[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /wenttoodeep/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
Who /wenttoodeep/ here?
>>
>>24457891
and trying to keep?
>>
>>24457934
up above in my head?
>>
>>24458003
Instead of going under
>>
>>24458022
Seems like each time I'm with you I lose my mind
>>
>>24457891
I went too deep in ur mum last night, she called me 30 times today
>>
File: 1446417278232.jpg (245 KB, 700x754) Image search: [Google]
1446417278232.jpg
245 KB, 700x754
>be drawfag
>take acid
>art style completely fucking changes and improves drastically
>wears off after a couple of months
>take more acid
>art skills go retarded
>suddenly good at music
>>
File: CCMDBjZ.jpg (65 KB, 577x771) Image search: [Google]
CCMDBjZ.jpg
65 KB, 577x771
One time I was reading Lovecraft while tripping off of Shrooms, and talked like how Lovecraft wrote for a couple hours
>>
>>24458144
>improves drastically
>good at music

Mate...

Mate.
>>
>>24457891
will 60 mikes be ok alone?
>>
>>24458395
did i break my noggin?
>>
Yeah I bought a half sheet of acid. Now my heads fucked up.
>>
fucking normies itt
>>
What is acid, how do I take it w
and what does it do?

/curios/ here
>>
>>24458528
google it you fucking retard
>>
>>24458466
If you don't even know that 'psychedelics' inflate your opinion of your work (all works, actually), meaning, degenerate your standards, you're... well, you're just about typically ignorant.

If you claim to draw, then you should know that feeling when you draw for an hour, think it's one of the best things you've ever done, save it, return to it the next day, and see it's shit, and you only liked it because your brain was under the combined influence of all the moods and ideas regarding it you'd eventually discarded (that this or that line was originally meant to represent this or that), but still made you think your drawing was richer than it is. And when you see it after it's gone, you realize that it's just a couple of lines.

This is literally what happens on 'psychedelics' re. art (in fact, creativity/insight in general), except it never really wears off.
>>
>>24458543
Id rather ask people who do it then read information from doctors who are likely bullshitting, like when the doctor told me my cigar smoking would cause lung cancer.
>>
File: dance dance.gif (2 MB, 183x224) Image search: [Google]
dance dance.gif
2 MB, 183x224
>got stoned as fuck one day
>hot jams playing on my computer
>suddenly can feel the beat
>like really feel in, deep into the core of my being
>start frantically dancing half naked in my room
>heart pounding at 120bpm but still going ham at it for half an hour

From that day on I can dance on cue. No need to even think, just let the music flow through me and go on autopilot.
>>
>>24458626
>what is acid
LSD, a psychedelic
>how do i take it
put it on your tongue
>what does it do
fucks with your brain for 8-12 hours
>>
>>24458681
>for 8-12 hours

More like 8-12 decades.
>>
>>24457891
>friend offers me some shrooms
>take ten to see how they affect me
>end up wanting more
>end up doing about 100 of the fuckers that night as we both got twisted and maul his supply he'd picked over summer
>trip balls all night
>took about an hour to walk home (normally only 15 minits) as i was stumbling, distracted and directionless
>wake up with the worst stomach ache i've ever had holding a toy sword inside a suitcase on my parents bed (they were on holiday thank fuck)
>shit came out black with green specs
>had visual problems for about a week

Overall a good life experience
>>
>did lots of psychedelics for a year
>havent done any in like 3 months
>the trips never do end anymore
>sometimes see so many visual floaters that it looks like there is a fire and there are tons of sparks in the air
>while driving home from work constantly swerving and stopping because the shadows fuck my shit up and I always think im gunna run over a small animal
>sometimes when im driving Ill get lost and forget where I was going, like on my way to work ill just "snap out of it" and be pulling in some parking lot on the other side of town, having driven there on autopilot
>walls are always gently billowing in the wind
>dissociate constantly and feel like my body is a ship and I am the captain steering it, mechanically making every move(edgy I know)
>Cant smoke weed anymore because it give me the most painful headache ive ever experienced and feels like my body is being scrubbed with steel wool(I never used to have this problem)
>cant fall asleep without using high amounts of sleeping pills
>when im on the verge of falling asleep I see flashing lights through my closed eyelids(like somebody is taking pictures with the flash on)
>wake myself up in the middle of the night with my limbs flailing around
I dont even know how this happened :(

JUST
>>
>>24458701
Seeing flashes is really annoying. Turning on the light stops it if i recall happens more in pitch dark
>>
>>24458701
>did lots of psychedelics for a year
How much is "lots" ? What were you using? Did you have any mental problems before you started?
It sounds like you have pretty severe HPPD.
>>
>be me 17 yo
>home alone so decide to trip with some friends (shrooms)
>start it of with just one friend, lets call him x
>took more than ever before
>x starts to act really off, spilling juice on my table and shit
>anxiety kicks in, afraid that parents might come home even though I new for sure that was never going to happen
>rest of friends come over I start to come down and calm down
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>x starts to cry talking about his depression and shit
>delusions kick in
>I think he just entered a higher spiritual level or some shit and I have to get there to
>Brain just splits in half or something idno
>I am now in space, seeing multidimensional graphs of time and space, convinced that I am a god
>No idea why but I just start braking shit. Ripped the door of my oven and broke some furniture.
>walked slowly back to my friends who are pretty much in shock, tripping balls, having a not so good time.
>start deliriously mumbling about math, looking at the wall like an insane person
>black out
>wake up like an half hour later idno
>feel fine

don't really know what to feel about it. just kinda something that happened.
>>
>>24458666
Checked
Satan can dance
>>
Yeah it's just a phase people go through. Been there, now I smoke occasionally with people who offer it or have a couple beers. Highlights of the phase include mentoring people on acid, smoking dmt, and having sex in a public park after snorting heroin.
>>
>>24459067
That must have been some shitty dope if you could keep it up.
>>
>>24457891
No, but ive sincerely regretted some of the things ive said while on MDMA and have since vowed to myself that i will not be doing that again.
>>
File: jimi_hendrix.jpg (74 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
jimi_hendrix.jpg
74 KB, 306x306
>>24458612

>'psychedelics' inflate your opinion of your work (all works, actually), meaning, degenerate your standards

Not always. Jimi Hendrix was under the influence of massive amounts of psychedelic drugs throughout his career and his results were so extraordinary that his name has become for guitar virtuosity what Einstein's is for genius.

Here's a somewhat unrelated source in favor of the pro-creativity LSD stance:

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/the-heretic
>>
>>24458415
60 probably wont even do anything lol
>>
File: 1447741922572.jpg (594 KB, 1459x1148) Image search: [Google]
1447741922572.jpg
594 KB, 1459x1148
>>24458612
I completely understand what you're going at my friend, but I've felt that feel many times and this one was a different feel.

I used to know nothing about value, hue, color, dimension, composition, shit like that. I'd just doodle cartoons with a pen. Adventure Time-tier bullshit, black on white.

When I was tripping, I grabbed up this 128-color box of watercolor pencils, and drew something kind of like pic related. I painted lots of crap like that for the next couple of months, but my muse kind of wore off and I was left with this really sketchy gesture style. I can't color quite as well even though I actually can now.

People that knew my work were surprised in the sudden jump in ability, so it wasn't just me. One of my teachers asked how I got so good so fast, and I just said I "had a sort of revelation" even though I can't really place how I did it. Like >>24458666 described, it was really just automatic.

The same thing happened with music, I just suddenly became able to do it. Having never really picked up an instrument before, I went from not being able to play "twinkle twinkle little star" to jamming out for ten minutes on the fly. My friends are in a band and have been practicing for years, but I can sometimes outplay them yet can't explain why - I have no understanding of rhythm or key. Sure they could all play a certain song in a certain key together, but they agreed my music sounds better to the ear as it's created on the whim, even though I can't control my process.
>>
>>24458415
That won't really do anything. Like you will have a slightly (huge amount of emphasis on that) altered thought pattern, but it's pretty much a waste of drugs. Either go with 125+ or go home. Small amounts of LSD either do almost nothing (perception wise) or just cause a lot of anxiety.
>>
>>24459141
Oh? What would you say was his -- let's not ask for 'best', because this notion might be poisoned by 'most popular' or 'most spectacular', but second and third best work (song-, not album-wise)? And at any rate, the causation is questionable. I mean, it makes a good myth that drugs made one creative...

