[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on nurses /r9k/ Why is every Stacey and ghetto black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: private-duty.jpg (508 KB, 1400x924) Image search: [Google]
private-duty.jpg
508 KB, 1400x924
Redpill me on nurses /r9k/

Why is every Stacey and ghetto black girl going to college for nursing nowadays?
>>
>>24334780
chance to be around / hopefully marry a doctor
>>
>I'm such a people person!
>I'm so compassionate!

And also every CC has a nursing program
>>
>>24336001
Actually being a control freak is beneficial for nursing.
>>
>>24335965
>chance to be around me, a manlet non-white intern

Gee how wonderful.
>>
Bcuz Grey's Anatomy, girls dig that shit desu senpai.
>>24334780
>>
>>24334780
most of them will wash out when the actual tough classes start. those who make it through will give up half their whoring ways to actually study, the afterwards work weird, shitty hours and weekends. So all in all, not a bad thing.

most nursing jobs suck actual balls (especially if you only get the CNA or whatever shit is below actual RN) and to start off you have to wipe shit from old people's asses at a nursing home. If they actually can study and do out, you actually can level up to a real RN at a hospital or something. these aren't paid bad, but not great considering the shit hours and stressful jobs they work. the real smart ones become nurse practitioners, and are like one step below a basic doctor.

basically, most won't actually make it to 'real' nurse level, and will just start popping out kids after marrying a wagec.u.c.k.
>>
>>24336065
>interns are the only doctors in the hospital
>>
male RN here.

For many of them it's an attempt to do at least one redeeming thing in their lives.

The real Stacys' failed out in the 1st/2nd year.

Most of those who were stacy-esq are now cynical and jaded, they party fuck to ignore the emotional baggage that comes with caring for the sick/dying. Real pain and suffering doesn't compute with what they think life is or was. Some become very anal in the job itself to ignore the emotional baggage.

A lot of the ones that finish the schooling and get full time work end up pretty broken inside, and they lack the insight on how to manage real baggage.

There's a reason the most common stereotype of a real nurse is an overweight mid 40's woman with a short hair cut. They're broken. A lot start families to find some meaning.

I did go to a very competitive nursing school though, only 60 are taken out of 900+ applicants. The youngest age was 21 at the start of the program.
>>
>>24336763
>50-60/hr starting salary working 3 days a week for 12 hour shifts
>tons of opportunity for overtime
>"broken"
i wish i was a nurse
>>
because nurses are always whores, with zero exceptions

because all women are whores
>>
>>24336763
Do people really get upset about patients who die? The only emotional baggage I have is from dealing with entitled asshole patients.
>>
>>24336812

is that in the states?

in canada we do 4 12's on, 4 twelves off usually.

don't worry about the money part. most women don't know how to save. on a break a few days ago, almost all of them who had been working for years said they've never had >15k in their savings account.
>>
File: pepe31.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe31.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
I genuinely believe they want to help people. They want a job where they make a difference, but don't know just how uncomfortable that job is going to be. Most drop out when the work gets too challenging. The ones that stay in find themselves scrubbing bedpans and changing diapers until they quit.

Of course, hypergamy could also be at work. RN's are surrounded by successful, mostly male doctors.
>>
>>24336848

not when they actually die. It's the slow deaths/traumas and dealing with the anguished families, especially when it's kids that break spirits. Upset is the wrong word. They become jaded, and stone cold inside so it won't touch them. They think they can turn the persona on/off, after awhile they realize they can't.
>>
>>24336925
Only beta doctors marry nurses. Alpha doctors marry other doctors.
>>
File: 1439953804862.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1439953804862.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>24334780
i spent the final year of highschool in a vocational program for nursing. at the start i thought it might have been a good career path for me but by the end I decided against it.

anyway, what i saw was really a mixed bag. the program was mostly girls but the demographics were varied as shit. some were makeup caked stacies, others were fat, others were average, etc. as far as their motivations for going into nursing, it's likely because it's a pretty straightforward field. pretty much every tiny procedure is documented out the ass so that the most challenged individual can get their tasks done in a timely manner after plenty of practice.

the program ended with us working the floor at a local facility as CNAs. this was pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. what i saw was really grounding. i saw morbidly obese men and women in their forties that were bedridden and had to be given bedbaths because it was impractical to dispatch a team of nurses to cart them down to a shower.

i can see the motivation. at the lower levels (which is what i got to take part in and observe) it's not very inspired work. it's pretty mechanical, but work is plentiful and hours are flexible. also even at higher levels it seems that a lot of it is very mechanical as well.

off topic, but the biggest thing i took away from that is how bad obesity actually is. the endgame for fat people is absolutely horrendous.
>>
>>24336925

there have actually been more women doctor's graduating for the past 5ish years. Most of the interns/residents in a lot of hospitals are women.
>>
>>24336763

Fellow Male RN. And yeah, this hit every point I was going to make. All of our prerequesite courses were full of bright eyed Stacies. By the time we got to the real course work, we were down to only 100 of us, and by the time we were into our 3rd semester, it was just the 60 hardened members of the group.
>>
>>24337085

where you work brah? I worked in neurosurg for a few months after graduating then moved into the ER, the hospital is paying for me to do the post-grad trauma cert in the spring.
>>
>>24336877
>>24336763
What nursing school did you go to? I'm a first yr at the Ryerson collab program.

