism was until around a year ago. I just thought I was different and couldn't put my finger on it.

>>24968500
Sounds cool, tripfaggot.

>>24968401
Yeah, I can relate. It wasn't bionicle for me, but I basically just read and collected trivia and played vidya a lot

>I just want to be lft alone, and do my own little autistic projects in my own little autistic world
Feel ya there. Ideally, somebody would just throw money at me to develop my autistic little projects.
>>
File: fatmap.png (498 KB, 1000x582) Image search: [Google]
fatmap.png
498 KB, 1000x582
>>24969389
Want to know an easy /fit/ guide that requires basically no work? Its simple really, only ever drink water, plain tea, or black coffee as a beverage. Dont eat every other day ( if you get REALLY hungry just eat lettuce)

Listen ,i know this sounds stupid at first but hear me out, since 40% of the human bodies calories get burnt just to keep your body warm, always try to maintain a cold or cool environment. There is a reason why places like greenland and iceland have low obesity rates. If you live in a warm climate, there is a higher chance of being obese. There is a reason why texas, louisiana and missippi are fat as fuck
>>
>>24969511
Jesus, my diet is always very autistic I eat and drink the same things each day, I drink a lot of coke. I am not over weight at all, to be honest my stomach muscles are very defined for some reason but my arms are very thin. I only have one meal a day maybe 2 if I feel like it but that is rare.
>>
File: workshop.jpg (247 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
workshop.jpg
247 KB, 800x532
>>24969488
>have a bunch of weird little eccentricities like sitting oddly in my chair, spinning, hand-flapping, shit handwriting, a slight lisp, poor gait, a bouncy tiptoeing walk that always gets commented on, pacing literally constantly and in small spaces, and shaking one leg endlessly

Are you me? I can barely handwrite even thought I have entire 180 page notebooks full of my thoughts all handwriten. I HAVe to sit with both of my feet touching or I get really nervous, I always think I am choking on my own spit even when my mouth is dry, I walk up the stairs two or three steps at a time because walking up stairs is tedious and enfuriates me, and if I bounce my leg up and down and do something else, my leg automatically keeps bouncing even when I am not thinking about it.

I hate light, and only ever have a small shitty lantern in my room at all times, I hate gloves because they make my hands feel like they are being ripped into barbed wire, never learned to ride a bike, but i never had a friend i could truely relate with.

I want a little autistic village or facility where mal-adjusted spergs and high functioning autists can live and work on our own strange little things.
>>
>>24969511
Another fucked up method of losing weight is what I call "Constant Rebuild Theory". For the body to repair itself, that requires large amounts of calories and energy. If the body is always in a state of repair, you in theory would help in the weight loss effort. For this reason, I tear the skin on the tips of my fingers off by the nail and cuticle in small ways to force my body to heal itself and spend energy. I do not advocate for self harm, I am just pointing out its fitness benefits. Besides, you quickly stop feeling the pain and honestly start to enjoy ripping your fingers. Also tear at the skin on your lips for a bonus
>>
>>24969995
sorry, that comment was intended for >>24969389
>>
>>24969995
Lol what? that seems pretty strange even for me
>>
>>24969693
Well, it's not an exact parallel, but I feel ya.

My issues are with socks and tags and shoes. I used to cut the seams out of my socks when I was a kid, which drove my mom nuts, and I've always worn them inside-out. The feeling of my pants moving against my skin as I walk is enough to floor me.
>>
what are ya, from the department of noimsayins? takin a noimcensus?
>>
>>24970160
I hate clothes, they are such a hassle and unneeded work. I always had to have my socks completely stretched to almost the knee so I don't have to feel the crinkled parts. I always like to wear unfittingly large shirts and pants and just fasten them together with a safety pin or rubber band which I still do to this day.

I am just not fit for this existence
>>
I'm Auststic and instead of getting autistic over programming or something that might help my life I just obsesses over being really fucking good at video games

I can spend over 72 hours sitting down straight playing video games (never timed my self after that though might try again next run) with premade dinner/breakfast for three days days + nights. Other times i might just not eat for that period

rate my autism. That and I can tell you anything about Medevial England and Ancient Rome
>>
>>24970397
What is it with Autistic people and history or fantasy I wonder. Almost everyone in aspergers/autism threads seem to be avid observers of history or fantasy to the extent that I am beginning to notice a pattern
>>
Are you all diagnosed with asperger's? I'm not but i've been told I probably have it by a professor. I wouldn't be surprised. I don't understand why people do the things they do or care about what they care about. I don't know why people care so much about tone or facial expression. I can't help but feel like everyone else is just really caught up in things that don't matter at all.
>>
>always feel uncomfortable
>always flapping my left hand around
>studder whenever I try to talk
>get mad very quickly for short periods of time, but not physically
>drink the same type of tea everyday
I think I may have Aspergers, but not sure
>>
File: hijak2.png (22 KB, 217x225) Image search: [Google]
hijak2.png
22 KB, 217x225
>>24970523
I've been diagnosed. Literally every teacher in my school could see it plain as day. I also dont understand why people do the things they do. Its as if everyone else is just some kind of drone running on autopilot . I hate the formalities like shaking hands or going out for coffee breaks. I want results, not to be friends

>inb4 pic
>>
>>24970455
Oh yeah I also make interrogate and long DnD campaigns dispute not having anyone to play them with
>>
>>24970619
>I hate the formalities like shaking hands or going out for coffee breaks. I want results, not to be friends

I don't understand why people care about things like handshakes. I understand caring about stupid shit, but I know I care about stupid shit like anime VAs. I could tell you I care about that. But if you asked a normie why they care about handshakes they would just say because thats how it is. If they were a handshake expert and had studied handshakes at college I would get it but how can you be a doctor of medicine and yet to stupid you care about my limp handshake?
>>
>>24968500
Oh look, more useless flights of fancy.

