[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1449431440428.jpg (107 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
1449431440428.jpg
107 KB, 500x637
Anxiety thread

>why do you think you have it?
>how bad is it?

Also give each other some advice. No "b urselfs" please.
>>
Everything I do is bad. I tend to focus too much on the negative stuff without realizing.

Got a job, doing fine health-wise. Yet everyday I get fucking punished in my mind for the smallest things.

>conversation with a co-worker had a split second awkward moment
>time to get home and punish myself mentally until I cry like every single day
>>
>>25015008
Just be yourself man, I know it sounds corny but it really works!
>>
It seems to run in my family. Both my mom and grandpa had it, though seemingly not near as bad as I do.
>how bad is it?
Bad. I have panic attacks pretty frequently and I'm constantly worried about my health when nothing is wrong with me. The past couple of days, for example, I've become increasingly worried that my chest looks asymmetrical and it might mean something is wrong inside of me. Then when I look in the mirror again it looks normal. I have a xanax prescription now, but I'm trying not to take any unless I really can't take it.
>>
I have anxiety because I'm fucked in the brain and my parents did a terrible job of raising me. I also have chronic depression, alcoholism, and bulimia. Life is hell and I genuinely welcome the prospect of death.
>>
Constantly hhhhhnnnnggggg my insides
>>
Family has history of mental health issues...

Feel panicky all the time, hands and feet always sweaty, shaky hands, worried/too much thinking
>>
Both my parents are socially anxious aspies. So genetics probably play a role.

I probably am just OCD or general anxiety, because I can get extremely anxious over anything. But the social anxiety causes the most problems.

I'm actually not that anxious in social interactions, but I always get extremely anxious about something in the future (like, group assignments in school, events I should attend but have no one to join me) which sometimes means I don't go at all - which of course causes problems. Because I don't go to social things due to my anxiety, I miss out on meeting people - which makes me more isolated and anxious. So that just keeps on going.

A few years ago I've found a very good friend that has the same degree of anxiety as I have, which has helped alot. Being able to talk about the anxiety makes it 10x less bad
>>
guys its easy xD

all ya gotta doo is...

all ya need to do is...

just b urself :^)
>>
File: 1437271530603.jpg (163 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
1437271530603.jpg
163 KB, 499x750
>>25015008
>6th grade
>hit puberty a little early
>constant anxiety attacks from schoolwork
>teeth fucked up from chewing pencils until they broke in two (14 in a day was my record)
>forced to take Paxil
>scared to swallow pills, had to break it apart into ice cream
>grew up with huge mantits from the side effects, still thin (150lbs 6'0" currently)
>mfw lost all chances of a lawsuit settlement reward because my dumbass lawyer lied saying I was obese from the ice cream

bots, if you ever have children, no matter what, don't let them take anti anxiety pills
>>
>>25015322
Go away you calm piece of shit
>>
Because when I was young my mother thought there was something wrong with me and thought it may have been autism. I ended up getting diagnosed with OCD and GAD and then getting help.
>how bad is it?
Not awful now but my wrist skin is always red and peeling from washing my hands and whenever I hear about my family members going away I worry about bad things happening to them.
When I used to go abroad with my family we were limited by my extreme fear of insects.
I still lose a bit over an hour of every day checking things like whether the front door is locked or not.
>>
I want friends but i want to be alone
>>
File: hackslashsigns.jpg (136 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
hackslashsigns.jpg
136 KB, 800x600
>>25015008
Anxiety=sucks

Diet, Meditation, and Working Out.

But I think anyone who complains about anxiety without giving those 3 things adequate testing is a whiny bitch.

My brain used to refuse to produce words when around other people. Now I can talk to anybody without appearing retarded.
>>
>>25015595
Why don't you put some lotion or oil on your skin, at least prevent the rash if you can't control the OCD. And why afraid of insects? They are mostly harmless, seriously.
>>
>>25015617
i think everyone on this board feels that way, anon
>>
>>25015684
Yeah, I actually think that most people who complain about anxiety REFUSE to try meditation and exercise. They claim it doesn't work but they've only tried it sporadically or not even half-heartedly.
>>
Low self esteem.

>how bad is it?
Had a panic attack once. Fucking terrible shit and I'm really sorry for people who have it regularly. And I sued to physially shake before posting on anonymous internet forums.
>>
>>25015944
does excessive masturbation have any negative effects?
>>
>>25017127
Of course. Haven't you noticed anything?
>>
Think it got passed down to me from mom, she is an anxious mess too and of fucking course sister didn't get one bit of bad genes from family.

>tfw sister is a 9/10 goddess
>outgoing, booming social life, fucking beautiful, cheerful
>I'm a 3/10 goblin with several mental issues, short, small dicked shut in

FUCKING HOW?
>>
File: comfy_bed_view.jpg (59 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
comfy_bed_view.jpg
59 KB, 640x640
>>25017127
Im the other guy.

Excessive masturbation can deplete resources that your body also uses for other energy and brain shit.

NoFap works because it allows the body to stop putting so much effort into making spunk and restore reserves in other areas.

Zinc is one of them.

>Thirty to forty percent of your daily chi energy goes into the production of sexual energy and this energy is then put to use in the production of sperm

A lot of wuwu chi and energy shit is just metaphors for stuff that people originally didn't have the tech to identify.
>>
>>25017477
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the energy required to make a couple extra mL of sperm is nothing compared to the average daily expenditure.

I jerked off twice today and still manged to get tons done. Stop making stupid excuses.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.