[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
uni general: finals edition part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 21
File: 1437965025724.png (186 KB, 416x398) Image search: [Google]
1437965025724.png
186 KB, 416x398
Earlier I made a thread about me writing my general chemistry exam today.

It was absolutely brutal. 99% of what I studied was not on the final. How do I deal with failing a class? Is it best to persevere and not give up, or should I throw in the towel at some point?

I'm in engineering so it's more or less a worthwhile major.

>tfw doing good in calculus 1 even though I suck at math

thank god for my based math prof
>>
>tfw finals start in 3 days
>tfw too apathetic to start studying
>tfw probably going to fail pre-calculus
>tfw just want to shitpost, play vidya, and sleep tonight
>the guy in the dorm room next to mine is playing League of Legends and screaming his ass off whenever he gets killed, which is apparently very often
>i've tried asking him to stop many times in the past to no avail
>don't want to wake up any of the RAs and bother them
>lost my earbuds so I can't even drown him out with music

A-at least there's only a few days left, and I'm moving into a different room across the hall for unrelated reasons next semester. But god, do I hate this kid. MOBAS/Assfaggots are truly the most cancerous form of gaming.
>>
File: CEstUs4UUAIXQcu.jpg (10 KB, 203x303) Image search: [Google]
CEstUs4UUAIXQcu.jpg
10 KB, 203x303
>8:30am exam tomorrow
>Tried to study but instead cried so hard I barfed twice
>Spent the rest of the day in a cycle of screaming my head off, being unnaturally calm, and then crying again
Unnaturally calm right now. Trying to make notes because I have to write an essay on tomorrow's exam but at this point my goal is just to remain alive though not sure why I want to be alive
>>
>>24920004
Anon what kind of course has got you so fucked up like that?
>>24919939
I'm happy I got a single. I cannot share my living space with another person. Mostly just because I'm pathetic and don't want others to see it.
>>
>>24920079
I actually am in a single, my roommate moved out due to family issues at the beginning of the semester. It's just that the walls are so thin in this building I (and everyone else in the hall) can hear this asshole loud and clear when he starts to ree
>>
>>24920079
Oh, no, the course itself is fairly easy, and I'll probably pass the class itself even if by a little bit if I bomb the exam tomorrow. It's just the depression, man, it's a bitch, and every little thing set me off today.
I think I was so stressed out about my exam schedule that it looped around my neck and hung me already, so it's like I feel absolutely no stress although I didn't study all week.
Just not having a great month, and it all accumulated to this point.

Thanks for reading.
>>
File: 1396922889279.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1396922889279.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>checking grades online
>see a comment from the teacher
>"Google HeartMath"
>I google it
>"HeartMath - products and services that reduce stress and enhance life"
>think the professor is calling me out for being stressed out and depressed
>wonder how I can be so transparent when writing simple assignments for school
>reconsider my whole life in the span of fifteen seconds
>cool down, look deeper into HeartMath
>see that its some New Age spiritual bullshit run by loonies who think they can channel science to improve their chakra
>teacher's comment was for an assignment where I tore New Age groups a new asshole
>everything makes sense now
>mfw I had a fifteen second crisis
>>
>>24920144
np famiglia. how many times did you go through these similar motions with depression during exam week? is the struggle getting any easier? I'm assuming you've been in uni for a little while now.
>>
Went to the library to study again today. Just like all the other times, I got distracted and read something else.

This time, I was wandering around the eighth floor, the philosophy section, and found "Marcus Aurelius and his Times" and read about half of "Meditations". It is somewhat encouraging to know that even Roman emperors wanted to stay comfy under the covers in the morning too. Interesting.

I think I'll use this to avoid suicide when I flunk this Automata exam I have coming up. Fucking pumping lemma. I'm a useless retard. Even the token negro in the class seems to have gotten it.
>>
>>24920246

Nigger just stay alive.
>>
File: 5634368593485349.jpg (168 KB, 1200x853) Image search: [Google]
5634368593485349.jpg
168 KB, 1200x853
>>24920246
It's nice that you found something interesting and read through it, at least. I would spout some trite bullshit like "time you enjoy is not wasted time" but I'm not sure if you want to hear it.

>>24920209
It's actually never been this bad before. I'm in my third year and I've usually been able to stave it off until the very last exam, but I couldn't even make it to the first one. I've reached an intense amount of loneliness and isolation I hadn't experienced before. While procrastinating I see others having human connections with others, and it all gets to be too much.

