[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DXM Addiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 22
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 910x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 910x768
Is anyone else addicted to these fuckers? They're easier to get than weed, they don't show up on regular drug tests, and they don't do as much damage to your body and mind as alcohol. And they make music and movies pretty freaking awesome to listen/watch. It's for these reasons, and the spread of information regarding DXM on the Internet in recent times, that I believe abuse rates are rising.

Taking this shit everyday can't be good for you, right? I've seen guys who can barely strong two words together after chugging a couple robitussins.
>>
File: 1384751093702.jpg (196 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1384751093702.jpg
196 KB, 600x450
>>24594041
>every day

stop that shit, doing it more than once, twice MAX per month will slowly turn you retarded and crazy
>>
>>24594041

I do DXM daily. The trick is to try to get to as low as dose as you can while still feeling satisfied with taking them. Because if you try to just quit, you'll only end up coming back to them a week later at twice the dose.
>>
>>24594074

Gonna need a source for that my friend.
>>
>>24594041
get addicted to kratom instead
either that or buy pure dxm powder because the gells are right up there with alcohol in terms of damage to the renal and hepatic systems.

also using dissociates daily leads to fun things like holes in the brain or something, look up the studies on erowid about it I cant remember the name.
>>
>>24594136

You mean olney's lesions? C'mon man everyone knows that theory has been discredited.
>>
>>24594124
i did it 6 times in a month. things people would tell me would go in one ear and right out the other, like i would forget things said or asked of me even if it ws like 2 minutes ago. misplaced stuff like car keys, phone, wallet, joints, even money.

the weirdest thing tht happened was when i was sitting in the car with my dad in the passengers seat, all of a sudden out of nowhere, i just detached from reality and didnt know what or who i was or where i was or what a car was. it only lasted a few seconds, but feelsweirdman
>>
>>24594041
I did it daily for a few months without realizing how long I was doing it for. Got to the point where I was taking a ~900mg-1000mg just to get high/mid second plat. I feel like it did some brain damage. I would stop while you're ahead and maybe abuse something different. Either way it's all terrible for you, but getting SSRI-discontinuation like brain zaps because you robotrip on a daily/every other day basis on high doses is no fun. Also I feel more miserable now after quitting, could be just because I'm a poly drug addict and I pretty much always crave a high, but I think it affected my seratonin receptors in a negative way.

TLDR: Stop while you're ahead, shit's fun, but there's better drugs out there that do less damage. A simple google search will show how shitty it can be for your body.
>>24594074
Over-exaggeration. While it certainly isn't good for the mind, this sounds like some drugs-forum or tripsit type level of drug paranoia. I'm not saying do it daily, or even twice a month, but you won't suddenly become a retard after a decent period of addiction. Even twice a month over a few years probably wouldn't do what you're claiming, granted it might affect your cognition , but you won't be "retarded and crazy". You sound like the people who think flakka (a-pvp) makes you turn into a madman, when in reality if dosed right, it's better than crack cocaine by far.
>>
>>24594124
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health1.shtml

Enjoy your brain damage.
>>
>>24594230
>a-pvp
shit nigga high five
>>
I used to robotrip in college. Its fun. If I didn't live with my parents and didn't have a job (welfare I guess) I'd do em alot
>>
>>24594041
I can't even look at a liquigel without wanting to throw up these days. It was worth it the first time, but I should have stopped there.
>>
>>24594256

Did you not read it? Literally the first line after the title, author, and version:

>Erowid Note: William White retracted the conclusions of this document in 2004. Please see:
>Carliss et al.'s Research showing no Olney's lesions from DXM in rats, Jun 2007
>Cliff Anderson's Rebutton to this document: 'The Bad News Isn't In', June 2003
>William White's retraction of 'This is your brain on dissociatives', Dec 2004
>>
>>24594256
Olney's Lesions have LITERALLY never been observed in humans, even for the peeps injecting 3-10g of Ket per day. It's pretty funny how retarded anti-drug normies can get.
>>
>>24594395
>>24594340
I'm not the guy who linked the article, but have you spoken to someone who heavily abused DXM for a long time? They aren't right in the head, none of them are.
>>
File: 1448693423642.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448693423642.jpg
504 KB, 1920x1200
what are your favorite things to do on dxm besides the obvious listening to music?

what about movies/shows? vidya? any recommendations? think i'm gonna go for a light 350mg trip tonight
>>
DXM is shit, do ketamine, MXP, or MXE you fucking virgins
>>
>>24594515

>what are your favorite things to do on dxm besides the obvious listening to music?

