[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"You're putting too much premium on physical appearances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 25
File: 1FtA17Z.jpg (89 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1FtA17Z.jpg
89 KB, 500x706
>"You're putting too much premium on physical appearances anon. So what if you're short, or fat, or a neckbeard, personalities are waaay more important than looks."
>>
>>24686918
I know you're b8ting but this shit happens way too many times.

>rich girl telling people that money is not important
>good looking girl telling people that looks are not important
>point out that fact
>"OMG U DON'T KNOW ME"
>>
File: normie logic.png (177 KB, 1100x950) Image search: [Google]
normie logic.png
177 KB, 1100x950
When a man doesn't experience romance or sexual intimacy at the age when he is supposed to, an inferiority complex will develop.

Normies in their infinite wisdom advise these unattractive men to behave as though they already have the experience of these endeavors, as though men don't need a learning experience to become more emotionally intelligent. You can't fake these traits fully or for long, you simply don't have the sense of how to behave from past experience. Telling someone "stop being so desperate," is nonsensical in the sense that you expect such a person to to immediately realize how their behavior is flawed and how to respond accordingly. Normies can't even empathize with such a person, as they never were in such a situation to become desperate. Telling someone to "be yourself," is also a defeating strategy. If a man could attract someone by not altering his behavior in any way, he wouldn't have a problem in the first place; it also implies that the man's concern is a matter of impatience, that he hasn't waited long enough for a girl to be naturally attracted to him. Telling a man that he's ignoring the women that are already attracted to him is even worse, how can a man whose never had experience in an intimate or sexual sense recognize those kinds of displays unless they were blatant?

Simply put, a virginal man is expected to know all about how relationships work and be emotionally secure enough to form a healthy one. Because, as we all know, all sexual relationships are healthy and formed with good people.
>>
File: bee urself.webm (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bee urself.webm
526 KB, 1920x1080
>Manlet approaches a 1000 women over the course of 4-5 years
>Rejected each time, yet isn't discouraged
>Recounts his situation on reddit on a sub for sympathy and advice
>Gets brigaded to the point of being banned for being "a desperate creep"
https://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comments/3n7zqs/as_of_today_i_have_been_rejected_1000_times/?sort=top

Top comments:
>desperation is a stinky cologne, and people can't smell their own

>Nobody wants to date the guy that asks a girl out almost every single day for three years!

>Dude you're a creep. Learn how to make people feel comfortable around you (ladies and gentlemen) and then you might have a chance to connect with someone before your creepy vibe sends them running for the hills. Relationships are built one step at a time, and if you try to run toward the top of the stairwell without doing the lower ones first it's no longer a step, but a wall you're running into.

>A girlfriend isn't something you "get." Love is not something you find. You can't go looking for these things like you're going to a grocery store. These are events. These are things that happen over the course of time.

>Female here. Based on what you've said I would steer clear of you if I knew you and was single. Desperation is really unattractive.
>>
>>24687647
>You're getting downvoted by her and by other women because many, many women don't really like to admit that they are as looks-oriented as men are. Don't pay attention to them. And don't listen to this nonsense that you are desperate for having asked 1000 women.

>What were you supposed to do? Ask one girl out, get rejected, then wait 1 year until you approached another woman because you are obliged to have that strong emotional and physical connection with someone before you develop a sexual interest in them?

>Good for you that you went at it and asked women again. And remember. There are men out there who are highly attractive and will sleep with anyone, but no one will ever talk shit about them, because they are hot. The only reason people here are hating you is because they don't like to be approached by short/ugly men.

straight up
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 590x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 590x640
>>24687647
>"I got friendzoned." "Whatever dude, you were just too afraid to tell her what you thought, and she assumed you were just a friend. Your fault."

>"I've approached dozens of women and everyone of them turned me down!" "Woah there Barney Stinson! No way you were actually attracted to them all. Shouldn't you get to know them, become their friend, identify their unique inner beauty?"

