[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>children get older >and Im getting older too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1442265886236.jpg (95 KB, 903x714) Image search: [Google]
1442265886236.jpg
95 KB, 903x714
>children get older
>and Im getting older too
>>
Well, I've been afraid of changing.
>>
>>24697588

The song actually inspired a super hero idea for me, the hero is a really over the top superman-boyscout-type. Flies around has various random and totally off the wall powers sometimes. The other heroes think he's really bizarre, powerful though. He kind of shows up at random too.

Turns out his "secret identity" is a little boy and the hero is actually the boys imaginary friend. The boy doesn't have a good home life, he sits in front of the T.V. watching super heroes fight on the news, rooting for his "friend" who he has no idea he's actually CONTROLLING, he's not a separate entity.As the boy grows older the hero reflects his personality and changes. He becomes darker and edgier when the kid is going through middle school and then becomes more hip and laid back when he goes through highschool.

Eventually the boy learns the hero was inside of him all along and the two merge and become one as an adult.... or the hero leaves. Haven't decided.

Anyways, Landslide is his theme song.
>>
>>24697834
That actually sounds like a decent idea. Work it out somehow before you blab it more and someone steals it
>>
>>24697834
When he becomes an adult and realizes he controls the hero, the hero starts to lose his powers.
>>
>>24697834
nice, man. where you from?
>>
File: 1206853140283.jpg (473 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1206853140283.jpg
473 KB, 1024x768
>>24697881

It's worked out a bit more, he's got a name but I'm not telling it because new names are hard to come by. I'll take that as a huge compliment. I've got my own super hero universe I've been working on. That hero was one of the first I've ever thought of but I thought of him first as a Marvel hero, when I was reading Civil War.

He rushes into the whole mess and tries to stop it, "STOP FIGHTING BE FRIENDS!" type of attitude. But he's insanely powerful so both sides have trouble with him and Tony obviously wanted him to register but he's a kid... a little kid. So it brings up ethical issues.

BBBBUUUTTTTT that probably won't happen so I'm going to fit him into my own original universe. However, do you see how the song relates to the concept. Not to tote my horn but this is some Pixar tear jerking stuff I'm writing.
>>
File: 1208059600062.jpg (256 KB, 1601x1201) Image search: [Google]
1208059600062.jpg
256 KB, 1601x1201
>>24697921

Actually I was just thinking about that. Instead of becoming more powerful over time, he becomes less physically powerful and more mentally powerful. Starts out as Superman, ends up like Batman.

Because the source of the power is that it's the living embodiment of a childs imagination, which is the most powerful force in the world sometimes. But as we grow older we lose that imagination, or narrow it and hone it down.

It's also an allegory for self-reliance. He becomes less reliant on external powers as he matures. Like we all do.

His powers reflect his maturity state. And weakness too. In the beginning his kyptonite is "coodies" so he avoids girls a lot. When he's an edgy street villain as a teenager, coodies are a power source. But he's having trouble getting them.
>>
>>24697979

Living in Louisiana now, why?
>>
Sorry to hijack your thread OP.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.