Normally I just bite the pills down and see if I can focus hard enough that I can forget everything else and study for even an hour before crying, but my brain definitely wasn't cooperating today.

I think I can at least make tomorrow's essay, if anything. Going /comfy/ helped me a little. I don't know if it'll help anyone else, but I'll post this comfy anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4
>>
Med student here. Neuroscience unit exam coming up and pretty much all of my classmates and I are freaking out. Disgusting amount of info.
>>
>>24920335
Thanks for the comf, anon, it helped me.
>>
Not sure how to reply to some of the anons in this thread, but I'm still refreshing and reading if it helps anyone. Good luck to you all.

>>24920560
No worries, I hope things are going a little better for you. They seem to be created at random times, but I noticed someone's started another /comfy/ thread, so I'm getting some nice new music.
>>
File: cantwakeup.jpg (92 KB, 250x311) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.jpg
92 KB, 250x311
I'm currently suffering from intense heartbreak and anexiety.
Had Digital Signal Processing final today, of course everything that I did not practice for came up.
1 week until Remote Sensing final. I hope my brain gets it shit together before I can go home and cry at my parents.
>>
File: 1449742754719.jpg (604 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1449742754719.jpg
604 KB, 2560x1600
More comfy, because why not.

>>24920386
Good luck, anon! How much time left? You think you'll do alright?

>>24920686
Is it just that last exam next week? You're almost there, and I know a lot can happen in a week, anon. Hang in there. It sounds like your parents are a good support too (apologies if I've misinterpreted that) so make sure you take advantage of that support as much as you will allow yourself to.
>>
>>24920901
>It sounds like your parents are a good support too (apologies if I've misinterpreted that)
You're completely right about that.

My college thought it was a brilliant idea to put the exam on the final day before it closes for christmas.
It just sucks going around feeling like shit for 3 weeks straight, sometimes I wish didn't have feelings at all.
Good thing that Remote Sensing is a rather fun course.
>>
File: 1410490011504.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1410490011504.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
I have a 4000+ word essay due tomorrow and I haven't even started it yet. It counts for 40% of my grade. I was planning to not do it but get 100% credit on everything else so I could pass with a D-. It should have been easy because everything gets graded for a completion grade (other than the final paper we just have current events papers that are a paragraph with two sources cited). I got docked a point on the last one though because I accidentally cited the same source twice. The professor said he could have failed the assignment but he didn't think it was an egregious enough error so he compromised. I emailed the professor begging him for my point back but he told me it wasn't a big deal. I sent a second email saying I was planning to pass up on the final paper and that I needed the point to pass. He got mad and told me to do the paper or else.

I can't do the paper to get the point of credit because it's graded on a pass or fail basis and I don't have enough time. The professor says he'll pass any completed paper so long as it's obvious it wasn't done in one night. I need at least 20 credible sources and a coherent structure. I can't do this tonight because I've already stayed up two nights in a row hyperventilating and having a mental breakdown. I'm going to pass out in an hour and probably sleep for a whole day. I'm going to fail this class and lose my scholarship (which was already jeopardized and was going to be lost sooner or later). My parents are already mad at me because they were sending me tuition money for a semester when I wasn't actually enrolled yet, I just spent all their money on drugs and video games.

I just sent an e-mail to the professor telling him I hate him and I hate his class. He responded by telling me to contact university health services. I sent him another emailing telling him I hope he burns in hell. I literally don't know what to do and I'm bawling my eyes out right now. I think I'm going to kill myself.
>>
>>24921052
U dun goofed son
>>
>>24921052
what's it on anon?

maybe we can find a way

i have an idea
>>
File: 1449554285671.jpg (44 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
1449554285671.jpg
44 KB, 350x450
>no finals until the week of Christmas
>classes officially end 23rd
>most professors I have are finished and can't just give us finals now and cancel the rest of class
>the other professors are the ones that pretty much live at the college and expect us to have no lives outside of it like them (so high school) and still are giving us work this late

Just let me fucking leave already I want to go the fuck home
>>
>>24921052
... wow I thought robots were at least intelligent autists. 4000 words isn't even that much senpai. Get some cocaine and drill through that shit, would probably only take 5 hours at max
>>
>>24921052

>I just sent an e-mail to the professor telling him I hate him and I hate his class. He responded by telling me to contact university health services.

