[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt share any profound thoughts about life you've had recently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 23
File: 84578665.jpg (560 KB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
84578665.jpg
560 KB, 4128x2322
itt share any profound thoughts about life you've had recently.
>>
Life is suffering because we are showing our love for God. True love endured through rough times.
>>
I'm attracted to old fat guys because it makes me feel like my daddy is still alive and actually loves me, even though I'm a terrible son.
>>
>>24393505
happiness does not exist
>>
I'm actually a bad person.
>>
I don't know who I am and I don't care too much.
>>
I AM A GOD

TREMBLE AT MY PRESENCE
>>
File: 1445818500896.jpg (268 KB, 979x1210) Image search: [Google]
1445818500896.jpg
268 KB, 979x1210
Normies have come to confuse "confidence" and "vanity" as meaning the same thing, and thus allow themselves to revel in it free of scrutiny.
>>
>>24393827

That's actually pretty deep Anon. I like that.
>>
The reason I help people and don't want people to be sad and help them push through their issues is that I never want them to reach the rock bottom that is me. I don't want people to become another me and that's why I push myself so hard to turn other peoples lives around. I don't care about myself because no one else does. If someone else has someone who cares about them they won't become a loser like me. I genuinely want to make people into better people so someone can love them the way I wish I could be
>>
>>24393739
alright, I'll bite. how is that, anon?
>>
Every emotion, feeling and desire we experience is 100% the result of various chemicals floating around in our blood and brain. There's no need to identify with any of it unless it will benefit you to do so.
>>
the universe is just a projection made by the firewall around a black hole in another reality that has more dimensions

it is a natural phenomenon that is going unobserved
>>
File: 1447127969714.jpg (225 KB, 934x717) Image search: [Google]
1447127969714.jpg
225 KB, 934x717
>>24393505
I saw the blood moon. in the moment I was "wow this is fucking amazing I'm only gonna ever see this again when I'm 60 or something", but I got thinking to myself today that it doesn't really matter, astronomic phenomenons are happening all over the universe, so this on right here doesn't matter at all; but THEN I thought it does matter cause cause they're being observed by consciousnesses; so reminded me of the the Double-Slit Experiment and Boltzmann Brains (even though everything I know about it is reddit tier discovery channel shit, science balding man).
anyway I felt smart for a second and it happened again when I saw a lightning
>>
World history is dominated by the economic struggle.
>>
There was a basic logical paradox that I called the "fraudulence paradox" that I had discovered more or less on my own while taking a mathematical logic course in school. The fraudulence paradox was that the more time and effort you put into trying to appear impressive or attractive to other people, the less impressive or attractive you felt inside -- you were a fraud. And the more of a fraud you felt like, the harder you tried to convey an impressive or likable image of yourself so that other people wouldn't find out what a hollow, fraudulent person you really were. Logically, you would think that the moment a supposedly intelligent nineteen-year old became aware of this paradox, he'd stop being a fraud and just settle for being himself (whatever that was) because he'd figured out that being a fraud was a vicious infinite regress that ultimately resulted in being frightened, lonely, alienated, etc. But here was the other, higher-order paradox, which didn't eve have a form or name -- I didn't, I couldn't.
>>
I was never meant to make it.
>>
>>24393990

>tfw you will never be able to witness the unimaginably beautiful and amazing astronomical events taking place every minute throughout the universe
>your only vantage point is here on earth at a sky where 90% of everything you could be seeing is blotted out by light pollution
>>
>>24393505

Maybe not profound but I just realized something.

"Pretty boy" is the male equivalent of "bimbo" for girls.
>>
>>24394039
Sounds like the good old Dunning-Kruger, with a bit of impostor syndrome for good measure.

It's good that you realized it early.
>>
File: 1442211985383.png (815 KB, 870x597) Image search: [Google]
1442211985383.png
815 KB, 870x597
>>24393505
I used to think: No matter how bad I have it, many people out there have it much worse.

But now, I take the view that: No matter how good I have it, many people out there have it so much better.