>>24968401
The truth is, the only person who defines who you are is you. Lets take a look at all the damaging self definitions you've accumulated:

>someone nobody cares about
>feel alien/disconnected
>identifying as a vessel for abstract facts
>one that cannot relate to people
>an "autist"

These are not real. They are definitions that literally only exist in your mind. Unfortunately, you've missed out on the learning process for some social skills, but these aren't things that are impossible to learn later on in life.

cont.
>>
>>24970781 cont.

When I was in elementary school, my best friend up and moved to another country. I was traumatized, felt abandoned, and had a huge amount of trouble connecting with other people. I didn't have a single friend, all through elementary, middle and high school. Literally not one.

I wasn't majorly bullied, I was mostly just ignored. I had no idea how to make friends. I spent my days and nights playing starcraft and quake.

When I got to college, I decided I couldn't live like that anymore. I moved outside my comfort zone. I found a girl, and I talked to her. We dated. She dumped me. I found another one. I forced myself to talk to people. I made friends. I learned how.

It's possible. I had 0 social skills. It can be done.
>>
File: AREYOUTURTLYENOUGH.jpg (274 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
AREYOUTURTLYENOUGH.jpg
274 KB, 1024x768
>>24970916
>>24970781

just because you pulled yourself out of the pit of awkwardness doesn't mean that the same is possible.

>someone nobody cares about
nobody actually does, its not a cry for pity, its fact
>feel alien/disconnected
I genuinely do, and no amount of horseshit self help will make society change to make me feel more accepted. I TRIED to be a part of the world, but every time it ends in failure and being shunned even further.
>identifying as a vessel for abstract facts
I know that it is a strange thing to say about your self but its true, I obsessively accumulate facts about one thing in particular and then move onto the next thing, its just life for me
>one that cannot relate to people
I can't, what kind of non-autistic person could honestly sit down and debate with me over the minutia of micro-nations, or the ramifications of deep sea exploration with me coming across as some sort of spastic
>an "autist"
what else am I to describe myself? I honestly am not normal and don't fit in no matter how much I try, its just a word to describe people on the autistic spectrum for verbal shorthand
>These are not real. They are definitions that literally only exist in your mind. Unfortunately, you've missed out on the learning process for some social skills, but these aren't things that are impossible to learn later on in life.
You are damn right its unfortunate, but its been proven that the brains of people with autism function differently than from people without it

Having a traumatic childhood has nothing to do with aspergers and going from what you say if its true, you probably don't have aspergers/autism to begin with.
>>
>>24968811
do you collect rare flags on /int/ or /pol/?
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 914x1091
>>24968401
don't worry sperg

I do the same thing with maps and like history, but can get along fine with people and fucked a lot of women

doesn't mean if you bounce your leg or like historical and geographic facts your an autie

just bee yourself
>>
>>24970781
>i was just a bitch that means you are in the same situation
>>
Diagnosed autist, I hate it. I'm never going to be able to come to terms with the fact that people don't even view you as a human being.
>>
File: 1449936503776.jpg (125 KB, 1600x867) Image search: [Google]
1449936503776.jpg
125 KB, 1600x867
who /trappedinafantasyworld/ here
>>
>>24970523
Escapism. Your existence is pain and misery, so you like to imagine being someone else, or living in a different time/world.
>>
>>24972553
>tfw people treat you like a retarded child

i get that they're trying to be accommodating but you dont have to ask if im ok every 4 mins

>>24972575
vidya does this for me. ive spent the past three days just exploring the map on the crew
>>
>>24972622
>i get that they're trying to be accommodating but you dont have to ask if im ok every 4 mins

It never stops hurting. I can tell just by the way they talk and look at me that they feel nothing but pity. You're not a person, you're just a sad awkward, creepy guy who exists for attractive guys to make fun of in front of other people to raise their social status.
>>
File: 230px-Beet_vol_1.png (170 KB, 230x346) Image search: [Google]
230px-Beet_vol_1.png
170 KB, 230x346
>>24972575
Escapism is literally the only thing I deeply care about. I care more about fictional characters than real people.
>>
>>24972700
avoid people play vidya and kill myself when this is no longer viable. its the only plan i have
>>
>>24968401
Fellow aspie here totally relates.

All I've ever wanted to do is be left alone and focus on my vidya, chess, sports and 80s culture hobbies I have an insane amount of interest and knowledge about.

I don't understand relationships with humans. All we do is use each other. Fellow girls have obviously only cared about social status. Boys just want the prettiest hole to stuff their dick in. It's all so pointless and boring to me.

Unfortunately, I had to stop being NEET a few years ago, and it's torture, even though my job isn't that bad. The social bullshit with everyone just never fucking ends.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 814x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 814x640
Had an obsession with trains when I was a little kid. By the time I was six or seven I grew out of that, moved onto video games and studying. Wowed everyone throughout high school with my math abilities, could solve problems in my head like a light turning on. Nickname through high school was "The Human Calculator." By freshman year I had moved on to music, but I still knew everything I wanted to about whatever subjects. Never diagnosed with anything (never even been to a therapist besides some early family trouble shit), but I've had thoughts of going in and seeing how I work.
>>
How do I know if I have aspergers or am just socially retarded? I have seen three therapists and one of them said she thought I had aspergers.
>>
File: 32825103.jpg (229 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
32825103.jpg
229 KB, 800x800
>>24972840
This is also my plan. And since the end times are coming soon I already bought a gun for the occasion. It won't be much longer before I finally end this pointless existence.

