[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sober for 31 days >depressed as fuck >bored to death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (575 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
575 KB, 2048x1536
>sober for 31 days
>depressed as fuck
>bored to death
>suicidal urges back
>no desire to do anything but eat, sleep, do my school work, go to my shitty part time job, sometimes play guitar and sing, and occasionally work out at the gym
>cigarette in the morning is the highlight of my day

I want to drink again or at least smoke weed but I know that will only makes things worse in the end.

Anyone else trying to be sober? How's it going?
>>
>>24870805
>no desire to do anything but eat, sleep, do my school work, go to my shitty part time job, sometimes play guitar and sing, and occasionally work out at the gym
oh wow you have no desire to do anything other than live a complete life?
man that is just so sad and terrible
>>
>smoking 2 cigarettes a day for the past year
>in the last 2 weeks had random incidents of trouble breathing
>not sure if panic attacks or a lung collapsed
>cant sleep because im suffocating
>Cant get enough air in my lungs
>quit smoking cigarettes 3 days ago
>already feel better
>want to kill myself every waking minute because smoking cigarettes on my night walk was literally the only thing I enjoyed each day
>>
>>24870909

lol fuck off dude, I have no friends or girlfriend and can barely do those things as it is, my job is shitty as fuck and I don't have anyone to talk to there, don't talk to anyone at school, and do the same thing every day. That's not a complete life.
>>
idk man
>stall buying weed for a week
>sleep pissed off
>wake up too early, pissed off
>every day is eternal
>pissed off every day
>it's just been three days and it feels like it's been a month
>wanna die every so often
>tell my self I'm a huge fucking loser every day
>hate myself
>get slightly drunk sometimes to endure life
>still not doin it
>buy weed eventually
>smoke a joint
>world is beautiful again
>motivation comes pouring in again, like my spirit is getting repaired by an invisible force of good
>life is beautiful again
I aint cutting down on the weed again until I get my shit fixed. Not smoking weed is not productive, I'll get a crippling depression again and just be too pissed off to do anything good. If you can't stand life sober, work on improving your life while drunk or high until your life is good enough to enjoy normally.
>>
>>24870989
living a fulfilling life is not a uniform list of requirements that's pre-ordained by society, it is something you need to look inside and find for yourself
you don't need to strive for being a 9-5 working man with a wife and kids, if that's not what you're going to enjoy, take a different path
>>
>>24870805
>>no desire to do anything but eat, sleep, do my school work, go to my shitty part time job, sometimes play guitar and sing, and occasionally work out at the gym
lol normies
>>
>>24871138

I don't know what I want. But I've never been happy or felt fulfilled. That's why I took to drugs in the first place and they did make me feel good for a while.
>>
>>24871165

What the fuck do you do if you think I'm a normie?
>>
>>24870805
im on the same boat but im getting drunk again at nights now, the depression was too much
>>
>>24871095
This is the best solution tbhfam.

Sometimes depending on an unhealthy crutch is better than falling face down, when you're ready to stand on you're own you can quit then.

It seems I naturally smoke weed when I hit low points in my life, and when life gets better I naturally slow down and eventually stop smoking all together. It's not even a conscious thing like "I should quit now," it just kind of happens.
>>
>>24870984
>smokes 2 cigarettes a day
>2 cigarettes a day
wew boy
>>
>>24871095

Idk man, with some people alcohol is truly all or nothing. You can't just drink a little of it or have a good life when you're drinking.
>>
>>24870984
That's like saying you drank one beer a day and you think your liver is failing

Literally lmaoing at your life
>>
File: 1446512563201.gif (150 KB, 245x320) Image search: [Google]
1446512563201.gif
150 KB, 245x320
>>24871222
if drugs are the only thing that make you happy
become a junkie, or learn chemistry and make them
your activities don't have to be legal or ethical for you to be able to find fulfillment from them
>>
File: Z_953.jpg (81 KB, 679x569) Image search: [Google]
Z_953.jpg
81 KB, 679x569
>>24871459
>>24871459

You dont understand my friends
I literally could not breathe fully
I had to leave the quite area of the library while reading, one day because I was breathing so fast trying to get a good breath

Its weird because I do run 4 miles 3 days a week and it doesnt bother me there, but my lungs just randomly work bad some times
>>
>not smoking e-cigs

if you're going to kek yourself with nicotine at least don't kek your lungs too
>>
>>24870805
been sober 3 weeks. i've traded my alcohol addiction for full sugar soda. it might actually be unhealthier.
>>
>>24871471

I don't know many addicts who actually lead fulfilling lives. And when you have to stop eventually the withdrawal for most drugs suck dick.
>>
>>24871095
>until your life is good enough to enjoy normally.