It allows me to rationalize not even trying anymore.
>>
If you continue to zoom out of our universe, one will see multiverses that look like cells from an organism. We're microscopic specs living inside a massive organism. Just a theory though.
>>
>>24394084
Is this just a wild "what if" theory or a theory backed up by some reasoning
>>
>>24394084

That makes much less sense than the simpler explanation that matter forms in similar patterns regardless of scale. The connections between neurons look very similar to some renderings of galaxy and star clusters but given that they're both made of the same basic materials and subject to the same basic forces, it shouldn't be all that surprising that they look somewhat similar.
>>
File: neuron-galaxy.jpg (224 KB, 1068x733) Image search: [Google]
neuron-galaxy.jpg
224 KB, 1068x733
>>24394180

He's probably referring to this image.
>>
It don't matter.

None of this matters.
>>
I realized that nothing is difficult in the way I perceive it to be. Laziness and procrastination don't need to be overcome, but rather are irrelevant. The voices in your head telling you why you can't do this or that are just noise, no matter how well reasoned they sound.
>>
I mean, they're not particularly profound, but...

>Life can't be a thing. It can't be substance. There's substantially nothing there except inanimate matter bound and explained by all the laws of inanimate matter. Life exists, though, and that's the trippy part. I'm actually alive! My heart beats, my eyes see, I breathe, and I can somehow move of my own volition.
>Life must therefore be an event or a phenomenon if it isn't a thing. That's the only way it can exist without being substance. It's a phenomenon or event that occurs, and matter is what's affected. Death isn't the departure of an intangible soul from a body. It's the end of a long phenomenon or series of events affecting matter and making it behave like this.
>I'M not a thing! The matter that comprises the animal I call myself is constantly changing. It needs to change and shed and absorb matter for me to sustain myself. And I don't consider myself to be the individual cells that comprise me. Those don't even have thought on their own. I have to be an event! I'm a wondrous phenomenon that affects matter, and being mortal doesn't mean that I vanish, it means that I END. It wouldn't really be a stretch to say that my person is the sum of my thoughts and actions, right? That my place in the world is defined by the fact that I'm a dynamic force? I'm a fucking PHENOMENON!
>Maybe souls exist. Not as substance, but as the sum of events that we define a person by. They say that people are "dead" to us or that they've lost their souls when their behavior is a certain way. Behavior. Dynamism. Events. Maybe when people spoke of a soul they were just recognizing the sum of dynamic events that animates matter in living organisms.
>Holy fuck, I'm baked.
>>
>>24394084
>just a theory
Stop.
>>
File: tumblr_nvgoptZ2lX1rhrm9ro1_1280.png (406 KB, 701x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvgoptZ2lX1rhrm9ro1_1280.png
406 KB, 701x900
Black people are pretty much uglier and worse than fictional orc races.
The orcs dont have disgusting kinky hair.
If all blacks just had regular people hair like the rest of mankind, they wouldnt be so repulsive.
I'd date a half-orc or a full orc before I dated anyone with enough black blood to make their hair kinky.

Oh, and the wide noses too.
The only cute negresses I ever see have narrow noses.
>>
>>24393505
>profound
>r9k
lol
>>
>>24394244
I'm glad that quote has kind of caught on. I've always thought it in his voice in my head for years whenever shit gets weird or goes sideways.
>>
>>24394084

I have similar thoughts, not that it's an organism though, I think that's human projecting. Just tonight I was thinking, all the matter that goes into a blackhole is leaking into the multiverse. That's where it's going.

Parallel realities reproduce and split apart like cells do.

>>24394230

Although this is cool, you can also say that universe is made up of all the same stuff, so the same patterns naturally repeat themselves on the smallest and largest scales.

Doesn't stop it from being beautiful though.
>>
how does one even eat that
>>
>>24394338
Honestly, it's a rather deep philosophical statement. It's like if nihilism could somehow care less.
>>
>>24394260

This is basically what the Bible says. You're spirit (dyanmic energy), and when it talks about "soul" it's talking about the sum total moral being of your life.
>>
>>24393505
I don't get profound unless I get high, and I am stopping the weed for some time now.

I guess the most profound thing I am doing in life is that I started reading more. There is a whole world of experience in books, even the fictional books have experience you could apply to your own life. I never had any mentors and I never paid too much attention in school, so it is great to be learning again, outside of my college. I feel like I can reach great new places with all this newfound information.
>>
>>24394008
Go back to your grave Karl.
>>
I want money but don't want to work for it

Money would make me happy
>>
File: 1410722873997.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1410722873997.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
>>24393505
If we are truly unified, then every idea that can and ever will be has been at least a vivid dream for our ancestors - it's proven by the exchange of influence between humanity and art depicting humanity.

