[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Times you got shit for not drinking/ for drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 21
File: _.jpg (63 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
63 KB, 550x550
This happened yesterday evening, still pretty put out about it, just gotta get it off my chest.

>yesterday evening
>friend invited me to his 21st birthday
>he was throwing a house party
>has renovated his shed into a home bar
>pretty cool, lights and everything
>I don't really drink, but whatever
>everybody heads up for the first round
>Cider, Guinness, all sorts of stuff
>I reach the "barman" (my friend's dad)
>"H-HI, UM, I don't suppose you have anything non-alcoholic, do you?"
>gives me a funny look
>"We've got tap water, if that's any good?"
>I take a glass of tap water
>Already people are ripping on me
>Ha Anon, you'd want to start a bit slower than that, you'll be pissed in no time haha

Later on in the night, around midnight
Everybody starting to get tipsy, but the music is good, I'm with friends and I'm having a good time.

Someone says to my friend
>Hey, we should do a round of birthday shots
>OMG YA! BIRTHDAY SHOTS! BIRTHDAY SHOTS!
>they finally decide to do Jagerbombs
>my friend's dad starts pouring
>"Hey Anon! You in?"
>"UM....HEH....I'M OK THANKS, I DON'T REALLY DRINK"
>Awkward stares
>A few of the girls there roll their eyes at me
>Hear one of them say "dryballs" under their breath
>Think to myself "Shit...gotta do something so I don't look like such a square"
>Purest of pure autism flows throughout my body
>"D-DON'T WORRY GUYS!"
>I go to the bar and grab an empty shot glass, proceed to fill it with tap water
>"I-I'LL JUST HAVE A SHOT OF WATER! AT LEAST YOU CAN'T SAY I DIDN'T DO SOME SHOTS HAHA R-RIGHT GUYS!"
>My friend literally facepalms
>Girls getting really uncomfortable due to my sheer awkwardness
>"W-WELL, BOTTOMS UP GUYS!"
>>
File: sad wojak.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
sad wojak.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
2/2

>They enthusiastically down the Jagerbombs and I down the shot glass of tap water
>Friend's dad whispers to my friend
>Friend suggests that himself and I go for a walk
>"S-SURE THING BUDDY! TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER!"
>Friend walks around his front garden with me for a while
>Eventually asks what the fuck I was at back there...said I made myself look like a fool
>"Look, Anon, I get it if you don't want to drink, but try not to make it so damn obvious"
>"If you aren't going to drink, you're not really going to get much out of tonight, ya know?"
>"Maybe it's just best if you went home. We can hang out ourselves some other time."
>O-OK MAN...I, I'LL SEE YOU AROUND"
>get into my car
>drive home, holding back tears
>get home
>go into my living room
>cry like a bitch for making such an ass of myself
>mfw, pic related

How do the normies fucking do this. Why do I fuck things up for myself so badly

So fucking angry with myself still

Probably won't get invited to a party again for the foreseeable future
>>
Anybody? Please?

original yumyum
>>
>>24593137
I'm guessing this is pasta, but if it isn't, these people sound like pieces of shit.

Don't feel bad about it, OP. You did literally nothing wrong.
>>
File: enough.jpg (8 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
8 KB, 316x202
>>24593452
It's not pasta unfortunately.
Actually happened...

Fuck it hurts
>>
>>24593137
>>24593178
lol just drink op its really fun being so shitfaced you dont know which way is up, especially fun when you lose whatever social skills you have and dont give a fuck what anyone thinks.
>>
Just take a shot pussy
>>
>go over to a friends house
>couple cute girls there
>drink to get over nervousness
>liquid courage sets in
>someone pulls out a bottle of some weird red wine/coke thing
>say sure i'll try it
>someone asks if i want to add some scotch in with it
>SURE WHY NOT
>2 or 3 drinks later i pissed myself in front of everyone then puked on the floor
>woke up in the backyard the next morning
>>
>>24593537
I did this and lost virtually all of my friends as a result

Although to be fair they were over sensitive pussies in the first place.

OP, these people hardly sound like friends. It might be scary for a while, but I genuinely think your best bet is to go it alone from here.

I'm not going to lie and pretend it doesn't suck, but I think it's better than being around people you can't really relate to anymore, and being humiliated when you can't ape their boring social cues.
>>
>tfw always get shit for drinking too much

start drinking heavily OP, it's a fun way to slowly kill yourself and I guarantee you'll have some good times doing it
>>
File: 1448281439382.jpg (89 KB, 757x567) Image search: [Google]
1448281439382.jpg
89 KB, 757x567
>>24593584
Its a coin flip f.a.m
>>
>take a couple of well-endowed shots of vodka in the morning
>everyone i run into for the rest of the day mentions it smells like alcohol
DO YOU THINK THEY KNOW
>>
>>24593611
I think i was actually doing alright talking to one of those girls too

Then I pissed myself and that was the end of that
>>
File: wot.jpg (21 KB, 339x290) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
21 KB, 339x290
What complicates the problem x10 is that I'm Irish, and I still live there.

