[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MBTI Type Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11
File: rorschach1.gif (39 KB, 309x262) Image search: [Google]
rorschach1.gif
39 KB, 309x262
Who /int_/ here?
INTP are the true robots
>comprise <3% of population
>have vivid imagination and strong logical reasoning
>tend to develop anxiety or depression due to alienation from normies
>often so wrapped up in own world they fail to properly interact with others even when given an opportunity
>immediately more comfortable around those with similar ideas or fixations
Pic related, a real INTP and a real hero

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
For those who don't know their MBTI type
>>
>>24728940

>http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

this test is shit senpai

here's a slightly better test, but be warned, it's got a lot of poorly worded questions that can be vague:
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

>WAAAAAAH AM I THINK OR FEEL? I'M INTROVERTED AND INTUITIVE AND PERCIEVING BUT IM BOTH T AND F!
read up on cognitive functions fag

http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/06/if-youre-confused-about-your-myers-briggs-personality-type-read-this-an-intro-to-cognitive-functions/

http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/9813-mbti-functions-explained.html
>>
>>24728940

Rorschach is so ISTJ it hurts.

You could make a good case for Manhattan as an INTP, though.
>>
These kind of tests are stupid
Your results pretty much change depending on your mood when you take them

I think I read somewhere that after taking the test again 3 months after your first test, the majority of people will end up with a completely different result
>>
>>24729136
That's what the extra reading at the end is for
I used to test INTJ fairly often, but all the reading I've ever done on INTJs sounded nothing like me at all.
I've since made a more concentrated effort to answer the questions as objectively as possible and have turned up INTP very consistently, and the descriptions I've found of typical INTPs match me incredibly well.

It wouldn't replace being analyzed by an actual psychologist of course, but then that carries its own caveats
>>
File: 1448285246888.gif (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448285246888.gif
44 KB, 600x600
tfw ADD INTP
gotta brain fast
>>
>>24729136
I've taken these tests nearly a dozen times over the years of seeing MBTI threads to see if the results ever changed and I've constantly gotten INTP. At least I'm not INTJ.
>>
Male INFJ here

I'm the only one of me
>>
>tfw INTP or INFP
>>
Token ISFJ reporting in.
>>
File: 1448194442137.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1448194442137.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
INFP

>If they are not careful, INFPs can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. INFPs often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Kill me
>>
>>24729357
almost brother
>>
INTP reporting
>>comprise <3% of population
>>have vivid imagination and strong logical reasoning
>>tend to develop anxiety or depression due to alienation from normies
>>often so wrapped up in own world they fail to properly interact with others even when given an opportunity
>>immediately more comfortable around those with similar ideas or fixations
yeah, that's me alright
>>
INTJ here

would gas everyone on this board if I could
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 692x1002) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 692x1002
>>24729365
more pictures like these?
>>
File: MBTIFarce.jpg (284 KB, 478x1428) Image search: [Google]
MBTIFarce.jpg
284 KB, 478x1428
>le reddit horoscopes xD
Stop making these shit threads
>>
>>24729404
I find myself strongly agreeing with that brown blob and also I think it's going to fuck that precocious asian schoolchild?
>>
>>24729326
most INFJs are male

most female "INFJs" are probably not that senpai
>>
>>24729436
You do realize the MBTI and Zodiac only align like that because there was a massive pop-psychology swing in the 60's/early 70's and the Zodiac was completely bastardized in order to fit the Jungian/MBTI connection, right?
Or did you think you had just discovered something unique, you pathetic shitposter?

>there are people on this fucking board who have not read and studied John Gardner's Grendel; AKA "NORMIES GET OUT REEE and Other Philosophical Musings"
>>
>>24729584
Honestly I'm pretty sure that any women born IN__ have that beaten or spoiled out of them by highschool
>>
ISTP-T Master race reporting in
>>
File: skelly.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
skelly.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>24728940
INTP gets me so right I typed out a lengthy post to tell you why. Best to keep some things private. I will say that I have met very few people with my personality and have been resented for thinking in the manner that I do. People have let me know that. I can definitely socialize, but choose not to. Most of the time it feels like a chore, having to dumb down things or become bored by things I clearly don't care about. That being said, I'm polite, and unless someone is absolutely evil or disgusting I can just impress them off the merit of paying attention to them.

