[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a girlfriend once I also thought at 25 I wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1437095529568.jpg (190 KB, 442x650) Image search: [Google]
1437095529568.jpg
190 KB, 442x650
I had a girlfriend once

I also thought at 25 I wouldn't be right where I was at 18
>>
>>24756377
>I also thought at 25 I wouldn't be right where I was at 18

I think it's safe to say that you are not. No matter what might have happened in those 7 years, you changed, for better or worse. Now it's time to start thinking about getting out of that situation you're in, buddy.
>>
>>24756403
>Now it's time to start thinking about getting out of that situation you're in, buddy.
Yeah I already accumulated enough debt and shit realizing I'll kill myself soon enough anyway so why not that I'll either do it or go to prison shortly. So no need to worry about lack of change.
>>
>>24756423
You're making excuses now. I know this is going to set off your normie radar but just take a minute to reflect on this quote : suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Killing yourself is not the answer, the only thing it will get you is a quick fix to problems you might have worked out if you had kept on going.

IMHO, the biggest issue most people on here are struggling with is that they feel useless (or even worthless). That feeling can go away. Do something, whatever the fuck it is. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, donate blood once a month, join a support group for people who feel isolated. At first you're going to feel like most of them are idiots, but after a while you will start to understand that that is exactly what the normies think of you.

It gets better, I swear.
>>
>>24756520
I was feeling pretty good today but this post pissed me off desu
>>
>>24756551
Doesn't surprise me that it did. It's a fairly common reaction honestly. I just told you something you don't really want to hear, because the effort I mentioned still scares you (somehow you don't think your capable of doing it). That fear is paralyzing you (that's the main fucking issue of this entire board) and you need to get rid of it.

The first step is acknowledging it. And not in the way the people of /r9k/ do it, because at the end of the day, no matter what shit they say, they still feel superior to chads/normies on an intellectual level. You need to acknowledge the fact that something is fucking wrong with the way you live as well as the fact that everyone around you knows it. Get past the fucking shame and talk to someone. Preferably a psychologist.
>>
>>24756520
>suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem

For some people it's a permanent solution to a permanent problem.
>>
>>24756660
nice projecting anon. how's that amateur psychology degree going along? i'll give you some pointers

>feel useless
not
>feel worthless
not
>volunteer
fuck that
>donate blood
hate needles
>join a support group
lolololololol
>after a while you will start to understand that that is exactly what the normies think of you.
implying i give a fuck what anyone thinks of me. not everyone thinks the way you do anon
>the effort I mentioned still scares you
not wanting to do something is not the same as being afraid to do something
>you don't think your capable of doing it
true, but lack of motivation to do things I don't want to is not a mystery to me
>That fear is paralyzing you
not true. laziness is not fear
>something is fucking wrong with the way you live
implying things like "right" and "wrong" exist
>talk to someone. Preferably a psychologist.
ultimate kekoldry. let me just get a chemical lobotomy so I can FEEL HAPPY

looks like you still have some work to do
>>
>>24756689
That's just one more excuse in the legendary timeless book of excuses. No problem is permanent, not a single fucking one.

Got debt ?
>Pay it the fuck back or move to a country where they won't be able to get it back.
Got your heart broken ?
>Get that bitch off her pedestal and start finding one that will treat you better.
Can't find a girlfriend ?
>Try putting yourself under scrutiny so you even have a chance at finding out what is repelling them.
>You're sick ? Guess what mate, I caught Hepatitis C when I was 21. Sure, I'm afraid of it, but I'm fucking fighting it and with meds it will eventually go away.
>You're homeless ?
Put every single effort you still have left into finding a structure that will help you get back on your feet.

See ? Your problem is not real, the only real thing here is that you are making excuses because you're afraid of tackling the issues that are killing you.