That's it honestly. I just put on music and lie down so the external world stuff is kept to a minimum.
>>
>>24594451
>the science has not found any evidence of this happening
>m-muh anecdotes
You tried, move on to a different thread.
>>
>>24594544

You're just very suggestible. NMDA antagonists all do the same thing with dose controlling intensity. Heroin used to be sold as a cough medicine too, you'd think that was shit and percocets were the real thing if it were still sold as a cough medicine today.
>>
>>24594544
get out troll

i don't know how buying drugs on the internet works, i'm fine with taking a short walk to the store to get my dxm insted of waiting for drugs to come in the mail

just because you dont like it doesnt mean it's shit. i personally like it a lot, just as much as, if not more than shrooms
>>
>>24594581
Nice meme druggie.
OL has never been proven, but look at other research and DXM abuse surveys by DXM abusers.

http://www.cesar.umd.edu/cesar/drugs/dxm.asp

T. Former drug abuser
>>
>>24594515

I like reading novels and comic books and playing on my ipbone. All the colors look more vivid and juicy and it's easier to picture descriptive scenes in my head.
>>
>>24594591
>NDMA antagonists all do the same thing with controlled dose
Entirely untrue, they also each affect different receptors.

DXM is nothing like MXP, or even 3-meo-pcp, same way ketamine is similar to MXE but at high doses adjusted for kg/weight its different.
>>
>>24594451
It definitely does something to people's cognition in some cases, but it's not due to olney's lesions. I heavily abused dxm for months, as well as mxe for two years daily (up to 5 times a day) and I can confirm it definitely did some shit to my brain, there is no scientific proof that olney's lesions happen to humans. That being said, abusing dissos on a long term basis at high doses does something to the brain, we just don't really know what.
>>24594544
RIP the good ol' days of cheap MXE. China is cracking down heavily on the manufacturing of it and now we'll be seeing $50+ grams, and I bet its much harder to get now as well. A shame, it was much safer than ketamine on the bladder and only a slightly dirtier high. Ketamine is the GOAT (well I haven't had a chance to try pcp yet but I doubt it'll change my opinion on ket being the greatest), but incredibly harmful to the bladder. Of what I've done I'd agree and say DXM is the absolute shit tier, although I heard MXP is pretty shit too (at least compared to MXE and K). Either way, like >>24594594 said, sourcing shit is a pain in the ass sometimes, and I don't feel like getting burned for a bunch of money because a vendor didn't decide to operate like a business.
>>24594591
DXM works on many different receptors as well as having seretogenic action. It's a dissassociative but it's not very similar to Ketamine or MXE. I don't really think you know much about these substances, or at least enough to claim some shit like this.
>>
>>24594515
I like to watch movies and shows while coming up and during light trips. Recommended:
>Felix the Cat
>Courage the Cowardly Dog
>Short Poppies
>Enter the Void
>The Wall
>Brave Little Toaster
>Fritz the Cat
>>
>>24594723

Why did you change what I wrote in the quote?

>they also each affect different receptors

They all have the vast majority of their pharmacological activity at the NMDA receptor.
>>
>>24594581
No evidence of OL, but lots of research showing DXM isn't harmless.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health2.shtml
>>
>>24594773
You realize bringing in a different receptor into play even a tiny bit can massively change the feeling of a substance right?

You're a downright idiot and not only does every anecdotal story go against what you say but research and biochemistry says otherwise too.
>>
>>24594591
>NMDA antagonists all do the same thing
Maybe if they only affected the NMDA receptor, which they don't.
>>
>>24594817

>muh feelings and opinions

Yeah, no. The vast majority of their pharmacological activity is at the NMDA receptor. The differences are in your head because you're suggestible. Deal with it.
>>
File: peepnowords.png (117 KB, 746x688) Image search: [Google]
peepnowords.png
117 KB, 746x688
Does anyone have the link to the site where the guy did all this research on DXM, interviewing like a thousand users and coming up with a calculator for a precise dosage guideline for each of the 4 plateaus based on the body weights of these 1000 people and their experiences?
I don't even have that much of an interest in DXM, but the site was just so well put together and researched that I have a lot of respect for it.
>>
>>24594894
http://dxm.darkridge.com/calc.html
there you go
>>
File: 1321123.jpg (10 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1321123.jpg
10 KB, 300x225
I've gone through some weird shit with this drug

First time me and my bud skipped to the dollar store and basically filled our pockets with dollar dex deals. We each downed 600mg like fools, he ended up in the hospital, I barely even tripped. Though I had a few memory gaps, for example the tripsitter grabbed me by the shirt and slammed me into the closet which I straight up don't recall. Next to the ambulance I started floating while my friend was getting his vitals read so that was wierd too.