Being a non-drinker is like being a leper
>>
>>24593594
I do this on the regular and only ever regret things for a day at tops

My friends are thick skinned as fuck, and we are brutally honest with eachother at the best of times, so drunken bullshit we just get over.

Plus a britbong, and being shitfaced is our neo-culture so maybe that has something to do with it.
>>
>>24593137
Unless you're in AA or straight edge normies aren't going to understand why you don't drink
>>
>>24593618
m8, of all spirits wodka is the one you can smell the least, just brush your teeth after your morning shots

source: i'm an alcoholic

>>24593137
start drinking heavily, that way you'll only have a slight buzz going by the time the stacys are so drunk they don't know who's chad or who's the robot anymore
>>
Why don't you drink?
>>
>>24593178
>Friend suggests that himself and I go for a walk
>you agreed
For all you know they could have brought you to the woods and put you out of your misery.
>>
>>24593655
I once ran face first into a fence and then rolled around in the mud for a few minutes while everyone else was still sober. Oh well
>>
>>24593705
I brushed my teeth, had mouthwash, and chewed gum for the rest of the day. I think it was literally coming out of my pores.
>>
>>24593137
>Ha Anon, you'd want to start a bit slower than that, you'll be pissed in no time haha

yeah you're supposed to laugh, not act like a faggot and make thread on 4chan about it

>>"UM....HEH....I'M OK THANKS, I DON'T REALLY DRINK"

literally all you have to do is say 'i dont drink, cheers though mate!' and smile/laugh
>>
File: 1440352249145.jpg (23 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
1440352249145.jpg
23 KB, 500x585
>>24593137
Ah shit man.
>>
File: hardybucks.jpg (46 KB, 647x340) Image search: [Google]
hardybucks.jpg
46 KB, 647x340
>>24593709
Don't drink cause there's a fair few alcoholics in my extended family and I see how pathetic an existence they live

On top of that I don't have much self-control
>>
>>24593797
Do you know these feels?
>>
> I was an alcoholic from age 16 to 27
>fucked up my liver and kidney function, as well as mental health problems.
>cannot drink now as it would seriously fuck my health up.

>mfw, normies I don't know think they have a right to get all high and mighty and get all pissy if I refuse a drink, and make a big deal about how I am missing out on having a good time.
>>
>>24593753
/thread
just don't be an socially awkward fuck and make such a big deal about not drinking, if anyone asks say it ruined your life or something, normies wont mess with you. besides, dont fucking go to a party or STAND AROUND PEOPLE DOING SHOTS if you're not drinking, is fuckign common sense man.
>>
>>24593709
I don't drink because everyone on my family is an alcoholic, so I probably am as well, as it's believed to be genetic.

I used to drink before I turned 21, but I only ever had access to liquor at parties, so I never found out.
>>
File: 1409769768521.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
1409769768521.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1422
OP again. How the fuck am I supposed to make it through college if I don't drink. It's a fucking 24/7 pissup
>>
File: [Homu clap].jpg (394 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
[Homu clap].jpg
394 KB, 1920x1080
Way to act like a complete faggot at someones 21st birthday party OP. I sincierly doubt you're an alcoholic so what reason do you really have to turn down a single shot to take with a guy on his birthday? I'm not saying you have to get wasted all night and act like a fool but if you're going to show up to a party with drinking you could at least, i donno, sip ONE beer over the course of the night to make it look less awkward.
>>
>>24594001
Tell people you donated half your liver to your little bro Seamus when he was 12, but he died anyway.
>>
>>24593178
Who throws someone out of a party because they're not drinking? This story sounds fake and retarded
>>
I don't drink either OP.

I think people just assume I'm a recovering alcoholic or something. I kind of like being a downer on them.

In truth I just don't like the taste, plus lack an enzyme to break down alcohol.

Fuck them, just do your thing.
>>
>>24594050
>lack an enzyme to break down alcohol.
so youre asian
>>
File: 234342.jpg (284 KB, 1197x877) Image search: [Google]
234342.jpg
284 KB, 1197x877
>>24593137
AHHH i hate this shit so much. Look I have absolutely nothing against people drinking because it's your body do what the fuck what you want but why do you feel you must pressurize me into doing something I don't want to do? Anything else and this level of pressurization would be unacceptable but with alcohol suddenly it's okay to act like a dick to someone who doesn't want to drink?
>Be at party with muslim guy
>They offer me a drink
>I say I don't drink
>They look as if I said I eat babies and ask why
>I say it's bad for my health
>They spend the next 10 minutes trying to force me to drink
>Later on I see them asking my Muslim friend if he wants a drink
>He says the same "I don't drink"
>They ask why again
>"I'm Muslim"
>"Oh we understand, I'm sorry"
What is this bullshit? Not wanting to do something because some fairy in the sky told you not to is respected but not wanting to do it because of the proven hazards to your health is derided? Sometimes I can understand why Muslims are so violent it is literally the only way to get respect for your beliefs. The people at the party probably thought that not drinking because of religion was ridiculous but they know to keep their mouth shut because they'd get fucked up by all the local Muslims.
>>
>>24594044
Normies do that. Literally drinking culture is the norm at universities if you have any social life.
>>
I have no respect for people who choose not to drink.
At least try it.
Unless you have some medical reason, there is no reason you shouldn't at least drink a little.
It doesn't "le kill superior brain cells XD". Killing braincell occurs when you get alcohol poisoning or smash your head into something.
You act like your better than everyone else, yet are terrified when someone offers you a drink, because you have some powerful autistic fear of being slightly intoxicated.
Unless you have quit drinking for a good reason, or have some medical reason, you have no excuse to be such a buzz kill.
>>
>>24593584
never mix m8
>>
>>24593137