>"I'm only ever attracted to/approach a small portion of women I click with, but nothing has worked out." "Come on man, dating is a numbers game, just start talking to people. Ask them out for the hell of it without hanging your self worth on the answer. Or maybe just hang out with them, get to know them. You'll improve eventually, and one of them is bound to say yes."
>>
File: Reddit btfo.png (55 KB, 910x584) Image search: [Google]
Reddit btfo.png
55 KB, 910x584
>>24687647
>>24687693
>Cunts getting btfo in the comments
This post is a goldmine
>>
>>24687647
and they wonder why men snap and kill others
>>
a woman saying no is the most fundamental rejection in existence. When a girl says she doesn't want to fuck you, she is judging your genetics and saying they are unworthy of being passed down due to their low quality. If you get rejected by a lot of women, it means you are genetic garbage. This is why I plan to get jaw surgery soon.
>>
>>24687802
Holy shit this is why women should never know what men actually think of them.
And yes ALL men think in a similar manner along those lines about women.

Its not so much that women are things, it is LITERALLY a numbers game
Women can not into math
>>
>>24686918
True. You can look like a Chad, but if you don't act like one people will still treat you like shit.
A less smelly and ugly shit, but a shit none the less
>>
File: image.png (170 KB, 396x377) Image search: [Google]
image.png
170 KB, 396x377
>>24687514
>the only healthy desires to form a relationship with a woman is sex and hedonism
Gee, who could be behind this?
>>
>>24687514
>When a man doesn't experience romance or sexual intimacy at the age when he is supposed to, an inferiority complex will develop.
I feel like this is only a thing normies and betas have

I have no inferiority complex since I don't find finding a roastie to be with you to be actually something you should work for. It's not important, she'll only slow you down

Only insecure normies bow down to peer pressure and become 9-5 wageslaves married to roasties who cheat on them.
>>
>>24688265
>True. You can look like a Chad, but if you don't act like one people will still treat you like shit.

You can literally act like a raging autist yet people would still suck your dick as a Chad.
>>
File: jews.jpg (346 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
jews.jpg
346 KB, 533x800
>>24688284
this is you (pic related)
>>
File: Cucked.png (352 KB, 445x475) Image search: [Google]
Cucked.png
352 KB, 445x475
>>24688353
>pic related. it's u
a kuck
>>
I like it how being a neckbear is something that you guys pretend can't be changed. Fucking shave you stupid caveman. it ain't complicated, and if you think it is go to youtube and watch a video on proper shaving.

If you're fat and don't like it you can change that too. sure it takes a lot longer than a hot shave but bitching and crying ain't gonna drop those pounds tubby.
>>
File: a;c,;la,.jpg (233 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
a;c,;la,.jpg
233 KB, 2000x1000
>Meet girl
>She gives me her tumblr
>She acts a lot like my ex
>Fall in love within minutes

I'm fucked, buds.
>>
>>24688497
And how do you solve being a manlet? How do you solve being ugly?
>>
>>24688497
>every unsuccessful man has le neckbeard XD #FuckNurds
>>
>>24688284
>blaming muh jewish boogeyman for your own shitty mindset.

kekkerino goyim.
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 374x1003) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 374x1003
>>24687514
Have you ever wondered why lonely men are demonized? It's the Just-World fallacy.

The reality of modern dating can't be the way it is because if it did, that means manipulative assholes who think women are inferior are getting laid. And any self-professed nice guy who complains about having woman problems must not really be nice and must actually be a manipulative and entitled ass. Because if he were actually nice, it means that genuinely nice guys aren't getting laid.

So we see this veil of arguments: PUA doesn't work -- it's all made up lies and stories by losers on the internet. In the few cases it does work, those women are damaged, but it doesn't work on real, normal women. And in the few cases it does, it's all through lies and deception and manipulation and trickery. And in any other cases, it's rape.