Knowing that I have a way out has actually made me feel somewhat better even if that way out is blowing my brains out with a .45
>>
>>24973147
>gun

lucky, i have a belt but it will have to do
>>
>>24969995
I like that theory desu
>>
>>24968401
>tfw diagnosed with aspergers on friday
>told I was INTJ
>thought I would eventually understand all the weird normie culture ticks

I didn't know or even think I was autistic at all. My mother always just thought I was creative and "special". I don't know how to feel about this or what to do robots. Please help

Should I compile a list of my semi autis tic tendencies?
I don't know how to be autistic. Do you guys have a code? How does any of this work?
>>
File: 1442198798924.png (186 KB, 694x624) Image search: [Google]
1442198798924.png
186 KB, 694x624
>Aspergers
>Mostly live off NEETbux
>Finally landed a job in a PC repair shop after a year of looking
>Love the work, but boss is flaky about pay
>Owed 2 months of wages
>Employment agency is chasing it up but I don't want to push too hard and upset boss
>3.5 months in now, direly need the experience
>Find out my sister who I lived with wants to move state once lease is up and I need to do something
>Want to move to same state because lots of family and bigger city as well as a chance to escape crippling depression
>Don't want to leave grandma up here, who father doesn't talk to, only has uncle
>Need more work experience to be safe, unsure if 5-6 months will be enough to get another job in IT

Fuck guys what do I do? I want to move, but I hate the thought of leaving my grandma. Would also be trading a town full of bad memories for a fresh start, but in a city I've only visited twice. I also don't want to upset my boss since I desperately need a good reference. Got 2 months to figure it out. Panic.
>>
>>24973339
Just wait. You will recieve your autism gift-basket of sonic, mlp, and trains in the mail.
>>
>>24973350
Start looking while keeping the job. Explain the situation of your current job to employers.

How far away is the new place? It might be worth it to drive an hour or so to interviews in the new town while working your current job.
>>
>>24970455
Same , Im am aspie and I can tell you just about anything about The World Wars
>>
>>24973405
I'm in Australia, from Gold Coast, Queensland to Melbourne, Victoria. About 1000 miles away. It's sorta all or nothing.
>>
>>24972840
on the boat with you guys. Maybe next time-
>>
>>24970523
Its sad really. But once you do all these subtle little things the normie brain expects youd be suprised at how easy life gets
>>
>>24972995
I feel you, bro ~uguuhh~
>>
>waiting on the state to see if they approve my SSDI or not

Wish me luck, autists. If I win I'm gonna get like 5k after the lawyer takes his cut. I've got 13 months of backpay right now.
>>
>>24969181
>Not Aspie, not Autistic, sometimes I get a little depressed I guess,
Then fuck off.
>>
assburgers reporting here it wasn't even until high school that I had friends and thats just because I was able to fake emotions well enough to see human to people, and when my friends got close enough they could learn the real me, but lost them all after graduation, sat in my room for the past 2 1/2 years not amounting to anything, I like you just want to be left alone, I'm content with fapping, don't need to have sex, I don't need relationships, I just want to be left the fuck alone by the world, for me my super into was the solar system in elementary then WW2 in middle school, and several shit in highschool, mostly in general American History and vidya as well my own little stories in my head which I enjoy greatly
>>
>>24972995
what are aspie females even like. i know one and they seem normal
>>
>>24969488
I'm 22 still can't ride a bike and barely tye my shoes for Christ sake, I have been diagnosed with Asperger's do the hand flapping thing when I get really excited over stimulation I suppose, and I'm really sensitive to loud noises, hand writing is absolute garbage, and EXTREMELY regimented, I do the same things every day at the same time
>>
>>24974417
no shame in that man i barely know my left from right
>>
>>24974417
>>24974455
i mean the bit about the bike btw
>>
>>24974455
another thing I got is when I listen to music I rock in my hair its just very comforting, and helps me relax and chill in general been doing it as long as I can remember, its almost like meditating for me I can just escape reality for a second and be in my own world, idk if others do this but just one of my biggest secrets honestly only my family knows and very close friends so basically 2 friends
>>
>>24974530
*chair
>>
>>24974530
i rock my foot (higher one) when im on my side. side to side very quickly and up and down with the bass
>>
>>24974415
Most aspies seem normal to others.
>>
>>24974830
i know an aspie guy and its obvious he isnt normal and people tell me im weird but the girls seem to blend in
>>
>>24974530
>>24974552
>>24974758
man that's so deep you guys are geniuses omg moving to the beat who would've thought of that
>>
>>24973350
get the money you're owed you cvck
>>
File: 1430600139923.jpg (72 KB, 480x475) Image search: [Google]
1430600139923.jpg
72 KB, 480x475
>>24974882
nigga shaking your foot like a freezing man with parkinsons isnt very common is it
>>
>>24974864
Girls can just keep their mouths shut to blend in and its written off as cute. I tried to never open my mouth throughout basically all of Uni and people hated me for it.
>>
>>24972995
>chess
how do you get into chess? as a child, I enjoyed it but was never (competitively) good at it. wanted to get into it half a dozen times since then but never really managed.
>>
>>24973453
> Melbourne

It's a great place, you'll love it.
I'd offer to grab lunch and show you and round but I used to have have a friend with aspergers and it's far too much responsibility for me.
>>
>>24973066
there is no such thing as a "real" diagnosis imho. if you manage to have a "normal" life it is probably not strong autism but rather aspie or being normally awkward.

if your social retardation is
a)not aquired (you where always like this)
b)so severe that people notice or it limits you irl
it is prob. autism/aspie
>>
File: 3Ska-r4w_400x400.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3Ska-r4w_400x400.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
What would society be like if everyone was autistic?
>>
>>24975270
More trains. Less social gatherings.
>>
>>24975270
quiet, chaotic at the macro level due to little/poor comunication, every job done very well, >>24975298
>>
File: HIROyukiSHIMAmura.jpg (33 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
HIROyukiSHIMAmura.jpg
33 KB, 800x440
>>24968401
we have the same interests on history OP.