>dryballs

Is that a new normie slang
>>
>>24594173
My friend's siblings are alcoholics, and for at least four fathers back they're alcoholics. Some people don't want to even risk it. Don't be such a normalfag kek.
>>
>>24594103
Half. On my father's side.
>>
>>24594173
See >>24594107
And kill yourself. It's my fucking choice to choose what I want and don't want to drink I just cannot get round my head why you can't just ignore people who don't drink?
>there is no reason you shouldn't at least drink a little.
Like god damn I am gonna leave this thread I am this close to punching my screen THERE IS NO FUCKING LAW SAYING I MUST DRINK ALCOHOL
>>
>>24594044

I quit drinking, because I'm an alcoholic, and I'll start make an ass of myself if I drink more than a shot of liquor in one night.
If I were at anon's party is ask the bartender for a beer, and sip at it all night. And accept the shot of jager, but pour myself maybe half a shot, or pretend to take the whole shot but not actually drink it all. Or just decline the shot all together by saying "nah man I'm good". At least saying that is better than "I'LL TAKE THIS SHOT OF WATER, GUISE!".
And if at the end they still kick me out for not going hardcore, I don't want to hang out with them anymore.
>>
>>24593709
Not the OP but I just feel tired when I drink. I'm one of the few people that is more boring drunk.
>>
>>24594363

It's so deeply engrained in our culture, not drinking is spiteful.
It's not terrible for your health. Alcohol is actually good for your health in moderation.
Your body can safely process one or two shots of liquor an hour, so your "muh health" is a bullshit excuse. Your just afraid of alcohol, because your an anxious social retard who judges others for doing something your just simply afraid to do.
It's so juvenile, most of the time, the only people at parties can do is ignore you.

>>24594303

Just don't drink too much, or base your life around being drunk at parties. Some people realize the happiest they are is being drunk, because they are pathetic, so they drink everyday, which is terrible for you.
You act like alcoholism is a disease, and that isn't true. You're just scared to try it.
I was there too. When I was like 18, but I was there.
>>
>>24594173
>>24594598
>>24594862
you sound like you need a drink pham
>>
>>24593894
>>24593806

> I won't drink a little, because people who drink a lot are scum.

M O D E R A T I O N

Alcoholism is not a disease.
>>
>>24594932
wew, you've never been addicted to anything, have you?
>>
>>24594925

I guess it is 5 O'clock somewhere.
>>
>not ordering a huge glass of some mean looking drink while slowly sipping on it and pouring out small volumes to pretend you are drinking

When everyone is shitfaced they can't even keep check of if you've been drinking or not.
>>
Why didn't you just say you don't drink because you have to drive home later?
>>
>>24594975

I used to smoke half a pack a day, and not I have a cigarette every now and then.
I used to drink every day, and not I drink once every couple weeks at most.
So yes, I have been addicted, but there is nothing forcing me to abuse.
>>
>>24593662

dryshite
>>
>>24594995

That just means anon could drink as much.
You can still drink a shot, wait an hour, and be completely sober legally and physically.
>>
>>24594333
Woah I hope your other half isn't shitskin.
>>
>>24594981

>"what is anon doing?"
>"it looks like he is sipping on a flat cosmopolitan my father prepared for him 3 hours ago, and occasionally pouring in on the floor right in front of him"
>"lol wtf"
>"yeah, I'm going to ask him to leave."
>>
>>24594266
They mean his dick never gets wet, nawadaimsaing?
>>
>>24595096

Blasian.
>>
>>24593137
Seriously, why not just drink? A shot won't kill you y'know.

Sheesh
>>
>>24595127
No, you order gin and tonic, pour some out and refill it with tap water.
>>
>>24595155

I'm surprised this one word response made it past the robot.
>>
>>24595155
Woah I've never met an asian guy who married a black woman. I hope your mom is not called Sha'niqua.
>>
>>24593178
do you have something to cut your wrists with?
just asking bro
>>
>>24595242
Maybe you could lend him some of your edges.
>>
>>24595205

So he should just pour it on the floor?
It's alright if no one can see him, but that's kinda of autistic.
He'd probably enjoy himself more if he just drank that little bit and then mixed it with tap water.
>>
>>24593137
>not pouring some apple juice and then diluting it with tap water until it looks like whisky

OP you are pretty dumb for calling yourself a robot.
>>
>>24595294
He can pour it out in the sink or outside. Do it discretely, not pour out half your glass.
>>
>>24593137
Its ok if you want to be an uptight downer, bro you are sticking you what you believe in gj.
>>
As a frat chad this thread makes me sick.

