[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>slowly getting fat and not doing anything about it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1421668121019.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
1421668121019.png
23 KB, 489x423
>slowly getting fat and not doing anything about it
>>
>>24705661
Stop before it's too late, weight loss is a slow-ass process anon.
>>
>>24705661
If you have a smartphone, download an app called HabitRPG. I always keep it open in the background, if I don't do enough tasks it says I 'died' but if I do enough I level up and stuff. I set a bunch of my tasks to stuff like "Eat one healthy meal" and "Do ten pushups and twenty situps" and whatnot.

I also set one daily task to "talk to a friend," so if I don't talk to at least one non-family-member socially I lose a point.

>tfw set "waste time on the internet" to negative points, so now I'm losing points
>>
>>24705661
Sam senpai I was 170 a few months ago slowly going to 200. Hopefully don't get to 220
>>
I felt the same way. Decided to stop excessive drinking for good and replace it with lifting while eating like a rabbit, two weeks in and I feel and look much better already.
>>
File: 1334884610677.jpg (413 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1334884610677.jpg
413 KB, 1000x750
>got really fat and only did something about it this year
>it's too late
>>
>>24705973
Takes literally one year of dedicated work to turn from comically fat obese piece of shit to above average actual human being with noticeable muscles.
>>
>>24706026
Going from comically-obese to Chad takes a long time, but going from full landwhale to chubby-but-active can only take a few months if you're dedicated. Seen it happen.

"Chubby but active," I kind of mean the sort of thing Hollywood and Tumblr thinks a "fat guy" is, where they're still shaped like a human and you can imagine maybe Hugh Jackman's body is there, just underneath 10 or 15 pounds of flab. No idea what /fit/ queers would call that. Full landwhale is the "I have not exercised since Bush was in office, I do not know what vegetables taste like, and my car leans heavily to the driver's side even when I'm not in it" tier stuff.

(I actually do know a woman so fat that, within a few years, her car actually did start leaning noticeably to the driver's side even when it was empty. I can't imagine being so fat that you noticeably damage a vehicle's suspension.)
>>
>>24705661
5:2 diet even done badly works to keep putting more fat on, for me at least
>>
>>24706247
*keep from
it might give you brain damage though.
>>
>>24705661
>>24706247
Maybe I underestimate muh metabolism, but I'm skinny to the point where before I made it a goal in my life to gain weight (exercised consciously, bought foods specifically with the intent of weight-gain, etc.) people honestly thought I was unhealthy or undereating or something. I've been trying to put on pounds for years now - "I'm fat I should exercise" doesn't mean I want to lose weight, but that there's some body fat I could be converting to muscle for once - and I'm just now breaking into that "does not look unnaturally/dangerously skinny" point.

Even before this "get /fit/ faggot" thing, I didn't eat healthy for shit. Hot Pockets for breakfast, McDonalds for lunch, and pizza for dinner, soda and sugary fruit juice mostly (seriously didn't drink water at that point in my life). Even then and even when I tried, there was never a point in my life when I could inflate or bend my stomach in such a way that every rib was not visible.
>>
I'm started to get chubby also. It's not so bad but I'm 170 at 5"8"
Lucky for my I have a great body, so I don't look that chubby. I never really worked out much but I was a pretty thin highschooler and middle schooler. People thought I worked out. But now I've been depressed since I've moved to illinois. I wanna move back to colorado. I only came out here because my parents help me with college. I don't have a job currently but I'm really good at magic the gathering. So I've been making money doing that. But it's taking up all my free time so I can't really meet girls. I wanna start working out but I just have no motivation. I'm getting out of shape and I'm starting to feel it. I feel like I was blessed with decent looks and I'm wasting it. I'm wasting it because girls are shallow and boring. I've gone out of my way in the past to be friends and date girls. For the most part I always have to be the intresting funny one. They put in zero effort into trying to be intresting. It's like their entire life's they have had attention just because of their looks. But I also miss having sex, it's been two years. I'm gonna start working out tomorrow, every day I'll work out. Just so I can have chad looks . Then I can date a girl less hot than me, who is intresting and fun to talk to.
Maybe I'm getting ahead of my self.
>>
I've recently given up on bothering with counting calories. I've been trying all year to lose weight to no real success (because I love Little Debbie too much) so I've decided to stop stressing and just enjoy the holidays.

I'm only skinnyfat so I figure doing this won't push me over the edge, so to speak. I'll try to get back on track in the new year.
>>
File: 1356673294603.png (318 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1356673294603.png
318 KB, 623x527
>>24706177
>her car actually did start leaning noticeably to the driver's side even when it was empty
How the fuck does she even steer if she is that fat?
>>
i dont understand why people say it's so hard to lose weight. literally all you have to do is eat less, you don't even have to fucking exercise. it's just that people have no self control at all and gorge themselves every time they get slightly hungry.
>>
>>24706380
just letting you know that to fatties you're a lucky fuck
>>
>>24705813
Fucking hell anon I've been trying to get myself into doing this manually all the time but I slip up so much. Hopefully this app helps.
>>
>>24707519
Sometimes it's that they have no idea just how much food they are shoving in their face. I knew nothing about nutrition and I just fed myself when I was a kid. I also didn't realize that sugars and carbs are what end up making you feel like you're starving soon after eating.
It's only until I felt like I had something to live for that I seriously looked up all the info I could about eating and saw vegetables and lean meats will fill me up the most without making me feel like I need to stuff my face an hour or two later.
>>
File: bee_yourself.webm (324 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
bee_yourself.webm
324 KB, 512x512
>>24707519

>I don't understand why people say it's so hard to get a gf, literally all you have to do is talk to a girl
>>
>>24707519
when you're accustomed to eating well over 3000 calories a day, cutting down is pretty hard, especially since fattening junk food is not very filling. even then, if all they do is simply count calories, they'll probably just gain the weight back sooner or later. losing weight and keeping it off takes major changes to diet and lifestyle, changes most fat people can't or don't want to make.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.