[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I create a new imageboard /r9k/? Maybe make one without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: nimetön.png (861 KB, 595x595) Image search: [Google]
nimetön.png
861 KB, 595x595
Should I create a new imageboard /r9k/?

Maybe make one without a domain so it scares normies away because they have to type in the ip address.
>>
sure senpai tb quite h
>>
Good idea mang
>>
>>24791672
Please.

HURRY.
>>
File: jgfbfgkkfj.png (576 KB, 596x594) Image search: [Google]
jgfbfgkkfj.png
576 KB, 596x594
>>24791672
Anyone actually interested?

Bumping with semen demon
>>
Do it senpai, it will make me cum.
>>
We secret club now :^)
>>
Go for it, but it'll be hard
To add to it, you should make some sorta secret way to get in or something, that way normies stay out
>>
>>24792813
Its not that hard really, there is free software out there for making an imageboard. Only thing really holding me back is that I don't want to rent a server for nothing.

I'm not sure about a secret way, I could probably make it password protected but then nobody will be able to get in unless I share the password which would make it kind of useless.
>>
>>24792903
Wouldn't one board be sorta pointless?
Are you thinking about making multiple boards or just an r9k replacement?
Also, yeah, I just figured cash reasons and coding

As for secrecy, idk either.
Some kind of quiz thing where if you scored out of robot range you'd not be allowed on would be cool, course normies would click robot answers on purpose
Password wouldn't work since normies would find out
Can't think of anything else...

Either way, they only come to 4chan because it's 4chan, this new image board wouldn't get as much traffic because it's not as mainstream
>>
File: 1449403480616.jpg (41 KB, 700x638) Image search: [Google]
1449403480616.jpg
41 KB, 700x638
>tfw 711chan is down
>tfw no place for the big boys to play
>>
yeah op do it fagget
>>
>>24791672
Make one where claming to be a woman gets you instantly banned for ever.
We absolutely need a men only board.
>>
>>24793003
I'm not sure about the boards or anything, I just came up with this idea of making a new imageboard a few hours ago.

I also think normies wouldnt want to browse a slow and obscure board. I also think making the site without a domain would make it too hard for the average normie to find, as it wouldnt show up on google and you would have to type the ip adress to the browser.
>>
>>24793153
I second this
But also, if a woman does show up they should be forced to show tits or they get banned...Then after they show tits they should get banned anyway
>>
>go into hosts file
>type in: ip_address antinormieboard
>save it
Now, I just have to type in antinormieboard and it directs me to it.

Robots BTFO.
>>
>>24793239
They/you most likely still won't wanna be there seeing as it'll be slow and less built compared to 4chan
>>24793201
Ayy man, I think it's a good idea
If you sell out a bit and get some fellow robots to help out you can get the ball rolling
As long as we dont get any school shooters or anything we'll stay off the grid and good
>>
>>24793288
I already tried an imageboard script on a local server, and I got it working. About selling out though, I have absolutely no idea how to get advertisements going.
>>
>>24791672
Who is that semen demon?
I want to blow my load inside her assn
>>
>>24793288
hey senpai i have to get off the computer soonish but can you keep posting updates here? I want in on this new board and i dont want to forget about it
>>
>>24793288
>sell out
Pls no
>>
>>24793359
Neat man, keep it going
Yeah that's what I meant the ads, I guess try asking Hiro or something
It's probably something simple though but I've got no idea either, I've never made a website
>>24793367
Like above, I meant ads
That way OP's not pooling in all his money for this
>>24793366
Ayy man, I'm not OP
But yeah, OP keep us updated every once in a while until it's done
>>
>>24793362
Semen demon is cecibel vogel

>>24793367
Selling out is most likely not necessary as I can get a cheap vps server from ovh for like 10 euros. It should be enough to get started.