Actually, this is a good thing. Contact the health center and get them to slap an anxiety diagnosis on you. Afterwards, email your professor an apology email and ask if there is an option to take an incomplete for the class and do the paper later.
>>
>>24921052
>citing the same source twice
what?
>>
File: 192184723095.jpg (341 KB, 1280x901) Image search: [Google]
192184723095.jpg
341 KB, 1280x901
Goodnight, anons.
>>
>>24921128

It doesn't matter. We could choose the topic so long as it was related to Law. We had to turn in assignments early on in the class saying what our topic was going to be. Since I wasn't going to do the paper anyways I said I was going to write a history of Common Law from Sumeria to Medieval England (it wasn't meant to be serious). The professor was confused and said he didn't know Common Law went back that far but he said I was a good student and he was willing to learn about it from me. I literally can't write the paper because I chose an impossible topic. I can't change the topic now because I committed to it when I turned in the initial report.
>>
>>24921305
Goodnight, i bet we both hope we'll die in our sleep so no finals
>>
>>24919555
op where do you go
>>
>tfw reading this thread
>tfw I can pass my classes with the bare minimum by not even showing up to the exam
Thank God for autism and having very few interests
>>
>>24921294

I was supposed to have two sources but I accidentally Ctrl+V and used the first one again. The fucking asshole thought he was being generous when he docked me a point for it rather than failing the paper. Now I'm fucked.
>>
>>24921438

Fuck this sounds familiar...there's something about coming close but not quite getting there that sent me over the edge and caused me to take a leave.

Failed a class with a 58%...just needed 2 fucking points and holy fuck did that just make me flip the fuck out.

It will pass though anon, roll with it for now but you'll come to look at this as a laughable memory, a 'bump in the road' of sorts.
>>
>>24921438
If you have monies you could hire your paper
>>
>>24921511

Its due in 10 hours and anybody who could write it is asleep.
>>
what do you do if you fail a class?

Im doing fine in 3 of my 4 classes, but my computer science course i blew off a lot. I got a few C's on the quizzes and mostly A's on the homeworks, but since i missed so many classes she said she might fail me anyway even though my grade was looking to be a C+.

what do?
I wasnt skipping for no reason either, i had a lot of shit goin on with my family (people in hospital, dad losing job and I thought i might have to drop out cause he couldnt help pay anymore, just general stressful shit)
>>
>>24921581

Retake if necessary, otherwise just keep progressing along.
>>
>>24921307
Just creatively reinterpret common law to mean the un-codified laws applied by the courts in a mostly-consistent manner.

I don't know shit about Sumeria, but I'd start with the Hammurabi's code and make conjectures about the legal culture that it solidified. Move on to the Jews and talk a bit about how laws were applied in Judges in the bible, maybe with some shit about Assyria and the Persians. Next talk a bit about the traditions in Athens, the legal traditions of the Roman republic, then the empire, then Byzantium. Maybe a bit about un-codified law in the Germanic tribes before Charlemagne before moving on to Frankish common law itself. Finally move through the various peasant revolts and into actual common law. Download PDFs of history text books, quote mine them, and use them as your sources.

Come on, you've got 4000 years to compress into twelve pages. That's like 450 years per page, and you can probably spend five of them on Rome.

Get something workable, and if you think it's shitty, then go to the Professor and beg for forgiveness and tell him that you thought you could do it, but you bit off more than you can chew.
>>
>>24919555
>engineering
>chem 1
>failing
It only gets harder. I was straight As until my uppder division classes and now I scrape by with Cs. Drop out before you regret it. You don't want to be one of those people who switch majors 3 years in because they keep failing.
>>
>>24921621
I understand that, and I know it gets harder, but I never once sat down and actually did any chemistry homework until yesterday when I was studying for the final I had today. I'm acing all my other classes, but I just kept blowing chem off because I had an intense hatred/dislike geared towards it. Plus the University I go to has a high retention rate and although the kids are smart, it's not because of them entirely. The University is student focused and committed to helping out all the college kiddies, and most of the profs here are generally good. There are a ton of ways to get help and/or get involved.