Second time was ~300mg alone. My whole body was stuffed into my head which started weighing 300 lbs. I went from severe cold to severe hot and I had the itches real bad. Saw double vision for ~5 minutes, then started coming down.

Never dexing again; weed, shrooms, even alcohol is 10x better
>>
>>24594781
>first 2/3rds of the article is rebutting an already retracted paper
>last bit is how it may cause an unobserved form of brain damage, which would happen with a drug that's 10000x more prevalent but doesn't
You're not even glancing at these articles man. You're just pretending to be retarded right?
>>
>>24594890
Its been a long time since I encountered an idiot as big as you.
Literally every study finds that different NMDA receptor antagonists have very different pharmacological profiles. DXM has high serotogenic activity while MXE has dopaminergic. PCP is am NMDA just like the rest yet its vastly more neurotically damaging.

How can you be this fucking stupid? Like legit explain yourself. Have you even ever taken these drugs or studied them?
>>
>>24594966
damn dude that sucks

some people just react badly to it i guess. did the stuff have ANYTHING other than dxm in it?
>>
>that missing post though
Did someone just get banned or was their post deleted by a mod?
>>
>>24595002

>DXM has high serotogenic activity while MXE has dopaminergic. PCP is am NMDA just like the rest yet its vastly more neurotically damaging.

And all of them have the vast majority of their pharmacological activity at the NMDA receptor. The differences don't account for the majority of what they do, the common activity on the NMDA receptor does.
>>
>>24595041
i dont know man what the fuck just happened to my post
>>
>>24595041
Nvm, the posting system or my cache was just fucking up, lol.
>>
>>24594966
did you take coricidin?
>>
File: 199977.jpg (25 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
199977.jpg
25 KB, 350x350
>>24595004
I'm 100% sure DXM was the only active ingredient, but the 'inactve' stuff thrown into the gel was a long ass list. I've heard people tripping on this too tho so idk. I know a significant portion of the population is missing that liver enzyme which can turn a 200mg trip to a 600mg
>>
>>24595052
You're now not arguing for your original post even.

>NMDA antagonists all do the same thing with dose controlling intensity
This is simply untrue as they don't do the same thing even if you control the dose appropriately as the basic cognitive effects are all different due to the other different receptors they antagonize.

Are you just baiting me or this stupid?
>>
>>24595117

Nothing about my argument's changed. NMDA antagonists all do the same thing. DXM, Ketamine, and MXE have activity at other receptors in very small amounts compared to their activity at the NMDA receptor. These differences are overshadowed by the similarities. The activation at other receptors is a difference, but it's not the primary source of activity among any of the drugs that act as NMDA antagonists. Insofar as they're NMDA antagonists, there is no difference, and insofar as they act as something other than NMDA antagonists, the difference is much smaller than than the similarity they share through their common activity at the NMDA receptor.
>>
>>24595234
YES THEY ARE FUCKING SIMILAR TO AN EXTENT BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM THE SAME CLASS OF DRUGS BUT THEY ARE ALL VERY DIFFERENT ALL IN ALL AS TOLD BY EVERY SINGLE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE THESE DRUGS.

A DXM TRIP OF THE SAME DOSE AS A KETAMINE TRIP AS AN MXE TRIP IS NOT ALIKE. DXM ISNT USED AS AN ANESTHETIC LIKE KETAMINE IS, PCP IS NEUROTOXIC UNLIKE THE OTHER TWO.

http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01221
http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB03575
http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00514

Like can you form a coherent sentence that actually proves or provides sources for your original claim that in specific dosages they all do the same thing?
>>
>>24595234
Dude give up, what you're saying doesn't line up with your original post as your original post was nonsense.

DXM isn't even a primarily NMDA receptor antagonist, its effects are very distinct from ket for instance.
>>
>>24595234
Reminder that both DXM and PCP are NMDA antagonists yet one is an arcocyclohexamine and the other is a morphinan and they are actually very different.
>>
>>24595234
MXE, Ketamine, Diphenidine, DXM and MXP all "do the same thing" but have vastly different subjective effects. Just because it acts on the same receptors doesn't mean qualitatively the experience will be identical.