>be on high school
>freshman
>no friends
>acts like an autist
>everyone stays away from me and bullies me because i act like an autist.
>has only made 2 friends
>a fellow autist and an edgy cyborg-child
>got bullied online and IRL
>fellow autist sympathizes with me because the normies also bullied him but not as fucked up as they do to me.
>we always talk about ww2 and nazi-shit with cyborg during lunchbreak.
>this happens everyday without fail
>then we discussed about guns
>then fellow autist came up with and idea about shooting up the school because he saw an blog article about columbine
>we planned to fuck up our classmates and follow reb and vodka's plan
>it was perfectly fine, we will off ourselves later
>but the problem is we don't have materials
>the only gun i have is my father's .38 revolver and 60rounds and his father has a double barreled shotgun
>we almost did it i already bring my revolver in my bag, but he doesn't bring the shotgun because he don't have time to steal it cut it's barrel because his dad was always home.
>but things got good in that day the bullying has gone less harsh because cyborg reported that i was daily rekt by the normies
>i abandoned the plan
>fellow autist doesn't because he wants retribution
>but some other autist from other class whom he consulted for the plan said him to forgive and forget, he was convinced or something.
>the plan was abandoned
>got bullied until 9th grade but as time passes they get less harsh and i made friends with one of my former bullies.
>we both luckily graduated high school

this is shitty greentext story.

i'm glad that i learnt how to control my autism without meds. (i just stay quiet and stay the fuck away from people)
>>
>>24968811
>tfw diagnosed aspie, super into flags and geography, and actually have a blanket of that specific flag that I sleep under every night

I'm not even joking.
>>
>>24975270
Your on the correct board for that.
>>
>>24975419
Since everyone on /r9k/ has >nogf does that mean an all autistic society would go extinct in one generation?
>>
File: 1449461782748.jpg (5 KB, 327x263) Image search: [Google]
1449461782748.jpg
5 KB, 327x263
What do you guys think the link between autism and ww2 is? That seems to be a super common trait among socially inept people.
>>
>>24975473
I suppose autists just naturally have the mettle to read about atrocities with total indifference at a young age. So they develop an interest at an age when their peers would be bothered by the horror of it.
>>
>>24975473
for me its just obscure battles, I am not particularly into WW2.

>>24975583
good thought.
>>
File: 1448944270145.jpg (7 KB, 312x290) Image search: [Google]
1448944270145.jpg
7 KB, 312x290
>>24975473
Actually pretty curious about this too if anyone has any insight.
Are people social retards because thryre obsessrd w ww2 or are obsessed w it cuase theyre retards?
>>
>>24975583
I think people have a natural fascination with atrocity but its offset by empathy for other people. Aspies, who lack empathy of normie levels, are left only with the fascination.
>>
File: 1344151138446.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1344151138446.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>24974915
Boss won't give it to me. Seems to 'forget' or brush it off every time. I don't want to threaten legal action or that would ruin chances of a good reference which I badly need. Still trying to find a way to resolve it peacefully.
>>
how do legit autists feel about undiagnosed/self diagnosed people such as myself? Do you think of us like those tumblrinas who self diagnose as add/ocd/depressed as part of their special snowflake syndrome? I legit believe I have autism/aspergers, but my dad refused to have me tested when I was younger, and my mom who thinks I have it doesn't want me to get diagnosed because she says I'll use it as a crutch. I just want to know what the fuck is wrong with me.
>>
>>24975473
>>24975617

It's because WW2 is genuinely interesting you fucking retards. Before the history channel became all about reality shows it was nicknamed the "Hitler channel"

WW2 had everything: large scale death and destruction, interesting politics, cool weapons/tanks/planes etc
>>
>be me
>be 16 years old (back then)
>have autism and anexity
>go through secondary/high school
>have hardly any friends
>all my friends are on the same level of autism as me
>sit around 90% of the day talking about current affairs
>talk about school shootings, 9/11, JFK etc.
>one day teaching staff hears our conversatation
>she gets triggered about our conversation
>reports both of us
>Head teacher talks to us why we that
>My friend goes on about a political interest
>I start talking about how today's society (back then) is walking bindingly into a fate where there will be no longer people who are clever enough that could be socially accepted and would become social outcasts.

Fast forward 9 years later to 2015 and take a look a society - my prediction's were accurate.
>>
>>24975473
>>24970455
>tfw for several years my biggest interest was in Marxism, its various forms, theories, principles, the history and living conditions of Marxist countries, the differences between them, the propaganda from all of them, etc.

Being an Amerifat, I pissed off so many people whenever I talked about it. I'm not even a communist, I just found it all really fascinating to learn about. But everyone just assumed I was some kind of mass murder/totalitarianism apologist and started yelling at me.
>>
File: Yamato.jpg (548 KB, 1940x1055) Image search: [Google]
Yamato.jpg
548 KB, 1940x1055
>>24975704
This guy gets it. There is an almost infinite level of depth to the subject.
>>
>>24975473
Maybe total war is where autistics thrive. It would make sense. They are goal oriented. Have a lack of empathy and want to kill themselves except their too much of pussies to go through with it.
Autistics have nothing to lose, going to a full on war would give their lives purpose. Come back a hero or die trying.
>>
Tell me about your sensory issues, anon.