I want to see how far I can go nigga it's about the journeyy.
>>
>take-home final for Physics given on Monday, due in less than two hours
>no chance of passing the class with a C- even if I get 100% on the final
>grow cynical and bitter
>consider dropping out
>glanced over it just now, it's nearly impossible to do

Should I try? Just for the sake of dignity?
>>
Fuck chemistry

I thought it would be fun but its all tears and sadness and studying for shit that you dont see till the test day

Exams are insane but thank god for our 50% class average because this curve helps my grade a lot
>>
>>24921816
My class average is a 43% and we don't get a curve, for some reason..
>>
>>24919555
I... I think I'm gonna make it
>first semester
>was a D/F student in high school because robot
>go to community college
>don't know anyone, doesn't matter, just do my shit and leave
>tfw straight As
>two finals back to back today
>pic related, got my third essay back (25% of our grade)
>even though my exam was shit, it's my last grade and it's done.
>>
>>24921865
Dat blackboard learn. I didn't think much of it at the CC I went too, but I transferred to uni and have to deal with some piece of shit they paid millions for and has about 80% uptime.
>>
File: 5052.jpg (226 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5052.jpg
226 KB, 600x600
>>24921607
>>24921496
>>24921182

Okay, I've decided to make amends and do this. I can do this Anons, I can do this.
>>
>>24921997
I would leave out that last bit, and also his email.
>>
>>24922056

I already sent it
>>
>>24921989
It does alright. Thankfully none of my professors make us submit things or do coursework through it. It's pretty based just for checking grades
>>
>>24921997
Arizona State stop fucking advertising here

t. New Jersey
>>
>>24922063
Well, that's... hmm... okay then. Bad card to play, but you're going to have to roll with it then.

You have work to do.

>>24922084
I have to enable pop ups, and click "generate report" and wait up to two minutes to see my grades, which often fails if too many people are doing the same thing.

Thankfully, few classes use it. But you do have to use it to schedule proctored exams and enroll in classes, which has the same problems as looking at grades.
>>
>>24922177
The nearby universities got jewed with similar clusterfuck software
I'm planning to stay at CC as long as possible. my tuition is only $76 per credit, and most of the time we don't use the textbooks.
Plus, the sjws haven't taken over yet
>>
Robots, could you detail for me what good studying habits are supposed to look like? I'm supposed to start as a mid-year student, and my high school I don't think conveyed good studying habits well.
>>
>>24922572
do it daily, like brushing your teeth or something. Don't cram, you won't remember shit. College is more about understanding concepts than memorizing factoids.
Take notes. Even if you never review them (I don't) just the act of writing information down can ingrain it into your memory, and it also forces you to pay attention to the lecture
Ignore the textbook. Your professor will probably put their slidshows online. Review those.
>>
>>24922572
1. Not posting in /uni/
2. Not playing video games
3. Not shitposting
4. Not shitposting on your phone
5. Not reading unrelated books
6. Not opening 500 wikipedia tabs and getting sidetracked
7. Not getting so bored you start doing housework
8. Not taking a 15 minute break every 5 minutes
9. Not fapping
10. Not daydreaming
>>
>essay gets graded
>100% somehow
>pretty sure I majorly botched it because I realized I had a fact wrong, and was often referencing it

hey, if a grader comes to this thread, you guys can be based. luv ya
>>
>>24922572

Take thorough notes and use study guides if they're available.

Rereading a book isn't really helpful unless you write things down that you think are important.

Really, the stuff you write are the only things you can trust yourself to remember.
>>
>wrote essay worth 50% overall grade in an hour and a half
>took Japanese Oral exam with out studying
>got 100%
>finals begin next week
>haven't studied yet

We'll I guess some things worked out
>>
>>24919555
>Be in my chemistry class
>1 hour lecture with 10 slides worth of information every week
>stuck in room with no A/C and about 100 students
>65% average on midterm one
>54% average on midterm 2
>Curve still isnt helping me because manage to get a D with the curve on both midterms
>Decide to study my ass off
>Final comes around
>Nothing I studied helped at all

Im just gonna study English I had more fun listening to my teacher and writing essays.
>>
>>24919626
>graveyard shift
>not amazing
>>
>>24922916
forgot to mention 10 slides a class with 3 classes a week
>>
>>24922572

A little bit each day, without procrastination.

In other words, a nearly impossible challenge. Try to make it appeal, difficult as that may be.
>>
File: Shiggy.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>24921052
>I have a 4000+ word essay due tomorrow and I haven't even started it yet. It counts for 40% of my grade. I was planning to not do it but get 100% credit on everything else so I could pass with a D-.

