[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Near death experiences?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: near death.png (7 KB, 601x327) Image search: [Google]
near death.png
7 KB, 601x327
Has anyone had a near death experience? Mine really woke me up to being constantly aware of what I'm doing even if it seems dumb.

>Be in ROTC at University
>forced to help clean up the football stadium as a punishment
>I ride in the back of a trailer pulled by a gator (industrial golf cart) and jump out to collect trash cans reeking of beer
>another guy is driving to the top level up the ramp and I am standing up in the trailer half paying attention
>Stadium was renovated and I had not been to the top levels before
>on the top level the ceiling is lower and the support beams are gradually lower but not an issue
>look up about 2 seconds before the next beam and its at head level and the tailgate is raised behind me.
>duck and narrowly avoid decapitation

nothing has scared me as much as almost dying in the back of a trash filled trailer. pic related
>>
File: 1446933951521.jpg (271 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446933951521.jpg
271 KB, 1280x720
>>24981371
I've had so many I can almost see them coming and avoid them now. Too name a few.
>Been hit by a bus at a young age which gave me ptsd
>Almost robbed at knifepoint multiple times
>Almost been run up on by a gang of presumably armed guys while on a bus
>Avoided getting a bottle smashed in my head whilst in a rowdy crowd
>Almost got stabbed by another group of guys in the same rowdy crowd

The most recent happened this summer at 1.30am when I was in an abandoned car park in an unfamiliar area. Two seemingly local guys approached me and asked if I had the time.I instantly noticed that one guy had something kind of baton length wrapped in a black material. From experience I knew that asking for time was a trap usually used by robbers to see what kind of phone or watch you have. I calmly told them my phone was out of charge and they replied with "ours too". They started to walk on then stopped and came back and asked if I was a local (Heck no bitch I only came here for a music festival and got lost). From his mannerism and the way he said it I knew if I'd answered no I'd probably end up get beaten and robbed or worse. I told him I was a local (with a local accent which came so naturally out my mouth it shocked me) and he asked me for directions to a place where they could get food. I got the feeling it was a test but luckily I had wandered past a burger van earlier and told them where it was and they left.

Worst thing is I'm only turning 19 this December so have years of things left to experience.
>>
>>24981898
You're either a black+hispanic mix guy who dresses half naked and wears dildo helmets, or you're a super paranoid/ delusional faggot
>>
>>24981976
Nah I'm Black but I don't involve myself in gang activity. Literally just happens because I have to go through shitty areas to visit family.
>>
>>24981898
It's never a good sign when someone is approaching you at 1:30 am.
You should get a CC provided that you don't live in a keked country
>>
>>24981898
Where the fuck do you live senpai
>>
>>24982025
>Nah I'm Black
Oh that explains it more practically :\
Leave those shitholes for good, never return, even for family
>>
File: 1450097250661.jpg (87 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1450097250661.jpg
87 KB, 592x592
>>24981898
>From experience I knew that asking for time was a trap usually used by robbers to see what kind of phone or watch you have

Deent, theyd'a got my ass.
You a smart movfucka man. I need to make note of that one. I'm too hospitable when the moment doesn't call for it.
>>
>>24982045
>>24982091
I live in the UK.
>>24982119
The most recent one happened in Essex while I was trying to get a taxi to the station. I was shit scared that I was gonna end up on the news the next day as one of those guys found dead in an abandoned car park.
>>
>>24981371
Hooked up with some chick in a bar in Phnom Penh, turned out she was the gf of the son of local local government minister. Guy saw uus making out, one of his bodyguards pushed the bar security outside and this kid drew a gun n me. Honestly thought I was going to die,, the government kids therecan get away with anything they want. Only country I've been to where being white doesn't make you impervious to harm.
>>
A few years ago I went yachting with my family. Me and a few cousins took this paddle boat out like 5 miles from the yacht. A huge storm came almost out of nowhere and we had to swim for the yatch in the middle of huge waves. I almost drowned.
>>
>I got thrown off a sailboat by a rope that wrapped around my neck when I was little.
>I almost got swept away when I was at the beach when I was little.
>I've had people pull a knife on me in high school
>I was run over and dragged by a car while riding my bike on the sidewalk when I was in high school
>I was hit by a car going over 35mph while crossing a street at an intersection when I was supposed to be crossing.
I think there are others, but that's all I can remember right now.
Also, not sure if it counts, but I was terrified of heights as a kid, and would sometimes be made to go in some rather precarious high up places. Such as a rusting rickety fire tower on top of a mountain.
>>
>young child, maybe 5 years old
>in pool
>not a very proficient swimmer
>toy trapped at bottom
>swim down to get it
>panic, don't even attempt to think logically
>can't get up
>losing consciousness
>older girl at the pool grabs me and pulls me to shallow water
>mom laughs at me despite the fact that I almost died, tells me I over exaggerated
>>
>Middle school
>"Ms.Anonette, can I go to the bathroom?"
>"be quick, anon"
>go to bathroom
>pee
>about to walk out
>hear fire alarm
>"fuck"
>hear gun shots
>ohfuck.JPG
>run back to the bathroom stall and wait it out
Turns out the shooter was in my class, that's what really spooked me
>>
>be a heroin addict
>quit for a month because reasons
>decide to do heroin again
>snort two bags

then i black out 10 minutes later and wake up in the back of an amberlamps. i apparently stopped breathing and they had to give me narcan.

my experience? it was just black nothingness. that's it.
>>
>be like 5-7 years old
>playing with a ball and a lot of family/friends in the water
>pretty deep water, where we're playing and i'm very short.
>already struggling to stay afloat, but keep playing cause stupid and it was going okay.
>suddenly get a mouthful of salt water
>tasted so horrid it kinda stunned me, and i forget to stay up.
>go down, get another gulp of disgusting water.
>keeps happening over and over, i'm doing my best to try and stay up, really exhausted at this point, panicking like crazy, crying, thinking i'm going to die
>one of my my family's friends who were also there with us, picks me up and carries me in.
>could literally feel like half (Or atleast a 4th) of my stomach was filled with saltwater.
>>
>NoSleep for 2 days
>taking a bath
>fall asleep
>pitch black
>faint light
>Get revived by my Pop

Fuck me, man this shit had me not taking a bath for weeks
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.