And any time any guy complains that he had woman problems when he tried things the normal, conventional, friendly, nice guy way, it's because he's unwashed and hideous and unrealistically expects to succeed without taking the time to look good and learn basic social skills. But if he's not like that, then it's because he's only approaching super-models instead of realistic average women. But if it's not that, then it's because he's actually desperate and sending out invisible desperation signals and turning women off. But if it's not that, it's because he's actually an entitled misogynist and is sending out invisible entitlement signals and turning women off. But if it's not that, he's probably raping people.

And, as we all know, women are intuitive and can sense these things about men;if you're rejected its a defect on your part.
>>
>>24687647
>>24687647

>BRACE YOURSELVES

This one is gonna sting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYNAZxcWh4
>>
>>24688632
the fuck? I never said that at all or even implied it. I was saying that if you have a neckbear and hate it then fucking shave, its as simple as that. your shitposting is just awful.
>>
>>24687802
>>24687647
>>24687693
>>24687717

>robots, in their haste to btfo roasties ignored that an ugly guy is getting girls just fine

Kind of defeats the central premise of this board.
>>
>>24688681

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcvHSmF28qc&app=desktop
>>
>>24688679
> And any self-professed nice guy who complains about having woman problems must not really be nice and must actually be a manipulative and entitled ass

That's less the Just-world fallacy and more the fact that people who describe themselves as nice in dating rarely are. The whole notion of "genuinely nice" doesn't hinge on whether you're being reciprocated.

Otherwise, spot on.
>>
>>24688713
he's the exception not the rule
most of these robots are fucked m8

>inb4 why are you here
Confidence booster. I'm normie but also a manlet.
>>
>>24688679
That pic you posted conflates attractive traits with morally sound traits. Desperation, emotional insecurity and neediness aren't necessarily bad traits morally, but they're definitely unattractive ones.
>>
>>24688749
Eh, that's debatable. He's not common among robots, but that's not because of some passive quality outside his control.

>most of these robots are fucked m8

agreed. partly because of themselves.
>>
>>24688712
You actually think like that normie, don't try to hide it, you love to judge people based on stereotypes

>>24688713
>robots, in their haste to btfo roasties ignored that an ugly guy is getting girls just fine
What?
>>
>>24688786
Half this board is robots crying about how their race, height, looks, etc. is an insurmountable barrier between them and girls. Y'know, the old external locus of control deal.
>>
>>24686918
>"You're putting too much premium on raw intellect anon. So what if you've dropped out of high school, or can't do arithmetics, or don't remember what you did last year, movitation and effort are waaay more important than IQ."

Every robot ever, including OP.

Fuck your hypocrisy.
>>
>>24688811
It's funny because this (>>24687647) actually confirms the platitude OP is trying to make fun of.
>>
>>24688809

You have to have proof that internal locus of control is a thing that works for you before you can believe it.

When the world doesn't want you in it, of course your locus of control is external, because EVERYTHING relies on other people wanting you
>>
>>24688811
>falling for the intellect meme

Women literally don't give a shit about it. You could be a drooling retard barely able to string a sentence together, you'd have more change than someone a point or two lower than you in physical attractiveness.
>>
>>24688809
Oh right because nobody cares if you are an ugly short man, yeah appearance doesn't matter AT ALL.
>>24688843
No you're wrong you only need to be yourself a little harder
>>
>>24688811
Care to explain your point?
>>
File: 1433035293388.jpg (152 KB, 767x486) Image search: [Google]
1433035293388.jpg
152 KB, 767x486
>>24687647

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these:

/r9k/ was right again.
>>
>>24688843
>You have to have proof that internal locus of control is a thing that works for you before you can believe it.

Yep, but to most people here won't do that, or dismiss any advice to progress that way with "hurr jus be urself" or somesuch nonsense. Most people here are in a self reinforced feedback loop.