Nobody can be this retarded right
NOBODY CAN BE THIS RETARDED RIGHT.
>>
File: 1407100782488.jpg (32 KB, 620x455) Image search: [Google]
1407100782488.jpg
32 KB, 620x455
>took my last final
>did pretty well, knew everything what I was supposed to talk about except for one minor issue on one part that slipped my mind (still bullshitted my way into a passable answer)
>turned in my final paper, worth 90% of my grade in one course
>went way over the page requirement and took my sweet ass time in editing it to make sure I got everything right

Feels good not being an autistic failure at life like >>24921052

Feel like celebrating, but I'm fucking tired today after working on this shit for close to 12 hours today.
>>
>>24919555
>>24921621
>>24921816
>>24921732
Jesus, people in my uni say that general chemistry is a weedout course but I always thought it was a meme.

But seriously, how is gen chem not trivial? I got credit all the way up until orgo from high school credits. My entire high school does university level gen chem courses in 11th grade apparently.
>>
>>24923879
You have to spend a few years weeding the stupid ones out so they don't kill themselves so the upper level material.
>>
>>24921766
I know you're still here. The only way you won't regret it is if you study your ass off regardless if you know your fate. Its only then you can be at peace.
Basically what I'm saying is don't do it for the grade do it for yourself.
do it for me
>>
File: 1444861052459.jpg (85 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444861052459.jpg
85 KB, 300x300
>mfw I was seriously thinking about signing up for a dance class yesterday to dance with qts
wew, I don't know what I was thinking lads
>>
>>24923879
The problem with chem is that it isnt like HS chem where you get projects and tests every week.

I get a one test every two weeks covering 2 to 3 chapters. You'll never see review ever in the class and we move onto new things every time we have a lecture or the professor says something important and while writing it down he is already on the next slide. They do their homework through a website so there are no papers to grade/practice on by writing it out.

Don't even get me started on how the tests dont even look like the problems he gives you. Nobody does that and half of them are Multi part questions so if you dont know one part kiss your points goodbye

If I had only chem I'd be doing way better. But Im just scrapping by with a C/C- because I have English II, Calc II, History, and a GS class.
>>
>>24924322
I've seen the exams that my roommate does in gen chem and they don't seem to be as challenging as HS chem.

http://www.cie.org.uk/images/164950-2016-specimen-paper-4.pdf

If by HS chem you mean like AP, then I don't know since I don't have experience with that.
>>
Anyone here /shorttermemory/? I just skim the book 15 minutes before the test and answer as fast as I can.
>>
Got a linear algebra exam next Friday and I know almost nothing. Only one math course left after this one so at least there is that. The whole course is just so weird. It's nothing like the math courses I have had before.
>>
File: 1434150157536.jpg (562 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1434150157536.jpg
562 KB, 1000x1502
>>24921052
I mean I know it was bad, but you didn't have to go and make it worse. If you'd explained yourself you probably could've scrounged up something. Sorry to say, but you were as autistic as you could be.
>>
>tfw I have a math exam (mostly elementary proofs, but I'm no good at it) today, on Saturday, and I haven't studied at all
>can't stop shitposting and reading books
>>
>>24924975
Linear Algebra is the last math course with lots of calculations (assuming you've taken Calculus already). After that is discrete math, which is mostly proofs and stuff.

I have to tell you: you probably will not pass linear algebra by cramming. Sorry.
>>
>>24924532
What the fuck,u can't do that in 2 hours.
>>
Damn, the lot of you are getting miserable grades. I'm wondering what the hell your parents say to you.
>>
>>24921052
>it's graded on a pass or fail basis and I don't have enough time. The professor says he'll pass any completed paper so long as it's obvious it wasn't done in one night.

The paper is graded pass/fail... why the fuck weren't you planning on doing the paper?
>>
>>24925793
I know that brother. The last math course that I have left is discrete math 2. I already took discrete math 1 last year, and mathematical logic earlier this year. I checked the course paper for discrete math 2 and it seems to have quite a lot of stuff that I already know from those two courses.

I was quite on board with linear algebra the first half of the course but the second half I was just coasting and didn't learn much. I have no idea how to do a fucking linear transformation or how to find a basis of a subspace and shit.
>>
File: o-SHIA-LABEOUF-facebook.jpg (65 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-SHIA-LABEOUF-facebook.jpg
65 KB, 2000x1000
studying psychology, I can't get to study while everyone's doing it.
Just downloaded dragon quest whatever its name is, I'm not feeling fucked but it might as well be that since I only play, shitpost and sleep
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY THAT COULD MAKE ME STUDY, DO IT
>>
>>24921052
>>24921997
If you're still around and this is legit, you can get a mental health diagnosis and an extension because you're clearly insane and/or retarded anxious.