You guys wonder why you have no fucking friends.
You refuse to have fun and kill the mood with heavy autism.

I sometimes only go to parties to swoop up bitches from you betas.
Save those girls some dignity.

Just stay home if you're not gonna drink.
>>
>>24595436
>I sometimes only go to parties to swoop up bitches from you betas.
Was shit cash?
>>
>>24595436
I'm a beta KV and even I drink...

I mean who the fuck doesn't drink?
>>
>>24595614
Your mom didn't want to drink my piss last night.
>>
>dryballs

Hahaha what the fuck I'm dying
>>
>Start talking to girl from work
>Get her number and we text each other
>Ask her out on a date and says yes
>Asks if I drink
>Say no
>She cancels the date and cuts contact

Whelp
>>
>>24595636
I'm talking about alcohol. Pretty pathetic that you're scared of drinking a beer m9
>>
File: 1434243262738s.jpg (4 KB, 250x169) Image search: [Google]
1434243262738s.jpg
4 KB, 250x169
>"W-WELL, BOTTOMS UP GUYS!"
>>
>>24595687
Pretty pathetic your mom refused to drink my piss when she kissed your greasy cheek as a kid.
>>
>>24593137
>>24593178
Why the fuck do you attend a social gathering that revolves around the consumption of alcohol when you don't want to drink alcohol?

Kind of like hanging out in a clothing store for the day when you neither need clothes nor intend to buy anything. Awkward as fuck.

You do have to realize the people there gathered for one purpose only. Not to be among friends and have a swell time. They came together to drink and loose their inhibitions, and roll with whatever comes. And you did not participate. I would be mildly bothered by that as well.

Why on earth didn't you just grab a beer and hold it in your hand and take a sip every now and then. Simple. You have just fit into the social situation.

Yeah, maybe you ate screwed up and have autism. Now that I think about it, it seems likely.
>>
>>24593137
>spend years drinking with friends occasionally
>it always sucks and the next day my head hurts
>stop drinking
>friends give me shit
>stop hanging out with friends
>problem solved

Not sure why the people in this thread are so upset when the solution is obvious. Either start drinking or stop hanging out with the people that bother you about it.
>>
>>24593137
>Friend invites me to party
>They get me to do shots ontop of the drinks I already had
>Drink way more after that
>Get too drunk
>Don't do anything crazy but obviously annoying
>I don't get invited back for a while
>Finally do
>They try to get me to take shots
>"Nah man, we both know It's gonna spiral and I'll drink way too much"
>"Well that's your fault"
>"I know, that's why I'm not gonna take the shots you guys pressure me to do"

Fucking normies, I try to do the responsible thing and they still give me shit and say its my fault when the pester me the entire night to do shots.
>>
Only /r9k/ could take something as simple as having a single drink at a social and turn it into being a social pariah. It's not like they were asking you to drop LSD or smoke crack with them.
>>
File: 1442977164284.jpg (64 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
1442977164284.jpg
64 KB, 500x512
>>24594173
>It doesn't "le kill superior brain cells
No evidence to support your statement. your opinion is the same opinion I hear spouted a billion times.
>>
>>24595740
How is refusing to drink urine "pathetic"?

You know what's really pathetic? Your mom begged me to shit in her mouth.
>>
>>24595943
It doesn't kill brain cells. Long-term heavy drinking may damage the dendrites, but no cell death occurs unless you develop Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome, which can be prevented with increased thiamin intake.
>>
You sound like you have turbo autism OP. You are socially retarded.
>>
>>24595943
Nope, that shots been debunked. Drinking only impairs short term memory.
>>
File: chunder.gif (898 KB, 450x189) Image search: [Google]
chunder.gif
898 KB, 450x189
>at friend's party, probably the only party I get invited to each year
>crush is there
>qt, shy, pigtails, big oppai 8/10 (to me at least)
>alright tonight is the night, i'm gonna pull my crush
>drink as much as possible as quickly as possible
>had no dinner
>by the time everyone is tipsy i'm absolutely wankered
>try to cuddle crush and make suggestions to her all night
>she's clearly uncomfortable and everyone can see but she's too nice to say anything
>one of the reasons i liked her
>this only egged me on more
>gets up to "go to the toilet", clearly trying to get away
>follow her into hallway
>forcibly try to kiss her
>tfw she swerves me completely
>half the party noticed what just happened, all looking at me in disgust
>all of the spaghetti comes out my pockets
>feel sick
>lean over sink for a while
>friend comes over, "what's wrong?"
>"it's futile, it's futile, it's futile?"
>"what? what's futile?"
>just keep repeating "it's futile" for like 5 minutes, he's clearly fucking confused
>black out
>next thing I remember I'm throwing up gigantic amounts of sick on my friend's driveway
>paramedics are there and large crowd around me
>fuck, they know
>run away from the paramedics
>gave them the slip and made it back to my house
>got into bed still covered in sick