My half-brother has been socially isolated for such a long fucking time, I'm trying to make his life better.

He's not diagnosed with anything except depression.

He gets itchy a lot when he's sensory overloaded, usually if he wears manmade clothing, or socks in bed, or if something breathes in his face (like a dog or cat).

What can I do to help and does this sound autistic?
>>
>>24975878
Anons* that should be, I'm drunk and realised I really need to help this guy, not through pity but he deserves better, his biological family just don't get him and I want to help.

He asked Doctor for an autism test about a month ago, but nothing for a reply yet.
>>
File: abstrac kind of gondola.png (11 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
abstrac kind of gondola.png
11 KB, 640x480
I got into a relationship when I was 18. I'm 25 now and it just ended a week or two ago. Now that I am not focusing so much on this other person I feel pretty strange. Before we started dating I told him "I am an alien" which I meant as a warning, meaning that emotions were going to be an issue. He stuck with me for 7 years and now has moved on to a different girl, which is fine because she will probably be better for him. He tells me about the emotional pain I created, or the emotional vacuum I created, basically the fact that I am not in touch with my feelings and I rarely seem to reach out and give a damn about his either, which I agree with, sadly. Anyways, now I feel like an alien who took a long visit to the human world and am now going home, i.e., gonna just be by myself from now on and not have to deal with all the disappointment I bring to others who want emotional support from me. I mentioned my age because although I am 25 and spent 7 years doing this normie stuff, I now have the strange sensation that I was just acting the entire time, so good that even I didn't realize I was just acting, and all the "personal growth" experienced over these 7 years is totally fake and I'm just going to revert to being my teenage self and that any illusion I had of caring about another person and trying to grow is fading away.
>>
>>24975698
he's counting on you being too much of a pussy to take legal action and probably had no intention of actually paying you in the first place. get proof from your agency that he hasn't paid you despite them requesting it on your behalf (in writing) and then you can use that to explain the situation for your next job.

small restaurants pull this shit all the time.
>come in for an unpaid "trial" week (illegal) so we can see how well you fit in
>sorry you're not what we were looking for. just like the other 51 teenagers we've done this to in the last year.
>>
>>24976100
>trying to grow

I don't even know what this normie phrase means. Is it another buzzword like "mature"?
>>
>>24976211
Basically means, improving your ability to remain happy/sane while emotionally appeasing other people at the same time.
>>
File: 1450025222176.jpg (196 KB, 750x739) Image search: [Google]
1450025222176.jpg
196 KB, 750x739
>>24968401
Oh for sure assppsss
>>
>>24968401
>go to Wednesday after school church thing because forced to
>split into small 7-8 kid groups with a teacher
>go to room with couches, arm chairs, and comfy things to sit and listen about jesus stories

i would crawl behind the couch, place the cloth blind covers around me, and stare out the window and drone out the stories while contemplating why i'm so alone and have no friends.

feel would hang out of from behind the couch and I would move them constantly because restless feet syndrome or some shit. idk

wondered by everyone avoided me at church : /
>>
>>24975878
I HATE breath on my face, fuck

what blew my minf when reading about autism is that "light touch" bothers alot of autistic people and meanwhile heavy touch like hugging or squeezing feels breddy good. explained alot of shit about me that I hadnt realized. eg. hate kisses but love hugs
>>
>>24969488
>a bouncy tiptoeing walk that always gets commented on

me too

my lifelong nickname is Tiptoe
>>
>>24975473
>>24975704
too much history channel for me desu
>>
>>24976409
Alright, this sheds some light. Why is it light touch? He's not awfully touchy feely anyway, but he said light touch (and I've seen him react to it, a feather landing on his face is his worst nightmare) is the worst.
>>
>>24970587
>>drink the same type of tea everyday

man you some kind of freak?
>>
File: explodingknees.png (329 KB, 384x800) Image search: [Google]
explodingknees.png
329 KB, 384x800
welcome to the fellowship, everybody.

I am 24. Virgin, dropped out of a university. low paying job until I land something else. Fuck small talk, that seems to never get easier. whenever I get home I'm exhausted it's hard to have anything left for relationships.

I have a good speaking voice. I try to be a jack of all trades within certain fields (history, politics, philosophy, sociology, geophysical science, ecology, I try to keep tying adding things into the web so I can understand the world easier and things become little less overwhelming. And I struggle to have things in common with people, it's hard to communicate meaningful things so people like me. I used to have facebook but it made me depressed and I started hating people and became a social cynic. so now I deactivated the book a few years ago. I never posted anything on my own wall, I'd only comment on other people's posts. it's very hard to make myself "marketable" to other people. it's a very weird of way making myself likeable to others but that is how I view socializing, just a series of market transactions on the personal / relationship level.

I'm sure you guys have some things going for you as well, it doesn't take that long to think of some. You have just as much of a right to exist as anyone else

Also, all the games I enjoy, I know extremely large amount of information about them. Every game that I like I've played 100s of hours, at least.
>>
>>24976523
>Why is it light touch?

I have no idea to be honest.