>>24459180
Do a blind trial. Post a collage of your 'regular' and 'good' period and let people assign those.
>>
>>24459244
Though -- no, that won't work, you'll choose the worst of the former and the best of the latter. It'd have to be random.
>>
>>24459244
>it makes a good myth that drugs made one creative...

It's not a myth, it's fact: Psychedelics partially disable an inhibitor in the brain that directs which parts of the brain communicate with what. That's why some people can "taste the TV" or "smell Pink Floyd" while tripping ass. It's like if all the cars on the interstate forgot what the rules of traffic or safety were, and just drove wherever they pleased.

While the effects of this are in constant debate of being good or bad, there's no doubt drugs place one's mind in a state where odd concepts and beliefs are more likely to be conjured.
>>
>>24459364
This is undeniable, but I don't see how this has anything to do with creativity.
>>
>>24459244
>post a collage

can't do that, I only own an ancient cellphone that can't even flip open. I'm a broke motherfucker, no pictures.
>>
>>24459379
you probably have assburgers then, it's pretty simple
>>
>>24459141
He was really good before taking drugs and he was way less high than what people think he was. He just he gave off that impression because off stage he was incredibly shy according to everyone around him. Also he had a producer and a producer's job is to filter though the bullshit because a lot of creative can't judge their own work worth shit without ruining their magic.
>>
>>24457891
Using weed (I don't know if pure or with other shit in) I became very fucked up.
>>
>>24458822
not him, but I had similar. I'd trip weekly (1 tab per week, eventually moved to two, then three, then I tripped 20 after a month-long abstinence, and slowed down after that). There was also a week where I ran out of weed so I smoked through 3g of DMT

I know its' hppd but it's spooky.

If I have my fan going in my bedroom, my entire vision looks like a strobe-light.

I used to have where I was listening to music, I'd "see" it in my head, now I "see" the specific sounds coming from the speakers, from my guitar when I play, etc.

If I zone out, everything starts to morph and "whiiishhiiik" - its the word I made for this effect in the first 20 seconds of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymixDJ3jWcQ

I also have very bad anxiety/paranoia now. Probably because I'd be out in public during most trips.

Also, smoking weed now makes things melt/morph into mandala/fractal shapes. It's annoying as shit.
>>
>>24459244

I like this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XlatbZ5k-k

He has a pretty large number of good songs though.

>>24459379

Creativity is another way of saying novelty. An inhibition of ordinary tendencies in the brain can allow for looser associations which result in the discovery of new patterns that weren't noticed while sober. This has no inherent good or bad quality to it, people can put together garbage for lack of tighter associative thinking and people can put together brilliant, never before seen innovations by virtue of liberation from tighter associative thinking.
>>
>>24459462
It's not as extreme as the effects in that video, right? Anyway that really sucks. Have you found anything that helps alleviate your HPPD at all?
>>
File: why-00043.jpg (83 KB, 769x720) Image search: [Google]
why-00043.jpg
83 KB, 769x720
>Took like 500ug of LSD
>This was only like my 4th LSD trip ever
>Thought other shit like 2C-E, 3rd Plat DXM, and shrooms were enough experience
>Extremely vivid visuals
>Losing touch with reality in small bursts
>Staring at my ceiling
>See a shadow
>It starts moving around and getting bigger at an extremely slow pace
>Muscles start to ache
>Feels like if I move my limbs the wrong way I'll tear a muscle
>Feel trapped
>Become anxious
>Anxiety gets way out of hand fast
>Feel like I'm going to go insane and lose myself
>Realize being insane is basically as bad as being dead
>Already had a massive fear of death
>Get 2mg of alprazolam and kill my trip.
>>
>>24459421
>>24459379
My definition of creativity is weaving as many external and internal references into the work as possible. In visual terms, if I make a portrait, I can, for instance (excuse their naivety), give it a sickly hue so to contrast it with a particular expression that implies just having gotten out of hospital, or I can alter a certain contour, making it wavy or or dotty, and then reflect this alteration somewhere in the background, so to again create an impression the viewer's free to decode (what does it mean that a *part* of the face shares a style with a *part* of the background?). In textual terms, for instance, I could similarly make the mood increasingly more severe, only to make it serener for a couple of chapters, then resume the violence, and then change a totally different variable for the last couple of chapters, so to completely disrupt the reader's expectations. As soon as this corresponds to the narrative, it's creativity.

Drugs have absolutely no power to do this, because they disable the intellect responsible for seeing meaningful connections. All they can do is make you pour out the infamous stream of consciousness of shapes or dots.
>>
>>24459580
>then change a totally different variable for the last couple of chapters
e.g. change the grammatical person of narration

>>24459580
>stream of consciousness of shapes or dots
*shapes or words

Sorry, it's late here.
>>
I once did a whole weed.

Never again.
>>
File: 1448188537215.jpg (80 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
1448188537215.jpg
80 KB, 600x650
>dude acid lmao

As someone who took 100ug last month I honestly don't get the hype. I was high off my mind but I don't see the benefits.

Should I take more?
>>
>>24459566
Ah yes, the good ole horrible feeling that you're going insane. I had a very bad trip on 30mg of 4-aco-dmt. I came to believe I might just be the only being in the universe, or that perhaps I was just a lunatic in an asylum inventing the world around me.
I wanted to escape by killing myself. I saw a vivid image of me blowing my brains out and I watched the scene replay over and over again.

I ended up spending about 6 hours going between my bed and the bathroom in a state of terror and panic.
>>
>>24459531
>An inhibition of ordinary tendencies in the brain can allow for looser associations which result in the discovery of new patterns that weren't noticed while sober.

No. This looks fine on paper, but it just doesn't happen in reality. You can become more 'fluid', in the sense, you'll strum or splash paint with abandon, but this will just increase the randomness of your ideas within the narrow range of variables you can see. You'll not see *new* variables which to incorporate or modify as I tried to describe in >>24459580.
>>
>>24459580
>drugs can' t do that!

you've never done drugs.
>>
>>24459621
>100ug
lel
A decent tab is like 150+ in the US. In Europe tabs are expected to be 200+.
>>
>>24459657
What *will* and *does* happen, however, is artistic complacency, the impression that your insignificant manipulation of the narrow spectrum of ideas you've access to is profound. Exactly as with regular drug epiphanies.
>>
>>24459539
They are if I'm high on weed, less "defined" if not, I'm able to catch them and stop if that makes sense. But...I had to quit my job because of it.

>Have you found anything that helps alleviate your HPPD at all?
So far, just time and meditation. I haven't smoked weed in about three months and the effects have been going down drastically (I haven't tripped lsd or anything in over three years, but smoked weed daily) since then.

I've also been trying to have hobbies that are grounding - like biking, taking music more seriously, going back to school. It's tough, but I'm hoping I'll come out of this.

It's really weird because my body has an "itch" to trip again, but I'm worried I'll lose any grasp I have left. I've had two blotter tabs left, that I've been hanging onto for the past few years, thinking of taking a quarter of one to see how I feel after.

Another thing I forgot, I've become very susceptible to any drug. Coffee makes me feel like I'm on MDMA.
>>
>>24459677
It was 1p and I ordered it online.
>>
>>24459675
>the argument is about artistic creativity
>the subject literally is the observable characteristics of public works made with and without 'psychedelics' whose purpose is to be publicly seen and judged
>'You can't speak about this subject unless you've taken them yourself!'

I know you're a druggie, but please try to think before you post.
>>
>>24459580

>Drugs have absolutely no power to do this, because they disable the intellect responsible for seeing meaningful connections.

That isn't true. First of all, you can't lump together "drugs" into one box and talk about it without being wrong because different drugs do wildly different things. Secondly, if we're talking about LSD, it doesn't disable the ability to see meaningful connections. It loosens associations, which can allow you to see meaningful connections that you didn't notice before.
>>
>>24459657

>it just doesn't happen in reality

No, it does happen in reality:

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/the-heretic
>>
>>24459774
>It loosens associations, which can allow you to see meaningful connections that you didn't notice before.

No.

Simply, no.

I've been talking at druggies for years by now and of hundreds of 'connections' they made people purportedly see, the most meaningful one was 'prosperity comes and goes in waves'. This was literally the most relevant psychedelic 'insight' I've ever heard.

