[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommendations for psys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: 1443630003075.jpg (185 KB, 609x447) Image search: [Google]
1443630003075.jpg
185 KB, 609x447
Hi, robots.

I'm looking to trip on a psychedelic one last time. I've dropped acid twice and liked it well enough, but found the stimulant side effects to be a little harsh (i.e., tension in legs, anxiety from the comeup).

My purpose for wanting to trip is hoping to resolve some issues stemming from my mother's death when I was young, and to try to introspect and understand certain things about myself. We finally buried her ashes recently, and it brought up a lot of emotions that I thought I had moved on from.

What psychedelic would y'all recommend? I'm tempted toward peyote, but fear it might be too intense based on my lack of experience. I'd also prefer not to vomit (though that's not a deal breaker).
>>
File: 1426537464010.png (1 MB, 500x1011) Image search: [Google]
1426537464010.png
1 MB, 500x1011
Bumping with trippy content.
>>
File: 1439255856189.jpg (64 KB, 500x716) Image search: [Google]
1439255856189.jpg
64 KB, 500x716
Anybody, pham?
>>
Take 2 tabs of double dipped LSD, smoke some weed when it starts to kick in (also drink OJ) and think about existence in general, not just your problems or your perspective because all suffering is caused by ego
>>
>>24340090
>My purpose for wanting to trip is hoping to resolve some issues stemming from my mother's death when I was young, and to try to introspect and understand certain things about myself. We finally buried her ashes recently, and it brought up a lot of emotions that I thought I had moved on from.

This sounds like a job for some ecstasy. I can't understand why you would want to trip on acid or any psychedelic for your intended purpose.
>>
File: 1447553707842.jpg (92 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1447553707842.jpg
92 KB, 612x612
>>24340787
yeah but like, not really how it works. You're not going to be able to sort out your shit with psychs when you don't have a lot of experience with sorting out your shit with psychs. I recommend taking a solid 5-10 hits of acid every 3-6 months for the next few years in a good daytime environment in the woods, far away from people, with a camelbak strapped to your back full of water, granola bars and gummy worms. You shouldn't vomit on acid. If you're vomiting it's not LSD.

Mushrooms are a lot more intense and constructive in a more brutal way, they really get in there and show you your ugly side sometimes. I'd recommend sticking with LSD, and maybe having a good couple of solid DMT trips. Don't smoke weed during, just dulls everything during a trip.

But yeah, a solid dose of LSD alone in the woods during the day every few months until you're feeling better imo is the best plan of action.
>>
>>24340860
>I can't understand why you would want to trip on acid or any psychedelic for your intended purpose

sounds like you've never done psychedelics familia
>>
>>24340891
I have, but please explain your rational rather than brushing me off.
>>
>>24340860

Ecstasy seems like too much of a party drug to do a lot of serious introspecting. I've never tried it, though.

>>24340886

I wasn't clear. I didn't vomit on lsd. I just am aware the vomiting can be a side effect of other psys, like peyote and shrooms. I don't find this desirable, but if it's worth it for the experience, I accept it.

I'm a little intimidated by DMT.
>>
Some of my friends have said mushrooms are their favourite trip, or even their favourite drug. It seems like it causes the nicest trips but also has potential for some real nasty ones. Just make sure you're thinking positive, though that might not be possible for your intended purpose.

DMT trips are supposed to be excellent but I have no idea if they tie to whatever's on your mind at the moment. I think they're completely random shit so you might not find them at all helpful. They're also an unconscious trip so you need to be somewhere safe and comfy when you do it, maybe have someone you trust with you while you do it if you want to be real safe.
>>
>>24340973
>Ecstasy seems like too much of a party drug to do a lot of serious introspecting. I've never tried it, though.

There's evidence of its efficacy in treating ptsd and other emotional trauma. Google it. It's also have been used in a psychotherapy setting. Unfortunately, your perception of it as a party drug is just that: a perception.
>>
>>24340838
This is a very chill way to learn about LSD and make sure it works with you mentally, I still recommend upping the dosage to a ten strip and not smoking for a solid reconstructive trip though.

OJ is so good when smoking/tripping lol

>>24340860
Sounds to me like you just like to party and don't actually do a lot of tripping, which is fine. Ecstasy is a cocktail of various drugs btw almost always including methamphetamines. I dunno why you'd want to eat that shit. Just eat MDMA if you want to have a good time or MDA if you want to trip a little as well. Anyone selling you "ecstasy", just, irresponsible.

Psychedelics are a pretty good way to sort your shit, though it depends on the kind, some just fuck around with reality momentarily and aren't too constructive, and some people respond to one drug well and another one very poorly, i.e., I've met people who respond positively to mushrooms but negatively to LSD.