Understanding why this is, is still a wide open field. Even two compounds with similar binding affinity and ligand profile can produce completely unique experiences, where one can not substitute for the other.
>>
>>24595354

>AS TOLD BY

Anecdotal. What we can say with evidence as opposed to opinion is that they all work primary the same way as antagonists on the NMDA receptor.

https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembldb/index.php/compound/inspect/CHEMBL275528
https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembldb/index.php/compound/inspect/CHEMBL52440
http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/52911279#section=Top
>>
File: dxmreaper.jpg (12 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
dxmreaper.jpg
12 KB, 194x259
>>24594041
I went through a DXM phase about five or six years ago. It's fun when used in moderation. The main reason I don't do it anymore is because the trip lasts FOR FUCKING EVER. It takes at least 8 hours or longer to return to something resembling normal and I got shit to do.
>>
File: dxm.png (72 KB, 681x699) Image search: [Google]
dxm.png
72 KB, 681x699
>>24595407

>DXM isn't even a primarily NMDA receptor antagonist

That's wrong.

https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chembldb/index.php/compound/inspect/CHEMBL52440
>>
The extra stuff in flu meds will make you a burnout
>>
>>24595546
And? That wasn't your original argument at all.

Prove this.

You can't since NMDA antagonists also affect different receptors and produce different effects and neurological changes. There's nothing you can do to make a DXM trip feel like MXE or Ketamine, and that's why the guys opinion was DXM is shit, as it cannot produce the same effects as the other two.

Please say you were trolling all along.
>>
>>24594041
I have two bottles. How many of the gels should I take to have a proper trip? I'm not experienced with drugs or alcohol. I've never really been "high" on any drug except this one and have only done it once. I only took 12 softgels my first time and it felt like that scene in South Park where Mr. Mackey does drugs and his head is on a balloon. My head felt way above my feet and when I stood up it felt like I just kept going. Is that why they call it "high"? It also made me more fascinated with the LED lights from my keyboard and the blinking ones on my modem. And I was more sociable in the beginning, like having a light buzz from beer.
>>
File: 1418281338889.jpg (28 KB, 279x282) Image search: [Google]
1418281338889.jpg
28 KB, 279x282
Are there even any brands of cough shit these days that don't load up with a bunch of random shit to prevent this exact sort of thing?
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>24595590
That doesn't list the amplitude of the receptor selections.

http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00514

This lists them in order.
>>
>>24595629
how many mg in each pill?

id say take 18 or 20
>>
When I did DXM I used pure powder.
Stupidly cheap too. like 15 pound for 2 grams.

When I was aiming for 4th plat all the time it got boring and it did a number on my short term memory so I stopped using it.
>>
>>24595638
yes, they do have them butyou have to look at the backs of the boxes and read the active ingredients. Tussin maximum strength cough, delsym 12 hour(time released, longer trip though and you have to double your normal dose to make up for the lost intensity) if it has ANYTHING OTHER THAH DEXTROMETHORPHAN then do not take it
>>
>>24595707
where did you get it?
>>
>>24595622

>NMDA antagonists also affect different receptors and produce different effects

Drugs like PCP, DXM, and MXE that work as NMDA antagonists also work on other receptors, but they primarily work on the NMDA receptor. It's the same thing with painkillers. That's the reason we have painkiller equivalence charts even though they also work on other receptors to lesser extents. The main thing they do as drugs is determined by the receptor they mostly work on (in the case of painkillers, the opioid receptor, and in the case of recreational dissociatives, the NMDA receptor). Insofar as painkillers are opioids, they do the same thing, and insofar as they aren't, it's negligible to the point where you can talk about equivalent doses between different painkillers and still have meaning.

http://emupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/opiate-conversion-chart.png
>>
>>24595737
every RC shop on the net was selling it around the mid 2000's.
>>
>>24595671
15 mg

>>24595638
I got mine off Amazon. Robitussin softgels. Says this on the bottle:
>Active ingredient: Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 15 mg
>Inactive ingredients: FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, fractionated coconut oil, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, providone, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, sorbitol anhydrides
>>
>>24595743
Opioids aren't disassociatives. You're literally making theories out of thin air by taking the equivalency dosage chart for one type of very uniform drug class and compare it to a biochemically completely different type that just so happens to metabolize very differently while acting on other receptors opiates similar to each other do not nearly on a similar level.

