[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel more normal when drunk or on a similar drug?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Anyone else feel more normal when drunk or on a similar drug?

I can't really tell what is and isn't normal thought / behaviour when I'm sober. But it all makes perfect sense after a tiny bit of alcohol.

How does that even work?
>>
alcohol allows me to feel and experience things

it also takes away my low self esteem, increases my confidence and temporarily stops me from hating everything about myself

trying to cut down though. drugs mess me up.
>>
>>24169992
Yeah m8.
I don't even drink socially. Just when I'm alone and I've been worrying about something stupid all week, I drink and only then I realise "wow you're fucking insane, no sane person would worry about that" and I stop worrying about it for a while even after I've sobered up.
>>
>>24170054
Same here. I don't know. That's just how robots are.
>>
>>24169846
It's called happiness, impairs your ability to notice all the shitty things around you
>>
File: kuroki12.jpg (39 KB, 998x720) Image search: [Google]
kuroki12.jpg
39 KB, 998x720
People with autism will often function like neurotypicals on alcohol.

Its good because it offers an alternative path for crippled individuals, and bad because it makes them highly vulnerable to alcoholism.
>>
I use caffeine instead, cheaper and less likely to kill me in the long run.
>>
>>24170523
Where did you find this? All I find is the usual "alcohol reduces social inhibition" and "alcohol makes you happy temporarily" stuff, which apparently is more relevant for autists. But I think that is an oversimplification.
>>
>>24171085
It also dulls the senses a bit wich is good for autistic people
>>
File: 1360005835189.gif (233 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1360005835189.gif
233 KB, 500x275
>>24169846

You're addicted, man. When you drink, you return to what your body has deemed as "normal" GABA stimulation, causing the relaxation and familiarity you're describing. Without alcohol, you begin to withdraw, your body is essentially begging you for more. The only way out is to break the cycle, because soon it will more than "a tiny bit." This repeats and repeats until you're institutionalized, incarcerated, or dead.

TLDR; you're developing a dependency, please get help anon.
>>
>>24169846

I don't smoke but I've been chewing nicotine gum recently because it gives me more energy and helps me focus on shit tbqh.

It's probably really bad for me but it's not like I'm an extremely healthy person to begin with anyway.
>>
iktf to well anon, just to well
>>
>>24171866
No, I drink once every month. The insights I gain last a while, so I don't have to do it often.
>>
>>24169846
Sounds like schizophrenia tbqhfam
>>
I actually feel like a more responsible and self aware person when I'm drunk. I'm probably more fun to socialize with too since it makes me forget my "everything sucks so why bother anyway" attitude for a moment.
>>
>>24172343
Depends on the kinds of thoughts you have. OCD people aren't schizophrenic but they too have intrusive thoughts that probably go away when they drink. Almost all mental diseases / abnormalities have intrusive thoughts.
>>
>tfw alcohol in low doses is like medicine to me
I can function socially, I have no anxiety, am actually able to hold balace longer...
Ethanol truly is a wonderful molecule lads.
>>
Alcohol brings out your true self. You're repressed constantly and alcohol gives you a happy release
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.