>>24340973
My experiences with mescaline I'd describe as more whimsical than constructive, but I've known people to significantly change their lives due to a peyote trip. As for shrooms, like, they're a little unpredictable. You shouldn't vomit on under an eighth. They might help you change your life but if it's anything like how I respond to them you won't like it.

LSD is commonly the one people are chill with that is good and constructive, I have a lot of experience with gatherings and festivals talking to and tripping with a wide variety of people. You should be good with 5-10 hits of LSD if you can get it, and maybe mess around with a couple of grams of mushrooms sometime. Most other stuff is just sortof strictly for fun in my experience other than a few random peripheral hallucinogens.

DMT has like a 95% good first trip rate in my experience, I've been around a lot of first timers. It's very rare that someone has a bad trip on it, and quite common that people have a life changing trip. There's not too much to be scared of. con't next post.
>>
File: 1447070510520.png (332 KB, 486x719) Image search: [Google]
1447070510520.png
332 KB, 486x719
>>24341006
I find that most people who enjoy mushrooms aren't exactly doing a lot of them, that or are just sortof simple and uncomplicated people. There are exceptions though, I have met people who respond to them in the way most people respond to LSD. People's heads are just so different. In general though, your risk for a terrible trip with mushrooms is much higher than for a terrible trip with LSD. Even if the trip is constructive, it might also be pretty traumatic, and depending on your situation you might hurt yourself. I don't recommend mushrooms anywhere near as much as LSD, it's just sort of what I'd say to try if LSD isn't working.

And yeah, DMT is chill asf don't worry about it, I've only seen a few bad trips out of hundreds and they were with sortof not great people.

>>24341007
Dude ecstasy is literally a cocktail what are you even on about. Most of the time it's just meth and not even MDMA. MDMA is hardly the answer for people dealing with emotional trauma, if anything it's a bandage drug that requires recurring doses and it's pretty addictive. I don't recommend it at all unless you just want a lighthearted good night. Don't eat anything labeled "ecstasy" unless you want to eat meth.
>>
>>24341007

I'm aware of this, I studied psychology. The hippies ruined it during its trials in clinical settings. Now pure mdma is hard to come by, and is often cut with other shit. I also understand that the comedown is pretty hard and the hangover can make a person kind of depressed. This doesn't seem like the right note to end on.

>>24341063

The most acid I've done has been four tabs. It made for a lovely trip, albeit a little chaotic at parts.

I've heard a lot of good things about shrooms and peyote. I'm not sure which is the more intense of the two, or if there's not a difference in intensity, just in the nature of the trip itself.

I've heard overall more positive things about peyote. One friend's shroom experience involved him shitting himself. Some people really like them though.
>>
Based on your goals, ecstasy is one of the worst choices. Ecstasy IS a party drug, where you will feel very very good for a short period of time, and then probably quite shitty afterwards. You will not gain anything, introspectively, and you will want to keep consuming this drug later, especially if you are depressed.

Recommending ecstasy for your problems is like recommending cocaine or alcohol - a one night fix, nothing more.

I would have actually suggested acid as the best choice. Shrooms are great, but they are dangerous because they have none of the artificial, "euphoric"-type feelings. In other words, it is easy to have a very bad, very dark trip. I've never tried peyote, so I can't say. DMT is doing a lot, and I would definitely not recommend it if you aren't experienced.

So, in summary, do acid in a better setting (outdoors) or with better people, or do a small amount of mushrooms.
>>
>>24341150
>Dude ecstasy is literally a cocktail what are you even on about. Most of the time it's just meth and not even MDMA.

I don't know how true this is, but I retract my statement. What I meant is MDMA rather than ecstacy. Fruthermore, erowid have vault with user's positive experience in ecstacy.

MDMA is hardly the answer for people dealing with emotional trauma, if anything it's a bandage drug that requires recurring doses and it's pretty addictive.

Then why are psychotherapist are using it in soldiers with PTSD in experimental trials?

I don't recommend it at all unless you just want a lighthearted good night. Don't eat anything labeled "ecstasy" unless you want to eat meth.
>>
>>24341253

Lmao wtf is this post, are you high right now?
>>
File: 1445370706145.jpg (24 KB, 510x427) Image search: [Google]
1445370706145.jpg
24 KB, 510x427
>>24341200
Yeah, the chaos in an acid trip is what you want, that's you being confronted with things that make you feel emotionally volatile, those are probably things about your personality that you need to confront. The reason I recommend an area far away from people is that it removes distractions and makes it easier to escape from your social context that kindof blinds you to what you are as an organism and collection of thoughts. It's way easier to look at what you are objectively when you're in a natural environment, just make sure it's like, warm and sunny and comfy, maybe a drive down to the desert due to winter. I also really like the desert because it's easy and comfy to lie down just about anywhere without worrying about bugs, I know that seems kind of funny but I've tripped a lot and that feeling of comfiness can be pretty important for some good introspection. My favorite spots are on a granite boulder on the side of a mountain in the northwest in summer.