In disassociatives, it's NOT negligible to the point because you cannot talk about equivalent dosages as they do different things, I don't get how you don't understand it. Find me a disassociative conversion chart for medical or even recreational usage for the same effects or purpose and you have a very basic starting point to prove me wrong.

Also don't link a Ketamine to MXE conversion chart as those are extremely different and not part of the original point of DXM vs those.

Consider posting your incoherent ramblings to 420chan's /dis/ board and get proven wrong by dozens of other people.
>>
>>24595107
>DXM HBr

You want DXM hcl. Hbr kicks in faster, harder, and then goes away faster. Hcl will give you a slow come up, longer plat and comedown. If that's still unpleasant well I guess your personality and body chemistry is just averse to it.
>>
>>24595743
>painkillers are disassociatives
the stupidity of this board surprises me every day
>>
>>24594041
DXM abuse makes your dick not work; don't remember where I read it, but after using those exact tabs (dosing about 5.8mg/kg) I had trouble maintaining an erection during/the day after
also the hangover is godawful, it felt like my head was being ripped apart.
>>
>>24595891
>dxm hcl

nigger what
that is pure dxm powder, you aint getting that shit unless you buy lab equipment and chemicals to extract it from robitussin or get it off the deep web
>>
>>24595945
dxm hcl exists in gelcaps retard
hbr is a different chemical
>>
>>24595865
>>24595892

Never said dissociatives and painkillers were similar in experience, just used painkillers as a well known example of another class of drugs where the primary mechanism of action is documented as interchangeable by dose across various different instances of painkilling drugs regardless of the minor activity they exhibit at other unrelated receptors.

>>24595669

We're talking about DXM as a dissociative, which has a much higher dose than DXM as a cough medicine. At dissociative / recreational doses, it's overwhelmingly psychoactive through its NMDA antagonism:

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_physiological.shtml#toc.9.3

>Due to its increasing affinity for PCP2, sigma1, and NMDA receptors respectively (sigma2 is not represented), a low dose will tend to have proportionally more effect on PCP2 receptors, whereas as the dosage increases, these receptors will saturate. Taking more DXM won't change PCP2 levels much, but will still have a fair effect on other receptors.

>Furthermore, the more subtle effects on the PCP2 receptors may be all but obliterated by the effects on sigma1 and NMDA receptors (the differing vertical maxima of the three curves represent this effect). This is entirely reasonable, since sigma1 and NMDA activity seem to both produce fairly profound behavioral effects, the latter more so than the former.

>Thus, the first plateau may correspond to predominantly PCP2 activity with some sigma activity and a little NMDA blocking effect; the second plateau to sigma and some NMDA effects; and the third to profound NMDA blockade.
>>
>>24595945
Nevermind I was thinking of DXM polistirex
>>
>>24596042

This is what you said, this isn't true. The primary mechanism of action is not documented as interchangeable across disassociatives like DXM vs ketamine or mxe, or pcp and ketamine, or pcp and DXM.

Why are you still avoiding your original point. Can you just admit that your original post is wrong?
>>
>>24596059
bingo

thats easy as fuck, you get it from delsym. but its still not pure dxm powder, its still polistirex
>>
File: meme23233.png (10 KB, 310x254) Image search: [Google]
meme23233.png
10 KB, 310x254
>>24594395
>anti-drug normies

lel fuck off

drug users are just loser normies
>>
I thought you couldn't get shit with dxm over the counter anymore?

any guides to doing this shit?
>>
Yeah
I think I might want my old life back
But I don't really remember it
>>
File: 1428958440012.png (34 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1428958440012.png
34 KB, 400x250
>>24594136
I'm addicted to kratom and it's pretty manageable. Very few withdrawal symptoms, just some cravings.

I do DXM from time to time, but I already have schizophrenia so it's not as unusual or fun for me anymore.
>>
>>24596104

Your reason for saying NMDA antagonism isn't the same thing depending on the drug is that different drugs have different effects on other receptors. What you're really saying is drugs that act as NMDA antagonists also act on different receptors, which is different from saying NMDA antagonism in itself is different from drug to drug. You're conflating the thing that acts as an NMDA antagonist with NMDA antagonism and then using that conflation to argue drugs that exhibit that activity can't both have activity on different receptors yet still be the same insofar as they are NMDA antagonists.
>>
>>24596204
NDMA antagonism is the same thing, I never said otherwise.