I'll say it once again : if you're having trouble in life, if you're experiencing any suffering, man up and talk to a trained mental health professional. You are not a special snowflake, you are one more dude with a mental disorder (and by that I mean depression, anxiety, not fucking autism) he's not aware of.
>>
>>24756735
Those are ALL excuses, Anon. Please read >>24756771
>>
>>24756771
>Pay it the fuck back or move to a country where they won't be able to get it back.
with what money? I haven't worked a day since 2010
>Get that bitch off her pedestal and start finding one that will treat you better.
>>>wanting a relationship
>Try putting yourself under scrutiny so you even have a chance at finding out what is repelling them.
I'm fat, lazy, ugly asshole with no goals or ambitions. you think this is news to me? you think you had to tell me to make this list for me to realize these things?
>You are not a special snowflake
I never said I was. in fact the whole thread was worded in a way that I expected to find someone who can relate to what I'm feeling
>Your problem is not real
what the fuck do you mean "not real"? what is "real" then? am I not "really" a NEET? am I not "really" a college dropout? did I not "really" alienate all my friends? am I not "really" an alcoholic weed junkie? do I not "really" spend 16 hours a day on a computer? do I not "really" weigh 120kg? have i not "really" been to a job interview for 5 years?
>>
>>24756812
how can those be excuses when I wasn't even presenting them as reasonings for my actions? other than the lack of motivation but that's not really an excuse either
>>
>>24756858
well im also 25, but I don't really relate to the not trying aspect, even though everything I try inevitably blows up in my face.

And now I'm slowly dying inside because I miss my girlfriend, who dumped me for a guy on a motorcycle. Can't get hired even though I'm trying my damnedest. and on the reverse side of spectrum, im like 55kg.
>>
>>24756858
>with what money? I haven't worked a day since 2010
Why haven't you worked a day since 2010 ? Please be 100% honest so I can do my best to help.

>I'm fat, lazy, ugly asshole with no goals or ambitions. you think this is news to me? you think you had to tell me to make this list for me to realize these things?
No, I don't think it's news to you and I don't think it's news to anyone who has spent more than 5 hours in the same room as you. And no, I do not think that making lists actually helps people out of their misery.

>I never said I was. in fact the whole thread was worded in a way that I expected to find someone who can relate to what I'm feeling
This is where you actually fuck up. Do you really think that what you are doing is simply "trying to find someone who can relate to what you're feeling" ? Fuck no. What you are doing is asking mentally ill people just like you to comfort you in your view of the world so that you can keep on dwelling on it for as long as possible because you feel the need to take drastic measures. And THAT is precisely why I try to convince you people to talk to a goddamn professional. Because you are throwing your lives away participating in this immense depression/anxiety ridding circlejerk that is /r9k/.

>what the fuck do you mean "not real"?
What I mean by that is that your view of the world is totally skewed. You like to categorize things as "normies", "chads", "NEETs" to make you feel part of a group (basically, safe). You feel worthless, there's not even a reason to argue over this. All these issues can be addressed by taking up the courage to talk to a mental health professional whose JOB it is to help people LIKE YOU. And I fucking know I am on my way to become one.
>>
>>24756890
I know they are. Trust me, I was just like you for a certain period of time. If we went two years back in time right now, I would be writing the exact same posts you just did. Laziness comes from fear, replying "lolololol" to the recommendation of joining a support group comes from fear, the terms "chemical lobotomy" come from fucking fear. You are afraid. You THINK you know what THE WORLD did to you, and you're AFRAID of what it might STILL HAVE IN STORE for YOU. But that's having it the wrong way. The right way is : You haven't yet acknowledged the fact that you MIGHT HAVE a MENTAL ILLNESS or that you just NEED SOME HELP in order to get your life back on track. You are not honest to the people around you and you should. If you're not, they are not going to be able to help you.
>>
>>24757004
>Why haven't you worked a day since 2010 ? Please be 100% honest so I can do my best to help.
pure laziness. work would mean sacrifices like a daily routine and when there's absolutely nothing I want in life it's hard to justify said sacrifices. when asked to trade half of my time and energy to end up where I started I don't feel like it's a good deal. I'd rather just keep the time.
>Do you really think that what you are doing is simply "trying to find someone who can relate to what you're feeling" ? Fuck no. What you are doing is asking mentally ill people just like you to comfort you in your view of the world so that you can keep on dwelling on it
I don't see how these are different things
>you are throwing your lives away
wagekek propaganda
>All these issues can be addressed by taking up the courage to talk to a mental health professional whose JOB it is to help people LIKE YOU.
>>>help
their job is to make me a tax paying citizen that contributes to society. that's why they exist and are paid for by the state. they don't give a shit about me personally

