[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Saitama, the protagonist, is an incredibly powerful hero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1439426216831.png (786 KB, 857x746) Image search: [Google]
1439426216831.png
786 KB, 857x746
>Saitama, the protagonist, is an incredibly powerful hero who easily defeats the monsters or other villains with a single punch. However, due to his overwhelming strength, Saitama has become bored with his powers and is constantly trying to find stronger opponents who can fight him.

>Despite defeating many strong monsters that even the Heroes Association's top members are unable to defeat, Saitama struggles to gain respect. Most people look down on him due to his plain physical appearance, and some accuse him of being a counterfeit hero.

So is this latest meme anime only popular because lanky nerds identify with him?

I haven't watched a single episode, but it sounds gay and boring.

Last seasons meme was better.
>>
wtf THAT'S what one punch man is about?

seems like a bit of a rip-off of teppu if i'm being honest with u famiglia

>The plot revolves around Natsuo Ishido, a freshman in high school. She has a natural talent for everything she does, and as a result becomes bored with doing anything. She is often praised (and occasionally hated) for her incredible talent, but in reality she feels lonely, so she is often looking for more and more things to occupy her time. As she fails to find anything that is sufficiently challenging, her loneliness and boredom reach a bottomed-out state.
>One day, after a volleyball practice, she meets Yuzuko Mawatari advertising for the mixed martial arts club, and although at the time she is uninterested, the idea stays with her for the rest of the day. She learns that Yuzuko and one other girl are the sole members of the club, and as such isn't an official club yet, so she decides to investigate. She meets the two members and challenges Yuzuko to a spar, in which the two of them exchange glancing blows. When Sanae Sawamura, the captain of the karate team, shows up, Natsuo decides to leave. After she has left, she realises her nose and lip are bleeding, and she resolves that she hates Yuzuko, and later returns to challenge her to another spar. She loses the spar, but gains a solid interest in MMA to the point where she quits the volleyball team.
>>
>>24951534
>>24951589
why would I want to watch something where the protagonist is good at everything?

how is that interesting at all? these are pissing me off just reading them

>b-but their flaw is their frustration and boredom at being the best

fuck
OFF
>>
>>24951686
I thought the protagonist was only supposed to be good at punching people, not everything.
>>
>>24951787
but he can never lose to anyone or anything because he can just punch them

I know it's a comedy but jesus christ that is boring

you know the punchline every time

they're gonna hype up some super dramatic intense fight against an unstoppable villain and then he's just gonna punch them and win
>>
>OPM
>lates meme anime
fuck off, still better than any harem or moeshit
>>
>>24951876
Just because you like it doesn't mean it's not the flavor of the month.
>>
>>24951852
If you watch it, you quickly realize its a show about everyone except Saitama. Give it a try, you might be surprised.
>>
>>24951901
saying that OPM is the latest meme anime because of anime only newfaggots it's the same as saying the exact thing about jojo
I know the newer fans are obnoxious, but OPM has been around before the annoying people came by
>>
>>24951932
meant to quote >>24951930
original comment/comment original
>>
>>24951534
It's just usually some series get huge boost when anime comes out. OPM manga was already somewhat popular, since it's creators are some already popular shitty japanese webcomic creator and Murata Yuusuke, mangaka of Eyeshield 21.
>>
>>24951589
One punch has nothing to do with teppu.
It's kinda silly and light hearted, not a drama hidden under MMA.
>>
File: 1401079538513.jpg (143 KB, 590x648) Image search: [Google]
1401079538513.jpg
143 KB, 590x648
>>24951978
>shitty japanese webcomic creator
>>
>>24952255
His art is shit desu senpai, but it fits to his humor. And he's getting better really fast, seen in Mob Psycho 100.
>>
>>24951534

Like pretty much any other braindead hollywood action or battle shonen you know very well how it's going to end, so in that sense there's not really any point watching it at all. But one often still do, right? Because it's still fun to watch if it's well executed, some times it's like a ballet of well coordinated violence, other times it may be funny as hell etc, and I think OPM delivers in that sense, it's very entertaining to watch.
>>
>>24951930
>Give it a try, you might be surprised.
No, today the correct way is to make a summary judgment based on the show's premise and cover art, and then criticize it without ever watching it.
>>
>>24952852

Must be tired, coz I laughed way too much at that.
>>
>>24952852
>just give it a chance
i watched the first episode
>it takes a while to get good!
i watched six episodes
>you're getting to the good part, it's a slow start!
i watched 12 episodes
>it's coming!
i watched the whole thing
>why'd you watch the whole thing if you hated it retard?
>>
File: jojo pepe.png (182 KB, 300x429) Image search: [Google]
jojo pepe.png
182 KB, 300x429
>one tap homo
Nah, I'm good.
>>
>>24952909
Well yeah, but there really are a lot of people who barely watch any anime and sit around complaining that there's only 1 or 2 good shows a year.
>>
>still watching anime
>>
File: HAMSTER.gif (2 MB, 380x238) Image search: [Google]
HAMSTER.gif
2 MB, 380x238
>>24951534
>hamster fuck
desu i cant even look at images of this shit anime without imagining her in a thick soaked diaper and begging oniichan for a change tbqh famolam
one penis man is good tho, not for everyone but I enjoyed it a bit
>>
>>24951534
did she wet herself?
>>
It's just another fucking meme anime that only edgy teens like
>>
It's a comedy man and a good one at that, better than that hamster shit
>>
>>24951534
that's a lot of lemonade for one person to drink
>>
>>24953411
There's nothing edgy about OPM. It's a comedy.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.