[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do giant rats make good pets senpai?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_1214.jpg (748 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1214.jpg
748 KB, 2048x1536
Do giant rats make good pets senpai?
>>
>>24762029
Tie it to peg board and cut its dick off with scissors.
>>
>>24762063
this tbqh smdh familial
>>
It's not fun to clean up their cages, but they are affectionate pets. It would probably make more sense to invest in a few mice so they can socialize together. Multiple rats would require a larger environment, whereas you could fit a few mice to a single aquarium and they'll be content.

Just bear in mind that they're nocturnal. They'll sleep most of the day, and probably make enough noise to keep you up at night. Don't keep anything in the cage that the mice / rats can bang around, such as unmounted food dishes. If you keep an exercise wheel in there, make sure it's actually mounted to the side of the cage and can't be dragged around.
>>
>>24762128

Also, never mix mice / rats of the opposite sex. Males will literally fight to the death over mating rights to the female.

If you want to breed them for some reason, then have just one male present. Just bear in mind that the off-spring will need to be segregated by gender at some point, or they too will fight over mating rights.
>>
Not really I had a few that were annoying as fuck they would just run around my room. They hated being picked up
>>
>>24762063
Saw this on reddit the other day nice one good job
>>
>>24762063
>>24762077
if the first thing you think when you see a bird of paradise or something is "hurr torture it", you are not edgy, you're a sad cunt
>>
Rats are very sociable and have a lot of personality. They don't live long though, so I'd never get one.
>>
>>24762063
Do /b/tards actually find edgy shit funny or are they so concerned with trying to appear dark and edgy that they pretend to like edgy shit?
>>
>>24762285
They're vermin, they deserve to experience pain.
>>
File: image.jpg (761 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
761 KB, 3264x2448
>>24762275
I'm down to my last rat, I have to hang out with her all the time so she doesn't get depressed about her sister being gone
>>
>>24762259
>>24762285
>not seeing the webm

sup reddit
>>
>>24762357
s-so kawaii
>>
>>24762359
What webm why would I have seen this webm and why would I want to?
>>
>>24762357
Maybe you could adopt another older rat to keep her company?
>>
if you died your rat would eat your face
>>
>tfw no rat bro to hang out with at night
>>
File: ftlslug.png (76 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
ftlslug.png
76 KB, 400x460
>>24762128
>They'll sleep most of the day, and probably make enough noise to keep you up at night.

Most Robots are nocturnal though, so it's cool.

I had a hamster once a few years ago. One time I had to go on a plane trip, so I left it with my dad. He called me up complaining that every night it woke him up because it started running on its wheel in the middle of the night and sounded like "a 747 landing."

Anyways, my advice is make sure you get a good wheel. Metal ones have the advantage that they can be lubricated, but I read on some hamster forums that they're harsher on a rodent's feet, so I got a plastic one, but it was loud as fuck.
>>
>>24762523
why didn't he just remove the wheel, that fucking idiot
>>
If you're looking for a sociable rodent, get a guinea pig. They don't try to escape and they are diurnal as well.
Plus they sing to you at the end of their lives if you take good care of them. It's a beautiful thing.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.