[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
started working at 7 am. just got home. spent the last 12 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
started working at 7 am.
just got home. spent the last 12 hours messing with excel files.

I'm so tired. I want to die. I will buy a gun soon and shoot myself
>>
File: saitaman.png (280 KB, 600x352) Image search: [Google]
saitaman.png
280 KB, 600x352
>>24696397
>just got home. spent the last 12 hours messing with excel files.
I can guarantee you that whatever task you were doing could be automated and done in 2 minutes
>>
>>24696397

I start work at 6 am every day in an office that looks almost exactly like your pic (but with modern equipment of course).

It's terrible, and I'm exhausted at the end of the day and feel like I've done nothing all day. I've been forcing myself to go to the gym and eat right because it makes me feel like I'm dying.

I'm just going to save up as much as I can for the next six months and then move somewhere and try and figure out what I want to do with my life...

Good luck fellow officebot.
>>
>>24696520
>n an office that looks almost exactly like your pic (but with modern equipment of course).

At least you get cubicles. I've worked in an open plan which seems to be more of a thing these days and it was horrible.
>>
>>24696470
my last supervisor tried to find a way to automate it and gave up. i'm not sure it can be done. it's complicated and I'm too tired to explain

>>24696520
we had cubicles but they got rid of them 5 years ago. I don't think anyone uses them anymore
>>
>>24696612
Does it have anything to do with rearranging data?
Does it have to do with breaking tables down/ normalization?
If you can describe the steps you took and find some consistencies in the steps/ name all exceptions, then it can be coded
If you have to continue it tomorrow someone on here could probably write you a macro
>>
I really don't know how people do this sort of stuff day in day out for decades.

I'm kind of in awe of the people who manage too.
>>
>>24696696
rearranging and uploading the data takes maybe an hour at most and yes we do use macros, verifying the information is the problem. we have to do it manually.
>>
>>24697080
What is the verification process like?
Are you verifying records with paper records or something
>>
>>24696397
Change jobs dickhead.
>>
>>24697214
yeah we have to check scanned documents and re type it if it doesn't match. every excel row takes me about 30-40 seconds
>>
>>24696397
Can I have your tv and/or video games?
>>
>>24697307
Were the paper records scanned through any system and uploaded?
Are you error checking data entry other people have previously done?
>>
>>24696721
Same... Like.. How?

I can't even finish vidya for the most part.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 409x409
And you have to do it all again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day...
>>
Had a job working 10 hours a day doing proofreading on a computer in an open plan office.

Came home and got drunk every night. No energy for exercise. Mood plummeted.

Quit.
>>
File: 1444562575046.png (146 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
1444562575046.png
146 KB, 800x520
good goy, very good goys

now watch some of our tv programs, go to sleep, and come back to work. profits profits profits!
>>
>>24697365
Yeah they're just pictures.

no, we only check for errors when something goes wrong
>>
>>24697467
I meant is there a program which transfers the rasterized image (picture/ scan) into usable data (text, numbers) on the computer, and then sends it to some kind of database record entry?
Or is your entire "database" just... pictures
>>
>>24696397
This is what for passes for neetkek bait these days

0/10, see me after class.
>>
>>24697534
I didn't know programs like that existed. I'm guessing they tried it and weren't happy with the results.
>>
If excel fags, what are your job titles?
>>
>>24697728
>I'm guessing they tried it and weren't happy with the results.
Or they didn't know how to use it correctly.
Regardless, since the images are saved as files somewhere, looking into free image to text software might be viable.
Well, I wouldn't get carried away; no idea what the size of that company is or how large the database is. If it isn't too big it's sometimes better off doing the brute force route.
>>
>>24696397
capitalism requires losers to function
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.