At this point, anything that you think of has been attempted or at least thought of at least once before; the rising population has only helped to ensure this.
>>
I do not wish to die. I wish to LIVE
>>
People think about topics through 2-3 points-counterpoints then just stop. Once that process is over people just move onto something else

For example:

> Muslims are all terrorists
> Not all muslims are terrorists
> Those that are still do bad things in the name of Islam
> Well so did Christianity

Then nothing. No one goes any further and we all get stuck on arguing the truth of this small subset of statements.

It happens for every single fucking topic and it's infuriating once you start noticing it
>>
File: 1222521985221.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1222521985221.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
I can feel the multiverse flow through me. Last time I had deja vu I managed to predict every single little thing that was about to happen for about a minute. It was mind blowing.

They say deja vu is just a misfiring in your brain but that still didn't stop me from taking advantage of the brief window to test myself. It's not a brain misfiring. It's just something being sorted outed of order, briefly, by my mutli-memory.

I realized if I knew everything before it happened I wouldn't be able to tell if I had free will or not and become frozen, watching myself live this predeterminded course. Perhaps the Mutliverse hides these things from us because we can't sanely function while being aware of the infinite possibilities we are functioning in.
>>
The idea is that the meaning of words cannot be our own private emotions, which are said to be incommunicable and untranslatable to others. This is because there can be no correct or incorrect use of the words - which is required for it to be part of a language. But, words like "fear, hate, love, sad" ARE part of the language. So the conclusion is, that the meaning of these words is NOT our private experiences of those things. As in, those words don't refer to our inner private sensations.

Pinch your arm and say that feeling I'll call "b". Now slap your face and say that feeling I'll call "b". "But "b" doesn't mean the face slap pain, it means the arm pinch sensation", you might be thinking. But if you look at that thought, what you're doing is not correcting the use of "b", rather in the thought itself you are making a connection between "b" and the sensation.
Now, it's days later and you pinch your cheek and say "b". Then you remember that's wrong, "b" means arm pinch sensation you think. But does "b" actually mean that? Or did you just establish the connection in the thought?
What if you mess up the use, could you tell? You feel an itch in your foot and say "b". Foot itch sensation means "b" you think. But that thought establishes the very connection between word and sensation that you are trying to tell is right or wrong.
Is this a wrong use of "b"? Does "b" actually mean 'arm-pinch', and you used it incorrectly? Say the answer is yes, "b" actually means arm-pinch, not foot-itch. But again, instead of re-affirming the connection between "b" and arm-pinch sensation, you've established it. What if you mix up? You say "b" when your arm-pinch sensation is felt, and then you think wait actually "b" means foot-itch. Have you used "b" incorrectly? How could you say it's an incorrect use of "b" when your use of "b" here actually *establishes* the connection between word and sensation (i.e. "actually "b" means foot-itch")?
>>
>>24394520
>>24394520

Basically what I am trying to say is that we can be confident in agreement about the meaning of our emotion words, and this is shown in the way we correct and teach each other how to use the words all the time. The meaning of words like "courage" is not found in our own 'private to oneself' conception or experience of courage.

Although that only addresses the language side of the question. The question on the difference between experiences (say yours and mine), is probably unknowable I'd guess. There really is no way for me to know what it is like to live a different life.

There's also another problem. Say you decide to call 'x' sensation "b". Now you might check you're using the next use(s) of "b" correctly by remembering that you designated 'x' sensation for "b" originally, but you have no way of checking that your memory itself is correct. How would you do it? By remembering that your remembrance is correct/true? Having memories that your memory itself is correct?

You might say you could just write the connection down and check your use against that, but seeing as though this is a private language (in Wittgenstein's restricted sense), you cannot use natural language terms with natural language meanings. And so your description of the connection must be entirely made of signs whose meanings are private, but this is the very same type of language whose correct use you're trying to ascertain. You'd be checking the correct use of your words using words whose correct use you're assuming.

Think of the private language argument as badly named, it should be called the untranslatable language argument. This is all he's arguing against. He's not saying one cannot make stable, personal connections between sign and signified, in principle, rather he's saying you can't make this connection without it being able to be explained/shared with another person.