>>24793366
OP here, it's late where I live so I'm probably gonna go sleeping in half an hour or so. I can look into this idea more tomorrov and on tuesday.
>>
plz make an /r9k/ where we can have meetup or steam threads. I just want to be able to make friends with people I can relate to, is that so much to ask for?
>>
>>24793461
>euros
That's why
Here in America designing a site costs like $60 dollars at the cheapest, like 600 dollars if you want a more advanced developing system

Good luck, OP
I really hope you don't drop the idea
>>
>>24793425
>Ayy man
Stop talking like this, you sound 2010 stupid
>>
>>24793582
I can promise to try.

And even if the whole thing fails, I wasted 10 euros and a bit of time, so nothing too much to worry about.
>>
>>24791672
Enjoy your shitty no traffic one thread a month imageboard, faggot
>>
>>24793461
Ayo mang where in europe are you
Austria reporting in
>>
>>24793657
Honestly this is probably the best case scenario but I still fully support you op. However I don't think you need a password or anything like that. An obscure /r9k/ reference for the website name would probably suffice. You want it easy to access so it'll get traffic but also not get popular enough to where it becomes infested with shit posting. However, if somehow it does get popular then just enjoy the sites early years until it too becomes like 4chan and gets lamer and lamer each year
>>
>>24793631
WAIT
HOL UP
>>
Sure, give it a shot!
>>
>>24791672
As long as you ban normalfags, it would be a good idea.
If you're just going to make it like /r9k/ with lax rules then it's kinda pointless.
>>
File: avatar_6914989_b_1401022072.gif (335 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
335 KB, 150x150
>yfw a bunch of other sites have /r9k/ clones that were started when the board was deleted the first time
>wizard and infinity already exist
>if you start an imageboard it will suck because no traffic
>15 unique user posts, 1 new post a day, a new thread every 3 or 4 days
>you're slower than 99 but nowhere nearly as good because your board is populated with disgruntled robots instead of disgruntled 7 and 78 users from 2008

If you do this, OP, you'll basically end up with a dead board with no users. It's hard to gain traction with a new imageboard. Your best bet if you are frustrated with /r9k/ is to try any of the myriad other boards out there that don't have the mainstream press that 4chan has received over the years. Try 7, try 420 (I find 420's music production board and TV/movies boards are excellent and their /b/ often strikes me less like 4chan's /b/ and more like a more stream-of-consciousness combo of 99, /r9k/, and 7 circa 2007.

You'll never get any kind of userbase if your board concept is "/r9k/ but harder to find so no normies. Also fewer posters." If you want a userbase, you have to offer something unique or be building on an already established IRC or imageboard community (like how 7 started with people who found 4chan's /b/ too cluttered with spam and memeshitposting; or how 99 started with a crew of 7chan irc regulars who didn't like the moderation policy on 7).

Chances are if you're just offering a slower, more isolated take on something that already exists, it will fall flat.
>>
>>24793750
Northern Finland here

>>24793657
>>24793817
I'm too a bit afraid it will fail, but I have always wanted to try out hosting a website anyway, so even in the worst case scenario I will at least learn something.
>>
>>24793969
>Northern Finland here
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY PEKKA
>>
>>24794045
My thanks :^)
>>
>>24793631
Hello sir
That better?
>>
Does anyone remember that cowtit thread from last night? I can't find it in the archive
>>
>>24794361
>cowtit thread from last night
>>24773326
>>
>>24794639

You're a legend
>>
>>24791672
You... can't actually do that?

IP addresses are constantly changed by the ISPs. That's the whole point of having a domain registry to keep track of them.

The only people who could access your site would be on your own local network.
>>
>>24793461
>Cecil Vogel
She's engaged and I can't find any nudges of her.
Help?
>>
>>24793153
>claiming to be a girl gets you instantly banned forever
What is wizchan?
>>
>>24791672
make an imageboard dedicated to Lain
>>
>>24793153
How do we verify that everyone browsing the board is a man?
>>
>>24792663
I would go to it.
>>
>>24793955
>shitty advice literally ignored
>>
>>24793500
>>>/soc/ is where you want to be faggot
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.