[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /Balding/ here? Got a hair transplant 3 weeks ago AMA Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11
File: FUE1[1].jpg (109 KB, 877x407) Image search: [Google]
FUE1[1].jpg
109 KB, 877x407
Who /Balding/ here? Got a hair transplant 3 weeks ago AMA

Pic related - how bad I was and what I'm expecting
>>
>>25028969
The balding isn't your problem, it's the way you handle it.

Even with the hair graft or whatever, you'll still be visibly insecure to others.

Real men just embrace it and shave the whole thing.
>>
>>25028969
I prefer him before, to be quite honest. I like baldness. It's part of your manhood. You should embrace it, instead of engaging in this useless fight against the spin of time. There is no winning in the battle: you will lose. The best you can do is embrace your fear and accept your destiny. You're no batter then those womyn who dread wrinkles and stretch their faces with plastic until theyre deformed.
Besides, many guys actually look handsome bald. This pic you posted is one of them. You're just not used to it because of your stupid beauty pattern. You must learn to see beyond it, abd actually apreciate the beauty of a skin head.
>>
>>25029020
>>25029026

I agree I don't see it as functional in the sense that it will cure everything and look exactly as it did. On the other hand the improvement of your appearance leading to an increase in confidence is essentially what your are aiming for.
>>
Btw a ginger so my head is pale AF. I have shaved it a few times to try 'embrace it' but lead to further insecurity and a long painful wait for it to grow back out.
>>
No man in my family has ever gone bald but lately I've been paranoid about it for some reason. Constantly checking my hairline and crown, parents keep insisting it wont happen to me, all that stuff.

It's kinda ruining my life actually being this paranoid checking the mirror every 10 minutes.
My crown is so weird it actually does make it look like it's thinning in the light.
>>
>>25029107

Dw man been there. Reality is medicine has caught up, enough if your smart about it.

If you do detect that you are thinning then take medication to prevent further loss. Its cheap, effective and much easier/less hard work to keep your hair than to replace it.
>>
>>25029092
Just shave it once a week or more.

Also work out, being out of shape and bald looks a lot worse than being out of shape with hair.
>>
>>25029147
I'm in great shape. Just very pale and typical ginger look. Look fine when I have the hair to go with it.
>>
File: 2015-12-16-215035.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-16-215035.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
How bad is it, bros? My family says it's just my crown but I don't know, I feel like even in the light I can see too much of my scalp.

Even my barber said that it's just my crown and there's no thinning but I don't know if they're just being nice or what.
>>
>>25029174
Shave it and dye your eyebrows.
>>
guy in OP looks better bald for some reason. might just be the more flattering lighting in that pic.
>>
>>25029207
Yes you are definitely thinning but you've caught it super early. Medication (finasteride) will restore a bit of that back and prevent any further losses. Don't wait it out brah or you'll be paying thousands to get it back or be super conscious of it 24/7 (seriously, pathetic I know)
>>
>>25029263
Should I see a dermatologist just to confirm or should I just get right on the stuff?
>>
File: Damian-Lewis-Bald-400x300[1].jpg (86 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Damian-Lewis-Bald-400x300[1].jpg
86 KB, 400x300
>>25029252
I'n what world is the right better than the left. As a ginger this is very accurate for me. Don't need heaps of hair - just enough to be there.
>>
>>25029291
I still don't see why anyone would care either way.

Normal women don't, so why should you?

Spending all this time and money trying to artificially stop something completely natural and harmless just seems stupid.
>>
>>25029313
I get where you are coming from but I think it's hard to understand what it's like to walk around not liking what's on your head
>>
>>25029278
Yeah you will probably need to get a prescription. Just take 1mg of finasteride daily. If money is an issue you can get 5mg pills and split them 4 ways. Here in Aus it's $50 for a 30 pack of 5mg so 120 doses and $100 for 30 pack of 1mg.
>>
>>25029207
Looks just like a crown really, sometimes it can look like you're thinning in the light plus you have short hair it seems so your crown will be more noticeable. See a Dermatologist if you want to really find out if you've got the balding gene.
>>
>>25028969
I think it looks really good, congrats op. I'm balding but don't know if I'll ever get a transplant
>>
File: tumblr_nyjlhm3ysq1s02vreo5_500.gif (85 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyjlhm3ysq1s02vreo5_500.gif
85 KB, 500x281
>>25029313
>Normal women don't
Yeah look at this pic, they look exactly the same. Who would ever think a man is less attractive just because he's bald?
Literally meaningless. You just have to be yourself.
>>
>>25029449
>tfw have full head of hair
>Genetics determine if it's going to be taken away