also have you ever asked yourself what kind of a personal ends up a psychiatrist? remember that we choose our own professions, nobody just "happened to become" a psychiatrist. these are people who realized that they enjoy telling other people how they feel and what they think and know their feelings better than they themselves do. they acknowledged they are annoying know it alls and made it their job. this is literally the requirement for someone to become a psychiatrist. why on earth would i want to talk to anyone like that? those are all universally hated traits in a person until he calls himself a psychiatrist and suddenly it's acceptable.
>>
>>24757102
>You haven't yet acknowledged the fact that you MIGHT HAVE a MENTAL ILLNESS
i've realized I'm what "mental health professionals" call "depressed" for like 7 years now. you're just assuming I'm in denial when I'm not.

>Laziness comes from fear, replying "lolololol" to the recommendation of joining a support group comes from fear, the terms "chemical lobotomy" come from fucking fear
simply not true.
laziness is a basic human trait all the way back to cavemen or whatever came before that. people like relaxing. hell even wild animals like to act lazy whenever they can

any type of group activity is absolute cancer but a support group? a support group for "people who feel isolated"? if anything those would be the type of people I should be avoiding if I wanted to get """"healthy"""".

and chemical lobotomy is a very real thing. have you ever tried having a conversation with someone who's on heavy depression medication? they're walking zombies. but hey at least their mood is stable and that's what matters, right!?
>>
>>24756925
>im like 55kg
manlet detected
>>
>>24757131
> I'd rather just keep the time.
That is pure bullshit. You would not rather just keep the time. Wanna know how I know ? Because you fucking spend it on 4chan, trying to find other social retards (and I'm allowed to use that term, I was one for the most part of my life) who agree with you. If, right now, I gave you a girlfriend you liked, a job that allowed you to express your creativity in any way you want, don't fucking lie to me saying you wouldn't take it instead of staying at home all day worrying about the future (and don't tell me you don't the act of looking for other people in your situation yells it).

>I don't see how these are different things
They are. Because the first one is a healthy way of looking for support from other healthy people. The second one is how you end up alone at 30+ years.

>wagekek propaganda
No. I don't want you to have a high paying job. I want you to be fucking HAPPY and you're obviously not. That is why, to me, you are throwing it away.

>their job is to make me a tax paying citizen that contributes to society. that's why they exist and are paid for by the state. they don't give a shit about me personally
The only way for you to believe this is to have never met an actual psychologist, or to have met only the worst ones.

>also have you ever asked yourself what kind of a personal ends up a psychiatrist?
YES BECAUSE I AM OWN MY WAY TO BECOME A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. Did you even read my last post ? I am a 20something year old guy, on his way (one semester left) to become a psychologist with emphasis on cognitive therapy. Wanna know who I really am ? A guy who has been struggling with the same issues you are struggling with right now, who decided that "enough is enough" and started studying psychology to help other people. Now dare to tell me that I am what you just described and I'm fucking out of here.
>>
>>24757176
>i've realized I'm what "mental health professionals" call "depressed" for like 7 years now. you're just assuming I'm in denial when I'm not.
OK, good. Now that's out of the way.

>laziness is a basic human trait all the way back to cavemen or whatever came before that. people like relaxing. hell even wild animals like to act lazy whenever they can
That's where you got it wrong. Being lazy isn't the same as relaxing. Being lazy is detrimental to your physical as well as mental health, relaxing does quite the opposite, doesn't it ?

>a support group for "people who feel isolated"? if anything those would be the type of people I should be avoiding if I wanted to get """"healthy"""".
That is partly true. Only partly though, because your focus, when participating in a support group, shouldn't be on others, but on how others' issues can be related to you. And that process is mediated by the "group leader", who usually is a person who went through the same shit you're going through, and/or a trained mental health professional.

