[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot Genius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: RoboGenius.jpg (18 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
RoboGenius.jpg
18 KB, 264x264
It's me, the genius from the other thread. I'm 19, but I just had my first paper accepted for publication (small journal but it's a nice start). I speak French and Chinese. Some of our best professors now use my essays (and even an excerpt from an e-mail I wrote) to help teach others how to think. I was handed an easy tutoring by a prof who begged me to bring his class up to my level of writing. My focus is international relations but I'm pretty widely read, nearly decided to be a biochem major and I could do it, but I just can't stand the tedium of lab work. Ask me questions, I can give advice, I can be funny. I'm not really here for arguments though, like most of you I'm generally friendless and depressed.
>>
What musical instruments do you play?

FYI piano is kuchold tier
>>
>>24490470
How'd you learn French and Chinese? Parents or studying?

Also any book recs? Can be any genre
>>
>>24490526

Hah. I started on piano to learn theory, then I was on the flute. Played in youth symphony for five years. Male flautist. Gives you a sense of how cool I am. Only met one other in the orchestra, he was an /mlp/-tier mulleted brony. I should play more, but I haven't taken it out this semester.
>>
what is the paper on?

also

what are you favorite books to read (genres, authors, titles)?
>>
>>24490470
Do you like Sartre? Dostoevsky? Vonnegut?
>>
>>24490470
on a scale of one to a million how self-satisfied are you?
>>
>>24490470
no one fucking cares autistic nigger humble brag let me cum on your face half of our indians are fucking better than you white inbred faggot.
>>
Who do you support in the syrian civil war
>>
>>24490470
are you going to make robot waifus a reality

don't let us down desu senpai
>>
>>24490548

French I started young, elementary school, just worked hard in my classes and went to an immersion camp for a few weeks each summer. Chinese I started in high school, I actually went to Shanghai this summer to do some more immersion and an internship. I've been practicing a lot and I can speak it near-fluently, but I'm still working on the damn characters so I can finally read Chinese philosophy in the original. For books, I just finished W.A. Williams' Tragedy of American Diplomacy, really interesting read on U.S. foreign policy in the 20th century.
>>
>>24490640

Robots believing this proofless jackass
>wewing internally
>>
>>24490632

Honestly, at the beginning I was as hopeful as anyone, but I saw how quickly things turned bad in Egypt. Currently, I don't support anyone, but I think the only real option is to restore Assad's government, maybe with the chance of forcing some kind of settlement on him. But with Russia doubling down its support with no strings attached that seems unlikely.
>>
If you're such a fucking genius how come you're lonely and depressed?

Mec stupide.
>>
>>24490640
>For books, I just finished W.A. Williams' Tragedy of American Diplomacy, really interesting read on U.S. foreign policy in the 20th century.

hahahahaha yeah you're not a genius
>>
>>24490580

The paper will be in the next issue of the Tufts IR Journal "Hemispheres", due out in the spring. Can't tell you the topic without revealing my name but the subject for the issue is "emerging actors."
>>
File: 1443892185307.jpg (133 KB, 882x938) Image search: [Google]
1443892185307.jpg
133 KB, 882x938
>>24490470
What sort of cognitive abilities can you perform that don't involve a set memory of rules? Can you prove that you think for yourself? I would like to challenge you to a video game that you're comfortable with. I hope you don't mind that I record it.
>>
>>24490731
What's wrong with the book?
>>
>>24490731

Not an endorsement of Williams. I just think it's necessary background reading for responding to the revisionists out there who moan about American Imperialism whenever you bring up foreign policy.
>>
File: 16llj0p.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
16llj0p.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>24490773
Mara is all grow'd up now you'kno....
>>
>>24490773

Oh video games.. I guess you could call me a filthy casual. I play league when I'm burned out and just want to farm creeps and steal kills with my ultimate. For proof of my mental abilities, idk. Mostly I think I succeed because I have good reading comprehension and I synthesize arguments well. Maybe ask me some kind of question and I'll write an original, short response?
>>
>>24490784
> I just think it's necessary background reading for responding to the revisionists out there who moan about American Imperialism whenever you bring up foreign policy.

what revisionism are you referring to? who are the revisionists? do you think that american imperialism does not exist?
>>
>>24490567
Bro you only play one instrument and its the one most similar to sucking a cock? Are your hands too little and weak for a mans classical instrument like soft string guitar?

