[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does love exist? Do you know anyone who's in a happy and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 640x640
Does love exist? Do you know anyone who's in a happy and healthy long-term relationship?
>>
no it doesn't, at least not the love you're thinking of
>>
Yes it does.

It is a lasting desire to protect another person and see them do well.
>>
"Love," the way you're thinking of, doesn't exist. You think as love as some magical thing that is meant for everyone, and that there's a soul mate out there for you, waiting to you to sweep her off her feet. Love is a made up word. When two people really like each other, they spend more and more time together, and this so-called-love feeling fades. It's all a gimmick made to sell diamonds and pointless bullshit we don't need.

The realest definition of love is walking into your apartment after a hard day, and having your dog rush to the door to meet you, licking your face and laying in your lap, begging for hugs. That kind of love never fades.
>>
>>24725752
>>24725931
Your misdirected cynicism, your emphasis that there is a belief in romantic love that isn't real, is uncalled for. People can care about each forever as long as they share values forever that endear them to each other -- and this definitely happens. Not in everyone and not in a majority, bu it exists.
>>
>>24725931
>so-called-love feeling fades
Isn't that called a honeymoon period? Where the first few weeks of a relationship all lovey dovey and great, but then you get bored of each other as you get used to each other being together?
>>
>>24726012
>is uncalled for
sorry, mom. didn't mean to offend.
>>
>>24725280
It does, but it's much rarer then normies would have you believe. The kind of love that sustains 30+ year marriages is almost gone in todays society.
>>
>>24726104
True love, just so you all know, is when the honeymoon period doesnt end it just mellows out.
>>
>>24725280
Its just a huge dose of oxytocin making you addicted to a girl's existence and its horrible because it literally turns you into a submissive pussy who caters to your girl's whim and then she breaks up with you and you suffer withdrawal I mean break up effects and want to kill yourself and after a few months you are back to normal.
>>
>>24726166
But true love is hard to come by it seems. Relationships fall apart. Constant arguing happens. The girl cheats on the guy. The guy cheats on the girl. Both parties are miserable. The relationship ends messily for either one party or both parties.
>>
>>24726204
some people arent capable of it. Its entirely genetic/chemical. Its true blind fucking luck.
>>
>>24726204
this anon is correct.
this has never been more apparent than in our current day society. men and women are spoiled by instant gratification, constantly moving on to the next thing when they get bored. Faithfulness is a rare commodity these days, which is why you're better off alone. If you want to have sex, then by all means, have sex. But don't bother with relationships. You're just setting yourself up for failure. She may act like she loves you now, but that will change when the next guy comes along and makes her question her decision to settle with you.
>>
>>24725931
gf can do everything a dog can do tbphwy familia
>>
>>24726187
This is "love"
/thread
>>
I have two friends who are married and have kids. He's a programmer, she's a housewife. They're both super socially awkward but really interesting people. They've progressively gotten into more and more random stuff as I've known them. Early electronic music, anarchism, boxing, gardening. And they're super funny and just feed off of each other's humor and nonsensicalness. They're really the model for what I hope marriage is like. When I first knew them in college, they were both super quiet and awkward. Their first date they barely even had a conversation. Now though, they're ridiculously communicative with each other and very open/honest with other people about stuff. It really just seems like they're on a constant adventure together. I hope that's what love is like - just being able to explore life with someone and give free expression to who you are. Seems like for a lot of people it's the exact opposite - suffocating social obligations and doing what's expected.
>>
>>24726541
Thanks anon. Just reading that made me feel a feel I hadn't felt in a while. It was a good feel but I feel bad.
>>
>>24726541
You describe it as "love."

It's actually just two people keeping things interesting. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's not love.
>>
>>24725280
>>24725280

Who is this semen demon? original comment desu
>>
>>24726333
>She may act like she loves you now, but that will change when the next guy comes along and makes her question her decision to settle with you.

>not falling in love with girls who understand that love is transient and break up amicably

Pleb.
>>
>>24726656
I look forward to the day affordable space travel is a reality. The planet you live on sounds very nice.
>>
>>24726629
alterhacker on IG my friend
>>
Yeah I know a few couples, but they've gone through rough patches. What autismos don't realize and can't handle is that relationships are dynamic.
>>
the best relationships are with someone you love as a friend but theres something more

most people dont give a shit about that tho, all people want anymore is someone to take selfies with and materialism
>>
>>24727256
>the best relationships are with someone you love as a friend but theres something more

This.

