[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all the chronically attention seeking tumblr whores claiming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
>all the chronically attention seeking tumblr whores claiming to be mentally ill
>completely devaluing mental illness for people who actually have it

I'm actually mad. How the FUCK can you claim to be anxious, yet you've been in a relationship or are currently in one? Is nothing left sacred?
>>
File: 6756.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
6756.png
94 KB, 396x385
>Oh my god, I have to present my project to the class this Friday and I'm so anxious. I think I might have social anxiety :(

Keep pushing it, normies. See what happens.
>>
>>24971869
It makes me legitimately upset. I was in an IOP group when I was 19, and fucking every person in there was totally normal. They had relationships, the guys would flirt with the girls after group, some of the guys would smoke weed in the parking lot. What the fuck, I can't even be a friendless loser without them invading my space that's designated for friendless losers.
>>
>never been in relationship
>last friend abandoned me 6 years ago
>sexually abused as a child
>high school and college dropout
>drug addict, alcoholic
>bodily organs failing
>absolutely no human contact
>too anxious to work
>starting to hear voices
>people still have the nerve to tell me to just "get over it"
My mental illness is literally killing me and I feel too powerless to do anything. All shrinks do is give me an ssri and tell me to fuck off.
>>
>>24971944
Go to AA. They're gonna tell you that you have to give up intoxicating substances for life, and they're almost always right. If you continue to fuck up and can't stop, you're never going to be able to use or drink casually.
>>
>>24971991
It's already too late for me. I know this shit is terrible for me already. I just don't know how to stop. There's really nothing more personally liberating for me than cracking open a new bottle. I miss the days when my lungs weren't covered in tar, my stomach wasn't in pain, and I wasn't a confused stumbling retard. But there's really nothing else for me anymore.
>>
>>24972051
It's never too late. If you're determined to destroy yourself, then do it. You have to find out how shitty things can get before you never want to do it again.
>>
>>24972121
Pretty sure no amount of anything will get me over my bitterness and resentment of the world.
>>
>>24972202
I'm still just as angry and miserable. I only stopped because I didn't want to go to jail. Since I had to stay stopped for a year to get my charges expunged, I just stayed clean after the year was over because I was used to it. You might need to face some jailtime before you want to quit. Or you might die first, some people never make it. Actually, the outlook is pretty bleak for people with addictions. Very high relapse rates, like more than 80%.
>>
>>24971828
>>24971869
>>24971926
This, basically. Not to turn this into a contest, and I have never been anxious or had any mental conditions at all, but I am 27 and I still have difficulty speaking clearly enough for cashiers not to ask me to repeat. Or, I just today had a clerk tell me, if I paid with a card I might have had nothing on, if it would be a problem to cancel the transaction, because I've never been in this situation.
>>
>>24971828
I'm experiencing something similar.
>have ADHD-PI most of my life
>only realized it when I was 29 a few months ago
>all the symptoms fit me perfectly, forgetting things as a kid, impulsively blurting out stupid shit in conversations, teachers complaining about me not seeming to listen when they speak to me, only interested in reading fact books with short snippets of information instead of long story books, when I try to force myself to read or concentrate on something my mind starts to skip involuntarily and I have to "timeout" before starting again
>literally explains why I am different to everyone else and such a weirdo and in significant part my failure at life
>too NEET and useless to go to a doctor
>try to talk about it over the internet
>everyone accuses me of faking it
>people say I'm making excuses, though no one would want to live like I do and I have been blaming myself for years
>find out soccer moms in the US have been getting their kids falsely diagnosed with ADHD as an excuse to drug their children so they don't have to bother parenting them properly
>this is why everyone is so skeptical
hmm
>>
>>24971944
>>24972527

>Boo hoo poor me

Kill yourselves
>>
>>24971828
All the girls in my life approached me. I still have no idea what to ever talk about. I feel good and loose when I take my Klonopin for sleep but I'd never want to be hooked to them just to function. I keep telling myself my professional life will be enough. Will it, /r9k/?
>>
File: social_anxiety_shirt.jpg (47 KB, 542x671) Image search: [Google]
social_anxiety_shirt.jpg
47 KB, 542x671
'everyone feels that way' is my trigger phrase
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.