>EVERYTHING relies on other people wanting you

Not really. For dating, kind of. There's plenty of things you can take part in w/o widespread acceptance from normies or w/e.
>>
>>24688860
>Oh right because nobody cares if you are an ugly short man, yeah appearance doesn't matter AT ALL.

Tell me where I said that. I'll wait.

If you're done beating up that strawman, you might be able to actually understand what's being said: appearance does matter, and it does affect how easy you have it, but it isn't the impossible obstacle robots make it out to be.
>>
>>24688892
>Yep, but to most people here won't do that, or dismiss any advice to progress that way with "hurr jus be urself" or somesuch nonsense. Most people here are in a self reinforced feedback loop.

Most of the advice is garbage and tailored towards how normal people think, and also doesn't conflate with things we've seen with our own two eyes.
>>
>>24688785
Agreed.

I tend to sympathize, because I think I was on this path when I was a kid...but luckily I had a few good friends who helped me grow out of it before it was too late.

>if it wasn't for them, i might've been orbiting Stacy right now
>>
File: x1SkLtE.png (31 KB, 734x1472) Image search: [Google]
x1SkLtE.png
31 KB, 734x1472
>>24688892
>Yep, but to most people here won't do that, or dismiss any advice to progress that way with "hurr jus be urself" or somesuch nonsense. Most people here are in a self reinforced feedback loop.
>Dude just become confident by smoking weed LMAO
>just stop caring
>just get friends

>>24688935
Yeah you're right you compensate but being ugly isn't the only flaw this people have and you refuse to see it, bet you think everyone here is a bitter fuck that kicks puppies and steals from hobos

>>24688953
>friends
That's all that matters
>>
>>24688935
Technically it IS impossible. Sure you might be able to compensate a little, but there are really no ways to change things like height/bone structure/skin color, etc.
>>
>>24688953
>Most of the advice is garbage

Such as? Most general "get your shit together" advice tends to be sound, if a bit vague at first.

> doesn't conflate with things we've seen with our own two eyes.

Eh, there's a whole bunch of personal bias and judgement confounding factors like that make that approach tricky.

>>24688959
I sympathize with the ones that try, however unsuccessfully. A few robots figure out the whole system they've gotten themselves into is poison, and try to escape. A lot don't.

A few different life events and either of us could be in that situation right now.
>>
>>24689050
Get out you patronizing shit
>>
>>24689050

>Such as? Most general "get your shit together" advice tends to be sound, if a bit vague at first.

"Getting your shit together" just for the sake of hopefully opening up a woman's legs will either wreck you further when it doesn't, or put that locus of control on someone else.You also have to suppress robothood in order to get it done, which that stuff never stays down for long because most of it is a core part of robots.

>Eh, there's a whole bunch of personal bias and judgement confounding factors like that make that approach tricky.

Chads get positive reinforcement for doing things, anti-Chads get negative reinforcement for doing the same things
>>
>>24688998
>Dude just become confident by smoking weed LMAO
>just stop caring
>just get friends

Again, tell me where I said any of that.

>>24688998
>Yeah you're right you compensate but being ugly isn't the only flaw this people have and you refuse to see it.

Physical flaws (appearance, height, ethnicity, etc.) are one of the most common excuses used by robots. In other cases, it might not be physical flaws, but some other factor outside their control, which they claim has denied them any chance of happiness. The next common things that get brought up is their upbringing, or their income.

>bet you think everyone here is a bitter fuck that kicks puppies and steals from hobos

No, but since you like putting words in peoples' mouths, believe what you want.

>>24688999
>there are really no ways to change things like height/bone structure/skin color, etc.

And that's besides the point. When I claimed it wasn't impossible, what the 'it' was referring to is being able to get girls. You might not be able to change your appearance, but that's not the be all, end all for guys.
>>
>>24689084
>reeeeeeee
el oh el

>>24689119
>"Getting your shit together" just for the sake of hopefully opening up a woman's legs will either wreck you further when it doesn't, or put that locus of control on someone else

Agreed. You shouldn't be doing it for the purpose of getting into a wet hole.