If you already are good friends, love will at worst be a thing to cherish while it lasts, bittersweetly aware that it is going to diminish one day, but not letting it make you that fact less of each other.
>>
>>24727403
>not letting it make you that fact less of each other
*not letting it make you think less of each other
>>
>tfw thought i was in a loving relationship but she completely changed and went back to her ex who she left to be with me
>tfw she said she really did love me but didnt wanna see me anymore because we barely saw each other
>tfw she was the one who always bailed and never wanted me to go over or hangout with her friends
>tfw like a week later she told me about her fucking her ex/current bf after i said i still loved her
>tfw she got mad at me for being sad and feeling like she fucked me up
>tfw i cried for the first time since i was a kid and she just told me to fuck off
>tfw i was just fucking blind

love can be real OP, but just because its real doesnt mean its mutual

Id say dont waste your time, but thats just from my shitty experience, so just dont get your hopes too high with anyone
>>
>>24725280
As an ideal, sure, but it's rarely if ever unconditional in the romantic sense.

Usually there are other motivations for why relationships don't fall apart, e.g. fear of being alone, economic dependence, raising kids well.
>>
>>24725280
holy fuck what a qt waifu

id cum on her face if you catch my drift ;)
>>
File: Spooky Pepe.jpg (22 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
Spooky Pepe.jpg
22 KB, 331x334
>>24726012
Love is not something established on values, however you may define that word.

it chills me that people can speak of such spooks so earnestly
>>
>>24725280

Kek this chick is still in my skype list...
>>
>>24725280
No, "love" itself is a made up word and doesn't exist - nothing exists above a sexual attraction with people. All relationships go to shit after a while.
>>
>>24725280
One dude I know. 3 years long distance relationship. He seems happy.
I had a five year relationship. Also long distance. But honestly it was the greatest time I've ever had with another person.
>>
>>24725280
Not for me it doesn't. Not unless I get a cat.
>>
>>24728181
nice ;)

does she show off her knockers?
>>
>>24727905
>degenerate millennial subhumans still trying to deny emotions exist
>>
>>24728181
Why do you have her on skype?
>>
>>24728269
I doubt it, She's seems pretty pure. I don't even talk to her.

>>24728575
It was a joke at some point IIRC
>>
>>24728631
What's her skype then? This is an original comment
>>
>>24725280
is that a young larkin love?
>>
>>24725280
>Do you know anyone who's in a happy and healthy long-term relationship?

I am in one right now.
>>
> all your friends are married or engaged
> tfw you still stay at home every thursday, friday and saturday night
> tfy gonna kill self in 2 years
>>
I feel like love is hard because it can be so one sided. A woman my dump you if she finds something better. A woman might not unconditionally love you like you may; she might like what you bring to the table. Looks, status, wealth, a dominant personality. You may have to manipulate her and show her you can also do just as good or maybe better and that you're fine without her in order to keep her. Basic red pill shit which may or may not be true but holy shit. That doesn't sound like love.
Love, to me, should have your partner be your best friend, but more. You genuinely love each other for more for who you are. You enjoy being around each other. You never have to be paranoid of things going south quickly. And that seems impossible except for a lucky few who found their soulmates, which makes me sad. It doesn't feel like love.
>>
>>24728795
I hope you re not serious dawg
>>
>>24728735
crispy_chaos
It feels kinda wrong poting it here, but it's on her tumblr IIRC so I don't really feel that bad about it. Have fun trying to think up an excuse for why you added her...
>>
My nan and grandad have been together since they were in their teens, and they're both approaching 80 soon. I think lack of actual love is a modern thing.
>>
>>24725280
when does a relationship become long term?
>>
Does love exist as long as there are people who yearn for it, even if they never find it?
>>
>>24725778
this is v nice, underrated post
the rest of you are sad and kind of scary desu senpai
>>
Love is a long term lust that is also doomed to peter out at some point.
>>
>>24728544
>decrepit aged LE WRONG GENERATION faggots too stupid not to believe in spooks
>>
Long-lasting physical/emotional/sexual relationships are the exception, not the norm.

>>24729963
And it's the ultimate anguish that love disguises itself as lust and vice versa.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.