[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw /r9k/ is full of anti-normie spam >tfw /r9k/ used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: 1365190855510.jpg (117 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1365190855510.jpg
117 KB, 640x480
>tfw /r9k/ is full of anti-normie spam
>tfw /r9k/ used to be full of normies
>tfw this board was known for its tinychat and AIM and skype threads
i spent so much time here in high school and now it's shit ;_;
>>
File: 1442665015210.jpg (213 KB, 1080x1068) Image search: [Google]
1442665015210.jpg
213 KB, 1080x1068
>>24387705
Sounds lame
>>
>>24387705
I was around when those tinychat and skype groups existed and they were fucking awful circle jerks that you should be ashamed to admit you liked.
>>
>>24387705
The autists invaded when the robot was turned off, since this was always the greentext board that people came to bitch about relationship problems, now it's just every retard who wants an autist safe-space.
>>
>>24387768
they're fun when you're part of the circlejerk :)
i'll bet you cried about tripfags to anyone who would listen instead of just becoming one yourself
>>
File: Faggotry_6a3a91_590439.jpg (13 KB, 194x252) Image search: [Google]
Faggotry_6a3a91_590439.jpg
13 KB, 194x252
>>24387768
This.. /soc/ was created as a containment board for that faggotry.
>>
/b/ is now the normie board somehow
>>
>>24387792
The entire difference between 4chan and reddit or tumblr is anonymity; people being judged for the merit of what they write rather than their reputation and fanboys. Remove that and you just have a worse organised more edgy reddit.
>>
File: 23648231235.jpg (67 KB, 786x671) Image search: [Google]
23648231235.jpg
67 KB, 786x671
>>24387705
>tfw /r9k/ used to be full of normies
this meme again
>inb4 y-you just weren't around pre deletion!
>>
>>24387768
The big old9k tinychat was full of people who never even browsed /r9k/ too. What a joke, huh?
>>
File: 169 - 4chan argument tripfag.png (90 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
169 - 4chan argument tripfag.png
90 KB, 1125x681
>>24387792
RobotBlox9000
>>
This place used to be reddit-tier back in the day. People called each other gentlemen and posted 'funny' ms-paint faces.
>>
>>24387885
Dood.
The people who say that stuff don't even know there WAS a pre-deletion. They genuinely think /r9k/ started in 2011.
>>
>>24387847
>>24387913
this place really isn't that different from reddit, be real now

>>24387890
fuck eeyore i hate you so fucking much, i hope you kill yourself with your stupid bitch ass face. all the good trips left and you're still here
>>
>>24387974
>good trips
>>
>>24387974
up boated ;-*
>>
File: 1442635527322.jpg (8 KB, 272x252) Image search: [Google]
1442635527322.jpg
8 KB, 272x252
>>24387974
Have you ever posted on reddit? They will ban you for not recognozing their out of place and unfunny joke just because they can and they think it's funny too. It's like a ghetto of autistic teenagers and kekloving adults I fucking hate that place and so should you. Atleast Hiroshimoot allows freedom of speech.
>>
>>24387974
You remember CommunistRevolutionary and that one christian guy AMDG or something like that.

They always had well written, thoughtful posts. It's a shame there's nobody like them posting here today
>>
File: 1411529975001.jpg (78 KB, 442x768) Image search: [Google]
1411529975001.jpg
78 KB, 442x768
>>24388060
i use reddit daily. i actually only came back here to make a nostalgia shitpost thread because i never use 4chan anymore the only imageboard i use is krautchan's /int/. have you actually used reddit in the past several years? there are lots of reasons to hate it but none of them are anything you posted
>>
>>24387885
its true though, this board was great even on the first /r9k/ until bitter virgins started shitting up the place
>>
>>24387885
>tripfag is also a newfag
what a surprise
>>
>>24388189
I got banned for using the word 'girl' instead of the word 'women' I got banned for not recognizing a stupid ass joke unrelated to the thread I made. Everyime I post there I get reminded how much more root they are than /r9k/ also you didn't even give a reason nigger typically reddit suck my dick retard
>>
>>24388305
robot* desudesufamfam
>>
>>24387885
It actually was. Content was dominated by feels of failed relationships, childhood issues, mental illnesses, and life improvement threads. Much less shitposting and underaged whining about oneitises/nogf
>>
>>24388305
>>24388305
>I got banned for using the word 'girl' instead of the word 'women'
either there is a lot more to the story than you are telling me (like you were posting on an extremist subreddit) or you are just flat out lying

this is beside the point anyway (which is that this board sucks and hasn't been good since it reopened)
>>
File: 1442664779111.jpg (25 KB, 350x352) Image search: [Google]
1442664779111.jpg
25 KB, 350x352
>>24388395
Why the fuck would I lie about that? I think it was /askadvice and I was extremely polite especially since it was so personal. Also wh cares? What the fuck are you tring to prove? Like I give a shit you have a boner for reddit I don't like it I just use it sometimes for r/cringeanarchy and stuf when I get tired of 4chan. And no it's not besides the point it's a personal opinion there was no point you didn't even give any examples to discuss. I don't get where you're even coming from just go back there faggt my god just fuck of..
>>
File: 1203622889390.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1203622889390.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
"Feels era" and the subsequent "Robot/Chad" then later "Robot/Normie" dichotomies were the worst thing to happen to this board.