No creativity from 'psychedelics', no.
>>
>>24459689
It's best if you avoid weed and psychedelics. Abstinence might be your only real option here. Keep doing whatever you're doing as long as it helps. 420chan's detox or psy boards might be able to give you more advice.
>>
>>24459657
So it's basically useless unless you have already mastered the conventional methods. Eg. The Beatles worked extremely hard at making boring pop music, and only after that they started taking drugs and making great music. If they had started with the drugs with the beginning they would have made boring hippie music instead.
>>
>>24459701
Take a larger dose then.
>>
>>24459657
wanna explain how psychedelics erased my tendency for symbol drawing then?

symbol drawing is to draw something as the mind sees it, to represent it, instead of drawing it how the eye sees it. i.e. seeing a box and drawing a square or a cube instead of the box you see.

before mushrooms, I couldn't draw animals for shit.

while on mushrooms, I spotted the way the skeleton provides structure, the ligaments and muscle moving it, how the tissue clings and changes to the form. I drew this amazingly detailed portrait of my friend's bald cat when I couldn't do a cartoon cat for shit in the past. I didn't "strum or splash with abandon", it gave me precision and insight where there was none in the past.
>>
>>24459848
Basically, yes.

>>24459811
That's really tl;ds (too long; didn't scan). Quote a few pointers.
>>
>>24457891
I smoked weed once and started hallucinating I fell through a colourful inter-dimensional tunnel and a man in a suit was laughing at me. I had only a vague understanding of what was going on around me, but I do remember that we were watching TV and there was a black guy talking on the screen, only for me he was coming out of the screen and screaming every word he said.

Pretty sure it wasn't just weed in that joint desu.
>>
>>24459832
>talking at druggies

it's extremely clear from your posts that you have a bias against drug-users and cannot properly emphasize with them and can't really understand their viewpoint. Yes, a lot of conclusions come from drugs are trite, but that doesn't make all of them bad.

>concludes post with anecdote
>>
>>24459875
>muh burden of proof
>too lazy to have mindset changed
>american national anthem plays faintly in background
>>
I am one of the people who have smoked themselves retarded
>>
>>24459842
Yeah, I think that it'll be at least another year or two before I'm ready to dive into anything like that again. As much as I enjoy tripping, I'd rather hold onto my sanity. It's a good thing that my set/setting are both far from ideal at the moment, otherwise I would've given into that "itch" a while ago.

I'll check out those boards, never really been to 420chan so I'm sure it'll be interesting. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: 8.jpg (487 KB, 1445x1600) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
487 KB, 1445x1600
>>24459871
Well, is increased copying accuracy increased creativity under my definition? To me, it rather sounds like >>24459657 in the sense that you failed to be bored, and instead pushed through with the first idea that came to you, namely to represent every fold and bump you saw at the animal. In fact, now I think of it, this sounds to me as the opposite of creativity understood as abstraction: a compulsion to represent everything indiscriminately. Pic related.

>>24459945
>understand their viewpoint

'You just don't understand my art!'

>>concludes post with anecdote

This was not an 'anecdote', you cretin, it was the conclusion of years of actively querying druggies. If during years of seismic detection only one slight tremour was registered, would you call this 'anecdotal evidence' too? This is the dumbest thing I've read in a time.
>>
>>24459992

I used to like 420chan a lot until I finally decided to check out 4chan. Not that I was impressed by all the quality content on 4chan, but it's hard to go back to a slow image board website after you've experienced the instant gratification of posts every second that we get here.
>>
>>24459973
If it were five screens, I'd skim it, but not twenty.
>>
>>24460099

Not that anon, but I think it's considered anecdotal because it's your personal experience and not a controlled study in a reputable, peer reviewed journal.
>>
>>24460178
Not this tired shit again.

'Anecdotal evidence' only applies when there are 'peer reviewed' studies available, understand this for once.
>>
>>24459656
4-aco-dmt is that potent?
Is it still sold anywhere on the clearnet?
>>
>>24460099
are you the same guy that killed that /live off the land/ thread the other day? If so, fuck you.

If not, still fuck you. Let people believe what they want to believe, you don't have to be so fucking bitter and condescending about everything you don't approve.
>>
>>24460211
>>24460239
Don't respond to him, he's a shitposter who rambles on in pyschadelic threads.
>>
>>24460211

Are you saying there aren't peer reviewed studies available? Because this is one for example:

http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=489374
>>
>>24460215
I was shocked by how hard it hit me. I had taken 25mg before that and had a great time. I think that my thoughts just happened to get really bad while I was peaking so it created the perfect shitstorm.
Check out biochemlabsupply. I bought from them before they changed names and everything arrived in the US just fine. I haven't ordered from them since the name change though, but I hear they are still legit.
Even so I used a disposable credit card and ordered small amounts just in case.
>>
>>24460239
>Let people believe what they want to believe

Translation:

'Please don't point out my manipulations, lowered standards, populist definitions, and meaningless beliefs!'

If you even expect anyone to respect such a request, you are a horrible person.
>>
>>24460099

>I don't agree with someone therefore I shall try my hardest to shit all over everyone that tries to make me understand things I don't agree with

Classic
>>
>>24460295

Boy oh boy. As much as I hate to use this normalfag expression: You must be super fun at parties. You remind me of that bitter faggot that tried to crash every meditation thread. He didn't even bring any good evidence or even debate, he just shat all over every thread until people went "ugh" and closed the window
>>
>>24460340
That's because it is the same guy faggot, don't bother responding.
>>
>>24460271
Let's take a look. I suspect it might be going to use that embarrassing measurement of creativity as 'associative fluidity', which basically is lolsorandomxdness.

...Well, the preview ended at a sufficiently ambiguous 'approach familiar objects in a fresh and unique manner'.
>>
>>24460215
>>24460294
Oh and to clarify when I say I saw myself committing sudoku I mean I had a vivid image of it in my mind's eye. I wasn't hallucinating a clone of myself in the room or something.
The actual visuals can be very strong though on higher doses. It's a psilocin analogue, and if you take a fuckload of it (70mg or so) you are going to trip like you vaped DMT.
>>
>>24460361

I know man, I don't know why I waste my time. There I was, reading some decent discussion on drugs, and suddenly the fun stopped.

Let us debate some more. I am a total newfag when it comes to drugs, and I'm only curious. Should I give it a try, at least once in my life? If so, what's the "safest" acid/psycheledic to try?

Don't wanna have a bad trip and do something stupid
>>
>>24460444
>Should I give it a try, at least once in my life?
If your reason is "dude drugs lmao" then no.

>If so, what's the "safest" acid/psycheledic to try?
Shrooms is usually recommended first since the trip is short (4 hours I think)
LSD is fine as a first time as long as the dose is low (8 hours)
DMT/ayuasca is for experienced pyschadelic users.
>>
>>24460391
A semi-good measurement of creativity would be measuring small ad hoc home improvements. For instance, asked once to manually keep an object still, I without thinking just thew another object at it, achieving the same. Or, when I couldn't be bothered to ask a person to do something with a certain object, I just banged it at the wall, reasoning that they'd necessarily look at it, and there was (in that context) only one thing I could have wanted done with it. So I decided I could as well spare my breath.

Again, those are laughable examples, but this is creativity. Not 'what if you don't exist because the word "you" doesn't really mean anything'.
>>
>>24458626
>it would
>>
>>24458612
you've probably died or something by now, but I completely disagree, I take pychs all the time and I still hate all my art and all my music, but my friends and other people tell me its good. I dont even believe them, I literally think they just tell me my stuff is good because I look like i have down syndrome and they're trying to be nice to me
>>
>>24460584
>you've probably died or something by now

Hm?

>I take pychs all the time and I still hate all my art and all my music

That's interesting. You might be a genuine exception, I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>>24460444
>>24460520
>If your reason is "dude drugs lmao" then no.
You don't need to have some hippie spiritual reason for using psychedelics. Curiosity is not a bad reason.
What matters is set and setting. You want to be comfortable and fairly relaxed.
Mushrooms or LSD would be fine. Look into a lemon tek extraction for mushrooms (reduces/eliminates stomach pains) and look into buying spores if you have no drug connects.

Bad trips come from inside. You have to remain positive the during the trip. If anything goes wrong you just have to ride it out and be calm. That being said, valium and other benzos can be taken to chill you the fuck out and "abort" the trip.
>>
Psychedelics cause hyperconnectivity in the brain. Basically parts of the brain that usually don't communicate with each other do on psychedelics.
http://www.livescience.com/48502-magic-mushrooms-change-brain-networks.html

This can cause anything from loosening of associations to synesthesia. So yes, I would say they can increase creativity - in the sense that they allow you think and perceive in ways you can't while sober.