Kek. It'll never be this good.
>>
>>24871616

Nothing is more unhealthy than drinking large quantities of booze a day. Soda is bad but it's not nearly that bad.
>>
I'm 14 months sober. Coffee, the gym and cigs are your best friends. Give it a year.
>>
>>24871249
I used to workout but then I quit, I used to work but then I quit, I used to go to school but then I quit, now I shitpost and dream of all the different ways to die.
>>
>>24871693

When or how did you get over the depression and boredom?
>>
>>24871457
Drinking is too harmful. I'd rather be high all the time and drink occasionally. If that doesn't cut it, it may not be worth it, but I think it's better than just hating life.
>>
I'm sober one month of weed, cigs and alcohol. I'm w/ suicidal tendencies than never, feeling deep depression. Fucking tonsilitis.
>>
>>24871707
each one a little more than you could dare to try?
>>
>>24871649
Who knows man, one day a miracle may happen and your dreams will be true. Just gotta make the best effort you can until then.
>>
>>24870805
hey senpai!!!

/narcotics anonymous life/ IT GETS BETTER I PROMISE OMG.

i could not be more excited about this post. make some friends in recovery, there are people in those rooms who will love you if you let them. what area are you in? im in southern USA

make some friends, build a network, and make them people you actually like. my life WAS drugs, I liked nothing else. today, im WAY happier than i ever was during active addiction. its crazy, i NEVER thought it would happen, i was such a skeptic, i thought it was all bullshit

but idk. it fucking works. i have a lot of friends in recovery, cool homegroup, cool sponsor, im pretty slack on steps but hey i do what i want. i stay clean thats what matters.

so how are you? congrats on 30 days, thats awesome. keep coming back senpai
>>
>>24871722
I didn't, it just got less severe. Honestly, I'm jus tin much better shape now.

>a year of work and diet, and self-control
>have abs now

Pretty meh if I'm being earnest. Posting here and making sobriety threads on /fit/ helped me through teh first months.

Do you have a job? All I do now is lift, work, shitpost and read the news.
>>
File: 1435799120978.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1435799120978.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>24870984
>2 cigarettes a day
>welcome to the danger zone
>>
>>24871735

Don't you eventually get bored and depressed when you smoke every day? Burn out, ya know? Most people I know do unless they have a super exciting life.
>>
File: 1411421604587.jpg (93 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1411421604587.jpg
93 KB, 500x375
>Anyone else trying to be sober? How's it going?
Sober all the time not by choice. I've never had a girlfriend, literally no social life at all for over a year. Work consumes all of my time. I have a long commute. When I get home I am too exhausted to even play a game, and before I know it, the 3 hours of free time I have before I need to sleep has passed. I go days in a row without a single enjoyable moment. By Friday I feel like I'm losing it, I feel like a total zombie. The only time I feel good is on the weekend, when I'm able to sleep in.

I've been doing this for a long time and I feel like my ability to have fun is disappearing, like that part of my brain is dying. And I'm becoming cold and snappy toward people. Never having any sort of release is horrible for you.

So I am packing all of my things and moving to a legalized state. I never cared for alcohol (can't stand the hangovers and sloppy thinking.) I'm going to try to find a less stressful job, in a less hectic area. And maybe make some friends. It might be a horrible idea but I need to do something for myself. I'm watching my twenties go by, they are going to be over soon, they're never coming back.

This board is full of neets who actually need to do some work but the other extreme is just as bad.
>>
>>24871637
im a clean addict and i live a VERY fulfilling life, beyond my wildest dreams. and so does most everyone im close with in recovery. if you stay clean long enough it kinda works out.
>>
is it me or does cigarette smoke just smell like wet garbage
>>
>>24870805
>>no desire to do anything but eat, sleep, do my school work, go to my shitty part time job, sometimes play guitar and sing, and occasionally work out at the gym

>tfw no desire to do anything but sleep or die
the worst is yet to come, my son
>>
File: 1426108718597.png (803 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
1426108718597.png
803 KB, 1100x700
>>24871871
> I go days in a row without a single enjoyable moment. By Friday I feel like I'm losing it, I feel like a total zombie. The only time I feel good is on the weekend, when I'm able to sleep in.

thank you
>>
>>24872018

Uh there's a reason most places ban smoking. Non smokers tend to hate it with a passion.
>>
>>24871867
People who smoke erryday are usually bored and depressed anyway. Smoking eliminates boredom and depression up to the point where you can't afford enough weed to keep you actually high anymore, but that usually doesn't happen unless you're smoking concentrates daily. Even people who use an ounce a week can still get high, just not as much.
Basically smoking becomes their new "boredom" activity and they do it whenever they have nothing else to do and of course smoking is going to eliminate their depression momentarily. Being a burn out is more of a state of mind in combination with a mode of life.
>>
>>24872093
a little about me
>non-smoker (ugghh smokers are disgusting)
>health conscious (I run 3 times a week, and eat only organic foods)
>tolerant and liberal
>I hit up a couple clubs every week with the girls
>social drinker
>sexually open
I want to have a few kids when I meet the right guy
>>
>>24872224
>>24872093
>tfw smoking around normies and they cough and give you a mean look
Feels good
>>
>been using weed to cope with being a musician at a STEM uni
>only want to pursue music full-time, know I generate opportunities like crazy, while holding odd jobs and working crazy hours, ending nights with inebriation and NEET-joy
>in my fourth year, "nearing" degree, trying to just stick with it while literally tracking two separate studio albums
>Downing myself in Weed and alcohol since May every day
>Told myself I should stop if I don't want to fail two classes, I'll stop when I run out
>Literally buy pot and vape it, store the ABV to ludicrous amounts, pack a bowl, get higher than you can imagine
>Eventually get tired of going outside to my car to smoke bowls, buy more pot, cycle repeats

I can't lie I'm having tons of fun doing this week after week
If anything happens to my hands or voice or guitar tho I'm FUCKED
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 768x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 768x620
>>24870805
For about 5 days. Then I had a beer. Then several beers. I just bought a bottle of whiskey and will smoke weed later.