Why is Nursing theory such a stupid ass class anon?
>>
>>24337085
How hard is the actual work f a m? Is it just because the work is gross and demanding or because it's difficult?
>>
this shit honestly worries me. universities will pass illiterate indians and chinese kids just to maintain a good image. if the university has a low graduation rate, then people will not want to go there. so naturally they pass any dumbass who waddles inside. you always hear stories about dumbshit indians killing patients and not knowing how to perform proper procedures. i think this is only a U.S. thing so its enraging to know i overpay thousands for the worst service in the world. if youre ever really fucked up, fly out. mexico will give you better treatment
>>
>>24337201
at least in Canada you need a fairly high average to be a nurse (good schools are 88-89+) shit schools like York are even ~83-84+ and probably higher this year. You can't be some random dumb fuck. Is the US that bad?
>>
>>24337115

I worked in critical care for a while, but we didn't have enough patients. So more often than not, I'd get a call telling me to stay home and then I wouldn't be paid for the day. So I started working in chart auditing. I work from home, just writing up summaries of medical records to be used as legal briefs. It's good, easy work but there is always a part of me that misses feeling like a "real nurse."
>>
>>24337148

Douglas out in BC.

It's endless. We had at least 1-2 nursing theory courses per semester for 5/8 semesters. It's all the epitome of bullshit. stay strong. when you start having classes that mix adv patho/pharm it becomes much better. Charm and seduce your clinical instructors, it makes it so much easier
>>
>>24334780
they were convinced to by propaganda

how will take care of all the boomers?
>>
>>24334780
It's just a popular job, don't read into it.
>>
>>24337171

Once you're immersed in it, it's not that hard. You pretty easily memorize what all these medications are and how they interact, just because you see them every day. The hardest part tends to be families who are just looking for someone to point misguided rage at. So you get used to coming into a room to some woman with her arms folded, howling about how the pillows aren't fluffy enough for her mother.
>>
File: 1436325537498.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1436325537498.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>>24337263
I'm pretty much an aspie when it comes to social convention, but I chose to go into Nursing for some reason.

Is this going to bite me in the ass? I don't know if I can properly form "bonds" with clients like the way they describe in class. I thought I just come in and take them to breakfast or clean them. Why do I have to be charming?
>>
>tfw at uni to be a male nurse
:^)
>>
High pay
Easy work
Fairly easy degree

Its one of the jew jobs a Stacey can easily obtain and make $60,000 a year for taking blood pressure and browsing facebook. They also get to fuck Chad doctors frequently.
>>
>>24337249

that sounds terrible. I would have moved. I live in a major city so there is no shortage of critical care/speciality positions. I might want to try crit care down the road, we only get a day or two with ventilators in the trauma prog. not enough imo. I almost wet myself when I discovered how great in-line suctioning is.
>>
>>24337313

nah there's plenty of great introverted nurses. You'll get good using silence and the odd empathetic statement here and there. Don't worry about it, you'll do great.
>>
>>24334780
>Nursing
>College
>Worse healthcare than in europe

Reminder that american colleges aren't worth shit.
>>
>>24337404
I love you t b h friend.

We get placed in a long term care facility in January-February and I'm hyped.
>>
As a med student, I had to do nurse work in a shitty, broken-down hospital with tons of old, dying people and boy am I glad it's over.
I had to change the diapers of at least 20 old folks twice a day.
the fucking horror.
I would rather work in a coal mine than go back to that. never again
>>
>>24337350

Yeah, I lived in a rural area, so options were limited. Good luck to you, brother.
>>
>>24337422

haha long term care is a gong show. don't judge nursing based on your experiences there. remember that hospitals don't hire nurses who have worked in care homes for more than a few years because it's soft and simple.

relish in how cute the old people are and laugh about how dementia is a party and that we're all invited.
>>
>>24337468

you made me burst into tears laughing. I work at a trauma hospital, we have nursing aides that do all the changes, I was told by the manager that hired me "remember that you're an RN, leave the basic care to the aides, it's what they are there to do". I maybe change 1 diaper every few shifts.
>>
File: 1427774095632.jpg (38 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1427774095632.jpg
38 KB, 396x385
>>24337489
I really appreciate all these answers

Last question f a m, do grades matter at all? I know you need 63%+ in your nursing classes to pass, but do employers look at your marks and judge you based on that? Do placements in 1st and 2nd year look at that?

I really want to now the answer to this question.
>>
>>24337530
What do you call the guy who graduated last in his class from medical school?

Doctor.
>>
got a bsc in psychology gonna go get a msc in mental health nursing cause its the only option i could see myself doing

What am in for lads
>>
>>24337546
But I've heard that some employers look at gpa for nursing in Canada. Is that just scare tactics?
>>
File: ah.png (146 KB, 405x434) Image search: [Google]
ah.png
146 KB, 405x434
>"male" nurses
>>
>>24337335
>Easy work

Fucking lol. I would rather wagekek 16/7 than working as a nurse.