Yet NDMA antagonist DRUGS are not the same thing and are not interchangeable like said here:

>>
>>24596108
>going to the store
>normie

fuck off, bitter D.A.R.E.fag
>>
>>24594041
I never did gelcaps just chugged. everynow and then I would post about my past addiction on here. In short getting a habit of smaller doses will lead to higher doses. Higher doses will make you take a great liking to DXM and youll be a fullblown dexhead with worse than pothead tier memory and a terrible imbalance of your brain's chemistry that takes much time to fix. I remember becoming very short tempered even though I have ok patience, Depression is unavoidable.

my advice is use with long breaks in between, just I dont see anyone taking it recreationally having the willpower to not give in to frequent doses.

good luck will answer any questions
>>
>>24596204
Dissociatives bind to non-NMDA receptors and it causes a very noticeable difference between them. DXM is more serotonin-ey, PCP is more dopamine-ey, MXE has serotonin and opiate affinity, ketamine's a mix of them all, they all have different action on the sigma receptor, etc. You can make an equivalency chart for something like anaesthesia and I'm sure there's one out there, but not for recreational use because the different affinities have different effects on the trip.
>>
>>24596300
i did it 6 times in a month period. its been about 45 days since i last dosed. do you think i'll be fine if i keep it to a once per month basis?
>>
>>24596300
I only do it once every few months. I just did it on thanksgiving and have no intentions of doing it anytime soon.
>>
>>24594729
You seem quite smart, despite years of reported abuse. Did you notice more of an adverse impact on your intelligence or your emotions (or were both equally diminished)?

Sorry, I don't know much about DXM abuse- let alone its side effects.
>>
File: 1429283064193.png (156 KB, 1040x540) Image search: [Google]
1429283064193.png
156 KB, 1040x540
>>24594729
There's actually a bill in the States out there that would make MXE illegal, it contains a shit ton of research chemicals too. From what I saw it's not likely to pass though, Congress is pretty fickle.

I used to think that MXE was gonna be like the LSD of our generation and it would send ripples throughout all of our society and be the final tipping point of the American youth (all this while I was high on MXE of course). It's such a shame it hasn't gained popularity like that. I would love to ride a bus out around the country, handing out MXE to college students for free.
>>
>>24596336
I think on 420chan's dis board they had the plat to week rule, Either it was there or erowid I forgot but the main thing is you give yourself time enough to return to normal, the aftereffects are noticable. 6 times a month seems abit too close imo, once a month is fine.

The main reason why constant dxm use is bad is because it has lasting after effects and is tough on the liver. You need to give some time for your brain to recover however if you are dosing even small amounts frequently its hard for you to function as an adult, similar to smoking pot every night it weaves itself into your lifestyle and takes over shit.

>>24596363
once every few months seems perfect. Its not that I think DXM itself is evil but its mental grasp is difficult to get over. I wish everyone could try out a high 3rd plat at least once. Amazing theres all these things on this planet people are scared of touching or have no idea about
>>
>>24596562
>similar to smoking pot every night

kek, im 18 and smoke like a quarter ounce a week

also, if i take a 350mg 4oz tussin for a probably 1st maybe low 2nd plat, how much should i take for a third? a bottle and a half? 2?
>>
Do you guys have any favorite songs to listen to while on DXM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kKenry2kU

I'm going to take some later and listen to the new Grimes album.
>>
>>24596562
I don't know which plateau I was at, but I was feeling good. I could close my eyes and travel to another world.
>>
>>24596637
Two bottles is pretty safe.
>>
>>24596643
this is going to sound edgy as fuck but i really enjoy tool and nine inch nails tripping

or just instrumental drone/black metal
>>
>>24596643
I like to listen to drone and chanting, it lets me lose myself in the trip more. Sometimes I listen to binaural beats even though I know they're bullshit.
>>
Weed is better. I have a relatively clearer head and recreational use is seeing nationwide acceptance in the states. Im an abuser at heart so I try to stick with the stuff that wont fuck my shit up too bad if I choose to go overboard.
>>
File: 1427323817633.jpg (195 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1427323817633.jpg
195 KB, 500x484
>>24596831
weed stops working after a while

you won't get "high" you'll just feel a little better, get a light mood lift when you smoke it. that's the stage im at. where it's a part of my daily life like coffee is a part of other peoples lives.

now weed really makes my dex trips better though
>>
File: 1392895232132.jpg (6 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1392895232132.jpg
6 KB, 252x252
Anyone else do some spooky shit while on DXM?