Essentially all language is shareable (in principle).
>>
File: 1447113723730.png (101 KB, 242x241) Image search: [Google]
1447113723730.png
101 KB, 242x241
>>24394486
>mfw I spent 5 hours at work today studying the Qur'an and Hadith so that I could form a reasonable, independent opinion of Islam
I get what you mean though, bro. It's some strange paradox where people feel the need to have an opinion but don't want to defend it beyond the superficial for fear that they might actually have to thoroughly understand both it and the oppositions
By the way, it's shit.
>>
File: 1447816934019.jpg (346 KB, 1526x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447816934019.jpg
346 KB, 1526x1600
>>24393791
Yes. Yes this one.
How did you realize?
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 500x731) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 500x731
I'm just more and more convinced individual consciousness is an illusion

But

My hang up on that is I think I tend to be pretty dissociative, so idk if I'm just painting things in my own colors, beyond the normal amount
>>
>>24393505
>all that eel
HNNNNNNNGH I WANT THAT SO BAD
>>
I'm starting to question whether humans are actually animals. Two things I saw in a documentary last night really stuck with me:

1) There's a form of seal that lives in the antarctic. It's the only seal that stays there the whole year. It manages this by keeping a small hole in the ice open, using its teeth. Because this grinds its teeth down so badly, the seal eventually can't hunt and dies an early death.

2) Sometimes beluga whales get encircled by ice. Literally trapped within the ice, and because it needs oxygen, it too has to come up for air in this really small space. So polar bears will sit above this pocket of water and swipe at the whales until it catches one. All of the whales that have yet been killed are covered in scars from being attacked. They do this for months.

Do you want to know how I spent my day? I gave an interview about a survey where I probed a participants responses to the questions, in an effort to understand the kinds of ideas considered in those answers. This was interspersed with discussions with colleagues about body language and cues that would best elicit those responses.

You say "of course you're an animal, you're subject to dna, biological mechanisms etc." Compare yourself to a rock, you're matter just like a rock, right? You're subject to the laws of physics just like a rock. But you're not like a rock, there's more to you. It's the same fucking thing with animals. There's more to you. A lot more.
>>
>>24394272
>Black people are pretty much uglier and worse than fictional orc races.

Only some right? Or most..?
>>
>>24394636
Agh the inverse of this really scares me, which is to say how much we (humans) project complex consciousness onto animals.

Don't get me wrong I'm a big believer of animal consciousness. I think we are going to realize that they have a more complex/complete emotional spectrum than we really previously thought, and that's really going to fuck up the meat industry, zoos, and how people generally relate to animals period.

But at the same time sometimes I feel like even for complicated domestic animals who are really intelligent it's like the lights are on, the consciousness is there, but no one is home. It makes me really scared.

Same anon who posted that I don't rly believe in individual consciousness btw.

I think I'm just going through this weird prolonged existential crisis. From some point in elementary school on. Idk.
>>
>>24394272
I'm not commenting on attractiveness, but most blacks are shitty people. They're some combination of lazy, stupid, dishonest, and arrogant. I'm basing this off working in a fairly diverse setting. I've worked with probably 40+ whites and 20+ blacks, and maybe 25% of the whites are bad people, compared to maybe 70-80% of the blacks.
>>
Our brain is magnitudes more advanced than our body. Ever since we became conscious, we worked towards overcoming our physical limitations. Our brain had been trying to free itself from its mortal shackles this entire time. The brain's true potential will be realized when it is no longer tied down by the body.
>>
File: c480x270_40.jpg (10 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
c480x270_40.jpg
10 KB, 480x270
>>24394504
All the more reason to erase myself.
>>
>>24394682

Yeah I get what you're saying. I think that's part of the human condition: we can only understand the world through our own lens, so we see everything else as being an extension of us.

I like Wittgenstein on this: if a Lion could speak, we could not understand him
>>
File: 1445494399129.png (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445494399129.png
29 KB, 400x400
I have a fetish for people protecting me, since no one has ever done that to me the concept seems alien and sexual to me. I don't even care about gender anymore, I'd love a yandere gf that would protect me till the end of the world. Or a large male (be it muscle or fat, preferably both) bf to snuggle up to every night and feel safe besides.

