[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be Siddhartha Gautama >Dedicate my life to discovering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: siddartha.gif (164 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
siddartha.gif
164 KB, 640x448
>Be Siddhartha Gautama
>Dedicate my life to discovering the truth of existence
>find it
>decide to pass on what I've learned
>start teaching the way of life to villagers
>they don't follow me, they aren't interested at all, they are not convinced.
>realize that a person can't act by himself, but he may be more likely to realize the truth by being part of a group
>Therefore I indulge on the point of self sufficiency, so I create a movement
>people start following me, they believe everything I say
>my suspicion is true, I start telling them nonsense just to prove my point
>they believe me blindly
>give up
>people are still eager to follow me
>they go everywhere I go, even the bathroom
>change my mind, it's not perfect but I can teach them to accept the material world and free their consciousness by resignation and letting go of unachievable desires
>>
>They totally misunderstand it, they just do things because I tell them to, they can't really think for themselves
>"M-master Buddha, is it okay to use a razor? O-or is it against the rules?"
>Laugh nervously, tell him he can
>Hear screaming from the other side of the village
>One guy starved himself to death because he meditated too much
>They accuse me of malpractice
>I tell them how liberation is not about transcending the material world but accepting it and applying the middle way. Not too much nor very little
>they just look me deadly into the eye and say "that means he reached Nirvana"
>I can't believe this, I just can't
>another guy surprises me from behind and yells to me " THANK YOU GREAT BUDDHA, I WILL CREATE A SCHOOL IN YOUR HONOR, AND EVERYONE WILL DRESS LIKE YOU AND DO EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOU, WE AS ONE"
>I'm too scared to answer, I step back, I slip from the edge of the valley I'm in
>As I'm falling 10 meters into the ground people look at me surprised
>rocks fall above me
>As my eyes fade into nothingness and I accept the sweet breeze of death I scream
>JUST FOLLOW THE PATH BACK HOME , AND YOU'LL MAKE IT
>Rocks fall over me
>No one finds my body
> I hear one more thing before fading into the void
>"He told us to follow the path to enlightenment"
>"He is a God, we should erect a statue in his honor"
>"I'm gonna craft little wood statues and sell them all over the country"
>"He saved my child , I should become a monk" "A Buddhist monk".
>>
>tfw no buddha will help me
Jus godda do it maself
>>
>>24981916
that's the point of the story, if you read everything. Not a Buddhist shill.
>>
>>24981940
I dont wanna do it that way
>>
>>24981983
Then you are like the villagers.
>>
>>24981996
I know and i hate myself
>>
File: 1449785349743.png (67 KB, 314x316) Image search: [Google]
1449785349743.png
67 KB, 314x316
>>24981879
>tfw I actually googled whether or not the Buddha fell off a cliff to see if you were doing some multiple perspective joke story
>>
File: HubbardSmile-e1428197956590.jpg (41 KB, 600x391) Image search: [Google]
HubbardSmile-e1428197956590.jpg
41 KB, 600x391
>Be L. Ron. Hubbard
>Write subpar science fiction novels
>People buy them anyways
>See church one day
>They are collecting tithes
>People pay for shitty science fiction
>People pay for religion
>Maybe people will pay for a shitty science fiction religion
>Decide to found church of Scientology
>Pull science fiction story out of my ass
>Charge people millions of dollars just to hear it
>mfw they do it
>>
this same thing happened to jesus. or perhaps they both realized they had to lie to people to get them to do the right thing
>>
>>24982082
well, the actual death didn't fit in
>>
>be Jesus
>teach Jews about love, faith, charity, etc
>they kill me
>>
that is basically the Life of Brian except for Buddha instead of Jesus
>>
>>24982103
no, he had bad intentions from the start he wasnt just taking advantage of an opportunity
>>
>>24982149
that is the message I try to express. That's why people hate religion and the like, because it is completely misunderstood, because many values that come from religion are legit.
>>
>>24982176
>teach Jews about charity
Well what did you expect to happen?
>>
Both religious people and non religious fail to understand that being right is not the point, the point is to apply the values to create a better world.
God is a concept, doesn't matter if he exists in a visual or material form
>>
>>24982194
So what did you think shakyamuni really taught? I always thought that theravada buddhism is the closest thing we have to what shakyamuni actually taught tbhfam
>>
>>24982210
Jews are like those roaches that survived radiation inside the nuclear bomb
>>
File: 1449180628241.jpg (1 MB, 3464x2309) Image search: [Google]
1449180628241.jpg
1 MB, 3464x2309
>>24982210
kek
fuck you robo
>>
so is this thread bait for the anti buddha or what
>>
>>24982103
pretty based t-b-h f-a-m
normies getting scammed hard
>>
>>24981871
>>24981879
entertaining and poignant. such is the fate of all teachers in a world of animals
>>
>>24982103