>>24729436
I agree with the general message here. Too much obsession with image over substance. Personality tests are interesting, but they aren't perfect and the conventional ones suffer great flaws outside Western culture.
>>
>>24729986
I definitely agree on the issue of socializing. It's incredibly disheartening when 9/10 you either give up on a clever thought or explanation only a tenth of the way through because the person you're talking to seemingly voluntarily rejects logic; even worse when that becomes habitual and you start avoiding conversation altogether
>>
>>24730111
Yeah, the best solution so far has been to show my true colors only to friends who I think are similar enough to appreciate certain things. Dumbing down things then isn't so bad, because at least then we're forced to build creative metaphors that both simplify and adequately describe something.
>>
>>24730150
Being INTP is pretty much cosplaying as Krillin; gotta hide your powerlevel all day every day

The secondhand embarassment also seems to be a lot stronger in my experience
>>
ENTP, why is my life so full of contradictions.
I really enjoy talking wiht people and social events (just hanging atound, not partyes / alcohol/drugs) but I also have 0 motivation to attend them.
>>
>>24728940
infp, i like it but i feel insecure when there are other infps around [i.e. in the thread]

i feel like i should be a sidekick to an INT* or ENT* type.
>>
>>24730287
Sounds like general depression or apathy disorder
>>
File: 1449123647838.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1449123647838.png
15 KB, 300x300
>>24729399
Me too.

I feel less introverted cause anxiety and more introverted because I want to commit acts of mass terrorism.
>>
Tfw ENTJ

Tfw entire live revolves around my will and my endless pursuit of power.
>>
>>24729436
>re-take the test and get the same result
>most accurate MBTI description ever is on the encyclopedia dramatica page, where it explicitly calls certain types assholes or says 'if you're this type, kill yourself now because you're fucked'
>>
>>24730318
I wanted to kill everybody too when I was in my teenage years.

Now I understood no-one deserves my hatred and my time.

Intj reporting in.
>>
>>24728940
>RORSCHACH
>INTP

Rorschach's IN, definitely.

But T? Sure, Rorschach is argumentative, but that's more a result of his trauma than his "genuine" personality. Virtually all of Rorschach's behaviour is emotionally driven. His vengeance, his double standards, etc. are all emotional projections. He's F.

While Rorschach is personally messy, there's a lot of J qualities as well.

>real hero

Stop.
>>
There's a relatively high concentration of INTPs on /r9k/, myself included.

I've tested intp since I first took a personality test around ~4 years ago, at least I can say I'm consistent.
>>
>INFP
I've done this test quite a few times now. When I was younger I'd usually wind up with something like INTP or INTJ, probably because I used to think I was really smart.

I still think "The Big Five" is a better test than the sixteen types one.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (87 KB, 1340x396) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
87 KB, 1340x396
>>24728940
Get on my level. Masterrace here.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 976x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 976x598
Where are my ESTPs at? You autist faggots need to leave r9k right now...
>>
>>24730307
But how can one bee both extroverted and depressed at the same time? Any self respecting frogposter would stone you alive for implying such things.
>>
File: H6Eygzb.jpg (27 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
H6Eygzb.jpg
27 KB, 500x334
>>24729399
this, intj are the true master race, all y'all motherfuckers do not even know
>>
>>24731001
How does it feel to know you'll always be inferior to ENTJs like me?
>>
INFJ

These tests are silly but fun.
>>
>>24729584
The female "INFJs" that don't show initiative and only want to be dominated in romantic relationships are phonies.
>>
File: 985985.png (13 KB, 1399x156) Image search: [Google]
985985.png
13 KB, 1399x156
>>24729399
>>24731001
HYBRID TIGEROWL
>>
dumbledore bump
>>
>>24731589
female INFJ, I can confirm that this is true

Anyone who doesn't come to a relationship ready to work their ass off as a team is trash though
>>
>>24730723