One time I crawled into my friend's dream while I was tripping on dex. The next day I asked her if she dreamt about me that night. She said, "yeah actually, I think I saw you in a dream I had" and I asked "10 PM?", which was the time I was tripping, and it freaked her out because that was when she had the dream.
>>
>>24594581
As an abuser of substances myself, its a very dangerous thing to just assume something that fucks with the brain on that deep a level isnt harmful. I dont give a shit if you use, but your doing yourself a disservice thinking like that.
>>
>>24596637
depends on your weight, I was 200 pounds or so at the time.

for me I remember 150-200ish being a decent 1st plat where memory leaked and time just vanished. 300-400 was a decently immersive 2nd plat where you feel the euphoria and music is god tier.

I remember 700-800+was like a High third plateau like a 5oz delsym which was 888mg.

once did 1200mg+ 4th plateau was something else lasted a day and a half would not want to do again.

>>24596660
sounds like a 2nd plat. I used to love just listening to music and doing the same, youtube was so fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3MIRPFHQKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMQL-DJMcVI

I wish vaporwave and all this witchhouse/seapunk shit was big when I started dexing.
>>
>>24596898
Detox for like 3 months and smoke a bunch of a week or two. Makes life golden.
>>
>>24596922
i dont think ive gone beyond the second

after that point, can you still walk? can you speak? i really wouldnt want to be found by my dad like that
>>
>>24597065
Why don't you just do it while you're supposed to be sleeping? You can walk, but it's really weird. Speaking is a no-no, it won't make sense.
>>
File: 1427215232714.png (29 KB, 310x326) Image search: [Google]
1427215232714.png
29 KB, 310x326
Is it worth it to combine anti-histamines with DXM? I've heard they make the trip more trippy.

How much should I do?
>>
>me
>addictive personality
>try DXM
its fucking over
ive gotta stop
>>
>>24597258
dont take much. 100mg dph, or 4 benadryls at the very most. weed is much better to combine with dxm than dph though..
>>
File: 1443878653619.png (125 KB, 448x548) Image search: [Google]
1443878653619.png
125 KB, 448x548
>>24597258
S P I D E R S
P
I
D
E
R
S
>>
>>24597065
been caught several times back in the day.

3rd plat you can hardly walk, its dangerous to walk because you immediately lose balance and all your nerves are numb. speaking is a no no especially towards people who shouldnt see you in that state. You can talk but it doesnt mean youll get your message across people will just laugh at what you said without thinking fully.
>>
>>24594041
>and they don't do as much damage to your body and mind as alcohol.
Dude, do you not know about the 'wait one week for every plateau' rule?

Dissociatives should be used sparingly because they can fuck you up mentally.

DXM is less safe than Ketamine, MXE, and PCP.
>>
>>24597311
the thing im worried about is being caught

my dad is alcoholic and has shitty sleep, like he wakes up in the middle of the night and stuff. im probably just going to be lying on my bed watching metalocalypse or ATHF, but if he like asks me a question or has something to say to me or something it could get hairy.

that's what is scaring me from going higher than lvl 2
>>
>>24596922
The afterglow is pretty comfy too. I remember asking my friend if I was gonna be stuck like that forever.
>>
File: 1409317039454.jpg (76 KB, 393x315) Image search: [Google]
1409317039454.jpg
76 KB, 393x315
>>24597367
>PCP is safer

are you russlin' my man?
>>
>>24594591
What >>24594868 said
MXE affects serotonin receptors more so while Ketamine affects serotonin and mu-opiod for example.

>>24597419
>M-muh insane crazy murderer on PCP stories.
PCP just has a bad rep as LSD has a bad rep, for the 'He thought he turned into a glass of orange juice!' stories.