Great night 10/10. Turns out the paramedics weren't for me. My friend wasn't pissed at me throwing up on his driveway either. Although I still haven't been able to show my face to that girl since then. Probably for the best.
>>
>>24596461
>My friend wasn't pissed at me throwing up on his driveway either.
He would be a shit friend if he was. I've had people throwing up all over my bathroom, shower, floor,...
>>
>>24595205
>"hey anon, whatcha drinking?"
>"j-just v-vodka and l-lemonade" (water)
>"oo let me try some!"
>"N-NO... I HAVE, uh... a disease"
>"um... okay..."
>word spreads
>>
>>24596522
Crap, forgot to mention I threw up in/on his toilet as well.

I've also thrown up on a friend's floor before (that was a less interesting story though). He was a little pissed about that but another guy threw up in his bed so he was more pissed at that guy.
>>
>>24596035
>>24596079
>no refrences
All I hear is "Nope your wrong, let me say some smart words and hope for the best"
>>
One of my friends doesn't drink. Every time we go to the pub he orders either a can of Monster Iced Coffee or a J2O. He always gets a glass of water with it as well. I do enjoy ripping into him about it.
>>
>>24596671
http://www.news-medical.net/news/20120709/Does-alcohol-kill-brain-cells.aspx
>>
>>24595922
Yes, it's totally our fault that other people make a huge deal out of such a small insignificant decision.
>>
>>24595837
/thread
I stopped going out with my "friends" when I realized that it was ALWAYS about getting shitfaced. Now I'm >tfwnofriends, don't know if that's better but this thread made me think that it was the right choice.
>>
>>24596784
>I stopped going out with my "friends" when I realized that it was ALWAYS about getting shitfaced.
m8, have you considered you could have been mistaken in thinking there's more to life?
>>
>>24593137
Say youre taking antibiotics because you got some stomach-problems and arent allowed to drink.

Easy, you WERE a huge sperg about it.
>>
>>24596725
>According to a recent article in Scientific American Mind, drinking alcohol does not kill brain cells although it can damage them.
Well there you go, who cares whether they are "killed" we are just playing with words here. Le superior brain cells are damaged therefore impaired even if it might be temporary, sounds like a perfectly valid reason.
>>
>>24593710
>implying i don't want the sweet release from this pain
>>
>>24593875
bring your own non-alcoholic drink
>>
>>24595784
As someone who doesn't drink, this makes sense to me.

However, I've been in situations where the main objective isn't to get shitfaced and you still get chewed out and receive disgusted looks when you just stick with water.

Hell, I've had acquaintances ask out of the blue "do you drink" during an unrelated conversation and when I answer honestly they look like I just told them that I carbombed their family. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>24596885
w8, there isn't? God, what a relief. So I didn't miss anything?
>>
>>24597138
nothing of value, no
I don't see why living from drink to drink would be any worse than doing some mindless work every day
>>
>get fuckin trashed
>rattle off suicidal thoughts to friends
>one of them tells me he is there to talk to if i feel like suicide the next morning
WOOPS
>>
>>24596980
No, the argument was whether or not they killed brain cells. Don't move the goalpost. Also a lot of things may damage brain cells, just like a lot of things may kill cancer. As long as you don't overdo it it doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>24594981
In my old circles we'd have some people doing this for various reasons (alchoholic, straight edges, proto robot, ect) And from my perspective, the drunken "normie" we would tease but never get mad. Just light jesting mixed with queries that they still were ok being there and sober... I don't know how robots meet so many shitty people who yell at those who don't drink and kick them out of parties
>>
>Alcohol doesn't taste good... inb4 "you have to keep drinking it to get the appeal!"
>Burn in the throat the kind of hurts and you have to "get used to it"
>Is only drank because people can't have fun otherwise
>You do actions you regret
>Unhealthy (as far as weight goes. I'm not throwing the brain cells argument)
If you drink, that is totally fine. I will have some sips out of curiosity from time to time, but I don't enjoy it and I don't go to social events that contain alcohol because their purpose is to drink.

My Father and Mother, until I was 15 drank ridiculous amounts of alcohol and almost got me killed through drunk driving on numerous occasions. One of my Mother's closest friends shot himself in the head because he thought the gun was unloaded while drunk, and then my Mom kicked him while laughing telling him to "get up loser" while also drunk. My Father got into fist fights while drunk and my parents fought right in front of me and my older brother while drunk often and divorced too, on my birthday nonetheless, while drunk.