Peyote is generally a good and intense experience, and mushrooms it's like, you're rolling the dice, especially if you've had more trauma and struggles in life. It might be great for you though, but I really do recommend it only if acid doesn't work for you.

Peyote/ayahuasca and stuff involves purging, LSA can too, so avoid that if you don't want to vomit/shit.
>>
>>24341239
>Recommending ecstasy for your problems is like recommending cocaine or alcohol - a one night fix, nothing more.

Recommending drugs for your problem is a one night fix. I have encountered many trippers and they yet to gain anything significant out of their trip. There are alternative means to accomplish OP's goal without the use of psychedelic and it is more reliable and based in empirical research rather than anecdotes.
>>
>>24341239

Based on everyone's feedback, acid might be my best bet, then. I've experienced it before and know what to expect.

I intend to research mescaline more though, because I would like to try something different. I probably haven't had very pure lsd, since I've always gotten sort of harsh chemical seeming physical effects while on it. My back, legs, and jaws get very tense in between waves, and it's distracting at times up until I peak.
>>
>>24341315
>Lmao wtf is this post, are you high right now?

This is a drug thread isn't it?

>MDMA is hardly the answer for people dealing with emotional trauma, if anything it's a bandage drug that requires recurring doses and it's pretty addictive.

Then why are psychotherapist are using it in soldiers with PTSD in experimental trials?
>>
File: 1444011433374.jpg (37 KB, 599x384) Image search: [Google]
1444011433374.jpg
37 KB, 599x384
>>24341239
This guy has experienced advice

>>24341253
Of course erowid has positive experience stuff with ecstasy. Meth feels great, especially when you don't know it's meth.
>>
>>24341332

Haha, I'd be afraid to die in the desert if I was by myself. Every time I've dropped acid, consuming food or water seemed like an alien concept.
>>
>>24341359
I mean, what's the point in lying just because you hate psychedelics for some reason? If you talk to five people who have done decent amounts of LSD 2-3 of them will right up tell you that trips have changed their life. Shit, traveling through gatherings and festivals pretty much everyone has had a life-changing hallucinogenic trip. I've had multiple, I've made significant positive life changes through LSD, and once a horrifying mushroom trip. It's not really some kind of mystery or conspiracy, it's basic observational fact.

How about actually talking to people who trip, or trying it yourself? Having dogmatic opinions about things you don't have any experience in is the opposite of intellectual behavior.
>>
>>24341445
>Of course erowid has positive experience stuff with ecstasy. Meth feels great, especially when you don't know it's meth.

Maybe, but I've yet seen any clinical trials for the use of lsd for trauma or emotional difficulties. I have heard of ecstasy and MDMA used in this setting. This is what I'm basing this off.
>>
File: 1443296709514.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1443296709514.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
>>24341489
Yeah, I always strap a camel-bak to my back with water and snacks. Gummy worms are super easy to handle for me when tripping because of the sweetness, juiciness and soft, chewy texture. Drinking water can be obnoxious but it's healthy, just sortof got to force yourself.

The desert is pretty safe, as long as you have large visible landmarks and your snacks/water nothing will happen, and always remember that you'll be done tripping within a ten hour period and nothing bad can really happen.
>>
>>24341542
Once again, you are using the word "ecstacy" as though it's something that isn't a cocktail usually containing meth.

Also, learn to google.
http://www.maps.org/research/psilo-lsd
http://articles.latimes.com/2014/mar/05/science/la-sci-sn-lsd-trial-safety-20140304
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/lsd-speaking-to-volunteer-users-of-the-drug-as-trials-get-underway-to-see-if-it-cures-depression-and-10286767.html
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00920387
>>
>>24341527
>I mean, what's the point in lying just because you hate psychedelics for some reason?

I don't hate it. I've never met any tripper to have gain anything significant out of their trips.

> If you talk to five people who have done decent amounts of LSD 2-3 of them will right up tell you that trips have changed their life. Shit, traveling through gatherings and festivals pretty much everyone has had a life-changing hallucinogenic trip. I've had multiple, I've made significant positive life changes through LSD, and once a horrifying mushroom trip. It's not really some kind of mystery or conspiracy, it's basic observational fact.

This is anecdotal evidence and I, again, I've yet to met any trippers who gained anything significant.

>How about actually talking to people who trip, or trying it yourself?

I have and have tried it myself. In fact, my first trip was right next to a waterfall. I gained nothing out of it and so did several other people who did it with me. No life altering experience there.
>>
>>24341542

Literally the fuck are you talking about? Theres a nearly unlimited number of studies, trials, articles, op-eds, etc. on using LSD along with counselling to ease trauma.
Literally google it and stop trying to justify your drug use to us.
>>
>>24341730

Edit: not saying they necessarily work or not, just saying it IS something that has been done, far more times than with ecstasy.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.