[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can rent handguns at a shooting range, right? If so, would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1288919684160.jpg (33 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1288919684160.jpg
33 KB, 512x384
You can rent handguns at a shooting range, right? If so, would it possible to rent a handgun to kill myself with? I mean, it would kind of suck for the range owner to have someone do that, but what the fuck do I care, I'll be dead.
>>
that would actually be hilarious. You would ruin the poor guy's life though. Just buy one no?
>>
>>24795736
I can't afford a fucking handgun. Why do you think I want to kill myself?
>>
>>24795682
assholes like you stopped the whole handgun rental thing.
>>
>>24795750
if twelve hundred dollars is the difference between you living and dying you are a huge faggot.
>>
>>24795682
if you do that at least leave a note to the owner saying you're sorry and what not.
>>
>>24795753
Wait, so you can't rent them anymore?
>>
>>24795920
Just buy some shit like a mosin nagant and shoot yourself. Cheap as fuck.
>>
>>24795807
>twelve hundred
you can get one for like two hundred, easy.

Unless you're in some third-world commie shithole I guess. Like Britain.
>>
>>24795682
Yes. I've gone to a shooting range before and rented a gun. Would have been super easy to end it right there. The only thing stopping me was the small chance that the next bullet might hit dead center on the target and I'd be like "nice."

None of them did. Fucking gambler's fallacy.
>>
>>24795750
get a credit card you dummy
>>
>>24795920
Nope. Not unless you bring a buddy with you. Most ranges won't even let you shoot your own guns alone now.
>>
this is fairly common and a lot of ranges make new shooters bring someone their first time to prevent this.
>>
My range requires you to bring a buddy to rent any guns.

Also, there's the very possible chance that you won't die instantly and will instead lie there bleeding out or suffer brain damage and shit.
>>
>>24796018
>>24795753
Completely false.
I go the range every weekend by myself.
>>
>>24795682
The fact that people are from time to time thinking of methods which I had considered thoroughly during my own pseudosuicidal spell makes me wonder... it's not that I was serious during it, it's just people seem so incompetent. Only thinking about using a shooting range, or combining methods, or cooking poison, or considering things such as the state you're going to be found in... rarely. It's as if they were even less serious than myself.
>>
you know that "no singles" bait that gets posted here sometimes?

yeah, gun ranges actually have this on their rental policy because lots of people had the same idea about offing themselves with a rented pistol. they won't let you rent a gun if you come in alone.

most gun ranges, anyway. there might be a few left that haven't adopted that policy yet.

but it's really not that difficult to scrape together 500 dollars to just buy a used gun.
>>
>>24796054
>Most=All

Uh huh.
>>
>>24796250
It's no where near most. I've been to several ranges in two different states and I've never been turned back for showing up by myself.
They would lose so much profit if they did that, the majority of their customers are guys that just show up for some practice on their own for a bit.
>>
>>24796018
Lmao where do you live? All ranges near me allow this. 99% of people use the range to zero sights before deer season. They bring a couple rifles and do it alone...
>>
People do that. But don't be a dick. Renting a gun like that at a range with all the expenses would probably be $50+. A cheap single barrel break action is like $100, and shells are maybe $10. If you can throw together $50, I'm sure you can get the rest.
>>
>>24795682
Worst thing about being a Bong is that this will never be an option to me.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.