I also read that autistic people have problems with proprioception and like balance related stuff so that is why we enjoy things like spinning in circles or rocking back and forth...again that was a mind blower because i didnt think about it but i definitely spin/walk in circles a fucking LOT and probably look like a mega sperg while doing so.

umm, and just a personal experience from me, i like the feeling of "gently" smacking my face with stuff. hitting myself but not hard enough that its painful. something about it feels weirdly nice. My bf used to hate me doing that because it comes across as (or I guess, straight up is) self-harm. but for example if i was feeling upset, if i could spend some time doing that then i could calm down without having to talk alot of nonsense and cry and whatnot.

im not a diagnosed aspie by the way but wtf else would I be, doing this kind of stuff
>>
Any body act out there fantasies and have other multiple worlds they go into?
because i do and it's amazing, it makes up for lack of social interaction
>>
>>24976708
we enjoy spinning because it stimulates an understimulated aspect of our senses, is what i was trying to explain
>>
>>24976728
>>24976708
Alright, he doesn't ever spin or rock, he just seems...subdued? I've not seen him truly free, I imagine he puts up barriers with me there though. I'll try squeeze him harder rather than hug lightly next time and see how he reponds.
>>
>>24968401
Is it possible to outgrow aspergers?

I was never diagnosed but,
>Spent the majority of my childhood reading WW2 books
>Reached a 10th grade reading level by 4th grade
>never had any friends
>no interest in talking to people and couldn't figure out why people acted differently
>never really understood the feelings of others
>Didn't cry when grandmother, dogs, etc... died because no feeling towards the situation

Then I hit highschool and my parents forced me into football.
I was just "that JV kid that doesn't talk" until senior year when I all of the sudden just kinda understood how social interactions work.
It just clicked.

I fucked 11 women that year, made more friends in a month than I'd ever had, and met the girl I'm now engaged to.

But at the same time I lie to her all of the time, compulsively steal, and feel absolutely no emotion towards any of my wrong actions other than the fear of being caught.

Can't decide if I'm just shitty as a human or if I was born defective.
>>
>>24976752
Well I hope it works out. Something that helps me alot in life that I didnt think to use until much later was ear plugs. and simply just the knowledge that certain people are wired differently and need more time alone really helped my approach to life. I was trying the monkey see monkey do approach and trying to copy normie ways and winding up having really stressful times. Now I know that it's normal if I want to isolate myself in a quiet room and do weird shit for a while, its not childish, its something i have to accept that i need to do to keep up with regular people out in the working world and so on. not knowing about aspergers, i had pretty much "overcome" alot of my natural tendencies but those tendencies are coping mechanisms that I had failed to replace, leading to anxiety and confusion.
>>
>>24976100
dont worry, you are a girl, you will be fine
>>
>>24976842
Also I hand flapped until like 7th grade.
>>
>>24976842
people do usually get better at dealing with it and not showing so many symptoms over time, but i dont think i've ever heard of someone just flicking the switch like that
>>
>>24976842
my therapist thinks maybe i did this, but i also ended up with borderline personality in later life, so swings and roundabouts.

>>24976844
I don't think he's that far along the spectrum if he is autistic. He likes his destructive stuff, he likes liveleak car crash videos for example. If I'm there and he wants to be alone I leave him to smoke his weed for an hour or so (I wish he'd get off the weed, but that's another story, he's ex alcoholic so whatever lesser of two evils).
>>
>>24976842
sounds more like psychopathy to me.
>>
>>24976862
I will be "fine", i.e., society will always cater to me, but that doesn't mean I will have a soul.
>>
File: fantasy.jpg (418 KB, 1000x690) Image search: [Google]
fantasy.jpg
418 KB, 1000x690
supposedly aspergers rarely do drugs or try them for that matter. I'm not convinced this is true in every case. not everyone's life path goes down the same road

Will you solve any personal problems as a result of tripping? No. Could you become mentally preoccupied with doing drugs and form a compulsive habit? Yes. Beware and be well. Sobriety is good for 99% of the time.

I had several lucky situations where I got to try some psychedelics and dissociatives. These are the best class of drugs for introverts because of the amount of thinking involved in every "trip". it is not always pleasurable, in fact a lot of times it feels quite deep and you feel like you are literally occupying part of your brain that you can never occupy otherwise. The alternate storyline within your head can be quite relieving sometimes. It is not a superficial experience for the faint of heart. a lot of times it feels like a psychotherapy session.

dissociatives and psychedelics. can be a welcome respite from the cramped and anxiety-ridden daily experience. sobriety is good for 99+ % of the time.
>>
>>24977008
bump + true especially for INTJ
>>
>>24968575
>Tfw obsess over real science
I want off this ride
Everything is so cool but I don't understand half of it
especially fuck relativity
>>
>>24968401
I was that one guy who knew all the obscure shit that no one cared about
Got called dictionary, Wikipedia etc. all through high school
Probably because my childhood consisted of reading nothing more than those shitty kids encyclopaedia things
>>
>>24969693
I have the same sort of thing as your glove thing
I can't wear watches,glasses of any kind, really any bracelet/headband things and I have trouble wearing some headsets along most other foreign objects that touch the skin
I have this big puffy leather coat that I always wear when I leave the house because of it
>>
>>24970455
High fantasy is a world that might let some of us escape or something and everything seemed simpler in history so that might have something to do with it
>>
>>24970523
No adult has ever said I've got it but a bunch of actual aspire friends I used to have all thought I was as well so
>>
>>24970781
You need to fuck off norman
>>
>>24977849
bro just think differently to cure autism

posted from my iPhone
>>
>>24976873

whats hand flapped?
>>
>>24972702
I honestly can't attach myself to real people and I don't know to word it but I actually feel stuff for fictional characters and stuff
>>
>>24973359
The only one of those I never got into was mlp desu
and I have no plans to get into it
>>
File: pepegif.gif (392 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
pepegif.gif
392 KB, 600x396
>>24972702
>didn't cry when my aunt died
>cried when Dom died in Gears of War
>>
>>24974882
This is the point you stupid fuck >>24974935
>>
>>24971194
holy shit is that the guy who as the model for pepe? looks right like him.
>>
Anyone else only recently get a proper diagnosis because parents "don't believe in autism"
>>
>>24978271
Pretty sure I have it but there's no way my parents want to admit to having a fucked up kid.
>>
>>24968692
>I could name every make and model on the road at a glance, my parents and grandparents thought it was amazing.
I was the same when I was 3 years old, or so I'm told (wow, a poem). I can't remember it myself, though, and lost that ability a couple of years later.
>>
>>24970633
STOP THIS THREAD IS GETTING TOO REAL
>>
>>24973453
I'm moving to Melbourne too! Can we be friends?
>>
>>24970455
I think it's because history and fantasy are both heavily romanticized. It gives aspies a way to escape their boring lives
>>
I have never felt a genuine human connection to anyone.

