[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>greentexting? haha what's that anon, explain it to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: girl smiling hehe.jpg (31 KB, 714x282) Image search: [Google]
girl smiling hehe.jpg
31 KB, 714x282
>greentexting? haha what's that anon, explain it to me
HOW DO YOU RESPOND?
>>
>greentexting is a form of highly sophisticated communication used over the Internet on image-board websites.
>>
Explain it? Bitch your greentexting right now!
>>
It comes from Usenet quoting, I believe. It basically serves to isolate a unit of text, for instance to quote (esp. to draw attention to the quote's unaware, often ironic erroneousness, such as a glaring mistake; this indicating function can be emphasized by progressively greentexting smaller and smaller pieces of text containing the error), or to signify a cliched reply to a comment so flawed, it doesn't deserve a full statement (e.g. Jeopary-style >what is [the name of a fallacy one committed]). It is canonically used for sequential narration ('greentext stories'), although I am glad that this use becomes less frequent because I think it detracts from composing one's messages carefully.
>>
>>24727153
Of course, it is often simply used to visually differentiate any twofold text, such as questions and answers to a questionnaire, input and output of a program, and so on.
>>
>>24727153
>>24727222
Another thread, after the 'what is art?' thread, which I killed with my definition. ;_;
>>
>>24726659
>heheheh it's where autists go and make le funny maymays xD you wouldn't get it you're a stacey but do you wanna make out? I have a le big dick and le big wallet xD LAWL
>>
File: greentext.png (32 KB, 1273x205) Image search: [Google]
greentext.png
32 KB, 1273x205
>>24727461
I saved your definition in a screenshot, I think it's well explained
>>
>>24727527
Ha, thanks. If I checked out a couple of other threads on the front page, I would have probably mentioned other things too, such as sarcastic paraphrase, e.g. >>24727489, or generic enumeration.
>>
>>24726798
>>24726987
Underrated, upvotes and gold!
>>
Greentexting is when you've been gardening too much and your thumbs are stained from pulling weeds. You try to text someone. It hurts.
>>
>>24726659
>they're called meme arrows you dip
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.