Vid related, KOOL AD. He smokes a lot of weed. His raps are likewise full of knight's move thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZ6prs3aSg
>>
>>24460520

Can you define "dude drugs lmao"? I just want to experience something that's outside my daily life. Dive just a little into the unknown. I feel like drugs are way to let your body and mind just let it out somehow.

Does that classify as "dude drugs lmao"?
>>
>>24460699
No, I mean normies who do drugs for fun. People who do drugs for the sake of doing drugs.
>>
>>24460777

Oh, no, fuck that. If I'm going to take anything into my system it's going to be with a purpose and not for pure recreational fun.

More like sitting in my room trying to figure out things kinda way.
>>
>>24460822
Yea, pyschs will help you a shitload with that.
>>
>>24460822
>>24460777
>>24460699
check'd

Also, >>24460822
If you want, read a book called 'psychedelic experience' - it gives insight into what happens during a trip
>>
>>24460882

Noice. Will do. Actually I was in need of an interesting read to make things comfy during the winter.

Also, i've had dubs 3 posts in a row now. This is a sign that I should trip balls at some point.
>>
>>24460822
pychedelics are really good for either making you a noided weirdo, or a down to earth human being who just goes with the flow of it all. Ive experienced both first hand, and the noided weirdo part isnt worth the 12 hours of colors and bliss. I still trip bi-monthly though so I cant not recommend it.
>>
>>24460645
>You want to be comfortable and fairly relaxed.

Not this again.

Why can't you at least be honest that you just want him to accept the changes the drug is going to wreak?

Why are you so shameless in disallowing him to choose the context of the trip, only to make him believe that it is really a grave concern (which it is not)?

Why do you pretend that you have his well-being in mind, while in reality you just want to create in him a copy of yourself, with your own values, similarly empathetic and morally indifferent (again, 'let people believe what they want to believe', which betrays the same mindset as 'not your business' with which an abusive spouse justifies abuse)? Which is going to be the effect of tripping while 'calm' and 'relaxed'?

Why are druggies such vile people?

>>24460689
>think and perceive in ways you can't while sober

One doesn't think on 'psychedelics', and only barely after.
>>
Don't respond to the guy above me
>>
>>24460822
>figure out things

Won't happen. What WILL happen, however, is that you'll begin call 'having figured out' the most meaningless shit about the self and the ego and self-improvement. And you'll yell that people just don't understand when they ask you what you mean.
>>
File: 1447478232940.png (86 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1447478232940.png
86 KB, 320x320
>>24460956
>One doesn't think on 'psychedelics', and only barely after.

Here's your (You)
>>
>>24460955
>who just goes with the flow of it all

Reminder that that the list of all epithets which druggies have thrown at me for saying that 'psychedelics' make you passive would exceed the post length limit.
>>
>>24461024
But of course, between 'passive' and 'just going with the flow of it all' there is a fundamental, crucial difference, which just happens for one reason or another never to be directly stated by druggies it positing.
>>
>>24460971
Translation:

'Listen to me, not to him.'
>>
Don't responnd to the guy above me
>>
Is weed a psych?

I smoked it once in CO and it just made me paranoid and miserable for 5 hours. I didn't feel at all relaxed nor did I see anything.
>>
File: 1409005116205.jpg (44 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1409005116205.jpg
44 KB, 681x496
>>24461140
>Is weed a psych?
>>
>>24461024

You can be an active force and the world and still 'go with the flow'.

'Going with the flow' means to simply accept things as they are. You can be accepting and still working towards something.

People with type A personalities often get more done than most, but when something goes wrong or not the way they expect, they cant handle it.

>WHY. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING. WHY WHY WHY!?!?!? I WORKED SO FUCKING HARD HOW CAN THIS FUCKING HAPPEN

No matter how much you do there will always be things out of one's control, psychadelics have the potential to instill the kind of perspective where you can see this.
>>
File: alpha industries bomber.jpg (79 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
alpha industries bomber.jpg
79 KB, 612x612
>>24459580
>My definition of creativity
The universe doesn't abide solely to your definitions and your definitions alone. Sorry kid.

Also, how is modifying something "to weave references in" comparable to creating something completely new or even lateral thinking?
>>
>>24461155
I'm not a druggie, so I dunno

What is it supposed to feel like? My friend was with me and she kept laughing about random shit while I just sat there feeling crazy depressed
>>
>>24461140

Most dont define it as a psychedelic but it does have psychedelic properties.

I remember the first time I got high my visuals were distorted much like acid, things were bending and moving very clearly. And I had full closed-eye-visuals.

Those these effects are generally uncommon and require a combination of low tolerance/high susceptibility to the weed as well as good fucking weed.
>>
>>24458666
>>24459001
What the fuck is up with this numerology shit
>>
>>24460956
We're all tricked into taking them sooner or later. Now I'm thoroughly brainwashed by a fungus. The fungus that won.

At least that's what I 'thought' when I was tripping.
Is this me?
>>
>>24461162
>You can be accepting and still working towards something.

How many times did I hear that re. 'meditation', said to magically relax you and make you more driven at the same time.

>'You should go with the flow!'
>'And you should be unyielding!'
>'And, uh, those two can go together... somehow. I'm not sure how, but you bet there's a configuration which allows having the cake and eating it too!'

Typical insubstantial, immaterial conception of the mind. The mundane reality is that 'psychedelics' will make you choose the route of concession, of 'whatever', of evasion ('there is no point arguing', 'it's her own fault', 'he wouldn't understand anyway') rather than of opposition.
>>
>>24461223
Ok. I figured. When I went to sleep that night I saw some wavy shit when I closed my eyes and I wasn't sure what that was. It was nothing like DXM, which produced a full on kaleidoscope rainbow thing
>>
>Get out normies
>Drug threads

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO ARCANINE
>>
>>24461287
An example is just five posts away.

>>24461195's evasion of my definition of creativity with 'everybody has his/her own'. He didn't ask for clarification of a part of it, he posed no external, social arguments why it should be adopted or rejected or altered, he was just content to imply 'there's no way there could be agreement anyway'. This is essential of druggies. You'll learn to recognize it.
>>
>>24461321
R9K has a bunch of hipster stoner pesudo-normies who do drugs and go to parties yet still hang out here for some fucking inexplicable reason. It's no longer a haven for virgin manchildren, sadly.
>>
File: 1397980902811.jpg (69 KB, 632x475) Image search: [Google]
1397980902811.jpg
69 KB, 632x475
>>24460956
Hahhahaahah it's you.

You're that faggot you tried to crash all the meditation threads a while back.

How's it going buddy? Either you're still getting paid to shill, or you genuinely have an autism spectrum disorder.

I not sure which is worse.

Anyway I hope they fire you soon. No one actually believes in your bullshit. And your attempts to derail the thread just causes it to be bumped more. You are terrible at this job.
>>
>>24461155
its a mild psychedelic yes
>>
>>24461360
>lol I'm such a robot
>fucks girls
>Does drugs
>Has an active social life
>Plays like no video games

Arcanine...
>>
>>24461378
Whichever of your (false) motivations were the case for me, at least both autistic obsession and financial gain would be a better reason to post than just having been prompted to by a drug, as is the case with you.
>>
Don't respond to the poster above me
>>
Did homemade ayahuasca yesterday, shit got too fucking crazy. 30 minutes felt like 50 years.

Needless to say, I'm doing it again in two weeks.
>>
File: Salvia comic green couch.jpg (692 KB, 1056x4830) Image search: [Google]
Salvia comic green couch.jpg
692 KB, 1056x4830
>>24457891
>Smoke Salvia
>be shown the truth that this entire plane of existence is just a form of entertainment for the beings above us
>forever feel slightly uneasy every time that I masturbate & use the toilet

any other drugs besides DMT & Salvia is just entry-level stuff, fun, but nowhere near as reality-shattering.
>>
File: chris chan wojak.jpg (169 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
chris chan wojak.jpg
169 KB, 450x600
>>24461321
>>24461360
Normies stole our drugs and drug culture, just like how they stole all the memes.
>>
>>24461360
It's not a drug thread, it's a psychedelics thread. Psychedelics are the most robot of all drugs. They're too safe to be cool like motorcycles, they are bad for socializing, and they promote nerdy behavior like writing detailed trip reports.

But I actually got laid because some normalfags mistakenly think psychedelics are hardcore. I did lots of shrooms (they were even legal at the time) and accidentally gained an image of being dangerous and exciting. I had long hair (because I hate haircuts), listened to metal (the nerdiest music genre), and my poor social skills looked like alphaness if you didn't examine them too closely. But to normalfags image is everything.
>>
Now, to return to...