My obsessions and interests are the only reasons I have to live.

Also fuck the people who say that they have autism but they "just learned social skills manually :^)"

I have read so many books and watched so many tutorials on how to socialize. I underwent an ordinary amount of social exposure throughout my childhood. I simply cannot learn nonverbal communication. I will never have social skills that exceed that of a blind man. I have tried to hard to learn nonverbal communication but my brain literally can't comprehend it.
>>
>>24968401
Yeah, a lot of that is similar to me. I did have one or two friends off and on through out my life though. I would eventually make a friend, and then that friendship would fail for some reason. My best friend from about 6th grade through to a few years after high school was a kid who was also on the spectrum. Unfortunately, we kind of stopped hanging out when he moved to a residential type program that was about 3 bus rides away. He also had to have permission ahead of time to have people over or for him to stay overnight somewhere.
I was also interested in Wars and History. I used to watch the history channel as much as possible when I was a kid.
Here is a youtube series that you may be interested in about WWI https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar

I also have to go through what I am going to say in my head over and over before I order food, talk on the phone, talk on the radio, etc.. Looking people in the eyes has also always been difficult for me.

I wasn't allowed to have any video games when I was little though (my parents thought they were bad) and screen time was really limited except when I was sick and then I would lye on the couch watching the history channel or a program/documentary about space.
>>24968575
I also had an obsession with space. My father used to read space and physics books to me for my bedtime story. one of my hobbies as a kid was building model rockets and pretending they were real. My room was covered in posters about space and NASA/space exploration. I also went to a space camp in the summers when I was a kid. Not the really cool one that people fly across the country for, just some local camp in a school that was all about space. Unfortunately, I live in a large metropolitan area so I can't see many stars, but whenever I am far enough away that I can really see the stars I am mesmerized.
>>
Plenty of normal well-adjusted men are interested in space and world war 2. Being interested in them doesn't mean you have a debilitating mental illness.

Most people in this thread sound like complete self-diagnosing faggots.

>>/tumblr/

Kill yourself. You're not special.
>>
File: 1432191723016.jpg (3 KB, 94x125) Image search: [Google]
1432191723016.jpg
3 KB, 94x125
>>24968401
i was relating to you until

>I could point to some shit like Bulgaria on a map and not look like a retard.

well that's offending me and now i just see you as a retard
>>
>>24978942
I don't think self diagnosing yourself with Aspergers is really a special-snowflake issue.
>>
>be present day, still cant even order a sandwich without having to recite the lines in your head constantly, forcibly look away from cashier because your mind forces you to

So if I don't have problems like this, am I not an autist?

I WENT THROUGH SPECIAL EDUCATION FOR NOTHING, GOD FUCKING DAMN IT THOSE FUCK UPS FOR TEACHERS DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO TEACH US ANYTHING

ARE THERE UNWRITTEN RULES ABOUT SCHOOL SHOOTINGS AFTER YOU GRADUATED, PLEASE RESPOND
>>
>>24978957
Self-diagnosis of aspergers is rampant.

Exhibit A: 90% of this tumblr-tier thread
>>
>>24978957
believe it or not it is a thing and does go on.
>>
>>24979005
Even if its rampant I really don't think its a special snowflake issue.

I think if a study was published on pubmed disproving Asperger the way that split-personalities was fundamentally disproved, most people here would breathe a sigh of relief.

For it to be a special-snowflake issue, you're implying people here kind of want to have aspergers because it makes them special. Firstly, its too common for that. Secondly, theres been no pro-aspie media the way sociopathy or psychopathy carries a positive context.
>>
>>24968401
im aspie, was rather similar to you but i liked sciences instead of history, i did manage to make friends but i always found them rather boring.

I learned to adapt and can chameleon with people easily, though they are still very boring. I often if ill ever feel contempt with someone
>>
>>24969200
you are both the same as me, i contemplate how you could upload yourself on a daily basis.
>>
>>24979048
it is in the same way that le social awkwardness is.

Sociopathy is only self diagnosed so often because there's a lot of (genuine) autists hurting out there looking for a "u cant hurt me...kid..." bandaid. Their natural low empathy leads them down self diagnosing paths.
>>
>>24979048
Nah mate you're completely uninformed on this subject.
>>
>>24979064
You don't have autism.
>>
>>24979086
If you're going to group all people who suggest they are socially awkward together under the "special snowflake" umbrella, you might as well just have said all of /r9k/ are special snowflakes. /r9k/ is basically a fucking board for social rejects at this point.