How come you dont play a contemporary instrument either? You're a genius but you didnt bother to learn 6 string guitar, banjo, bass , ukulele, or mandolin?
>>
>>24490722

Putain.. Je ne suis pas triste parce-que je suis seul. J'aime rester en seul. C'est mes amis qui peuvent me deranger.
>>
>>24490917
I just don't really care about music, or performing for crowds in general. I'd rather write.
>>
>>24490917
Honestly, brass instruments are more similar to cock sucking.
>>
>>24490470
>getting published
>genius
Fucking kek, me and my peers must all be gods, since I've been published in three theoretical physics journals

Any idiot can get published. What the fuck, man
>>
>>24490784
Yeah, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>24490470
>genius
>friendless and depressed
>biggest achievement is one publication
you're more like a retard with all his priorities fucked up yet fortunate enough to have basic literacy down.
>>
>>24490846
Being of average intelligence I'm finding it difficult to form a question that would allow you to show superior knowledge.

Play devils advocate and attempt to convince fellow robots on compatabilism.
>>
>>24490470
I don't think you sound or seem genius level in this day and age, but you sound decent person level, which is all your really need 2bh family.
>>
>>24490902

Williams articulates a particular form of revisionist thought which posits that all of America's foreign policy from 1900 on is essentially an extension of the Open Door Policy. This has some merit, especially instances like the Banana Wars or the installation of the Shah in Iran. However, American empire isn't based on economic determinism. American Imperialism exists, but its form, its aims, and its policies have undergone so many changes that it can't be seen as a monolithic drive for new markets.
>>
Jesus christ, Why is everyone so up in arms about this guy claiming to be genius
It's almost as if robots think that there intelligence is the only thing that forms part of their identity worth fighting for.
You guys are a bunch of silly silly fucks
>>
>>24490998
Physics papers aren't as hard as writing a good senior thesis or essay, I'd imagine. The physics research is hard, and whether it's harder than writing a quality essay is up for debate, but not the actual building of the research paper.
>>
>>24491084
you're more up in arms than anyone else it seems. this guy just contradicts himself and provided no real support for the main point he's trying to convince us of. are you asking why we don't ignore him or why we aren't asking for general advice from a depressed 19 year old kid?
>>
>>24490846
>ask me some kind of question and I'll write an original, short response
Off the top of my head: why hasn't Japan's economy experienced any net growth over the last 20 years? And is their 230% debt/GDP sustainable? Also, why has Japan been purchasing more US debt recently? Is China heading into a similar economic stagnation? Why hasn't the politburo attempted to crack down on intellectual property theft, in light of major European firms leaving the country?
>>
>>24491079

>This obfuscatory block of half-baked purple claims and nonstatements

Fucking wew lad
>>
>>24490998

Oh yeah, not saying that makes me a genius. Congratulations though, physics is one of few subjects that I think I'd be mediocre with at best. I think publishing in STEM and in social sciences is very different though. If you want to be a scientist, "publish or perish" seems to be the norm, it's almost your job to produce papers. Meanwhile, I wonder how many sophomore IR majors are submitting work to be published? I haven't met any, but then again I haven't got many friends.
>>
fuck off?

r9k is not for speshul snowflake ama's

reddit is waiting for you, they love this shit.
>>
>>24490470
Vous parlez francais? Vraiment? Je ne crois pas.
>>
>>24491160
how many boy geniuses does it really take to write a clickbait article or make a "social experiment - EPIC SEXY PRANK!" on youtube?
>>
>>24491084
Because I'm actually a genius and he's making us look bad.