It fucking sucks being a paranoid fuck like me, looking at family albums just to see if any men in the family were going bald. I also keep inspecting peoples hairlines in movies and when I'm out and about.
>>
File: Ronald_Reagan_old.jpg (17 KB, 308x422) Image search: [Google]
Ronald_Reagan_old.jpg
17 KB, 308x422
>>25028969
Good luck op I hope you get what you are looking for.
Balding is the absolute worst that can happen to your looks and often confidence save severe injuries of course.
Especially when you are young you feel robbed of your youth and a whole group of women suddenly becomes unavailable to you since you drop at least 2 points in looks. That those may not be the women you would want to be with is not the point, it just lowers your confidence. If you are a unnatractive robot to begin with that effect may be even worse. And all that for something stupid that serves no evolutionary purpose whatsoever. So it is understandable that op is trying to fix it. You will not win though, you will be bald in the end, curse your genes. JUST don't have kids.
>>
File: 1323488149757.jpg (32 KB, 650x452) Image search: [Google]
1323488149757.jpg
32 KB, 650x452
>>25029313
>I still don't see why anyone would care either way.
>>
>>25029449
Well no shit half head of thinning hair looks like shit, he would look normal if he just shaved that shit off.
>>
>>25029717
If you think that dude would look better shaved than he does in the right pic you're straight out delusional.
>>
File: IMG_7894.jpg (316 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7894.jpg
316 KB, 800x533
you faggots just don't know how to pull off bald head and have qt girls
>>
>>25029793
you look retarded bruh, and its not even related with baldness
>>
File: 1447731138732.jpg (16 KB, 287x320) Image search: [Google]
1447731138732.jpg
16 KB, 287x320
That guy would look good bald though. I don't think he gained much at all with his hair transplant but whatever if it makes him happy.

I'm bald too, but I still wish there was a viable cure so I would have to shave my head less and could grow it out if I wanted. I'd probably buzz with a 3 blade instead of a 1 if I wasn't bald.
>>
>>25030218
stay jelly neckbeard
>>
>>25029793

how is that dude's arm so short?
>>
Was balding from 17-21, got on finasteride and my hairs looking much better. Can't even tell I'm balding unless I really fuck my shit up. I've been on it for 4 years, hopefully a real cure comes up before I hit 40 and fin stops working.
>>
File: Hagel.png (466 KB, 1000x900) Image search: [Google]
Hagel.png
466 KB, 1000x900
>>25029020
This is the only true path. Embrace it. Just shaved my head into a chrome dome tonight. Feels great, especially feeling all that smooth skin. Hell I shave my face as well so no facial hair either. People don't even give you shit about it either. What are they going to say anyway, that you're bald? No shit since you shave your head.

You have nothing going for you if you think the instant you lose your hair your life is ending.
>>
>>25028969

Was going bald because of a shitty job I had.

Now, after a year of quitting as soon as it turns out the workplace culture is toxic, my hairline is actually coming back in.
>>
>>25030631
doesn't work like that buddy
>>
I thought I was balding for 5 years. I was not in fact balding. Full head of hair. Feels good man.
>>
>>25029793
any gear whatsoever?
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>25028969
And what you'll actually get!
>>
>>25031248
What lead you to believe you were balding? I've been paranoid about it myself for 2 years now because I noticed my hairline had receded at the temples and is noticeably thinner at the edges, but I'm not sure if it has progressed since then or not because its all so slow. I have no pics to compare either.
>>
I've achieved some regrowth success with a dermal roller + minoxidil. Give it a shot if you're desperate bros.
>>
>>25031396
he's shilling don't bother
>>
>>25030517
I don't want to disparage you because your situation might have been different, but most young people who are maturing experience physical changes, including those of the hairline. If you can no longer pull of that bowl cut you looked so hot in when you were 15 then it's probably because you're starting to turn into a man.
>>
>>25031409

>it didnt work for me
>he's shilling!

not everyone has landing strip baldness. I had just a little thinning and it has been effectively reversed.
>>
>>25031409
how is that shilling? he didn't mention any brands of minox or derma rollers. do you know what shilling means?
>>
File: 20151216_150710.jpg (392 KB, 1292x1624) Image search: [Google]
20151216_150710.jpg
392 KB, 1292x1624
Father went bald before he hit 40 but I seem to have the same hair genetics as my grandfather who is 66 and other than a thin patch on the back of his head still has all his hair.

Hopefully won't lose it.
>>
>>25031289
nope, I hit delts hard so they may seem like roid delts.
>>
I wouldn't mind shaving my head except for the fact that I wear glasses, and personally I feel that glasses + shaved head looks like shit. Maybe after I get lasik, but only if it gets really bad.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.