[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to be a bad person even if your actions suggest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 5465tryhg.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
5465tryhg.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
Is it possible to be a bad person even if your actions suggest that you are not?
I feel like I'm a cold, bitter, narcissistic asshole on the inside but I'm instinctively friendly and easy-going towards other people.
>>
>>25028228
If the path to hell is paved with good intentions than maybe the path to heaven is paved with bad ones?

Being a good person is not about what thoughts cross your mind, but which ones you act upon.
>>
>>25028254

youre fucking retarded

so a pedophile that fantasizes about kidnapping and raping little girls to death can be considered a good person if hes too much of a chicken shit to act?
>>
>>25028254
This. You actions matter.

I'm autistic, and I don't pick up social cues or "feel empathy" the way other people do.

However, I understand that other people matter and I want to treat others as I would have them treat me. So even though my thoughts are neutral/apathetic my actions are good.

You can't control your thoughts. You can control your actions.

>>25028330
That's different. The person WOULD act if not for a specific condition.
>>
>>25028330
Yeah, he really can be considered a good person. Obviously fear is a good motivator to make people be good, but in your scenario, maybe he just realizes it's a bad idea and willingly decides not to do it?

As long as he doesn't do it, whether through fear or better judgement, someone with fucked up thoughts like that could very well be a good person. Who are you, the thought police?
>>
>>25028367
>The person WOULD act if not for a specific condition.
same as any other desire left unpursued
>>
>>25028400
Except no?

There are lots of things I desire, but I don't act because I value being ethical over getting what I want.
>>
>>25028228
I deal with the same struggle, OP, it's brought me to the point where I'm a NEET shut-in who spends a good deal of his time self-loathing.
hope you've had better luck dealing with this, maybe you're not as broken.
>>
I guess. I personally don't really give a shit about what other people do or their problems or whatever, but I pretend I do. Basically, every time I have a conversation with someone I feel like an actor. I don't care at all, but I pretend like I do and act friendly and cheerful and relaxed. Inside, I'm apathetic and want to be left alone. If I could go the whole day without people talking to me and letting me be, I'd much prefer that.
>>
File: congrats.gif (274 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
congrats.gif
274 KB, 500x341
Congratulations you're all autistic sociopaths.

Congratulations!
>>
File: 140666565456.gif (179 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
140666565456.gif
179 KB, 375x375
>>25028728
Why did I laugh so hard at this?
It's not even clever.
>>
>believing normie terms and definitions of good and bad
>>
>>25028228

Worrying about whether you are a "bad person" is vain and egotistical, it is wankery.

You're just a self-absorbed fool with a convoluted form of depression.

If you made some lifestyle changes or took the right pills to correct whatever imbalance there is in your body, your logic and thought process about yourself would instantly change.
>>
Either people are responsible for themselves, in which case it's not my fault if I hurt their feelings, or they're not, in which case it's not my fault if I hurt their feelings. Either way, who cares? You're worried about being a bad person when life is complete fucking nonsense.
>>
File: 1450221655122.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1450221655122.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>25028906
This definitely sounds like projection.
I'm not even gonna refute what you've said because I don't necessarily think it's incorrect.
>vain and egotistical
Basically everything anyone does in civilized society is 'vain and egotistical'.
We live in an individualist culture. We look out for and think about ourselves.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.