PCP is not much different than other dissociatives in chemical structure and effects.
>>
File: 1367889358789.jpg (1 MB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
1367889358789.jpg
1 MB, 1500x844
>>24596914
yep ended up having my ex gf find me in the bathtub talking in tongues because i thought I was telepathically killing dirty dan from cuny chan, ended up thinking god was possessing me and I grabbed her and told her everything would be alright blahahah and ended up going to the hospital where i flipped out on a janitor and was screaming at him that I knew he was dirty dan. Which in case landed me in the psych ward where the psychosis continued for another 3 weeks because I thought I could read peoples mind and that I was a figure like jesus or something. I wish i was making this up be careful with this shit kids
>>
>>24597460
It's more intoxicating though, too much so for my tastes. It wears off pretty clean though.
>>
>>24597258
once I tried 400/400 combo dxm dph

took some time to start working. felt kinda itchy hot maybe something was off. Saw my arm hair and was abit spooked because I noticed the spider phenomenon 1st time.

abit more time and I close my eyes see some infrared/heat vision shit of my enviroment.

only thing I remember was laying on my bed delirious thought of a world of warcraft action figure set shit I saw for kids. it triggered random thoughts and I was too stupid to realize I was literally seeing the lich king zombie dragons flying around in my room.

Was like ohh... that isnt normal? is it?

then kept hearing this robotic monotone voice saying some speech faster than I could even think or process it kept talking but I wasnt mentally capable enough to come up with what it was saying fast enough so it freaked me out.

but yeah weed is the best combo for dxm. dph just makes for a crazy trip
>>
File: 1435413085980.png (13 KB, 799x799) Image search: [Google]
1435413085980.png
13 KB, 799x799
>>24597488
god, how does shit like this happen?

i've never come close to losing my shit on drugs, how do people get "landed in the psych ward"
>>
I actually prefer Salvia Divinorum as my favorite Dissociative. It's like a mixture of weed, a dissociative, and a psychedelic.

Any other /salvia/ bros here?
>>
File: 1389566311860.jpg (13 KB, 174x177) Image search: [Google]
1389566311860.jpg
13 KB, 174x177
>>24597563
Some people just ain't wired for it, man.
Someone can be completely normal and functional on the outside but as soon as the brain encounters something it has no idea what the fuck to do with, it freaks the hell out and its chemistry is thrown off for quite a damn long time.
If you're not built for it, or even if your emotional state just isn't where it normally is, throwing something like DXM into the mix can just send the dominoes out of control.
Spooky shit, but who can resist those dank highs, ya know?
>>
>>24597396
trust me just stick to 1st and 2nd plats I had much more fun having nights of smal doses just being amused with the effects and music.
>>
File: 1430310710526.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1430310710526.gif
1 MB, 350x272
what are dxm visuals like? im the guy who never passed lvl2, never really got "visuals" except for like zoning out in my head thinking i was somewhere else, like outside at my fireplace, or at some place i was at earlier in the day, but then i'd "snap back" and realize i was just in bed

pic related was what stuff looked like on mushrooms 3.5g
>>
>>24597761
Floating around through holes and alien landscapes and over cities and through space. Lots of floating mostly.

MXE visuals are better, I was like on a Havana beach with naked Indian goddesses dancing before me.
>>
>>24597761
It takes a high 3rd plat to really see shit, with your eyes closed or open. They just look like those shitty watch this while high videos on youtube where theres swirls and expanding shapes.

Its not very common and most of the time you are too busy wondering if the soap opera tv special you are watching in your head that never existed is going to be canceled or not because you really are into that show.

listening to music with eyes closed sometimes triggers it. just it takes such a high dose that you wont really give a shit about folding shapes when you are going through ego death and questioning reality.
>>
>>24597563
anon I have no clue I had done it a good 20 times in high school as well as all sorts of other hallucinogens like mushrooms, acid, research chemicals, ketamine whatever. I quit all drugs for about 3 years due to an opiate addiction I formed and ended up having bronchitis so I took the shit, felt a lil funny and was like "hey this stuff was fun back in high school why don't I just eat a whole bottle like back in the day?" which turned into a 3 day binge with no sleep.
>>
>talking to girl I met on /r9k/
>she does DXM, she asks if I wanna trip with her
>sure, why not? (later found out she tripped every day and she had a serious problem)
>we're both getting really high
>she starts taking off all her clothes
>she shows me herself peeing
>she lies down on the front porch of her house, pantsless
>don't know what to do because I'm blazed out of my mind
>she runs off somewhere and the call ends
>figure that she's dead but she comes online the next day
>>
>>24597460
PCP is incredibly neurotoxic, when smoked at least.
>>
File: 1421092375963.jpg (294 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1421092375963.jpg
294 KB, 960x1280
Is anyone else addicted to kratom? I get chills if I don't get it every day
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.