[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me, /r9k/, why don't you just sell everything and start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hk[1].jpg (74 KB, 617x250) Image search: [Google]
hk[1].jpg
74 KB, 617x250
Tell me, /r9k/, why don't you just sell everything and start walking the earth? I mean, if you're depressed, if you're suicidal, if there's something wrong with your life, why not start anew?

You can finally take risks now -- with nothing that keeps the average person chained to their life, you're truly free to do everything you ever dreamed of.

You can move anywhere, travel to any country, experience any culture, meet anyone you want. You can become a completely new person, you can reinvent yourself, become a movie star, start a revolution, panhandle in Beijing or busk in Barcelona. Why are you still afraid of living?

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. -- Henry David Thoreau
>>
Man. Life is repetitive.

I've seen this thread 1,000 times on /r9k/, since 2008/9, but people post it like it's new. No matter how circumstances change, so the repetition continues. Cycles. Moon. Sun. Day. Night. Cu.ck. Fuck.
>>
Because all of that sounds stressful and needless. I have never been very adventurous outside of virtual worlds and that is compounded by laziness. I would rather dig myself a nice little niche for myself.

Perhaps stop being a NEET and go get an associates in something, do some self-teaching, move back east, get a 9-to-5 job, and come home and get comfy with some tea while watching some television; admiring the snow in the winter and sun in the summer.

I can live alone in my own little condo, no nagging wife or needy girlfriend to worry about, no need for communication outside of what's necessary for work, just living in my own little world doing just enough to get my needs and comforts met.
>>
>>24701359
>>I can live alone in my own little condo, no nagging wife or needy girlfriend to worry about, no need for communication outside of what's necessary for work, just living in my own little world doing just enough to get my needs and comforts met.
Doesn't sound like a life to me.
>>
>>24700989
i just want to play DND
>>
>travel to any country
Whos gonna pay the thousands of dollars for a plane ticket to europe? And how fucking long is a visitors visa good for

Yeah nah. I'm free to travel the US and only the US because I was born in the wrong side of the world.
>>
>Just sell all your shit, trap yourself in a country where you can't speak the language, where the people are highly xenophobic, and you have to beg to make a living brah :).
>Just trust me it works!

Come on nigger, don't be retarded. Not even considering that not many people have things of value to sell? Or passports?
>>
>>24701359

This sounds awesome and is what I plan to do.
>>
>>24701828
Batman did it.
>>
>>24700989
>sell all my stuff
>buy plane ticket to another country
>no money left
>trapped in country

Or alternatively
>start walking
>run out of money for food and hygiene

Now what?
>>
>>24702854
Food is cheap and you can get it for free, what hygiene do you need except washing yourself? Water is free. Talk to people, make friends, show off your skills, they'll let you work for them and do odd jobs to survive, that's how every kung fu master did it in the old days.
>>
>>24703433
Are there any subreddits related to this?
>>
>>24703433
>the old days

The world is no longer in "the old days", Anon.
>>
>>24701359
I want this but with neetbux, I only need like 12k a year to live in my area. I know it'll never happen though.
>>24701709
>Doesn't sound like a life to me.
>to me.
Yes, to you.
>>
>>24703433
>Talk to people, make friends, show off your skills, they'll let you work for them and do odd jobs to survive
>just B urself and become the happy hobo
You do realize that most of the people in here can't start a conversation in an enviroment like college or a job?
If they can't talk with someone that atleast will pretend to be nice to them, what makes you think that the'll talk to someone that will tell them to fuck off, shank them or call the cops on them?
>>
File: 1443437698362.png (132 KB, 342x427) Image search: [Google]
1443437698362.png
132 KB, 342x427
>>24700989

hey man, the thing thats always keep me going is the dream of sailing the ocean and discovering cool forgotten islands and shit

i read a lot of Lovecraft as well so that should be interesting.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.