Call the university health / mental health department right the fuck away and tell them your situation and.. well.. they'll pretty much just know you're crazy. You're a bit crazy, anon.
>>
Don't worry OP, I've got ya!
>>
>>24926794
>someone doing something kind
>on /r9k/
Wew lads
>>
>>24926794
That was genuinely thoughtful of you, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 917x871
> in engineering
> had 3 exams during one week
> one of them goes well
> almost pass the second one because of a small mistake
>do horribly in the third one
>parents get angry at me, call me a loser and say they expected me to fail
>they say that, if I don't pass the next exams, they'll remove me from uni, because "we have no money for you"
>tell them I could start working part-time to pay my studies
>they get angry, and say that they'll kick me out of our house if I do that
>would have no place to go, since I have no friends and the campus wouldn't accept me this late
>>
>>24926794

What if the prof thinks that your anonymous message is either OP using a separate email account, or a friend who OP put up to defending his case?
>>
>>24927417
I really don't think OP could look much worse right now. He pretty much dug himself to rock bottom with the professor.
>>
>>24927448

Yeah...you don't go off on people like that over email. Hopefully your tactic works and the teacher has mercy.

From the professor's point of view though, I'd suspect OP had rigged this somehow.

In any event, it was kind of you to try to help. I wouldn't have thought to do so.
>>
File: 81YAQ95YqML._SX522_[1].jpg (18 KB, 522x523) Image search: [Google]
81YAQ95YqML._SX522_[1].jpg
18 KB, 522x523
>>24919939
I commute to college but still have to deal with the same shit. My sister does the same shit. (screaming her head off with Skype friends while playing League)
Ask someone for this for Christmas.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KUHFGM?keywords=sound%20maker&qid=1449920280&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5
>>
>>24919939
I don't understand. I play league and die as often as anyone else. There have been many times where my teammates jumped in, stole my kills, and sacrificed me.

How do people get mad about this stuff and yell? I just think "Meh, it's just a game." and carry on playing after I respawn. People are weird.
>>
Does anyone here actually use the '5 minute break every 30 minutes' study plan? I tried it but it just destroys my workflow and I end up spending more time getting back into my work.

These days I just study for hours at a time and only take a break when I feel like it, which is once every 2 hours or so.
>>
>>24928234
More or less the same, whenever I actually get into the studying then I'll just take a break ever few hours. If I just cannot get motivated then the 5 and 30 thing is decent to actually get something done though
>>
>>24921607
Lawfag and historyfag here, Roman law is the complete opposite of common law, it's civil law. Pretty much everything you have is more civil than common, common law is a peculiarly English concept.
>>
>8 page paper due Monday
>haven't started
>too depressed to do anything

I hope you all pass your classes.
>>
>2 lab reports due on tuesday
>5 exercises due on Friday
Tough weekend ahead lads, but It's possible.

Bad thing is that one of the labs didn't go well and I'll have to borrow another guy's results.
>>
>>24926794
The prof already knows that his student is unstable and is already willing to help in any way possible. The whole course is graded on participation.

Neither the prof nor anon need you to broker a deadline (and to suggest that he'll have it done in a week without having addressed CRIPPLING ANXIETY is silly).
>>
>General Chemistry
>Weedout
Try organic or synthetic you babbys
Don't fucking cry about general to my face
>>
I thought I was depressed when I was in school, then I graduated and realize how good I had it then and how poorly I have it now. It's like a depression slide: wee! If tomorrow is worse then that means today is better.
>>
>>24927253
Holy shit anon
did you parents go to uni?

Engineering is by far one of the most difficult majors disregarding the memes on here that say otherwise.
>>
File: 1449356674113.png (126 KB, 200x323) Image search: [Google]
1449356674113.png
126 KB, 200x323
>pass everything
>one dumb teacher didn't put my grade
>get 0 at subject
>will have to wake up early next week to go to uni fix it
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>24928828
my dad studied for less than a year economics before dropping out for economical problems, while my mother barely finished a semplified high school.

I'd actually be the first person in our family to study seriously, but they care more about being seen as a nice family with a normal son, and to them, the fact that their son is slightly behind with exams in one of the most difficult universities in my country isn't normal, because they think it is something that would greatly embarass them to the eyes of the others
>>
>>24929126
please anon, just suffer for these four years and just don't let your parents get to you with their bs

if they keep pressing you like this, remind them of where they came from and that if they don't want you to end up like them, they have to be supportive.

or at the very least, they shouldn't shit on you for things like that
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.