>>24979098
I don't think you've grasped the context of the discussion at hand in the slightest. You might want to go back and reread the entire chain. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

>>24979126
How do you know he wasn't diagnosed? In which case you're being an armchair psychologist contradicting a someone with a real degree. If anything, thats worse than self-diagnosing.
>>
I was running out of room to post so he is some of my background:
>>24978886
When I was a kid I was diagnosed with Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and ADHD in 1st or 2nd grade. I was placed in various therapies and classes including speech therapy, occupational therapy, social skills classes, writing classes, reading classes, resource classes, etc.. I had an IEP from the tome I was diagnosed till I finished high school. When I was in elementary school, in addition to the special therapies and classes I received a teacher's aid in my mainstream classes. In middle school I went to a different school than all the other kids who where in my elementary school. The middle school I went to had a special education program that that the other middle school could not offer. That was when I stated riding short busses... The program I was in at that middle school was called GTLD (Gifted and Talented Learning Disabled). I continued in that program until the end of my freshman year of high school. I was then put into a special education public charter school in another county which meant the bus ride took forever. That school had about 6 to 9 students in each class and 2 to 3 teachers and teacher's assistants. The school specialized in students with Learning Disabilities and/or Asperger's Syndrome/High functioning Autism.
When I was finished with my junior year, I was able to transfer to the high school that was just a few blocks from my house. As part of that transfer, my last year of high school was split into 2 years. I received a lot of special ed support in that school as well.
The psychiatrist I started going to during high school said that I most likely have Asperger's Syndrome and that I should be tested, but I vehemently refused because I though it would prevent me from joining the military. My family didn't push me to get diagnosed because I was already receiving special ed and various accommodations.
Bullying was a Major issue throughout my schooling and was very severe.
>>
>>24979147
Nope not what I meant when I said le social awkwardness. Talking about dumb bitches that talk about le mental health advocacy and their social anxiety then go to parties all the time and "socialise :)"
>>
>>24979126
i do actually, was diagnosed with it by a psychologist and psychiatrist. Its not that hard to chameleon when you see them as machines,
they are very predictable and have a pattern. Its not that hard to copy someone senpai
>>
>>24979172
I think I follow you now. Its a matter of degree. Posters on /r9k/ are overstating their social issues to the same degree that the tumblr girls are. The girls have no real issues, so they imply their issues are about 3/10 greater than they are. Whereas /r9k/ posters do have issues, and in reality are maybe ~3-4/10, but self-diagnosing themselves as aspie suggests the issue is 6-7/10. In other words, both are exaggerations to a similar degree.

You might be right.
>>
>>24975270
r9k goverment
>>
>>24970523
You can never run out of information about history, it always just runs deeper and deeper. So if you autist out about it you can continue to funnel knowledge in
>>
>>24979164
When I graduated high school I took a "gap year" and only worked about 15 hours a week. after that I started up at a community collage and took 2 classes a semester while doing the part time job. Now, I'm 24yo, still doing the same thing for the most part although I did also start doing something else last year in addition to the stuff I was already doing.
I still don't drive and don't even have a learner's permit. I fidget/stim all the time, especially in social situations. I also am still a virgin and have no interest in having any kind of sexual or romantic relationship or encounter.

I didn't learn to ride a bike without training wheels until I was about 12 years old. I didn't learn to tie my shoes until I was about 10 years old and even when I learned it took me forever. My mom used to threaten to get me Velcro shoes because it took me so long to tie my shoes.

Also forgot to mention in my earlier post that Trains and fire tucks/fire were/are also areas of interest for me.
>>
>>24968500

This nigga wants to build outer heaven for autists
>>
File: 1431292966139.gif (35 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1431292966139.gif
35 KB, 645x773
>tfw so much of my vocabulary/body language is just random shit I picked up from movies, TV shows and even anime
>>
I wish I obsessed over useful shit.

All I obsess over is levels and categories of powers and abilities.

I can spend hours reading all the different powers and abilities on the naruto wiki, even though it's a shit anime.

Why
>>
I have no real diagnosis but im like 99% sure I'm autistic:

>was very very obsessed with egypt when I was a kid
>social anxiety
>can't look people in the eye (only certain people for some reason, haven't found a pattern yet)
>can't talk on phone
>either dont care at all about stuff, or am massively obsessed, spending all my time on thwt hobby or interest.
>have only one friend I talk with but mostly online, while we share many common interest I don't really like spending much time irl.
>rock my head before going to sleep pretty much every night, and have been doing that as long as I can remember.

should I get a doctors diagnosis, does it yield any benefits?
>>
>>24979667
Fucking this.

Everything I do is an attempt to emulate a character.
>>
>>24968500
I have wanted to buy up some land and make a self sufficient homestead/commune for years now. I think it would be a wonderful way to live. Also, Temple Granden says that farming/working with animals is one of the best career paths for those on the spectrum. Of course she is somewhat biased because cattle are her area of interest, but I think it is still a valid recommendation and I find being around non-human animals to be relaxing. I also find being out in nature and away from urban areas and other people to be relaxing.
I was thinking of getting about 100 acres of land in rural Kentucky or some place like that.
>>
>>24979756
Oh right, like someone mentioned itt, I also have have unreadable handwriting, move my leg constantly, people have said I walk weird, and I always made friends with people with mental disorder/ who were deemed weird when I was younger because they interested me.
>>
File: 1450002107937.jpg (2 MB, 2156x2760) Image search: [Google]
1450002107937.jpg
2 MB, 2156x2760
As far as autistic obsessions go, im pretty obsessed with designs

Character/attire design specifically, but vehicles as well, to be even more specific usually designs regarding war.

Not exactly the best starting point for earning money but I do plan on learning how to draw, maybe I can turn out good enough to just live on patreon bux or become a concept artist or something.

Shit man, maybe I could actually be big into fashion idk, I never have actually taken a look at that
>>
File: b8 cow fetus 3.png (16 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
b8 cow fetus 3.png
16 KB, 700x700
>>24968749

> My favorite fish was the vampire squid

> fish

> squid
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.