>>24461195
>comparable to creating something completely new or even lateral thinking

'Lateral thinking' sounds buzzword-y, so I'll see the definition on tfd.com instead of Wiki.

>a way of solving problems by rejecting traditional methods and employing unorthodox and apparently illogical means

I'm underwhelmed. You're basically another tautologist, 'true creativity is doing things creatively'. And 'creating something completely new' is also susceptible to considering 'new' something, as I described, that admittedly is varied, but only on the first level; the second level, variance of variance, the number of variables which vary (e.g. composition AND colour AND subject matter AND technique AND exhibitional context AND...) can still be unimpressive.
>>
>>24461471
Have you done DMT?

Is it similar to this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ztU1bafTig
>>
>>24461441
>drugs are bad

then why are they used to treat mental illness?
>>
>>24461562
Yeah I've made it, but aya is so much easier to make and the trip is 1000x more intense and lasts for 6 hours.
>>
>>24461491
Damn. Did you interact with any entities?
>>
>>24461572
To turn you into a dependent fucking slave to drugs prescription or otherwise
>>
>>24461572
Because out of misguided empathy, psychiatrists define as mental illnesses non-delusional (non-cognitive) afflictions such as affective disorders or obsessions, which are 'treatable' by 'psychedelics' by getting you to care about nothing.
>>
File: HALF MAN HALF ARMOR.webm (699 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HALF MAN HALF ARMOR.webm
699 KB, 640x480
LSD was cool; helped me out a lot but I'm okay with regular weed too.

>currently the Highest Man in the World
>>
>>24461603
>by getting you to care about nothing.

Isn't that a solution in and of itself?
>>
>>24461602
I'd rather (self) medicate and be happy & not permanently enxious, than be a nervous paranoid wreck all the time m8.

People with diabetes take insulin. same difference.
>>
>>24461584
To be honest, I've been on 200mics of LSD for 12 hours and had to abort it with a benzo because I got too tired of being high.

Don't think being on aya for 6 hours would be great for me.
>>
>>24461562
and yeah, it looks similar, but you have to experience it to know what it actually looks like. And the visuals aren't the part that's good. It's the realizations and the way it tricks your mind. I speak for languages fluently, so the drug actually mixed all four and forced me to speak and think in it, so I couldn't even understand my own thoughts. And I did contact beings, but they were very mischeveous, almost to the point of being evil, and it really scared me. Also I experienced shadow beings while my eyes were open, which really startled me since I've never had open eye hallucinations that vivid before.
>>
>>24461628
Well, it's as legit as suicide, which I support completely. The problem is that with suicide, everyone knows (>inb4) what's going to (not) happen to you afterwards, while only 'meditation' equals 'psychedelics' in terms of misinformation on its effects.
>>
>>24461653
Any good tutorials on how to extract it?
>>
>>24461647
Yeah I have to say it does get a little tiring. Mentally and physcially. Your body feels like stone and these beings just won't stop talking and tricking your brain with false memories.

For 4 hours I was sitting there thinking "Is that really my memory? No can't be."
>>
>>24461660
>Well, it's as legit as suicide

As long as you admit it's a solution, all good.
>>
>>24461660
Hey pal, what else do you hate besides 'meditation' and 'psychedelics'? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>24461560

Lateral thinking is more along the lines of taking solutions from other areas of life or other intellectual disciplines and applying them to seemingly unrelated problems. The classic example is the story of Alexander solving the Gordian Knot; the knot was impossible to solve because everyone was coming at it with one method, untying. Alexander instead drew his sword and chopped it in half, untying the knot easily by applying a new element to a previously unsolvable problem.
>>
mirrors deep and i look into ti.
>>
>>24461705
YourseIf.
>>
>>24461600
yup, it was pretty much the exact same as pic related but it wasn't a bunch of little green men, just one formless entity in a sea of expanding fractals, it told me that I wasn't ready, then I came back to my sweaty physical self.

I've smoked Salvia over a hundred times, getting to that level is pretty difficult. The upside is that I always feel so fresh and invigorated afterwards, not unlike the afterglow of a shroom trip.
>>
>>24461669
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Cybs'_Hybrid_ATB_'Salt'_Tek

But I would HIGHLY suggest just making aya, less time (9 hours if you wanna go traditional, or 3 if you just wanna do it)
>>
>>24461692
No kidding. I get major stomach cramps, jaw clenching and and muscle aches while on LSD. Plus it's way too stimulating.

So for 12+ hours I couldn't eat anything, couldn't rest, couldn't really sit still. I was basically pacing around for most of the time.

I did manage to watch Samasara and some Planet Earth episodes though. Those were amazing on acid. Went outside and looked at the stars too. I could see every star in the sky, and the web that joined them all.
>>
>>24461603
oh you're that "meditation and psychedelics make you care about nothing" memer.

How's life as a backwards idiot?

If you had ever even tried to do either one or both of those things, you'd know that you come out much more full of apathy and caring about yourself and the world around you.

The best to not care about anything and cultivate apathy is to sit in front of a TV and/or video game console, and also 4chan.
>>
>>24461491
>tfw currently wondering about the show I've been putting on

I have no idea what to believe anymore

Reality has always been a fucking lie
>>
>>24461771
thanks Iad
>>
>>24461727
Great. At least you admit you are a hateful person. We all suspected it anyway.

When do you go off shift? I'd like to enjoy 4chan without your petulant moaning and false logic.
>>
>>24461807
holy fuck mate
simple.
>>
>>24461706
This is not a very good example -- or rather, in the context of this thread, it is. Drugs can at most give you 'solutions' -- crude, and in fact, never amounting to more than 'let's just fuck the rules completely', such as cutting the knot (equivalent to a druggie saying 'let's just fuck that asshole/that cunt/my family/this damn degree/this or that'). A true solution, true creativity, would involve playing along, obeying the game, but incorporating extra variables. For a trivial example, oiling the knot (physical knowledge). Or using some sort of reverse engineering, some mathematical magic perhaps (I believe knot theory is a realm of math), asking the people who've tied it for the exact sequence. Or exposing the fabric to some agent that makes it come together, making it easier to pull. That's creativity. Or, to borrow from another myth, exiting a labyrinth using that one trick of always taking right turns or something. The druggie equivalent, the druggie 'solution' to it, would be something like 'make yourself at home in the labyrinth' or 'befriend the Minotaur'; I'm joking, but this reflects a serious distinction between engaging a problem and just breaking its whole context, which I really want you to appreciate.
>>
Don't reply to the above poster
>>
>>24461817
>false logic

Where?
>>
>>24461940
If I were you, I'd write a userscript adding a position to the 4chan extension drop-down post menu evoking the QR window with a preset text of your choice.
>>
What's better to see on acid the zoo and cemetery or the aquarium and art gallery
Also if I want to get fucked on DXM but I actually do have a cough what would happen?
>>
>>24461973
Probably the aquarium/art galley for acid.
>>
>>24461973
Everything except the cemetery. Unless you are going on a bright summery day.

Your cough will be suppressed.
>>
>>24461940
Screw you imma be a rebel
>>24461896
>tfw I know nothing about drugs so this all sounds like lunacy to me

I was told drugs were bas
>>
>>24461973
neither of those things really, because you'd be going to a prison for animals and that's a really big bummer while tripping
>>
>>24461471
how do you make it?
>>
>>24462047
I meant to type Bad

Why does the universe seem so strange to me now
>>
>>24461896
In just the other thread, I described how such context-breaking, as opposed to context-bending... well, I just realized that it might be another facet of the difference between science and religion. When a scientist is asked how to, say, construct something most effectively, he replies. When a Buddhist is asked the same question, he asks 'why do you need to build it at all?'. The Buddhist wins universal acclaim and the scientist is shamed, but it is the latter that deserves praise for his brainwork and competence.

This too is something one learns to see with experience.
>>
Don't respond to the above person
>>
>>24462093
In other words, quality versus quantity. The 'psychedelic'/Buddhist 'solutions' are far-fetched, but eventually impotent. They get nothing real done.
>>
>>24461896
>true creativity is oiling a knot

you must feel like a thousand Leonardo DaVincis when you internet isn't working and you fix it by turning your router off and then back on again.
>>
>>24459209
will i be ok 10 hours after 120?
>>
>>24462157
Not really nice of you to omit the 'trivial' from the quote. But I agree I should've thought of better examples.
>>
>>24462107
he's replying to himself now, does that count?
>>
>tfw really like shrooms even though the high isn't even pleasurable to me
>>
>>24462230
I always prefer the mentally & emotionally-refreshed feeling that I get for months afterwards, rather than the actual trip itself
>>
>>24461360
most of the huge druggies i know are losers and not normies
>>
>>24461791
Stopping caring always involves beginning to care about other things. The problem is that every order of stopping caring degenerates your interests.