Yeah, isn't it fun? I get that in moderation it is fine, but I don't want to be apart of that environment.
>>
File: kekarot.jpg (93 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
kekarot.jpg
93 KB, 670x503
>>24597358
boy i bet you're fun at parties
>>
>>24597358
sorry for you anon
that's why I'm never having kids, I know I'd be a shit parent & too drunk to care properly for the little fuckers
hope you're ok now
>>
>>24597351
but isn't drinking the reason normies get together?
I always thought "going out" means literally "drink until you do stupid shit". What else do normies do when they get together?
>>
>>24593137
>House party
>Friends dad

Wait you're telling me that degenerate fuck approved of all this. The whole point of house parties is for your parents not to find out.

Degenerate ass white people smfh
>>
>>24597358
>Alcohol doesn't taste good... inb4 "you have to keep drinking it to get the appeal!"
Alcohol, like all foods and liquids, comes in many different textures and flavours. It's just blatantly ignorant to suggest that it all tastes the same.
>Burn in the throat the kind of hurts and you have to "get used to it"
Again, you're strawmanning with very specific drinks; not all alcohol does this.
>Is only drank because people can't have fun otherwise
Well, to be fair this is actually true for some people, but those kind of people are knobs and you shouldn't skewer your entire social experiences based on that small representation.
>You do actions you regret
Don't get shit-faced then? It's quite possible to enjoy alcohol responsibly and not go over the line.
>Unhealthy (as far as weight goes. I'm not throwing the brain cells argument)
If you are drinking 10 bottles of beer a day, perhaps. moderated consumption of fairly healthy beverages such as wine are actually good for your heart and shit.

I'm not trying to argue, i'm just pointing out the fact that you are massively misrepresenting alcohol by painting this fantasy that it's magically some kind of devil that plagues mankind.
>>
File: nig.png (25 KB, 768x536) Image search: [Google]
nig.png
25 KB, 768x536
>>24597479
sorry that we know who are fathers are, tyrone
>>
>>24597463
>What else do normies do when they get together?
I've observed them for quite some time now anon, they talk about things that happen to them in their non-NEET life, get drunk occasionally, take drugs,...

Don't ask me how though
>>
>>24597463
For some I guess yeah, but even when we played beer pong and other stupid shit we'd include the non drinkers and someone else would drink what they wouldn't (for beer pong and other games). But we were all actual friends so the main attraction of the night was discussion about whatever so the sober people could also join in
>>
>>24597530
At least our fathers still have dignity instead of fucking their daughters and horses and chickens.
>>
>>24597599
this is a bully free zone anon
>>
>>24597565
As someone who's always had alot of neet friends and normie friends I've always spent alot of time trying to help my neet friends bridge that gap... Mlp was the worst thing that happened because I lost like 10 friends over it because they'd rather run to that retarded safe place then find real friends who actually enjoy them.... And yeah dank memes are the alcohol of /r9k/. Its a common ground on which you guys can start an interaction
>>
So can some of you normalfucks explain why it's so breathtakingly horrible when someone doesn't drink?

I'm not talking about some straightedge faggot who shits on people for drinking.

Why do I, as someone who has tried it and simply doesn't enjoy it, bother you so much?
>>
>>24597429
They were good parents when sober though, and even when drunk they could still do right. When I turned 15 after the divorce was final, my Father cleaned himself up well, and after my Mother's friend died (and she hit me in the face that night on accident) she cleaned up her ways shortly after my Dad. All is well now, and I turned out alright with the exception that I browse this board.
>>24597515
I understand what you mean. I have just never enjoyed any alcohol I have ever tasted (expect maybe vodka mixed into eggnog I think it was). It is mainly a fear of getting shit-faced that pushes me away the most, which I probably wouldn't do, but it isn't a habit I want to risk picking up. I don't have a counter-argument for the health point because a year ago I drank sodas to a going-to-kill-me-before-I-am-40 amount and alcohol isn't much worse than soda at that amount.
>>
>>24597680
its not
find some better friends
>>
>>24597680
It's not, if someone thinks that they're an asshole and a fucking dummy... If you don't wanna drink then don't bro
>>
>>24593178
Jesus H. Christ you are pathetic.
Have you not learned the art of nursing a drink if you don't want to get drunk?
Sure you may cop some slight ribbing for it if people realise what you're doing, but it won't be anywhere near as bad as what happened at that party.

I'm not really a drinker; my dad's a recovering alcoholic and I have an addictive personality, so I could quite easily start down the same road as him.
That being said I will have the occasional pint in a social setting.