>Calling J/P a personality determinant

Read up on the cognitive functions, my friend.
>>
>>24731075
FITE ME
(is how it feels original comment trademark don't steal my oc!)
>>
>>24733189
The vast majority of females are trash-tier, but the few decent ones are almost always INFJ and ENFJ.
>>
>>24733283
And ISFJ. And INFP.
>>
INTJ/ENTJ here. Is it really possible to be a true ambivert, or is it just bullshit? I usually change a lot depending on how I'm feeling. What the fuck is even so good about me despite having incredible intellect and crazy good efficiency in my job? I'm supposedly terrible at communicating my feelings with others, but that's never been the case.
>>
>>24733370

The letters in your type don't really mean anything on their own. The idea is that there's 8 different functions, of which you have 4 you use most naturally. It doesn't mean you can't use or understand the other functions, but generally it doesn't feel "right" for you to use functions that aren't your type's main functions.
Functions are also listed in order of magnitude. The E/I variable only changes the order of your functions, so the difference between INTJ and ENTJ isn't that huge.

INTJ is Ni Te Fi Se
ENTJ is Te Ni Se Fi

Sometimes you might prefer using a slightly weaker function over your main one, or one of your functions might not be fully developed yet, which can blur your test results. So no, the system is built in such a way that ambiverts should not exist, but whatever. Take everything with a grain of salt.
>>
>>24728940
INTJ here
>>
ENTP masterrace.
-Use Ne for making up badass shit
-Ti smart as duck knows all the normie shits
-Fe manipulation powers like Obama and his healthcare
-Si for feels of nostalgia

Lifesgood
>>
You aren't a true robot unless you're INFJ
>>
>>24733473
How can you be a true robot with such inferior feels?
>>
>>24733227
>>24733370
>Is it really possible to be a true ambivert, or is it just bullshit?

Typically people will tell you that your personality type is "fixed", but they don't ever seem to explain why. I don't think it's out of the question. The function stacks are already bijective output values of the 4-letter MBTI function, and there's no proof that the brain doesn't operate based on that. We don't know if there's a binary input composition function in the brain that alters the entire function stack like MBTI does with the J/P.
>>
>>24733370
No it's not possible, at least not after your childhood. The underlying model rules it out. Ambivert in the MBTI sense doesn't exist. If you define it outside of MBTI, you might very well be an ambivert (rather introverted extrovert or rather extroverted introvert).

If you want to read about how functions might develop and MBTI specific stuff, look here
http://www.darionardi.com/functions.html
http://eilamona.com/post/132124876072/mbti-terms-vs-conventional-meaning
>>
>>24733473
>Fe-aux
>Robot
Yeah nah
>>
ISTJ here. None so far o.O
>>
INFJ robot coming through

Kill me
>>
ISTJ here

its fucking torture when you're the only one who gives a fuck
>>
>>24733758
>>24733886
I'm curious, how does Si work/manifest for you guys? It's one of the functions I don't fully understand.
>>
INFP

Why is everyone so mean it hurts to be alive
>>
>>24733906
When I'm trying to solve a task the first thing I do is try to apply the solution of any similar problems I've done in the past.

For example if you give me a puzzle that had no clearly visible side corners it would probably fuck me over quite visibly and I'd panic and take 10 years to complete it.
>>
>>24733975
Interesting. How did you go about researching MBTI, functions etc.?
>>
>>24733933
I'll be nice to you.
>>
>>24734011
Google I guess.
>>
>>24733886
Do you ever ask yourself if it's rational to give such a fuck? Can you override that if you decide it's not?
>>
>>24734245
Yeah for sure I can stop giving a fuck. But my default mode is to try hard everything until the burden becomes too great. Then I normally give up and feel terrible.
>>
>>24734303
Sounds more like ISFJ to me.
>>
>>24734384
Not really. Depends on the motivation of solving said tasks. The Si/Ne axis sure seems to make people stubborn (and also reliable) though, probably because of the love-hate relationship with Ne.
>>
>>24730360
Same here

>You get a little sad everytime you play Dynasty Warriors as CaoCao doesn't realize his ambition. ;_;
>>
>>24734433
I suppose. I'm shit at reading Fi emotions, from ISTJs especially.
>>
>>24728940
Tfw ENTJ masterrace. Feelsgoodman.
>>
>>24734504
Not surprising as it's internal and their users and not really emotive, with stoic expressions. Even my shrink told me she has trouble reading me sometimes.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.