When you stop caring about, say, consistency of beliefs, that you should never contradict yourself, you begin to care about relationships.
When you stop caring about relationships, you start caring about 'having fun'.
That in turn discarded, you define your goals as just 'going with the flow'.
When you begin to question even that, you declare yourself as 'just witnessing reality for what it is'.

Every time, some new, (badly) object of your enthusiasm appears, arguably more 'profound' by the (questionable) virtue of being more 'down to earth', which could be (badly) argued to prove that you're not apathetic. But in reality, such proofs soon become untenable.
>>
File: no more frog.jpg (8 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
no more frog.jpg
8 KB, 316x202
>>24462230
>tfw no dealer ever has shrooms to sell
>always have to make friends with random people that I have almost nothing in common with and infiltrate their circle of friends because one guy grows them once a year and I have to do shrooms with them and they're absolute buzzkills

I can't wait to have my own place and grow them myself
>>
>>24462337
Do you maybe want to throw some bacon bits and a nice Italian dressing on top of that word salad?
>>
>>24462352
Where do you live? here in austin people literally sell them in the crowd at concerts.
>>
>>24462397
I know of no way to ensure that it is you who are responsible for the miscommunication and not me.
>>
>>24461360
It has plenty of those, but it also has shut in fuck up hardcore drug users too. We have plenty of benzo addicts who haven't ever bought drugs off the internet, darknet experts who do shitloads of drugs, and people who maintain a couple social connections just fro drug use.
>>
>>24462407

What kind of concerts are you going to?

Montreal, Canada

There actually is a specific park in the city where it's virtually impossible to not get shrooms, but prior to finding out about that every single time that I asked a dealer if they had they were like "nah sorry bro but I have 7 flavours of weed and GHB and coke and molly and a bunch of other drugs you've never even heard of"
>>
>>24458701
youre having Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (acid Flashbacks)
>>
>>24462536
Of montreal, panda bear. Basically /mu/core bands and you'll find shroom/weed dealers galore.
>>
>>24462337
please tell me what drug you are on that makes you write that way
i want some
>>
I always wanted to try LSD at least once but I have accute anxiety and my mind has been in a constant fog for months, I don't really no why. I've been sober for a week now, no weed, no booze and I hope it will solve that mind fog issue. My question is, based on my post, do you think that acid is for me or should I stay away from it ?
>>
>>24463226
I know this is sarcasm, but I (1) am relatively old, (2) am a non-native speaker, (3) have been influenced by writing of a person with AS, (4) have been exposed to reading relatively early apparently, and (5) might have inherited a figurative manner of speech, which is not at all a good thing, from a parent.
>>
>>24463726
Also, there's obviously an editing/copy & paste mistake in the penultimate sentence. I'm stopping proof-reading my posts.
>>
>>24463726
Also, forgot (6): have minor experience with programming, which, through familiarity with syntaxes, might have contributed to finer parsing of natural languages (e.g. splitting: split infinitives, phrases such as, off the top of my head, 'to speak both about and from the position of...', etc.), and (7): studied English at a university for a time.
>>
File: 1438244493568.jpg (445 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1438244493568.jpg
445 KB, 499x499
>want to try psychedelics especially DMT
>literally have no idea where to go

I only smoke weed but if I wanted meth or coke or heroin or crack or any other type of common urban drug found in southern california I could find very easily if desired but I'm not attracted to try any of that.
>>
>>24463726
Finally, (8) there *might* be very slight traces of obsessive-compulsive disorder as would explain a liking for alliteration ('that in turn', facilitated by pseudo-synaesthesia) or parallellisms ('stopping caring' (double participle), 'off the top of my head' ('o'-word, a pronoun/an article, a noun)).
>>
File: jung.jpg (278 KB, 814x1080) Image search: [Google]
jung.jpg
278 KB, 814x1080
I really think there's something TO dissociatives, like beyond the superficial "lol you're just high man". I've literally astral projected myself into other peoples' dreams and had them confirm with me that I was THERE. I've talked with beings that have told me things that there's no way I could have known otherwise. I've read obscure religious texts and I could guess what was going to happen next, as though it was something I've read before. There's just way too many coincidences for this to be chalked up to something stupid. You can read John Lilly's writings and see that there's something there. Leary believed ketamine unlocked the final circuit of the human consciousness. You have to study Freud, Jung, quantum physics, swarm theory, biochemistry, Hermeticism, the Upanishads, number theory, group theory, chaos theory logic, philosophers like Heidegger and Kant and Hegel, etc., to even begin to tie it all together, but it's all there. Each aspect of our universe is equivalent to all others. The universe acts like our mind, there is a sexuality to war and poverty, religion behaves like an organism, all thing have gender. There are innate truths which embed themselves on all planes of being, vibrating between poles of greater and lesser. There is something to dissociatives like DXM, MXE, PCP, and ketamine; they act upon our sensory data by cutting off our material senses and enhancing our extramaterial senses, something that's fundamentally on a different order from the psychedelics or any other class of drugs. The sigma receptor is also very important, I believe it has to do with emotional-cognitive awareness, showing its effects on anti-depressants, DXM, and cocaine.
>>
>>24464321
>literally astral projected myself

Don't be so self-important. It was your country's space agency that projected you, not yourself.
>>
>>24464070
You can extract your own DMT or even just make ayahuasca/pharmahuasca.
>>
>>24459209
this is wrong. Small doses can be tons of fun if your tolerance is low. 80 mics keeps me blissed out for 12-14 hours
>>
>In September of 2015 a bill was introduced into Congress that would make MXE a Schedule I substance if it passes. [34]

OH SHIT THERE GOES THE GREATEST DRUG KNOWN TO MAN
>>
>>24457891
So I went to a halloween party this year, the day I moved to a new country. Everyone was doing shrooms. I hesitated because I've ever done shrooms in an environment that wasn't my home, with strangers around. Also it's a halloween party and people are watching stupid jack-ass tier videos that are making me feel sorta uncomfortable and people are wearing costumes. I decide to just go with it and take a low dose

As I start to come up I have this urgent feeling inside of me that's sort of like nausea. I want it out of me. I don't throw up but it's this realization that I'm on drugs and I actually don't want to be on drugs and there's nothing I can do.

Hallucinations hit me first and I realize that these shrooms are much stronger than I thought they'd be. Everything is patterns and everywhere I look it gets worse. There are little halloween decorations like plastic toy dismembered arms on the floor. I'm slowly getting freaked out. I hope it stays like this and I can ride it out, but then suddenly I feel it go up another level.

I grab my husband and tell him we need to leave immediately. I have a hard time recognizing my shoes because the colors are all wrong. the guy who's throwing the party comes over and asks me if I'm okay but I can't look at him because he's a juggalo and his face is scaring me.

We start walking home and I feel guilty for making us leave the party but also nervous because I can tell this is going to get bad. I cry a little bit.

We get home to our apartment, which I should mention is a place I've only been to once before. I just moved here today. My cat which I moved with me is being manic and frantic and I do not have the mental capacity to deal with him. We have two cats and we need to keep them separated or else they will fight.

I lock him out and the anxiety of hearing him yeowl and beg for attention is freaking me out. My doctor gave me Diazepam for my cat, to help the move. I swallow both of them (10mg) and curl up on the bed.
>>
>>24464979

I am freaking out. I am too terrified to close my eyes, but leaving them open isn't much better it's all colors and patterns and shifting lights and not like it usually is. Before it used to be concentric circles, this time it's all just melting. and I can't look at my husband. I can't think too deeply about moving here or I will start to unravel and lose control with fear and anxiety. I feel like I'm losing control of myself for about an hour I just stare at the wall whimpering and listening to my cat wail and just trying to hold on to my sanity, trying not to think about anything

My husband, remembering me telling him about Kiki's Delivery Service and wanting to watch it with him today, pulls it up and we start watching it. The animation and the story is beautiful, it's my favorite movie and I've seen it a hundred times. I know nothing bad happens to her. I focus all of my attention on this body, I lean against my husband's chest and he kisses my head and we watch together. I feel the diazepam kick in and suddenly I'm okay. We're floating through the movie and it's magical.

