[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ Dead Space 1 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Usg_ishimura_full_profile.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Usg_ishimura_full_profile.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
What are your favorite weapons to use in DS1? Right now I have

>Pulse Rifle
>Ripper
and after I fully noded-out the PR I decided to try
>Force Gun

Besides these, in my many playthroughs the only other weapons I've used are the Plasma Cutter and Line Gun.

How are the other guns? How is the Force Gun? I basically use it to stun the necros, but it's not good for killing.

Thoughts?

Dead Space 2 welcome, haven't played 3.

>pls respond
>>
Literally and only plasma cutter.

Only time i'll ever use something else is force gun for those leech things instead of wasting precious plasma ammo
>>
>>24728604
First time I played Nightmare mode, I used only the Plasma Cutter also and finished the game with it.

That being said, nodes became of no value after my RIG and PC were fully noded, so for this playthrough, I used two weapons (first time not using the plasma cutter) and I only bought a third weapon when my main weapon (Pulse Rifle) was fully noded (my RIG was also fully noded). Just to make the game a little more interesting and because I wanted to try some new shit. Haven't played this in like 5 or 6 years so it's been a blast. Haven't played 3, so I'm replaying 1 & 2 then going on to 3. I've heard it's not as good, but I guess I'll find out when I play it.

And you've never ever used another gun? I remember my first playthrough I had 4 guns IIRC. Cutter, Rifle, Line Gun, and shit, maybe I only had 3.

But I always used the Cutter, so I really wanted to try something new. Ripper is pretty fun, but useless if you have to fight something that's not right in front of you, or if it's more than 2 on 1. If it's 3+ necros then it's useless.
>>
Well,I like the Line Gun a lot.Especially when uprgraded.It can raep the necros extremely hard,desu.
>>
File: 1454545454545.jpg (21 KB, 423x237) Image search: [Google]
1454545454545.jpg
21 KB, 423x237
>>24729311
>Line Gun

>first playthrough
>just buy the LG, haven't tested it yet
>only other weapon thus far is Cutter
>walk into the big open room with asteroids crashing around you
>clear out the couple of necros crawling around in there
>head towards the next objective
>hear the smashing of asteroids into the hull
>some crashing louder than others
>almost sounds like an asteroid crashed through the ship
>look slightly to my left
>the locked door a few feet away starts to indent from the inside and this fucker explodes forth
>in fear, instinctively begin ammo dump
>Cutter ain't doing shit, running around, reload several times
>ammo running out fast
>dump my last mag into charging behemoth
>suddenly, after I dump my last round, the game auto-swaps me to the Line Gun
>immediately go from ineffective cutter rounds to giant line gun blasts in a fit of hasty mashing
>slices the brute into ribbons
I don't know if that was boring to read or not, but it's probably my favorite vidya-related story. The auto-swap to line gun followed by the insta-rape of the brute was pretty fucking great.
>>
File: 1438589884397.png (75 KB, 211x173) Image search: [Google]
1438589884397.png
75 KB, 211x173
sort of related

who /alien isolation/ here

>never finished dead space
>mfw origin
>>
>>24729675
I haven't played it or watched Evangellion yet, but really want to.
>>
Anyone else care here?

Also, why did the chick that helps you for awhile have to have such giant tits? How fucking distracting, holy shit.
>>
Line gun, hands down. It's basically the shotgun of the game, but more range. It has such a low ammo capacity that I cant solely rely on it so I keep the plasma cutter because it is a well balanced weapon.

I actually bought dead space on steam the other day because it was like 5 dollars. Nostalgic and still a little scary. I will miss shitting my pants when I first got it though, and I've still never played the 3rd.
>>
>>24731834
I'm shitting my pants with fear even though I mostly remember what happens.

Does that make me a bitch? I like to think I can just immerse myself pretty well, but it could be the former.
>>
Decent thread, m8es.

One bump for the road.
>>
>tfw no Ellie gf
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.