The thought of someone carring for me turns me on so hard. Even just thinking about makes me so ashamed.
>>
>>24393964
>There's no need to identify with any of it unless it will benefit you to do so.
autistic af, some feelings get triggered by memories or actions or worlds, yeah the chemicals come to play but not just randomly unless you have a mental illness or something.
>>
File: 1446380327218.png (195 KB, 295x720) Image search: [Google]
1446380327218.png
195 KB, 295x720
>>24393882
Same familia, I don't want to bring down all the nice people
>>
>>24394715
Just depressing too reading that we to teach gorillas sign language but ultimately they just respond noise trying to get food. Like they can learn signs (maybe) but ultimately they just beg us for food over and over.
>>
A libertarian is just a fascist waiting in the wings, waiting to see the reality in which man exercises its blessing of liberty.
>>
Why are birds so very important?
>>
File: 1434524755228.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1434524755228.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
>>24394718
fuckin' A, man
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 230x230
>>24393505
Only "profound" thing I've ever thought of was when I was high;

The evolutionary war amongst different animals will continue until there are only two "super" species left. Then they will battle against each other for supremacy

However, the species which is left will eventually die out and evolution starts over again, repeating the cycle.

I can't describe this thought in detail. But hopefully you'll get the jizz of it
>>
>>24393505
Why did I live and they didn't?
>>
>>24394718
>the robot dream in one post
>>
>>24394765
I don't think that's accurate. There are too many diverse species that fill different niches. And too much interdependence of species within ecosystems.
>>
>>24394769
Idk if you're joking but I do think about why me, why this a lot

Out of the void why my consciousness
>>
>>24393505

There is nothing democratic about our society. Look at the refugee crisis. The public doesn't get to vote. And even the politicians are going against their wishes and bringing in more refugees anyway. The people have no power whatsoever.

Democracy often feels like totalitarianism in disguise.
>>
Solipsism is slowly but surely driving me insane, I try to escape it but it's the only thing I know to be true. But the dilemma of my own imperfection yet sincere ability to perceive abstract perfection baffles me, why did I confine myself to the state I'm in with no true way of altering it? If I can justly perceive it to be so, why am I here when clearly at one point I possessed the means of alteration?

If I'm truly the only conscious one existing, if I am the creator of which there are no others it leaves me asking why every moment of my days. But if you lot can possess a limited understanding and consciousness relative yet separate to my internal being then I am truly sorry for my inability to change your circumstances. Your anger is rightly placed upon me.
>>
>>24393505
i could go for some spam musubi right now lookin at that pic
>>
>>24394754

Coz dey old

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_birds

> The scientific consensus is that birds are a group of theropod dinosaurs that evolved during the Mesozoic Era.

> The Mesozoic Era is an interval of geological time from about 252 to 66 million years ago

Also the fact that a parrot can imitate human speech isn't some cute parlor trick, it's fucking incredible
>>
>>24394520
>>24394543

Boy, I wish my head screwed on a bit tighter so I could respond to this. I'm deeply interested in linguistics and reconciling two unique individuals' experiences. Often I'll lately wonder about technology or ritual that allows two individuals to perfectly (or at least adequately) share consciousness/perception with one another. How fucking intimate that would be.
>>
File: 1437441823306.jpg (585 KB, 1259x947) Image search: [Google]
1437441823306.jpg
585 KB, 1259x947
>>24394886
You aren't secure in your solipsism because I can see your post and write and respond to it, and now your own actions will echo likewise in my own solipsistic eternity, until my death.
>>
it's been a while since I went outside to gaze at the stars so tonight I did and jesus christ how fucking scary is it that we can look out into space and see objects so bright that their light reaches us from distances so far that our minds cannot even properly comprehend it

and as I gaze at the stars I am brought back to reality as a meat sack because I live on a mainstreet and my thoughts were disrupted by vehicle noises
>>
File: fasting-siddhartha1-216x300.jpg (21 KB, 216x300) Image search: [Google]
fasting-siddhartha1-216x300.jpg
21 KB, 216x300
I don't have to hate everyone just because we don't see eye to eye. What kind of world would that be, if everyone just agreed with me?
>>
>>24393505
tfw no tiny gf
>>
>>24395002
Perhaps that's part of the internalized solipsistic prison that I've created. Forever insecure and forever questioning on some level was one of the ancient barriers that I built to stop myself from recessing back to the moment of pre-creation. Your seemingly outward proclamation to remind me that there truly are no others yet spoken with the authority of my own consciousness to declare that I am mistaken. You and I or just I and just you will engage in this tug of war til the end of these days which may never end.
>>
>>24394754
They are the biggest predators to insects and they are dying at a alarming rate, aside from birds who thrives in urban environments such as crows and pigeons. It's a huge threat to crops/our soil because more pesticide will be needed to be used to combat insects.