Don't slip up, anon. It's easy to fall.
>>
you just want people to feel bad for you

go get some real problems and get your attitude adjusted cause you've got it pretty well, bud

get over yourself
>>
I spent 6 months of this past year in court mandated rehab and it was pretty miserable. Just got out Friday.
>>
>>24872903

Go fuck yourself man. fuck I hate people like you.
>>
yea im in the same boat OP, been sober for about 3 weeks and my suicidal thoughts coming back. It gets better at the month mark tho your serotonin is just getting back to normal trust me.
I trip about once a week on acid tho so my lifes alrite
>>
yea i quit opiates recently, aswell as tobacco because whenever I stop taking opiate I don't feel like smoking much. it's not too bad because i hadn't been taking them consecutively for long, so only like a week of feeling like crap. but nothing in comparison to first time i quit

you sound depressed.. it will pass with time. just watch some movies or something
>>
>>24871423
>>24871459
>>24871824
Just one is enough to kill you lads
>>
>>24873682
Car exhaust is more likely to give you lung cancer
>>
File: 1440632130636.png (73 KB, 230x285) Image search: [Google]
1440632130636.png
73 KB, 230x285
>don't drink for 2 weeks
>get the urge
>get fucked up

feels good man. Fuck being sober
>>
>>24873718
Your posts are giving everyone cancer m8
>>
>>24873718
not lung cancer, tar blocks your longs permanantly so you cant absorb oxygen
>>
>>24870805
Switch to mouth fedora senpai, it's great.
>>
>>24870805

I smoke pot everyday, why because it makes boring shit fun. I do dishes high. I do chores high. A blunt a day keeps the doctor away
>>
>>24871867
Not really, I try to not overdo it as much as possible, though. Gotta have some self control.
>>
>>24870805
what a fucking normie

>wah i'm trying to quit my bad habits

just give up, there's no point.

recede into the NEETlife
>>
>>24870805
Oh look a normalshit who thinks he is one of us. Doing drugs is like popping your hymen, it makes you not a robot, you will never be one of us.
>>
>>24870805
>WAAHHH MY LIFE IS SOOOOOO HARD I CAN'T TAKE IT I NEED MY FRUGS
So is everyoone else's. I swear you potheads/alcoholics are the biggest fucking pussies
>>
>>24872859
i hope you lose everything you love
>>
File: 328972347892347.jpg (271 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
328972347892347.jpg
271 KB, 800x598
>>24870805
almost 5 years sober here families. shit gets better -- don't fuck up now you're almost through the hardest part.

might want to give aa a shot too. it seems fucking retarded at first but it actually works. you might hear something useful from another alkie/addict who's been where you are now and made it through.

take it sleazy breh.im
>>
File: 1421570469419.jpg (21 KB, 365x378) Image search: [Google]
1421570469419.jpg
21 KB, 365x378
>>24874811
>tfw you can get seizures from quitting alcohol too abruptly and my dad keeps cold turkeying it because meds are for pussies

false information like that can kill people.
>>
>"I have no desire to do anything but..."
>Lists half a dozen things
>Insults people that call him out
>Can't put his huge ego away
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>24873865
then get popcorn lung from the flavorings
and die anyway seems like a good tradeoff real safe alternative
>>
>>24873806

sick burn m8

not original kek
>>
>>24870805
It's okay niglet, over time you will feel better being sober. Just get supwr awesome at a videogame or chess for fun in the meantime.
>>
File: BECK_26_198.jpg (683 KB, 1400x940) Image search: [Google]
BECK_26_198.jpg
683 KB, 1400x940
>>24870805
Are you me, holy shit? Went on a 1 year MDMA binge and am finally dropping it now, weed and cigarettes still fuel me tho
>>
>>24877590

>half a dozen things

Well I guess half a dozen things makes for a full life compared to you faggots who only fap, shitpost, and eat tendies and chef boyardee all day long.

Jesus I forget how stupid some of you guys are sometimes.
>>
>>24870805
I started vaping recently, so now I finally understand how great it is to start your morning off with a smoke. There's not many things I enjoy in this life, so finding this simple pleasure is true Bliss.
>>
>>24878866
did you feel any effects? been doing mdma once a week for a while now?
>>
>>24880535
whoops didn't mean 2nd question mark
>>
File: 716.png (332 KB, 600x415) Image search: [Google]
716.png
332 KB, 600x415
>>24870805
Gonna get kicked out if I get drunk again
>>
>>24871514
you could just be asthmatic in which case yeah it's not a good idea to smoke.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.