By the time the movie ends I'm feeling in control of myself enough to go out and give my cat the attention he needs. I sit down and pet him for an hour until we both feel better.

The next day I wake up fucking relieved that I'm not on drugs anymore.

I've decided not to do shrooms anymore. My first shroom trip was better but still utterly terrifying. I hate feeling like I'm losing control of myself.
>>
>>24464979
>I grabbed my husb-

stopped reading there
>>
>>24465024
>I hate feeling like I'm losing control of myself.

God bless you. This is very rare already, let alone after drugs become yet more popular.
>>
>>24465043
he's also a robot, if it helps any.
>>
>>24465094
(The thing to understand is that it is a myth, bringing red and blue pills to mind, that there is any inherent good in 'letting yourself go' and 'losing control'. We've all been told this as children: 'you need to forget about yourself' But I am only now realizing that it was just normie parents wanting to get us to enter situations with as little consideration for the consequences as they did. It is fine to be reluctant.)
>>
>>24465289
(Again cf. druggies' explicit demands that you 'let go' and 'just accept whatever goes' during a trip.)
>>
>>24465324
(The point is that whichever mindset you adopt during a trip becomes imprinted; meaning, if you enter it with a disregard for consequences, it is going to inform your future behaviour as well. This is desirable for druggies, them being lowlifes who don't want to be reminded of their thoughtlessness by people who still *do* think about consequences of their actions.)
>>
>>24464070
just dark net that shit

alternatively you can legally order the plants used to make Ayahuasca, which is DMT in a drinkable form.

>>24465289
>>24465324
(Why are you typing entirely in parentheses?)
>>
>>24465094
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I heard after we left the party a lot of people had a bad time. Makes me wonder why people want to feel that way.

I'm laying off all the drugs except weed and booze for the forseeable future. I'm just kinda done with them.

>>24465289
My first trip I lost control in the good way. I let it happen and I dug deep and it was okay because I was in the right headspace for it. I walked up to the void and I was scared to go in. I forgot how to be a person.

It was a bad trip but I came out of it alright.

This trip was all bad. If I let it happen I'm certain I would have been traumatized.
>>
>>24465452
>(Why are you typing entirely in parentheses?)

Because it is all fragments of one digression. Apparently I didn't find it digressive enough to remember to sage all three posts though.
>>
>>24465527
>it is all fragments of one digression

(so?)
>>
>>24465094
>>24465324
I've never felt like I'm losing my mind while tripping. You never lose awareness that you have taken a drug (unless you do something dumb like take anticholinergics). What is important, and what some people might confuse with "letting go", is accepting that once you've started you're stuck tripping until it wears off, and trying to fight it is pointless. You must control your emotions, and the most reliable way to do this is to have an attitude of detachment. This isn't some kind of surrender, it's merely refocusing your attention so you can enjoy the experience. Normalfags have great difficulty with it. If you can't control your emotions you are no better than a lower animal.
>>
>>24465575
>This isn't some kind of surrender

Translation:

'I'm telling you that the surrender isn't surrender, so that you do it.'
>>
>>24465575

Don't try to talk any sort of sense into >>24465324 he is quite literally insane and/or autistic.

Spend enough time in threads about Meditation, Psychedelics or Buddhism especially and you'll see & recognize his verbose nonsense spilling all the time
>>
>>24465599
Translation:

'I'm ruled by my emotions like a normalfag.'
>>
>>24465599
translation: i will mindlessly defend my incompetent mischaracterization of your position despite any explanation suggesting i'm wrong or off-base
>>
>>24465599
Again, if you succeeded in force-feeding me 'psychedelics', I hope I would to everything in my power to resist it, in vain as it might be. Just to try to spite you. I'm almost convinced that the dreaded 'bad trip' is overstated, anyway, and is just a bogeyman you use to bully people into, again, taking every single nonsensical epiphany and emotional degeneration in stride ('...or else, the BAD TRIP will happen!').

>>24465637
>he is quite literally insane and/or autistic

For someone who qualifies it with 'quite literally...', you seem rather unsure of your exact diagnosis.
>>
>>24465735
>Drugs are bad and druggies are bad, they just sit around and waste their time
>I better waste my time arguing with them on the internet!

whatever floats your boat I guess
>>
>>24465689
I fail to see how it is not you it applies to. See >>24465735.

>>24465714
Hush.

>>24465808
Reread >>24462093, Buddhist.
>>
>>24465735
When you are tripping your brain is malfunctioning. It is not possible to resist the effects with willpower. There are a great many reports of people who try, and they all fail. This failure often causes severe distress. The correct behavior is to act like a human and learn to ignore emotions. Psychedelics are like the emotional version of the pain generator box from Dune (although you can influence how likely it is for the pain to be turned on or not).
>>
>>24465871
>This too is something one learns to see with experience.

I don't see what that post has to do with mine, but I regardless find it amusing that someone with absolutely no experience with drugs or meditation or Buddhism would spend their time talking about them with the utmost authority.

Poor choice of words on your behalf senpai baka desu
>>
>>24465882
>It is not possible to resist the effects with willpower.

I admitted almost as much.

>This failure often causes severe distress.

I'm almost 100% certain that it is worth it in the longer term, no matter the 'distress', by asserting unwillingness to yield to emotions. I have thousands of times felt temptations, during daily life, to just relax, to just forgive myself, to just seek comfort without earning it, e.g. through remembering something or coming up with a phrasing or a thought to be proud of (under my personal standards) beforehand. As far as I can remember, I have resisted every single such situation. It might be meaningless to try to talk about this, but I feel that this eventually helped me, made my brain more or less spontaneously return into the state of maximum (on my own level -- I *am* dumber than literally every other poster ITT) intellectual efficiency, exemplified by >>24464543 or >>24462093 or >>24461971.

>>24465947
Hush.
>>
File: 1445050417799.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445050417799.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>24457891
>hanging out with friends in basement
>friend spontaneously offers LSD
>only done acid once before
>say yes because no obligations
>take 3 tabs
>start to come up
>decide to put on some headphones and listen to music with eyes closed
>after an unknown amount of time I open my eyes
>after looking around I realize that I have no fucking idea where I am
>look at friends and realize that they are all actually bots who are tasked with making sure that I don't realize that I'm in a simulation.
>friend asks if I'm okay because I'm visibly distressed that this point.
>THEYKNOWIKNOW.jpg
>all my friends look at me awaiting a response whilst readying their inhuman strength to tear me apart.
>"I'm fine"
>their suspicion subsides
>play it cool and eventually forget about the killer AI surrounding me
> forget about that delusion and slip into another one about being in a car accident
>follow this pattern for 6 hours

After angrily accusing my friends of being aliens attempting to enslave humanity and telling them that they would suffer for their atrocities I remembered my name that I was tripping. Ended my trip on a good note.

Months later I found out that LSD can react badly with some antidepressants I was taking, which can result in symptoms of dissociative amnesia.
>>
just going to say this isnt a funny story or anything
>take 6g of psilocybin for my first time shrooming
>follow with a swig of pepto bismol because I hear higher doses give nausea
>decide to make lunch while it processes
>take my lunch and a beer out on the balcony
>finish eating, still nothing
>decide to read on the balcony until the shrooms kick in
>open Ulysses to my place in chapter 10
>find myself focusing quite easily
>feel the drugs kicking in but am oddly indifferent
>start to get really absorbed in the book
>every sentence is being visualized in my head even when I don't know what it means
>getting lots of strange shapes in my head
>everything is super visceral and relatable
>start to hear a voice reading the text to me as I read it
>imagine james joyce whispering in my ear
>break into uncontrollable laughter
>continue reading in an absolute laughing fit
>it feels impossible to breathe
>keep reading for what feels like eternity
>can barely see the words anymore
>can't understand why the ink is so smeared
>eventually start shivering
>realize I'm outside and the sun is going down
>the sunset looks like an entrance to heaven
>watch the city lights come on one at a time
>each one is mentally accompanied by an old fashioned camera sound
>realize I'm on shrooms
>>
File: jontron sweaty.gif (542 KB, 311x283) Image search: [Google]
jontron sweaty.gif
542 KB, 311x283
>>24466036
>>take 6g of psilocybin for my first time shrooming

my first time was 3.5, and at one point I could see behind my head and thought that the universe was controlled by a board game that my friends were playing
>>
>>24465947
Also.

