[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let's say your shit is SO fucked that only 2/10 girls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: closeup.jpg (76 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
closeup.jpg
76 KB, 599x800
So let's say your shit is SO fucked that only 2/10 girls are into you, at the best. Meaning you still have to Chad in every other way or they'll leave you in a second.

How do you even find these single 2/10s because they don't seem to come out very often.

I'm getting old and need a gf before I turn 30.
>>
>>24729846
OK, familio, I'll bite. Tell me how exactly your shit is fucked that only 2/10s would be into you.
>>
>>24729872

My self-esteem is very low that it has to be obvious to others. I can hold eye contact but it's forced and I usually just look like I give up in every situation I'm thrown into.

But I'm like 4/10 desu. I put no work into myself or my body. I'm not a fat neckbeard, just skinny and unaesthetic. I can tell you that I've interacted with girls all along the spectrum and they all have the same disinterested negative reactions to me.

It's a lot of things. I don't have much going for me.
>>
It also sucks because I'm 24 and when it does seem like a girl likes me, I know it is either a platonic kind of interest or she is too good for me so I get nervous and fuck it all up.

I've gone so long that I'm probably not fixable and will never find a partner. I just don't have looks going for me to make that still possible.

Past the age of 18, I've never had a girl actually want to do anything with me. It's just never happened.
>>
>>24729925
Self-esteem is the biggest issue. I know that sounds like some gay "b urself"-tier talk, but honestly, self-esteem problems limit your ability to have proper social interaction.

Do you work? If yes, practice by chatting with your co-workers whenever you can, until you can get through it with a straight face.

As for the rest, you're basically me.

>4/10
>caveman-tier brows
>large hooked nose
>thin jawline
>too lazy to go to the gym
>skinny

Thing is, though. The girl I'm with actually likes my features. Some girls are just into skinny guys and don't like square jaws or typical male-model features, just like many men don't like the typical female model features.

Have you tried online dating?
>>
>>24730042

>Have you tried online dating?

Never. But now that I have more free time from work and school this winter, I want to give it a shot.

It's just I've had bad experiences in real life where I was really hard on myself because a girl didn't like me or wasn't interested in me. I always felt bad because I did look at myself and thought I looked good, but they made me feel so damn ugly inside and out.

I started to get into this depressive funk where I just became this weirdo trashed looking dead sleep deprived eyes person. It dominated me.

I do work and can talk to my co-workers, but I don't really like them and don't trust them. It's only because I feel like they have low opinions of me, even though they are friendly, I don't want to be treated differently for any reason such as being shy, anxious or foolish. It feels pathetic to me.

I don't know man. I can't fucking find a girl who likes what I look like and likes what I talk like. I'm not even that weird I don't think, just a bit off and going through some stuff.
>>
>>24730129
Man, I don't know how old you are, but you sound exactly like me when I was in my early 20s.

>I do work and can talk to my co-workers, but I don't really like them and don't trust them.

I started doing something when I reached my mid-20s. Maybe it was something of a mental breakdown, but I basically dropped all social conventions at work and just started openly making lewd jokes, politically-incorrect comments, inappropriate suggestions, et cetera.

I did it because I couldn't be bothered to keep up the charade of fake social graces anymore, but the result was, even if a lot of people hated me (they wouldn't have liked me anyway), a lot of my colleagues began to like me much more. I even started developing some real close friendships because of it for the first time in my life.

But more importantly, as soon as I stopped caring about how I'm perceived, it allowed me to be better in social interactions rather than just being a shy mumbler.

>I can't fucking find a girl who likes what I look like and likes what I talk like

This is where online dating comes in.

Create an OKCupid profile and upload the best-looking (but NOT edited or fake) picture you have. Then answer hundreds of questions perfectly honestly, go to your matches, search in a very wide radius, and sort by highest match percentage.

Message everyone you're attracted to. Yes, everyone.

You'll be ignored a lot. I mean a LOT. Online dating is even harder than offline dating for men in terms of selection because of the gender imbalance and the amount of messages that women get. But the thing is, to win the game, all you have to do is play.

It will take months and hundreds of messages, but by the laws of statistics alone, you will eventually come across a girl that likes how you look and how you are.

Online dating fails for the guys who give up. Personally it took me 4 months and about 200 first messages. Not gonna lie, wanted to give up several times in the process, but it's worth it.
>>
>>24730334

Thanks dude. And I'm 24. So yeah, right around that age. This has been a really tough spot for me, especially when it makes you question your own self and importance a million times every day because you're failing at something everyone else seems to succeed at.

Thanks for the advice. Rejection never really gets any easier for me, but you can't really get anywhere without going through it, so yeah, that will be a challenge but gotta do what you gotta do, right?

And yeah, at work, I was first very nice and always mumbling or was just shy and always nodded my head in agreement. Now I'm more laid back and I've done a lot of things I thought I never would have and I even hangout with a good number of them. It's just, it doesn't really feel like me and I don't like it, I just feel like I need to do it for some reason. It makes the time go by faster if anything.

Everyday has been pretty much shit for a while so yeah I'm a bit frustrated.
>>
>>24730473
>It's just, it doesn't really feel like me and I don't like it

Yeah, I feel what you're saying, man. Here's the trick: Say whatever feels exactly like you. Regardless of how inappropriate it seems. (Well, that's not entirely true. You draw the line at things that would get you fired.) The point is that when you're being exactly the person you are, you'll end up socializing with people whose company you'll truly enjoy.

As for rejection in dating, that's what I forgot to mention in my last post. I always hated making a move offline. The rejections still haunt me. Mortifying, truly.

The beauty of online dating is that even though in terms of both numbers and percentages, you'll get rejected far more, you can also swallow them much easier because it's just down to sending a message and forgetting about it.

I mean, yeah, it still feels shitty not getting responses, but it's somehow less exposing than doing it in person.

What makes this important is that instead of building up the nerve over the course of an entire semester to ask that ONE girl out (who'll say no), you can message several girls a day.

Even with the higher rejection rate, you're more likely to eventually get a yes based simply on the sheer number of attempts.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.