>and chemical lobotomy is a very real thing. have you ever tried having a conversation with someone who's on heavy depression medication? they're walking zombies. but hey at least their mood is stable and that's what matters, right!?
I know. Yes I have had those conversation. As previously mentioned I am a few months away from being a licensed psychologist. The thing is that YOU can CHOOSE how you want to be treated. If you don't want to be on medication you can tell your psychiatrist that you prefer speech therapy, or even light therapy, whatever suits you man. But don't get pissed if he tries to get you on meds, because most of the time, those work.
>>
>>24757271
>staying at home all day worrying about the future
i literally haven't worried about the future since i was a teenager. i'm way way past that point. i don't even remember what that feeling of "i might've messed up" or "i procrastinated too much and didn't do that thing i was supposed to do" felt like. i haven't worried about anything except maybe running out of beer since god knows when
>You would not rather just keep the time. Wanna know how I know ? Because you fucking spend it on 4chan
that makes no sense. i enjoy this. why is me doing something i enjoy and have been doing for over a decade a sign that i would want to do something else? i came here when i was a little normie with dreams in life, i come here still.
>YES BECAUSE I AM OWN MY WAY TO BECOME A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.
go figure. everything i posted does certainly apply to you as well does it not? seems like I was proven right once again and I didn't even know it
>Now dare to tell me that I am what you just described and I'm fucking out of here.
well
>>
>>24757404
>i literally haven't worried about the future since i was a teenager. i'm way way past that point. i don't even remember what that feeling of "i might've messed up" or "i procrastinated too much and didn't do that thing i was supposed to do" felt like. i haven't worried about anything except maybe running out of beer since god knows when
And that's another load of bullshit. Worrying about running out of beer shows that you still have a functioning prospective memory and that you are still perfectly capable of setting goals for yourself, however small they might be. Hoping to drink another beer = hoping to live another day. Where there's hope, there's also worry. You worry about your future and you know it, please stop convincing me otherwise.

>that makes no sense. i enjoy this. why is me doing something i enjoy and have been doing for over a decade a sign that i would want to do something else? i came here when i was a little normie with dreams in life, i come here still.
Spending time on 4chan is fine. Spending your time on /r9k/ trying to find people just like you that you can talk to and ultimately end up sharing your misery with, is not. See this is where you fuck up (and a lot of people who are in your position do), you confuse your unhealthy habits with healthy ways of coping with your low self esteem.

>go figure. everything i posted does certainly apply to you as well does it not?
No, it doesn't. It's just the way you see me, it's not the way I really am. If it takes me being right to help you, I'm sure as shit going to try to be right. That is what you guys don't understand when you talk to psychologists. We ARE trying to be right, but ONLY to HELP you, not to be right. Do you really think that such a cunt you're describing would take half of his Saturday afternoon talking to you over the internet with the only hope of giving you a small glimpse of what life could be like if you let other people help you ? Come on man
>>
That being said, I have to get out of here, got some shit to do today. If by any chance you want to keep in touch, just send me an e-mail, my throwaway is [email protected]

Have a nice weekend guys
>>
>>24757506
>Do you really think that such a cunt you're describing would take half of his Saturday afternoon talking to you over the internet with the only hope of giving you a small glimpse of what life could be like if you let other people help you ? Come on man
yes. people like you love the sound of your own voice even if it is virtual. i fully admit i'm the same but the difference is i'd never pretend to do it to help others.
>Spending time on 4chan is fine. Spending your time on /r9k/ trying to find people just like you that you can talk to and ultimately end up sharing your misery with, is not.
i have about 15 4chan tabs open 3 of which are /r9k/ and i must say the average discussion on here is much more civil than any of the other boards i have open. and I don't even go to /b/
>Worrying about running out of beer shows that you still have a functioning prospective memory and that you are still perfectly capable of setting goals for yourself, however small they might be.
I think it's just a side effect of the intoxicant to be quite desu
>Where there's hope, there's also worry.
yeah well i haven't had any "hope" for a long long time. i know about having hope and worrying. i used to literally cry myself to sleep sometimes when I was ~18 because I wasn't sure if I'd even complete high school. not because I couldn't do it, I had 9s (we grade up to 10 here) in almost all classes but because I was so fucking lazy. it took me 2.5 years to complete the last year of high school because I'd schedule like 2-4 hours of school per week. but I still had dreams, so I worried. I gave up a long time ago, and the worries went away simultaneously.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.