>I don't see what that post has to do with mine

Obviously, that in absence of insight, you are reduced to questioning participants in the thread's motivations: 'are you sure your time would not be better invested elsewhere?'. This is non-input.
>>
>>24466059
>As far as I can remember, I have resisted every single such situation.

You can't resist chemicals bruh.

>Hush.

Cat finally caught your tongue huh?
>>
>>24466108

Like I said, I find it amusing that someone with absolutely no experience with drugs or meditation or Buddhism would spend their time talking about them with the utmost authority.

>This is non-input.

You entire presence on this board is non-input. Keep finger-fucking your keyboard as you ramble about things that you know nothing about and have never experienced.
>>
>>24466133
>You can't resist chemicals bruh.

Again, I almost admitted as much, but the point which you've failed to comprehend is not that, it's that the very attempt to resist reduces the negative, will-degenerative impact of the thing I'm resisting (e.g. a trip): I will be infinitesimally less likely to give in to temptations and emotions further on.

>Cat finally caught your tongue huh?

No. I keep a fairly accurate mental record of things I've allowed myself to do in discussions. Believe it or not, one of such things was just now 'dismiss another's post without explanation'. I let myself do things like that by virtue of only doing them strictly once or twice.
>>
>>24466105
jesus christ

jealous, honestly
>>
>>24466195
I wish that one day you find yourself in the company of people who make you want to learn to give examples for their claims about other people.
>>
>>24458701
It's obvious you have HPPD, but you might have some actual retinal issues as well. See an eye doctor before you get a detachment or something.
>>
>>24466223
it was pretty nerve-wracking. I'm a pretty shy/nervous person when sober and have social anxiety so for them to be like "oh hey Anon come play this board game that you know nothing about and have no chance of learning while tripping and will instead just ruin the vibe for everyone else trying to play" I just ran upstairs to washroom and stared at my pate-sized pupils in the mirror for ?? minutes.

Finally I walked out and turned around to see if I had closed the lights but could still in front of me, which was behind me.

All in all I give it 9/10. It was also my first real drug ever. I hadn't even smoked weed before that.
>>
>eat a pot brownie just as I'm leaving a friend's
>pretty experienced with them, don't expect much
>comes on when I get home
>feels an awful lot like shrooms, pleasantly surprised
>pour myself some captain crunch
>down to a last few pieces drifting in the milk
>can't coordinate the spoon to pick them up
>start tilting the bowl
>the pieces look like they're chasing eachother around
>literally believe I am playing the boat minigame from fusion frenzy
>forget who i am
>come to fifteen minutes later standing in my kitchen
>>
Also.

>>24465882
>The correct behavior is to act like a human and learn to ignore emotions.

Double manipulation. One, banal, is dehumanization of people not doing what you want. The other, viler, is how you turn terms on their head and call 'ignoring emotions' yielding to them, namely to the feelings of terror/awe/pseudointrospection/regret/whatever.
>>
>>24458485
What happened? What do you mean fucked up?
>>
>>24466404
oh and I guess I should explain that I *THOUGHT* the board game was The Game of Life, where you like pick a career and you either win the lottery or get fired from your job and all that, so in my shroomed mind I was like "THEY ARE LITERALLY PLAYING THE GAME OF LIFE AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY" so yeah I ran away

Turns out they were playing the board game Sorry!

>>24466078
Just reading a book and just staring at the horizon sounds awesome, everytime that I did shrooms it was always with like 8 other people, a 1/3 of them that were sober and couldn't relate and there was always a dozen distractions at any given time
>>
>>24466504
Why are you even asking? He might literally say that he believes that his neighbour is trying to poison him with carbon monoxide and you'd still claim that 'psychedelics' are harmless in the very next thread.
>>
>>24466504
not him, but pretty much everyone I know who's done acid more than once end up with the lights on but with nobody home, so to speak.

Then again, those people somehow managed to always do acid at the worst possible times and locations and with the worst possible people. One guy was doing it downtown with a bunch of people he didn't know on the street corner of an annual parade, one girl who has a fear of guns did it with a couple of military autists who brought BB guns with them, etc.
>>
>>24466539
and you think that Buddhists are trying to poison your mind with... their.... Buddhistness...
>>
>>24458701
It doesn't go away, but it get's easier to deal with.

>>24457891
used the hard psych drugs (lsd, shrooms, x, etc) roughly 3-4/weekly for about half a year back in 2001. I always upped the dose. I might be a lightweight in this regard, but it really fucked me good.

I've learned to cope, but I can't get over the feeling that there are entities that control the world and they don't mean well for us mortals. I have a nagging feeling that they set the stage for men like me and give me things the way you'd give a dog biscuits for behaving well. I might be a latent schizo that's talked himself out of it.

I also think I had a preview of the afterlife, and it's fucking terrifying. To those who would ask, I saw an endless sea/wall of linked bodies, none of which had any consciousness, who were all connected/the same. They were the same in that they had lived, do not any longer, and are trapped now. This mass of individuals existed only in the light of one being. This being didn't care for our individual wants or desires, but only for it's own. The mass of individuals exist to glorify the one, and the individuals are not the one.

If I saw "god", then "god" is a dick.

I certainly went too deep.
>>
>>24466704
Considering that you don't know that the proper religious term is 'Buddhahood', and considering the irony ubiquitous in all exchanges of mine with Buddhists, I believe that it is you who have accused me twice in this thread of deep ignorance of Buddhism.
>>
>>24466217
>the very attempt to resist reduces the negative, will-degenerative impact of the thing I'm resisting
I don't see how. I'll even admit that futile resistance is sometimes virtuous, but that is only true with futile resistance against others. In the case of tripping, the thing you are resisting is in your own head. Resistance has no deterrent value, it serves as no inspiration. It is pure irrationality, fighting a fight you literally can't win and which would do no good even if you could.
>>
Anyone here like to think dark thoughts like explore their depression and anxiety on pyscs? It's helped me accept my insanity, never had a bad trip except when my friends called the cops on themselves
>>
>>24466750
Buddhahood is being a literal Buddha, not being a Buddhist, so no you're wrong as always.
>>
>>24466822
>Anyone here like to think dark thoughts like explore their depression and anxiety on pyscs?

Mostly on weed. With shrooms I'm too busy laughing at the world and running around like a kid who just got out of class and was unleashed in the playground for recess, and with Salvia I literally can't think.

>never had a bad trip except when my friends called the cops on themselves

please greentext
>>
>>24466829
That's the point of Buddhism. Buddhism is actually an ancient life-extension scam. The ancient Buddha used mind-hacking techniques copied from Hinduism on himself, and refined them to the point where he could reduce his identity to the minimal consciousness. He then spread memes encouraging others to do the same. When modern Buddhists succeed they have also reduced their identity to the minimal consciousness, so they are literally the same entity as the original Buddha. Buddha is a mind-parasite, immortal while Buddhism still lives.

That doesn't mean you should never use Buddhist mind-hacking technology, but be aware of those memes.
>>
if you're in here. i am too.
lets skip the pleb shit and make moves.
>>
>>24466991
you literally have no idea what you're talking about
t. Have a PH.D. in Hindu and Buddhist history and studies
>>
>>24466829
Considering that the term 'Buddhahood' means the state of having your brain filled with meaningless delusions about 'ultimate awareness' and 'ultimate reality' and 'ultimate truth', I was justified in assuming that it was it that you had in mind in >>24466704 when you tried to insult me.

>>24466755
Still thinking insubstantially, immaterially. Druggies, depleting your pool of ways to describe their incompetence since 2012.

It is not about 'virtue' or 'value' or any religious shit of yours. It is pure calculation. I accept the notion of 'ego' insofar as it reflects a certain tendency of the brain to return to a certain mode, characterized by e.g. finding inconsistencies or considering definitions as opposed to finding opportunities for ad hominems as described in >>24466108 or hovering in emotional 'meditative' haze. I believe (granted, with no scientific basis at all here) that entering a trip with the chemical state of resistance to it will increase the frequency and permanency of returning to that state of 'ego'. That's all.
>>
>>24466991
>That's the point of Buddhism. Buddhism is actually an ancient life-extension scam. The ancient Buddha used mind-hacking techniques copied from Hinduism on himself
please quit whilst you're ahead holy fuck
>>
>>24467063
you are the greatest fedora tipper, my friend.
I tip my hat to you.
>>
>>24467096
I hate headwear. In winter, I avoid wearing caps as long as possible.
>>
ITT: fakes and phonies

eat the damn sheet you faggots.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.