Top 1% in Putnam exam, perfect grades at CalTech, (so far, almost done with third year) published and recognized in the math department, while being surrounded by math wizards, AND I have a gf
>>
>>24491150

My point stands, sorry you don't like the presentation. Not in the habit of editing my 4chan posts.
>>
>>24490968
No wonder you're a depressed friendless tard. Have fun trying to liven up a get together with a thesis about the physics of gay frogs you kukhold. Learn the mandolin faggot.
>>
>>24491192
Would you say people at Caltech are as intelligent as you are?
>>
>>24491179
hey i'll have you know i got a few A's in high school and one of my community college teachers wanted me to aim for the stars.

ask me anything, i'm such a genius too bad im depressed and lonely. btw i know how to put a computer together ;)
>>
>>24491186
Mais oui. D'ou viens-tu?
>>
>>24491192
>Because I'm actually a genius and he's making us look bad.
This is really weird. Is genius a main part of your identity? Is that why you're upset when other people use the word to describe themselves? There are people that are geniuses, but utter failures at life, I hope you know.
>>
>>24490470
Tbqh this fag seems about as intelligent as anybody on this thread. I can't believe any of you are giving him validation. OP reminds me of that one guy with the ponytail in the bar from good will hunting.
>>
File: 1438335418266.jpg (72 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1438335418266.jpg
72 KB, 305x196
>>24491079
this is really embarrassing
>>
>>24491236
"How do you like them apples?"
>c-c-cider
>>
>>24491236
>OP reminds me of that one guy with the ponytail in the bar from good will hunting.

>>24491079 is 100% that scene
>>
>>24491135

Shooting from the hip, no googling. Right now pirated software and counterfeit goods sum up to roughly the GDP of one of the better-off provinces like Zhejiang. For every European firm which pulls out, there's an MNC like Starbucks which is still willing to open ~1 new store in the country every day in spite of the rampant proliferation of knockoff stores. As they adjust to a slower, more sustainable rate of GDP growth the CCP is being very careful with the reforms they implement. Cleaning up their fuel mix and reducing pollution will be painful as it is, even if they fudge the numbers as has been the case in the past. Speaking as a realist, it seems like turning a blind eye is better for China's interests than a crackdown. This might change in the next decade, especially if China joins the TPP and opens up to investor-state dispute resolution.
>>
>>24490470
http://boards.4chan.org/r9k/thread/24489656#bottom
nice try fag get your social experiments off r9k you pathetic twat
>>
File: 1448171058487.jpg (30 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1448171058487.jpg
30 KB, 474x595
wow anon, great skills, keep it up, proud of you!
>>
>>24491192
Good for you buddy. I hope that you achieve all your dreams.
>>
>>24491192
Post pictures of gf belly and feet.
>>
Conclusion: Users on the 4chan board /r9k/ respond to posts in order compensate for the self-esteem issues which compelled them to post pepes in the first place. Users were presented with threads telling differnet versions of the same story. One version highlighted negative feelings and experiences, while the other version focused on accomplishments and personal superiority. When responding to the negative version, users attacked the OP, with some users advocating suicide. The author posits that the typical r9k user rarely sees the opportunity to berate someone of a lesser perceived status, and takes advantage of the opportunity to boost their stunted self esteem. Meanwhile, the "genius" poster was quickly attacked by robots who thought that they were better, smarter, and more capable, descending almost immediately into ad hominem attacks. Again, this seems to be a question of the users' self-identifying as inferior, and responding with contempt to those who purported to be greater. The average robot, already down, must either drag the normie down to its level, or to relentlessly bully those unfortunate few deemed too low for a community of outcasts and NEETs. Such is the state of the board and the primitive culture which occupies it.
>>
>>24491352
Oy lad where's the answer to the rest of the questions?

>For every European firm which pulls out, there's an MNC like Starbucks which is still willing to open ~1 new store in the country every day
It's not just Euro firms. I mentioned them because they were the most recent ones to start pulling out in significant numbers. Japanese, Korean, and US companies have been either pulling out completely, as is the case for the nips and gooks, or significantly lessening manufacturing or basic material dependence from China, as is the case for US firms. And it's not just because of poor IP protection. It's also due to increasing costs of labor, without a significant increase in the availability of more skilled labor. Other places offer that, with the benefit of having actual IP protections. Having foreign firms opening service based businesses in China benefits China significantly less than having different firms opening manufacturing and development based businesses.
>>
>>24491719
Am I not going to get an answer because muh soshal experimunt?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.