[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw it's the end of the semester and after a streak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1430870838450.gif (38 KB, 753x708) Image search: [Google]
1430870838450.gif
38 KB, 753x708
>tfw it's the end of the semester and after a streak of good grades, piling up of end-of-year work is causing a resurgence of my apathy, nihilism, and incomplete assignments

I can't be the only one.

I thought this was really going to be the semester I got my shit together but I just flat out didn't do my term paper in philosophy and have yet to turn in a paper for lit that I got an extension on already. I'm starting to question just dropping out of college and finding work in some area that doesn't require too much schooling.
>>
>>24794085
>I'm starting to question just dropping out of college and finding work in some area that doesn't require too much schooling.

Fuck you. Do you know what I would give for the chance to get an education?
>>
I'm in nursing school. I have a huge test tomorrow, then two finals on Wednesday. I aint studied shit. On one hand I want to get into the honors society so I have to keep my grades up. On the other hand it's so much easier just to keep drinking and take my C. Nursing is hard, but even then I'm so much better than everyone I am top 25% without even trying and pull Cs without studying. I brown nose my ass off so the teachers all like me. We don't get many males in here either so there is pressure from administration to keep us around. It's not like I have to do advanced practice. With just a 2 year degree nurses make 70k. In the grand scheme of things how much more is 180k/yr? I would be able to retire a couple years less of working I guess, but it's also a couple years longer in school, and it really comes out to be the same after you factor in potential cost of years not working and cost of the masters degree.

Fuck it. I just want to get 500k saved up and then work per diem a couple days each month to cover any frivolous spending I want.Ambition is exhausting. What's the point of being so much smarter than everyone if you don't use it to just coast by on minimal effort?
>>
>>24794085
I started feeling empathy, then suddenly
>philosophy
>lit
get fucked, man. you are literally studying the easiest shit there is.
try STEM, med, or law, then you can whine.
>>
>>24794132
>Do you know what I would give for the chance to get an education?
are you disabled or something?
>>
>>24794132
an education in literature?
you are better off flipping burgers
>>
>>24794344
No, I am blocked from having that opportunity.

>>24794411
I never said literature (and I agree with you), just a college education.
>>
>>24794132
>chance to get an education
do they not have public schools where you come from, anon?
do they not have student loans where you come from, anon?
>>
File: 1449087056209.jpg (29 KB, 264x379) Image search: [Google]
1449087056209.jpg
29 KB, 264x379
>lowest grade is a b+
>i didn't go in last week
>>
>>24794343
they're electives, not related to my major.
>>
>>24794477
>No, I am blocked from having that opportunity.
are you in prison m8?
>>
>>24794626
no, but its a long fucking story
>>
File: 1371431544091.jpg (26 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1371431544091.jpg
26 KB, 251x201
>>24794647
Don't be a pussy, fag.
>>
the secret is:

>spend first 3/4 of the semester in severe anxiety
>struggle to do everything just perfect
>eat Adderrall like there is no tomorrow
>at this rate eventually there really will be no tomorrow
>classmates think you are James Holmes because you are a spergy raw nerve
>tell them you are not James Holmes because you are suicidal and not homicidal
>make A's in this way all semester
>spend last 1/4 of semester with god-like sense of accomplishment
>take it easy, shitpost on 4chan, love life because your shit is on point and infallible by now

it is a hard road to take, but you know you are doing it right when your teachers love you and classmates are afraid to talk to you. next semester I will have to find another way though because otherwise I might have an aneurysm.
>>
>>24794789
>tfw no addy in my country
wat do. caffeine is not doing its job anymore
>>
>>24794085
It happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was doing fine, then it all got to be so much and I broke.
Honestly I just want to die, but can't do that, and there's just nothing left.
>>
Nah it happened to me too, but it was sort of inbetween now and midterms (about a month and a week ago). I got one bad test grade and it completely discouraged me.
>>
File: 1411698497597.gif (383 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1411698497597.gif
383 KB, 264x264
>>24795001
> I got one bad test grade and it completely discouraged me.
My experience every semester.

they're kicking me out at the end of this one. I don't know what I'll do.
>>
>>24794945
smoking/vaping helps. diet pills will amp you the fuck up (as much as, if not more than, Adderrall), if those are legal where you live. also, if it it legal for you: Kratom is a god-tier study buddy when you figure out how to dose it properly, and it is not nearly as dangerous w/r/t blood pressure and whatnot. alternatively, if anxiety is a big block for you but you can't/don't want to take Xanax, Phennibut is good for chilling you out.

note that all of these are addictive, so use at your own risk.
>>
File: 1270154303697.jpg (20 KB, 471x480) Image search: [Google]
1270154303697.jpg
20 KB, 471x480
literally all I have to do is finish my thesis to graduate but it's proving to be nigh impossible for me, since I just can't motivate myself
>>
>>24795164
Go to an environment where you can't be distracted by the internet. Even places like a busy bar or coffee shop with your laptop is much better than your home. Go to your uni library if you can since you're always ten times more motivated to work when there are people working around you.
>>
>>24794085
>I'm starting to question just dropping out of college and finding work in some area that doesn't require too much schooling.

I hope you have an associates and some internships or a good social network. It is hard to find a decent paying job with just a high school diploma.

Change majors. If 4-year/uni isn't for you go to a 2-year or technical college.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.