[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Why do you always stay up so late anon? Why do I stay up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: night-walk-park-hd-wallpaper.jpg (499 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
night-walk-park-hd-wallpaper.jpg
499 KB, 2560x1600
> Why do you always stay up so late anon?

Why do I stay up late?

It's peaceful. Quite.

No one bothers me, no text's or phone calls.

At night, time stands still, until you realize that it's time to go to bed.

So anon. Tell me why you are up so late.
>>
Well, it started off as a thing I did with my brother. We snuck into each other's rooms after bed time and woke each other up. We played video games until late into the morning when we'd sneak back into our rooms. It was like a special time, free of adults.

I guess it grew on me. Much later, when I worked from home, I found myself almost always working late at night. It's easier to get work done without other people making noise or trying to contact me. It's like the social engine is off, and I can focus on my own little island of me.

I used to be terrified of the dark as kid. Now I'm afraid of the sun.
>>
File: 1448485388756.png (18 KB, 424x426) Image search: [Google]
1448485388756.png
18 KB, 424x426
Because I'm extremely depressed and lost the ability to sleep until I pass out. I feel tired enough to pass out right now but I can't fall asleep even still. My eyes are so heavy and my mind is so dizzy that it hurts to be alive.
>>
I don't know. No matter how tired I am, I start feeling alert and awake at around 8 p.m. and can't fall asleep until 4.
>>
I stay up so late because i have anxiety so bad I can't sleep till I'm exhausted. My blood pressure gets so high at night that it makes my ears ring. I checked it one night and it was 185 / 97. Really sucks because even tho I have a job on the days I'm off I sleep till around 11 and ppl act like I'm a bum because I sleep so late
>>
>>24876833
Don't know, I'm filled with energy the night.
And the day, I'm just a lazy slub
>>
Are there any European cities that would allow one to live only at night? Walking outside, buying things, etc. included, not just staying in a room and being unable to go anywhere because it's "weird" and "creepy" and hassled by cops and shit.

So... something with not only a night life in clubs and shit, but actual night street life?
>>
>>24877426
big citys probably
>>
>>24876833
it is as you say. the world is frozen in night. it is tranquil.

good time to smoke weed too hehehe blaze it though
>>
I've always been a night owl. So now my children tend to be. My 3yo is a stellar sleeper, so she goes down at 9, but my baby likes to party all night. Right now she's struggling because she wants to walk and drawn and can't quite do it, so she's wearing herself out. Then she'll sleep in in the AM until almost noon. I know I should wake her up, but that's the only time I can actually get housework and actual work ( I work from home) done, so even though I know it perpetuates this vicious cycle, I let her sleep in. I'll have another glass of Brandy, make her another bottle, and hopefully we'll be in bed within the hour.
INB4 normie scum. I've been here longer than you and I'm not leaving. So cry more.
>>
>>24877426
Don't know, but I do my groceries just when the shops open at 8am.
And nobody ever bothered me during the night
>>
I just had two hockey games back to back, it's 1:11am now, wife is asleep. I'll wait for my body to relax a bit then go cuddle in so I won't toss/turn so much
>>
File: 0fa.jpg (21 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
0fa.jpg
21 KB, 680x510
>tfw I love night walks but I can't take them because I'm a tall black man
>>
>>24877426
Berlin is really nice at night, everything's open and the subways are free, crazy immigrants are playing experimental electronic music, there are drum circles with hot girls making out. It's my favorite night city.
>>
>>24877510
Isn't it really expensive though? I wish I could just go to a big city like that but I'm poor as fuck. How much do you need to live there? Do you think that anything in Eastern Europe is like that too? Probably not. :(
>>
>>24876833
fuck that post more of pic related
>>
File: endit.jpg (73 KB, 525x386) Image search: [Google]
endit.jpg
73 KB, 525x386
>>24876918
This is my life.

>tfw it's 4:00am and you can't decide whether or not to go to sleep and wake up at 2pm or try and stay up and make it to morning coffee
>>
I just finished night shift.

When I was NEET I stayed up all night so I could be left alone because my family was sleeping. I remember watching Netflix and turning it off quickly because I heard my mom wake up at 7:30 am.

I would wake up just as dinner was ready. It was fucked up lol.

My mom started bitching about how she had been up since 6 am doing things around the house. I always felt like called her out on it.
>>
>>24876881
D-did you ever touch each other during special time? Pls be yes ...
>>
20 mg of melatonin, 450 mg of magnesium, and 2 hours of laying in pitch blackness brings me back here. What the fuck will it take bros?
>>
File: feeling them boobies heheheheh.png (60 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
feeling them boobies heheheheh.png
60 KB, 500x461
>>24876918
Well said, anon.
Who else /awake/ here?
>>
File: 1439269037952.jpg (869 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439269037952.jpg
869 KB, 1920x1080
>>24876833
Exactly this. 28, but I've been staying up late my entire life. When I was younger, it was so I could be completely alone, and watch Gundam Wing (and later other animus) on adult swim. Now, its more for the reasons op listed.

>At night, time stands still
Poetic and true, I've always felt this way. So even though I listed logical reasons for staying up late, when the sun came up all the magic is suddenly gone, even if no one else in the house was going to wake up for hours yet. I knew the magic was over when the sun came up, it always depressed me and I try to avoid seeing it.
>>
>>24876833
Well its a very uncomfortable feeling to go lie in bed if I'm not tired enough to fall asleep right away, so I just stay up until I'm tired enough that I need to go to bed. But the problem is though I'm not tired enough to fall asleep, too tired to do anything except fap, shitpost, and watch TV, but this isn't tiring, so what happens is my sleep cycle gets pushed later and later until I'm nocturnal. Sometimes it corrects itself if I happen to wake earlier than 7 hours then get tired earlier next day, but it just keeps going later.

I'm too old to do that thing where you stay up all day and go to sleep early next day, I will literally just fall into a nap no matter what.
>>
I'm kept awake by thinking about all the reasons I should off myself.
>>
I don't let myself get good sleep, no idea why.
>>
because I'm a NEET and I wake up at midnight and go to sleep around 2-4pm
>>
>>24878312
i'm the same desu senpai
>>
>>24878153
This is pretty much my life. My parents now say "see you later" instead of goodnight.

They're pretty disappointed. They don't understand the neetlife.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.