[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All these distortions, however, ignore the most fundamental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1449953071127.jpg (8 KB, 236x157) Image search: [Google]
1449953071127.jpg
8 KB, 236x157
>All these distortions, however, ignore the most fundamental distinction of all: the eccentric is strange because he cares too little about society, the weirdo because he cares too much. The eccentric generally wants nothing more than his own attic-like space in which he can live by his own peculiar lights. The weirdo, however, resents his outcast status and constantly seeks to get back into society, or at least get back at it.

>A society needs the eccentric as much as it needs a decorated frame for the portrait it fashions of itself; it needs the weirdo as much as it needs a hole punched through the middle of the canvas.

you guys are all weirdos
>>
>tfw no money
>tfw don't have a bed
>tfw rent what is essentially a storage locker
>tfw put down a sleeping mat between my piles of drums, canvasses, borrowed synthesizers, and collage materials
>tfw once I had a seizure because oil paint fumes in enclosed space
>tfw bring girls back to my place
>they love it and are happy to fuck on the floor
>tfw i'm a loveable eccentric

feels p good
>>
>>24940972
Well tipped, m'sir.
>>
I loved that show
>>
>>24940972
All Weirdos started off as eccentrics. If society doesn't demand from eccentrics that they need to care they'll never make the transition.
>>
>>24940972

Eccentricity beats weirdodom by miles. Only after embracing the 'eccentric' mode of being did I finally start having happiness and personal (not social) success and satisfaction

>>24941059
And, as this anon says, if you work hard enough at it you can get some definite perks.
>>
>realize that seeking validity from others is a pointless endeavor if you don't value yourself
>try to become an eccentric
>look for hobbies that I can devote myself to fully
>finally find something I can indulge in
>try to build up my experience to a point where I can be secure in myself and enjoy it
>go outside and attempt to ignore social pressure
>hear groups of friends laughing among themselves nearby
>instant soul crushing depression

My reaction is innate and automatic. I want off this ride.
>>
>>24941362
Weirdo who fancies himself an eccentric detected
>>
>>24940972
>giving a shit about what society needs
>>
File: 1438239618980.png (172 KB, 641x356) Image search: [Google]
1438239618980.png
172 KB, 641x356
>The difference between the eccentric and the weirdo is, in its way, the difference between a man with a teddy bear in his hand and a man with a gun. We are also, of course, besieged by other kinds of deviants -- crackpots, oddballs, fanatics, quacks and cranks. But the weirdo and the eccentric define between them that invisible line at which strangeness acquires an edge and oddness becomes menace.
>>
File: tumblr_l9qalnY8qE1qbj7xno1_500.jpg (46 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l9qalnY8qE1qbj7xno1_500.jpg
46 KB, 500x281
>>24941603
You can't deny the truth!
>>
File: hyacinth-bucket-pearls.jpg (158 KB, 1000x741) Image search: [Google]
hyacinth-bucket-pearls.jpg
158 KB, 1000x741
>>24940972
Richard dear, I do wish you wouldn't post on these boards, if anyone saw you on here they would think you're some sort of killer. Just imagine how poorly that would reflect on me and the discussions at my next candlelight supper.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.