[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone good in economics? Need help for exam!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Anyone good in economics? Need help for exam!
>>
This is the question;

# of bottles Utility
0 0
1 2
2 7/4
3 3/2
4 5/4
5 1

Now which demand function could describe his preferences?

A: D(P)= 50-P
B: D(P)= 25-2P
C: D(P)= 14-0.5P
D: D(P)= 9-4P
>>
>>24986003

I have a degree in Finance and I've never seen anything like that.

... Can you take picture of it? Is there is a supply/demand curve you're actually plotting.

Also for the record, economics shouldn't be taught as a science or straight math. It's more a humanity and it's better taught verbally because economic calculations and formulas fall apart when you try to squeeze all the different variables in an economy in. The models get to complicated to be useful.

A supply and demand curve just show a visual representation of a concept. They weren't meant to act like precise predicting tools, plotting every point.
>>
Fucking mirco exam.Spend half the time starring at the qt examiner
>>
>>2498598
plug in
>>
>>24986062
I totally agree with you, sadly I got to understand this though. :( I can't take a picture since my print screen is broken, but the practice exam question is literally this but formatted more nicely. (And a story about Bill who can't decide about how many beers to buy)
>>
>>24986096

That's the most value you're getting out of your education, trust me.
>>
>>24986108

Okay what is P supposed to stand for here?
>>
>>24986131
P is price
>>
>>24986131
No info is given about that sadly, it's up to us to imagine I suppose.
>>
I mean it looks like it's trying to show something about diminishing returns. The utility goes down with each bottle.

So is P price?
>>
>>24986131
P is x where D(P) is similair to f(x) I'm assuming. Though I'm not OP. If that's it, literally none of those functions work. The 0 input never outputs a 0. I'm assuming the left column is x (#of bottles) and the right is y (utility).
>>
Also OP, no shit, try straight googling as well. Most test questions come from a text books with a prepacked test and answers.

Some people post them online.
>>
>>24986104
Ok, this worked, thanks! D is the answer, this is one of those excersises that's easy once you know how to think
>>
>>24986240

Also also, read the text book they gave if you they're using one/it. Find a problem that looks exactly like this, it's probably solved and now the numbers are different.

You just have to plug in the numbers into the same formula basically.
>>
>>24986258

Good job OP. If you're still around, look up the economist George Reisman if you are interested in the subject. The man explains it THE BEST and with a huge serving of genuine red pills too. He's basically the red pill on economics.

Read some of his essays and you can put your econ professors to shame.
>>
>>24985989
>ice cock

Wouldn't that be really cold and not feel good
>>
>>24986380
Could you imagine getting nailed by Elsa? The cold wouldn't bother me anyway.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.