>You also have to suppress robothood in order to get it done, which that stuff never stays down for long because most of it is a core part of robots.

Could you define robothood in this context? Lot of conflicting ideas of what that means.

>Chads get positive reinforcement for doing things, anti-Chads get negative reinforcement for doing the same things

Guess we're going to have to define what "Chad' is as well.
>>
>>24689126
>Again, tell me where I said any of that.
Is the usual advice i was goving you an example

>No, but since you like putting words in peoples' mouths, believe what you want.
Describing the average normie sentiment towards robots, FAs and other incels, they do think that incels are evil beings
>>
>>24689158

Chad is the top of the social ladder. There is something about Chad that lets him get away with things even average men can't, and allows him access to more women than normal.

Robots are the bottom of the social ladder. There is something about them that disallows them much if any leeway in social contexts. Women would rather be single cat-ladies than be with a robot.
>>
>>24688811
I've seen literal retarded chads dating 10/10 qtpies
>>
>>24689175
>Is the usual advice i was goving you an example

Again. Where. Did. I. Say. That.

>Describing the average normie sentiment towards robots, FAs and other incels, they do think that incels are evil beings

Nowhere in any of what I posted have i claimed any of that. Again, you're strawmanning hardcore, and refusing to actually address anything I'm actually posting.

>>24689180
What's that 'something', then? It's intellectually disingenous to broadly categorize people like that, and then mystify their distinguishing traits.
>>
>>24689245
>What's that 'something', then? It's intellectually disingenous to broadly categorize people like that, and then mystify their distinguishing traits.

It's a wide number of possibles things. "Game" or really, manipulative social skills. Dominance. Money or access to resources. Social proof. Physical attractiveness.
>>
>>24689268
Most of those, barring part of physical appearance, aren't static, and are subject to change.

Then were you claiming a robot is defined by an absence of those features, or the presence of other 'bad' traits?
>>
>>24689336
Robots don't have good traits in the eyes of society, Chad has more than one good trait so all his flaws become invisble to other people.
To make it more understandable
Robot = 99.99% bad 0.01% "good"
Chad =100% good
>>
>>24689336

Most of those things aren't static, but there's a point where you're too far behind in them to be considered worth much of anything

A robot would be the antithesis of those traits. The opposite of who is really good at manipulating women emotionally would be someone who's autistic and can't otherwise read emotions
>>
>>24689534

So basically your saying
>its not my fault that I am not happy, society is the problem

Gonna have to disagree m8.

I'm 5'6 (lord of the manlets) and I have a qt3.14 girlfriend.
Yeah i had to work a lot harder than "Chad" did for his slampiece, but I don't blame society or Chad for that.

The world isn't fair, deal with it and make the best out of what you've got.
>or continue feeling sorry for yourself forever

In the end... you, me, Chad, and Stacy are all going to end up the same way.
>>
>>24689534
Then what Chad and Robots are is situational, and dependent upon context. It's not as fixed as this board makes it out to be.

>>24689570
> a point where you're too far behind in them to be considered worth much of anything

But is that point a point of no return, and why?

And with the social awareness analogy; isn't that something that can be learned and adapted to?
>>
File: image.png (25 KB, 944x312) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25 KB, 944x312
>>24689245
>What's that something then?
>What is the Halo Effect?
You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't say appearance and personality matter (both are things determined by birth and upbringing) and then say that it's a matter of personal effort to change. You won't acknowledge that some people are truly hopeless because it would destroy your argument pinning our lack of success on ourselves.>>>>>>24688679

>>24689158
>you shouldn't be doing it for the sake of opening a wet hole
Isn't this a contradiction? If someone is unfulfilled because they're sexually frustrated, they shouldn't try to improve themselves because they want sex? This is a Catch-22 only normies can say without irony: "Just stop worrying about sex and it'll happen" because it removes the agency of the man while shaking his desires.
>>
>>24689686
How many guys has your girlfriend slept with before you?

