[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here go from glasses to contacts or LASIK? How was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (590 KB, 2053x1360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
590 KB, 2053x1360
Anyone here go from glasses to contacts or LASIK?
How was it? I'm deciding on ditching the glasses
>>
>>24427517
welcome to the future
>>
I never had it, but there's different kinds of laser stuff. The cheap one tends to have a lot of problems I hear.
>>
>>24427517
nyehhhh well
i'm an opthamologist...

lasik is very safe, but dry eyes and glares/halos in vision are in like 1/5people...

contacts are the most safe and deliver the best quality of vision...

try and get those <:
>>
>>24427758
Can't they get infected with contacts
>>
PRK > LASIK
>>
>>24427758
Got a question if you're still around. I lost vision in an eye at 21, im 25 now and my other eye has dropped from 80% vision to 60% according to my last test.

Am i going to go blind ?
>>
OP, do you have any trouble with touching your eye? If not, go for contacts. Best decision I've ever made. I look better, and I lost all the cons of wearing glasses (cleaning them, going outside in the rain, I could go on).
>>
>>24427758
Everyone I've talked to with contacts say their glasses worked better. I'm too scared to switch
>>
>>24428284
I've had contacts for about 7 years now, and I've only ever had 1 infection when I left my contact case open and used old saline
doctor put me on peroxide solution and I've been fine since
only issue is you have to sleep at least 6 hours a night or your eyes are going to get fucked up
also sleeping in contacts is hell on earth when you finally take them off
>>
I'd get LASIK or something similar if I wasn't so NEET.
>>
File: 1445801869438.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1445801869438.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>>24428509
if this happened to me and I knee it would get only worse I would just kill myself
I hope it gets better for you anon
>>
>>24427517

i had lasik (all laser lasik, ziemer) done 18 months ago. it wasn't exactly cheap, but it is worth it.

i wore glasses forever, about a -6.0 prescription, and contacts for about 6 months, which i hated. the surgery itself is quick, but nerve wracking. my vision is a little better than 20/20 now.

my eyes were a little dry for about 3 or 4 months but it's been fine since then.
>>
>>24428887
Thinking about it mate, thanks anyway.
>>
Just got lasik done yesterday, this shit is awesome. Go for it.
>>
>>24427517
switched from glasses to contacts.
it was kind of a hassle to get them in the first few weeks but you get used to it.

take them off before you sleep or they will get dry and your eyes will brun like hell
>>
File: 1439334776621.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1439334776621.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>too poor for lasik
>too scared to use contacts
kill me
>>
>>24427517
Contacts are uncomfy, LASIK has a ridiculous risk of debilitating side effects.

Gonna stick with my glasses, really.
>>
>>24431527
glasses aren't that bad senpai
>>
>>24428627
no, there's like no difference in vision

After maybe an hour of wearing contacts, they slip into the right place and your vision is fine

the only problem for me is that after about 12 hours of wearing contacts they start to get dry and itchy
>>
I got LASIK done in early June.

I didn't have any issues after, no weird halo shit during nightime driving or dry eyes or whatever. I can still see just as good as I was able to right after surgery and so far haven't had any problems. Would totally recommend t b h
>>
>>24431527
Find a nice pair of glasses or man up.

Why are you scared of contacts? They're fine. At worse they're a mild irritation. Not whilst wearing but you can't sleep so if you go out you can end up wearing them longer than you should which is uncomfortable and apparently unsafe, although I've never had any issues. Even less since I lost my normiehood.
>>
File: ledubsguy.jpg (33 KB, 800x384) Image search: [Google]
ledubsguy.jpg
33 KB, 800x384
>he's too poor to afford Oliver Peoples
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.