You don't have to get shitfaced drunk every time (it's been a year since the last time I got stinking drunk) but don't be a straightedge pussy.
>>
My dad was a crack-cocaine addict, his dad was a drug addict, and 2 of my uncles were alcoholics, so I just tell people I don't drink because I have a lot of addicts in my family. All questions stop after I tell them that.
>>
>Friend had a bad day, asks me to come over and hang out
>Go over, there's a few other people there, they've been drinking for a bit. All kinda tipsy
>Drink a couple beers
>They all decide they want Coke
>Do 2 8balls
>It's 9am
>Have to be at school to do a presentation at 11am
>Worst day of my life
>>
>>24597951
>get coked up and drunk with buddy one night
>end up romping around town on foot
>next four days I can barely move my legs because of how hard I pushed myself
>>
>>24597680

You're going to a party where every is enjoying themselves and you act like their trying to give you poison.
It's rude in today's culture.
You're most likely not the only person there, but you are the only one being an autistic buzz kill about it. Don't ruin everyone else's time, because your afraid of something relatively harmless.

Honestly, do some research on alcohol, realize it doesn't kill braincell a unless you drink an entire fucking handle, and if you can get your head out of you ass, buy some 80 proof vodka, then take a shot, wait 10 minutes, and write a short paragraph on how you feel. More than likely, you will probably write: "I feel slightly buzzed, but mostly unaffected cognitively".

I'm not a normie desu, but I'm also not autistic, so I understand why they wouldn't want to hang out with you.
>>
>>24598039
The worst part of it was that I had left an essay that was worth 40% to the very last minute, thinking that it would be a low key night and that I could work on it in the morning
>tfw having an anxiety attack on Coke while trying desperately to sleep/not freak anyone out
>Heart attack imminent
>>
>>24597803

Have you ever drank an alcoholic beverage?
If you have enjoyed a night of drinking, and you don't want to drink anymore, fine, but if you haven't, there is a problem if you are unwilling to try it.
>>
>>24598113
>your afraid of something
>you act like their trying to give you poison.

Either you can't read or you responded to the wrong post.
>>
>>24598113
Either you can't read or you responded to the wrong post.
>>
>>24598209
>>24598271
Of course it double posted after the robot ate it the first time.
Faggot robot.
>>
>>24593806
listen mate, if your not saucing at least shmoke a few bines so you look like a cool guy
>>
>>24593137
>>24593178

You should be thankful that you don't just fucking love booze like some of us. Trust me, love of drinking is a lot worse problem to have than what you just described.

>tfw currently back home visiting family for holiday
>tfw nobody really likes to drink the amounts I do, so it's frighteningly obvious to my mother how much I drank last night each morning
>"you don't drink like this every night, do you, anon?"
>come on mom, I'm on vacation here
>lying by omission to my own mother because of a liquid I just really like to drink
>fuck
>>
>>24593137
>developed liver condition due to another medical condition
>rarely drink excessively, most the time I have a few light beers then switch to N/A beer or water or soda
>all my friends know so they never say anything
>sometimes their friends or bystanders give me a little flak which I usually brush off
>only a couple times have people asked why I don't drink, to which I inform them of my condition
>never had anyone give me a hard time after I explained myself
>>
>>24598361
hi me
>having to hide liquor and beer bottles every morning
>stealing my moms xanax to mix
im degenerate, I know
>>
>>24598209
>>24598271
>>24598293

Or just continue being a bitter autistic fuck who looks down on people who drink.
>>
>>24593875
How much were you drinking nigga?

Story time.
>>
>>24598396
Like I said, replying to the wrong post.
>>
>>24598361
>get dumped by love of my life
>cyborg status: demolished
>replace whiskey with food for 4 months
>literally eat once a day and drink the entire day
>develop 4 ulcers
>still drink
>>
Where do you even meet these people who give you shit for not drinking? I never had people ask me more than once.
>>
>>24598361
>>24598385
>>24598392

Addiction/alcoholism isn't a disease.

Stop with this shit.

"Oh I want to quite, but I wake up every morning to beers just opening themselves up and forcing itself down my throat. Since it's physically impossible for me to stop drink, I will just have to live with this. Remember kids, one drop of alcohol and you're being violated by it every day."
>>
>>24598529
never said it was a disease mate
its a lack of self control

thanks for projecting the problems of the alcoholics in your life, though
>>
>>24598479

I'm not replying to the wrong post.
If you refuse to drink at a party, you are no better than these autist who are afraid of liquor.
>>
>>24598523
Most recent one was with a few guys that I regularly play pickup soccer matches with. I wouldn't even consider us friends, but we were talking about something sports related and out of the blue they ask "do you even drink, like at all?"

My mistake for being honest with them and jus b-ing myself I guess.
>>
>>24598529
I never said it was a disease, you fucking aspie. I'm the first guy you were responding to. I'm just saying that OP is actually in a better position as somebody who doesn't like to drink than somebody who does like to drink. Drinking opens a lot of interesting experience but also a void of human error. Generally speaking, you're lucky if you don't like to drink. You can take your insufferable moralism about addiction or disease or blabla and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>24598566

>writes this entire sob story about being a piece of shit not relevant to the thread
>"I never said alcoholism was a disease, you're just projecting"

I don't associate with alcoholics and there aren't alcoholics in my family, because I don't hail from scum. So your argument is invalid. I'm calling you pathetic, excuse you are pathetic.