Pesticides in turn often kill bee colonies, which are used to pollinate crops. Our solution so far is attempting to create robotic bees because there's no way bees are going to last much longer.
>>
There are dangers for the development of people in a struggle-free existence, for they are all too easily governed by material interests.
>>
>>24395067
A liberal's utopia
>>
Just a random thought.

I can't help but wonder what it must have felt like to be the first member of a sapient species to consciously understand that it will die. Maybe this realization and its desperate attempts to warn others about it was one the very beginning stages of rational human thought.
>>
>>24395155

Really sucks that we don't have access to any information about the early development of language

Even if we understood the mid-point between us and a normal ape, that would be absolutely mind-blowing because it would tell us so much

Instead we have nothing to go by
>>
>>24394504
It's not a brain misfiring, it just means you are forgetful. You did something again that you forgot. The sensation you are feeling during Deja Vu is the neurons of said memory working but you're having a hard time actually recalling the experience.

Instead it just feels like you are reliving instead of remembering. The reason you can predict it is because it has happened before but you're not sure when.
>>
>>24394754
birds are really scary. things like crows where have surprising intelligence and coupled with their mobility and adaptability just doesn't sit right with me.

It's like, if trees suddenly gain consciousness and mobility, what would happen? Trees can tear through rock and concrete over time as is.
>>
>>24395185
We have plenty to go on, it started with epistemology and has slowly turned into studying the brain.
>>
>>24394754

They are literally living dinosaurs. That's pretty fuckin neato if you ask me.
>>
>>24395155
most, if not all early cultures worshiped a deity or group of deities which I'm sure eased them into the thought of dying.

What's really interesting is that so far back as neanderthals buried their dead.
>>
>>24395241
If crows were conscious, they would have compassion just like humans. Animals can form simple bonds even now with humans, this doesn't exclude birds.

Not sure why you fear them, crows are not aggressive at all. They might look a little spooky/invoke some bad stigma and they're loud but that's about it. They're pretty gentle birds, at least compared to other species.
>>
Life would be so much easier, if I were dead.
>>
My latest profound thought is

>Shit, I'm not actually a profound person at all. Anything I come up with was thought up by millions of people before.
>>
Im anti-social, nihilistic, etc.etc.
One thing I've learned so far is that happiness is not a state of being (i.e way of living in the present moment) or even a future state of being. Although Mass Marketing and/or idiotic cultural notions suggest otherwise, happiness is a feeling closer to regret. You can say and feel you had a happy child-hood AFTER the fact. It iis more of a diagnosis you get to assess your own past with. It is not something to be striven for.
>>
Democratic theory premised on the enlightenment and civic interest of the citizen is built on a fountain of sand. There can be no common will, no spontaneous consensus, no such thing as intelligently made mass decision.

Public opinion has constituted a learned polemic against the idea that the public might ever know or act rationally in the the modern world. The crude passions cultivated by skilled propagandists dramatically demonstrate this sobering truth.
>>
>>24395242
>We have plenty to go on

Please enlighten me as to the early development of language because I've apparently missed all of this
>>
>>24394734

Maybe they just don't have anything else to say to us. We want to talk, but they want to eat.
>>
>>24395403
>wants to be spoonfed
Open a book nigger. Epistemology is a boring subject but it does explain how knowledge is transferred between consious beings and things like animals.
>>
>>24395185
Actually looking at skull fossils gives us some idea about evolution of brain size and shape, which is a crucial step in understanding how early language developed. Granted it's still a pretty massive grey area.

>>24395294
True, but there's a difference between simply understanding that your friend is now dead and projecting that experience onto yourself and understanding that you too will die. There's a leap in logical thought processes that occurs between those two steps.

I'm curious how long it took for the second to follow the first. Of course there's no way we'd ever know, but it must have been a scary experience for the first ape to realize that.
>>
>>24394854

I think that's ultimately true of any society. Civilization is a pyramid, it has been since the beginning, a method of promoting a few humans to magical existences at the cost of the efforts of many other humans. That's how it's been since the fertile crescent, and while the systems of rationalizing this always change, the results always stay the same; a few at the top, most at the bottom. Not everyone gets to be rich. That's what being rich is; having more than most; and civilization exists to make people rich, in food, property and health.