Feels posting lowered the level of discourse on this board to reductive shitposts like "tfw no gf" that anybody could post and feel like they're part of "board culture". It cultivated an atmosphere conducive to this fatuous, nebulous idea of a "robot" identity that nobody could agree exactly what it entailed, but knew it had something to do with being a depressed loser and a social misfit. From then on the board degraded into a contest of who could out autism everyone else and be the most "robot" poster on the board. Everyone was convinced that they themselves were a "robot" because of some arbitrary measure they lived up to, but that nobody else was until they could 'prove' it.

The greentext spawned from this lamentable era is what attracted reddit in droves. They saw all these greentext that at this point included psuedo-ironic versions of posters taking the piss out of the real autists who were clogging the board with wojack pictures accompanied by their most depressive thoughts and moments in a vain effort to solidify their "robot" cred. Redditors flocked to this board as it was the epicenter of content on /r/4chan, knowing it only for the illusory idea of a place for "robots" a meaningless word they lacked the context to know just how meaningless it really was and took all the posting about it at face value, perpetuating it by their inane bleating "NORMIES GET OUT REEE" until we have the garbage heap of a board we see today.

All the changes Moot made to 4chan making it more accessible like hidden sages, streamlined interface, mobile browsing, etc... certainly made it easy for them to just hop onboard and start shitposting to their hearts content.
>>
>>24388709
>All the changes Moot made to 4chan making it more accessible like hidden sages, streamlined interface, mobile browsing, etc... certainly made it easy for them to just hop onboard and start shitposting to their hearts content.
I agree with you on the interface and on mobile browsing, but how did hidden sage make anything easier for anyone?
>>
File: ricky2.jpg (148 KB, 1268x949) Image search: [Google]
ricky2.jpg
148 KB, 1268x949
>>24388709
mobilefags need to go
>>
>>24388802
Visible sages helped users moderate their own content without the help of mods. They also spread the use of sages because you couldn't possibly browse 4chan without seeing them. How many new posters from the last 2 years don't even know what sages are? They've never had to type anything in the options field in their lives. They never had to learn about Noko and subsequently sage. Succinctly put, sages helped posters to integrate users into abiding by 4chan's board culture.

Also before Captchas you had dedicated users who would literally spam threads past the bump limit.
>>
>>24388709
>The greentext spawned from this lamentable era is what attracted reddit in droves
Completely wrong. Until late 2014 we were hardly on reddit's radar. It was when the feel posting became ironic, and people began to post manchild stories and meme about GBP that reddit came over. Posting depressing stories and telling people to fuck off when they give shitty advice repulses normalfags very handily. The hangdog stories from that era were also top notch. Altogether, it was a far better time than now.
>>
>>24389559
It was exactly the fatuous idea of a "robot" identity spawned from the "feels era" greentext that lead directly to what you're describing.
>>
>>24389630
Feel posting isn't the problem, the problem was the meming that grew out from it. Were original green text stories the problem, as they led to stories about spilling spaghetti, which gradually led to resentment and the robot culture of today? Feelposting is not necessarily cancerous behavior, writing stories about how you screamed for mommy to drive you to McDonalds for chicken nuggets or you would shit on the floor is.

In all likelihood, you're butthurt by the robot/normalfag discourse because you feel excluded by it, and you weren't here before deletion.
>>
>>24389725
>Feel posting isn't the problem

It certainly was.

You can't divorce the individual greentext from the culture the brought it into existence. The ridiculous elitism of who was the most fucked up, or socially awkward, and who wasn't a "real robot", that's what gave birth to your "feels". The idea that r9k was a kind of haven against regular society and that "robots" were excluded or didn't belong was the prevailing theme that propelled "feels". You're looking on the era with rose-colored glasses, you think all those meaningful "feels-worthy" greentext were the rule, but they were really the exception. You don't remember that it was so bad that on other boards posting >tfw would get you derided as a cancerous "feel fag" spreading their inane memes like ">tfw no gf" onto other boards like a plague.

You can believe what you want if it makes you feel better. But your memory of the era is more reflective of your nostalgia than actuality.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.