>inb4 unoriginal accusations of projection
>>
>>24598574
>If you refuse to drink at a party
I'm not talking about parties, you inflammatory, illiterate mongoloid.

I've gone out with "friends" to get wings and catch up in the early afternoon and I always catch shit when I just take a water.
Fuck off and go find some straight edge faggot to argue with.
>>
File: okfam.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
okfam.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>24598684
thanks for reminding me i was on r9k, you aspie fuck
>>
>>24598684
>I'm calling you pathetic, excuse you are pathetic.

Might wanna check up on that syntax there, go-go-action autismo.
>>
>>24598658

If you're a healthy human being, drinking feels good.
OP is of course in a better position than some who drinks themselves into a stupor every night, however that isn't at all relevant to the thread. The thread is about drinking a little bit at a party as oppose to taking actual shots of water to avoid drinking out of fear.
Then the thread starts trying to justify never drinking because of "muh genetic alcoholism".

Let me make this simple for you.
You live in America, you are healthy, and you got to parties sometimes. You will drink in moderation. You must drink, or leave the party. It's only polite. Alcoholism isn't a disease, and drinking in moderation doesn't kill braincells. If you don't understand this, you are socially inept to some degree. If you don't like it, don't go to parties.
Still doesn't sound fair? Life isn't fair, and you can't have everything.
>>
>>24598779

Auto correct.
"Excuse" should be "because".
Please stay toward the top of the pyramid.
>>
File: gomg.jpg (46 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
gomg.jpg
46 KB, 403x403
>>24598779
>>24598975
>posting on r9k
>calling other people on r9k pathetic
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 679x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 679x516
>>24598975

This pyramid.
>>
>>24598529
>Addiction/alcoholism isn't a disease

No shit you faggot but Ulcerative Colitis and Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis are. Hard to be an alcoholic when you don't hardly drink alcohol to begin with. Fucking kill yourselves you bitch.
>>
>>24598924
>OP is of course in a better position than some who drinks themselves into a stupor every night

Good, then you actually agree with my post that you starting ranting about earlier for no reason.

>however, that isn't at all relevant to the thread

Why don't you use that throbbing intellect of yours to divine the fact that I was trying to make OP feel better?

Jesus Christ, I think that you just came here to preach about how alcoholism isn't a disease. It is possible to drink moderately-- no fucking shit. What are you on about? Are you just the royal arbiter of the thread who needs to make sure that every post suits your agenda? Seriously, fuck off.
>>
How to get out of any drinking situation

>I've gotta drive back home

Its that simple
>>
File: 1358376006687.jpg (81 KB, 280x317) Image search: [Google]
1358376006687.jpg
81 KB, 280x317
>>24593137
>>24593178

>caps lock
>my face when I'm imagining some autistic neckbard screaming his lungs out
>>
>>24599019

>everyone on /r9k/ is the same person
>everyone on /r9k/ has the same archetype
>everyone on /r9k/ is a regular poster

Therefore everyone on /r9k/ is pathetic.
>>
>>24599056
Right, because you were definitely "at the top of the pyramid" (Jesus, man) when you called that one guy a pathetic excuse for whatever.
>>
>>24599132
DING DING DING
HE GETS IT

>>24599148
i dont think anyone will refute that, moron
>>
>>24599132
FUCKING THIS x1000
/thread
>>
>>24594001
"I'm on medication."

There.
>>
>>24598113
You keep misusing their and your.

Stop fucking posting, get the fuck off 4chan, read a fucking dictionary you cunt.
>>
>>24593137
>>24593178

I know that feel, OP. I have been sober and drunk at various points in my life. I am thinking about quitting again, but I have a holiday event coming up that involves drinking, and I don't know how I would handle it.
>>
bump while drinking coffee
>>
>>24593452
this

>>24593178
>>24593137
FUCK those people. go back and fill that room and all those cunts with lead....or just cry yourself to sleep. good luck man
>>
>>24593178
your a fucking normie for going to a party, Anon but i still feel you
>>
File: 1426401082524.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1426401082524.gif
848 KB, 665x662
I remember when my least favorite question to be asked was "What kind of music do you like?" I remember when that was the question I got funny looks for whenever I responded that I don't do the thing in question.

Now it's "Do you drink?" The world fucking changed once I got out of high school and went into college. Me and everyone I know is still underage (in regards to drinking in the US), but I can't think of anyone I knew who doesn't drink now.
>>
File: go home.png (155 KB, 348x245) Image search: [Google]
go home.png
155 KB, 348x245
>>24593178
>How do the normies fucking do this
>has friends that invite him to things
Why do normies say they're not normies? Can some psychologist anon explain this phenomenon?
>>
Since many of you don't drink anyway, you should just get into hardcore music and be straightedge. You'll be able to make friends with people who won't judge you for not drinking, and you'll be able to join an anti normie subculture that is accepting of freaks and weirdos. Get into music, get a few tattoos, learn to interact with people and maybe you'll even meet a straightedge qt
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.