The trends of civilizations certainly seem more interested in power than justice; modern nation-states exist because of modern communications. I think if justice were a worry, there'd still be small nations and even city-states if that's what the people wanted to keep. But if it's possible to consolidate power in one place from a wider area, then power expands to include that area no matter what.
>>
I think it's actually pretty neat that dogs can understand human gesturing and emotions unlike any other species can.
Not even other primates can understand humans pointing, but dogs can.
It's really a testament to how close our two species have been over the last millennium
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 648x711) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 648x711
We must ascend from darkness via the righteous way but we cannot forsake darkness for all of God must be accepted and dealt with if we are to master this world.

I will bring the greatest of the Aryans to the new beginning and from our work shall the dawn be wrought anew, an eon forsaken reborn in the frozen north.

We shall raze this earth and usher in the New Order, the kingdom of heaven brought to this physical plane, Kether incarnate.

They shall not stop us until it is too late. Victory rests in our hands, it is we alone who control our future, our destiny. Choice is the decider, and we must endevor to choose with the wise and righteous heart, and not with errant and fickle whim.

By the order we shall remake the soul. By the soul we shall renew the order.

Light to light, darkness to darkness.
>>
The 2D Anime girl is Japan's, nay, Mankind's greatest invention.
>>
File: 1438998460952.gif (19 KB, 709x877) Image search: [Google]
1438998460952.gif
19 KB, 709x877
>>24393882
Oh boy can I relate to that or what
>>
>>24395522
I wouldn't believe sensationized news articles about studies. I can tell you right now, my dog does not understand pointing. He's a pug though and considerably stupid. The article says dogs LEARN pointing through repeated action. They don't understand, its literally a trained trick.

Gorillas can use sign language. Pretty sure repeated action pointing (training) would teach any ape what pointing is.
>>
>>24394745

sort of. i went from libertarian to palecon/traditionalist. i think its important to have strong values but that they don't necessarily need to be enforced by the government.
>>
>>24393505
Not recently, but a few months ago, I was into a pretty heavy shrooms/LSD trip and started thinking about social media.
Social media has become a part of the human experience. Much like knives, bowls, water, and houses, it's almost vital that you have some sort of social media in the 21st century.
Need emails for work. Facebook for school projects. Etc
Some fucking faggot Jew in Harvard literally changed human evolution and there's nothing we can do about it.
And these big companies just eat up your info and sell it and you have no control.
This is the world we live in.
Fuck
>>
>>24395459

No it fucking doesn't
>>
>>24393964
>le unexamined materialism
>>
The internet is pretty much soma
>>
>>24395685

The NSA doesn't even need to spy on American citizens anymore because everyone just gives all of their information out freely. And the best part is no one gives a shit. Now it's weird if you don't have social media. You get socially shamed for not playing into their scheme.
>>
File: 3240061-4593895879-39063.jpg (46 KB, 550x478) Image search: [Google]
3240061-4593895879-39063.jpg
46 KB, 550x478
Women are nothing but atoms arranged in a specific order

I pity inferior apes that lust after chemicals
>>
>>24395005
existentialism rules
>>
>>24395371
never had a moment were you were just happy to be somewhere huh? The buddhist joy comes from accepting causality
>>
>>24395850
hahaha leave humanity behind you sociopath
>>
I just had this thought while on a walk the other day, if birds were smart enough to sue cats, cats wouldnt be feasible as pets anymore because the owners would have too many legal fees
>>
>>24394607

Individual consciousness is an illusion because the individual is an illusion. Your life has the illusion of being one continuous conscious event because that is how the brain has evolved to interpret the world. There is no logical difference between one "person" being conscious at different points in his life and 2 separate people experiencing consciousness simultaneously. There is no physical thing that makes each person unique and all the cells in your body are replaced every couple years or so.

The only explanation is that every single atom on this earth is subject to consciousness. There was no certain point where you were a a group of cells in your mothers womb and you blossomed into a conscious being. You were always conscious, what you gained was perception. The conscious experience of being a rock (a "rock" does not exist) would simply be nothingness, or whatever the Buddhist monks call enlightenment. I think what many cultures refer to as God is simply this universal consciousness deified.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 498x710) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 498x710
>>24396023
Its true you know, all of it.

Glad we arent all fedoras here
>>
File: spergwrite.png (42 KB, 469x750) Image search: [Google]
spergwrite.png
42 KB, 469x750
>>24394449

absolutely no1 will believe me but i know the guy who wrote this thing and he's as genius as that manuscript shows
>>
>>24396422
>A smug flounder
You just blow in from stupid town, cheif?
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.