It's just another fraternity really. I have a couple friends who do it. They say it's all just fun and games. I wish fraternities were still a thing. I think it's the multi-kultis that killed them off. You never hear about the odd fellows anymore, only old men are in masonry, and outside of the hospitals shriners coudln't be anymore irrelevant than they are now. I"m thinking about joining the blue lodge after I graduate though. Even if it is just old men at least it's still friends. We can play tennis or drink beer at bbqs together. Maybe if I get rich I could become shriner and wear a silly little hat.
>>
>>24982260
Well, I tend to catch the important teachings from everything I read. And then I try to apply them in a realistic way.
I (personally) think that the Buddha had to create a dogma so people could understand.
But in reality, you can't follow a dogma , because if you do it , you are walking someone else's path.
You have to prove his teachings by applying them into the every day life.
I don't thing enlightenment is supreme knowledge handled to you by the universe. I don't think humans can be enlightened at all.
Buddha realized that living an ascetic life which consists in deprecating the material world, was the same as drinking booze and fucking whores. Because it is the same, the desire to " escape " reality, to escape yourself.
We are humans, we are flesh , you have to accept that. To live graciously is to live in the middle, nor rich nor poor, nor too much food nor too little.
You see, the great thing about philosophy is that everything that the author writes, you can come to the same conclusion without reading it.
Also, the Greeks had the same ideas as the Buddha , and Jesus. The "Arete". the maximum virtue Not arrogant, yet not pusillanimous, just humble , see here that " humbleness " is the middle course of action , you don't let yourself be stepped over, but you don't do the same either.
>>
>>24982149

I take it you aren't familiar with the bible. People misunderstood him, but he always said he was an avatar and that his way was the right way. Fuck sluts and faggots, just be a good person and it will all work out. Then fuckhead catholics went and ruined everything, which made protestants jealous so they copied everything that is horrible about catholics to be more horrible too. Orthodox are the only one's with any sense. Fuck sluts and faggots, be a good person. Catholics and protestants say fuck men and anything good, lets be sluts and faggots and be a bad person, god 4gives all so if we sin more we'll have grace more abundant, yoloooo
>>
>>24982194

People hate religion because they are whiny sluts and whiteknights who wear fedoras. There is literally no other reason to hate religion.

Don't hate religion, just hate all religions except for Christianity.
>>
File: dropping-into-hell.jpg (31 KB, 610x454) Image search: [Google]
dropping-into-hell.jpg
31 KB, 610x454
>>24982222

Fuck the world, I am not a part of it. I have my eyes set on grander things than making the world a better place. Why bother when our time here is so short and we're going to a perfect place afterwwards? Either perfect reunion with our lord and aviod in heaven, or perfect punishment and severance of our tie to the divine and holy
>>
>>24982463
i know. that doesnt conflict with what i said
>>
>>24982543
Well, the "point" of having a "fulfilled" life is to do what you want and you are passionate about,and at the same time , indirectly or directly, make the world a better place.
Example: "I am a Doctor, and I cure people because i like to research the human body for the sake of Science, not because I like to help people" But indirectly, he is making the world a better place, doing what he wants.
>>
>>24982372
Yes, I guess we as humans aren't that capable after all.
>>
>>24982629
What if my fullfillment contradicts with other well being?
>>
>>24982860
Could you be more specific? I see you are looking for me to stumble in a contradiction, but nevertheless,please give me an example so I can reply.(not that I think I'm right, we are just talking)
>>
>>24982481
>just hate all religions except for Christianity.
Ironically , Christianity is the only religion that promotes the "love thy neighbor" slogan. So you are trashing the only virtue that separates Christianity from the rest.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.