>Other nurses hate you
>Doctors spit on you
>Patients literally piss on you
>Have to clean asses the whole time
>Have to clean the bedsheets covered in shit, sweat and puke the moment you come until the moment you leave work
>You want that weekend off because your child has its Birthday? Lol suck it, you're working double night shifts without even getting paid for it
>Sourrounded by illness and death the whole time

Sauce: I've volunteered for 1 year.
>>
>>24337530

No.

It only matters if you want to do your masters or do post grad work like trauma/critical care certification. Even then they don't usually look at the first year or two. Most master's programs in canada specify "GPA of Third and Fourth Years".

Work hard in easy classes to get higher grades as a "buffer" to keep your average up. No manager i've ever heard of looks at your gpa
>>
File: 1445293160206.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445293160206.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>24337624
You're officially my favourite anon, seriously thanks a ton.

I don't think I'm going to do my masters but we'll see. Definitely getting pressure from my parents to do so.

T H A N K Y O U
>>
>>24337594

lel what shithole hospital was that. I go fishing and drinking with my dr bro's in emerg. I saw one of the surgeons who I've worked with while I was out with my buddies and he bought us all expensive whiskey drinks and just winked at me. It's usually a good team vibe.
>>
>>24334780
They actually think nursing has something to do with high-education, and not just menial labor.
>>
>>24337594
It's only a few days a week though. All that free time can be put to good use gaming and watching anime. It's a top tier robot job.
>>
>>24337684

no worries friend. I pushed myself to get a 3.9 so I can get my MSN to teach when I'm 30. based starting 85k.
>>
>>24337703
>top tier robot job

>surrounded by catty whores all day
>frequent face to face interaction with many people

Its a top tier normie job
>>
>>24337703
Honestly, alternating 3 and 4 days a week in 12 hour shifts is ideals as fuck. Perfectly tailored to how I'd like to work 40 hours a week.
>>
>>24337720
Wow, that's fucking amazing anon. You sound like you know your stuff so you'll do great.

MSN seems like the way to go but I can't seem to find the motivation to go through another 2 years of school. You sound like an ambitious individual. Where do you find all this strength to keep working?
>>
>>24337688
>Lying on the internet

How about stop tricking robots into shit jobs?
>>
>>24337720

I take breaks. I finished nursing at 24, I'm going to work until i'm 28 then go back to school. The last year of nursing I probably masturbated 4 times a day and played a shit load of csgo to keep my sanity. I'm not ambitious. It's not about knowing everything, it's about knowing the right thing. I need a lonnnggggg break from school after doing the degree.
>>
>>24337858
I'd like to do the same but my parent's would pressure me way too much to finish it by 22. Can you actually just take a year off of Uni and not get kicked out of the program? Is that how it works?
>>
>>24336763
Is this an attempt to get us to feel sorry for these whores?
>>
>>24337884

mine had a bunch of hoops to jump though for you to do it, but some did it. I suggest just grinding it out like an mmo. You will be slower when you come back, not worth it imo
>>
>>24337905

no, to laugh at them. They attempted to be human and it backfired on them. It's justice.
>>
>>24337927
thanks again, you just motivated me to start working on an assignment.

I hope everything works out for you f a m, you'll make a great teacher.
>>
>>24334780
Literally every girl I've ever met, that isn't a meth whore or heroin addict- they're only ambitions were to go to nursing school.

And they were all CNA's
>>
>>24337528
yeah, this was absolute cucckoldry. we only had to do this shit for 4 weeks though.
It taught me to appreciate nurses.
>>
File: 1447546609426.png (108 KB, 340x368) Image search: [Google]
1447546609426.png
108 KB, 340x368
What are RPNs even for? Are they just failed RNs?

Makes me laugh when I see someone doing the RPN program.
>>
Because health fields are the latest meme careers.
>>
>>24337737
>implying nurses aren't easy and will let you lose your virginity.
>Not autopiloting face to face interactions
Plus there isn't much downtime for other nurses to bother you.
>>
>>24338133
it really is

i got sucked into it too

>HEY GUIZE LOOK AT ALL THESE BOOMERS GETTING BUSY DYING
>JOB SECURITY NO REALLY WE MEAN IT GUIZE!

fuck
>>
>>24337421
Nah senpai, we have great medical staff. Only our system is a gold mine for doctors and such and absolute hell for normalfags without good insurance
>>
>>24338047

registered phag nugget.

they don't do anything, and only get hired in long term psych institutions. the worst.

It's the profession of "Preparing-and-administering-haldol/loxapine-IM's"
>>
>>24337530
>all you need is 63+ to pass
nigger in my program we need a 75+ exam average to pass our classes

But either way employers look more at your experiences and what you do in clinical, they don't care what your grades were as long as you pass. My grades are average but I have a job set up in my local hospital's progressive care unit because of how I performed on the job in clinical. Do not fuck around there, it's a semester-long job interview.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.