[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /lostinterestintheirhobbies/ here? In high school I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1450295864056.jpg (216 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
1450295864056.jpg
216 KB, 2048x1366
who /lostinterestintheirhobbies/ here?

In high school I could go through an anime a week and several albums. All while playing MW2, EU3 and Sky rim.

Now I bought a PS3 and 3 games which I never really played. $150 right there. Then I bought a PS4 a membership and 2 games, $450 right there. So I basically wasted $600.

I work 50 hours a day and all I do do with the 3-4 measly hours I have when I get off work is shitpost and listen to random songs on YouTube.

Wagecuckery fucking sucks, I feel like a fucking zombie.
>>
>i work 50 hours a day
Tell me your secrets time wizard!
>>
More like /lostInterestInLife/. Currently in my deepest low of all time. for 3 weeks now. Nothing does even tingle any kind of emotion, also I am tired all the time.
>>
>>25054348
Sleep is so fucking good though. I hate having to go to bed on time (or else the next day will fucking SUCK) but sleep is the best thing.

As a kid in HS I remember wanting to do all sorts of shit when I became an adult, like buying DXM and Hawaiian Baby Wood rose etc and flesh lights and shit, but I still live with my parents so I have no privacy to buy anime girl posters and etc.

I'd love to have my own place so I don't have to tip toe around and be paranoid about masturbating to shotacon but my parents still buy me food and don't make me pay any bills.
>>
>>25054436
Yea, kinda in a similar situation. Brain fog still sucks though.
>>
>>25054562
Likewise.My thinking is so clouded in addition to becoming an apathetic bore with little interest in anything I used to enjoy, people must think I'm a retard. Drink at least 4x a week maybe by now the booze has made me a literal retard.
>>
File: 1424007673649.gif (1 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1424007673649.gif
1 MB, 250x141
>only hobby I can actually bring myself to do is go out to shoot
>no good shooting places where I live
>basically pay out of the nose for range fees and other bullshit to enjoy my already watered down hobby

JUST
>>
My membership to runescape ran out a week or two ago and I've lost all will to live. Luckily it's finals week so i don't have stuff to do every day, so i just stay up all night, jerk like 5 times then go to a final. I have no interest in playing and video games and i just watch shitty videos on youtube for literally 7+ hours until my next final
>>
>>25054313
Me. Wageslavery fucking sucks so fucking much. I just don't have time to be serious about any hobbies anymore.

As I always say, if you can stay NEET, do it as long as you can.
>>
>wake up
>feel shitty
>smoke a cigarette, drink some coffee
>think about all the things I want to try to do today
>no energy
>give up
>lie back in bed
>can't get back to sleep
>fuck it
>cut up a line of H and snort it
>feel good, happy, capable, and motivated
>definitely going to do more today than I would've otherwise
>might even go visit my towns game store
>might actually buy glue and paints to work on a model
>going to start looking for parts to order to build a computer
It truly is a miracle drug. Fuck, here comes addiction. Well as long as I have money, this is better than the NEET emptiness.
>>
>>25054313
Why did you buy a PS3?
>>
This just sounds like you're too tired after work, not losing interest. If you had more time off like in high school you would probably be playing black ops 3, Europa universalis 4, and fallout 4 and be enjoying them all. Or maybe you'd find new games, or other hobbies.
>>
>>25054313
>used to be really into making models
>not exactly a sociable hobby, but it was constructive
>born with a tremor
>tremor gets progressively worse to the point that I can't make anything without being medicated
>only way to get rid of it is Pills that I have to take everyday for the rest of my life that completely fuck up my blood pressure/heart or brain surgery
>move onto movies and video games
>watched everything, the novelty of a new game wears off faster and faster
>get into reading
>have read everything I have
>latest hobby
>shitposting and lurking on /r9k/
>>
>>25055834
I have 12 unbuilt models in my closet that taunt me whenever I look at them. I was lazy and mad dad never had the time to help me with them, but I kept buying them because I wanted to make them so badly back then.
>>
>>25055890
What models are they anon? The first one I ever made was a german fighter plane. I think it was a stuka. The last one I ever made was a panzer, and it completely fell apart.

Sorry to hear about why they went unmade. Maybe you should just sit down and try making one anon. It might feel cathartic
>>
File: 1440550119457.jpg (60 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1440550119457.jpg
60 KB, 706x706
>>25054313
>work 20 hours over the weekend
>taking 18 credit hours in engineering school
>no free time what so ever
>haven't played piano for 4 months
>haven't touched my sketchbook or tablet in 6 months
>when I do have free time I shit post here
>>
>>25055949
Mostly WW2 era aircraft, but there's also a WW1 biplane, a couple jets, a submarine, and the USS Missouri
>>
>>25056209
Start with the simplest one anon. I really enjoyed it, and it fills the time if you're just sitting around.
>>
>>25056379
I might. I just need to get some glue and paint and stuff.
>>
>>25056003
Where the fuck do people like you get energy and motivation from? Tell me your secrets
>>
>>25054313
HS/early college
>have school and sports
>spend free time playing vidya, working on shitboxes, hanging out with friends, feeding obsession with TV, shooting funs, and snowboarding
>up until 2am most nights
>not tired the next day

late college/wageslavery
>still relatively the same amount of hours of free time
>sold project car when school got moar serious
>stopped snowboarding out of fear of hurting self
>friends all quit vidya, I eventually quit becuase lone wolf is boring af
>friends always busy, so never hang out anymore
>start hitting the gym out of boredom
>mini gainz make me want moar
>6 days a week/2 hour workouts now
>after wageslaving and gym, I shitpost and go to bed
>rinse and repeat day after day

>tfw miss the life I used to have
>>
File: 1398525325960.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1398525325960.png
356 KB, 572x380
>>25054313

>something requires me to make an account
>fuck it
>>
>>25057414
this so much. I've forgotten and every email username and pass for every shitty site except MyAnimeList because that shit is important..
>>
Pretty much OP, I have to force myself to watch anime, and forget movies because the dedication of 2+ hours is too daunting for something that I'm probably only going to partially enjoy anyways. I haven't gone hiking in probably 6 months and now I lack the motivation to even roll out of bed and fingerfuck one of my guns. The things that used to define me as a person no longer bring me joy or entertainment.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.