I'm 5'4, and haven't exactly asked out 1000 girls like in that reddit thread, but I have asked out a fair few, and I've seen how I'm treated by girl "friends" and I have absolutely no chance.

I'm fine to be friends with them but they try take advantage of me and so after a while I stop talking to them. Most of them have brought up my height in a negative way, also, before I thought it was an issue.
>>
>>24689753
>You can't say appearance and personality matter (both are things determined by birth and upbringing) and then say that it's a matter of personal effort to change.

Yes. Yes you can. You can recognize that a factor matters, but still see that it doesn't wholly determine success (at least for males). It's not a simple binary

>Isn't this a contradiction?

No, not really.

>If someone is unfulfilled because they're sexually frustrated, they shouldn't try to improve themselves because they want sex?

That's making the specious assumption that the sexual frustration is causal to the unfulfillment.

> "Just stop worrying about sex and it'll happen" because it removes the agency of the man while shaking his desires.

Never said that. It's more appropriate to say "stop placing sex as the primary focus of one's life, as doing so is self defeating".
>>
>>24688892
The feedback is the result of a lifetime filled with shit, when somebody tells you that life isn't shit you can tell that the person has stopped talking to you, they are talking to themselves.

>>24689126
So robots are normal but they make themselves not normies according to you? Please comfirm
>>24689686
Feeding more normie feel good bullshit only helps you, as for the wah wah is not my fault comment i can only say this: it is me and all my fault but it doesn't matter in the end because you are too far behind, nobody is ever going to take an incel seriously.

>>24689711
Most "loners" turned Chads had wide social circles and people liked them but they weren't phisically attractive, people here are unlikable people and they know it.
Now dismiss everything i said
>>
>>24689711
>But is that point a point of no return, and why?

>And with the social awareness analogy; isn't that something that can be learned and adapted to?

It's a point of no return because it becomes the equivalent of climbing a sheer cliff when everyone else is already farther up the mountain than you are. There's an off-chance that you have a secret aptitude for climbing that you can find, but there's a far greater chance that you're just not going to catch up

Assuming a robot even wants to. Dominance as an example, I hate having to exert it because it means someone, somewhere did something stupid and now I have to take responsibility for it. No thanks.
>>
>>24689896
>>Yep, but to most people here won't do that, or dismiss any advice to progress that way with "hurr jus be urself" or somesuch nonsense. Most people here are in a self reinforced feedback loop.

That's ignoring the complicity of the individual to reinforce their own behaviors. Hugboxes like these (and their polar opposites: tumblr) are examples of that.

>So robots are normal but they make themselves not normies according to you? Please comfirm

Where did you get that?

> people here are unlikable people and they know it.

And then you'll have to explain what's behind their being unlikable if you want to defend it as a static, unchangeable trait.
>>
File: 1445446449759.jpg (68 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1445446449759.jpg
68 KB, 668x712
>>24687514
>tfw savior fantasy
>>
>>24689962
>And then you'll have to explain what's behind their being unlikable if you want to defend it as a static, unchangeable trait.

Because they don't want to be the alternative. The alternative has mistreated them, is vapid and shallow, and soul-crushingly boring. You'll feel a little bit of yourself die every time you pretend to be one of them, and it's all for their sake that you do instead of doing it for yourself
>>
>>24687514

Astute observations, brother.
>>
>>24688060

I would look into functional orthodontics before necessarily going for jaw surgery.

There can be serious complications from jaw surgery.
>>
>>24690001
>Because they don't want to be the alternative

The fact that they greatly envy and idealize that alternative would indicate otherwise.

>all for their sake that you do instead of doing it for yourself

But isn't being successful in manipulating others and getting what you want out of them for your sake, and not theirs?

I get that the notion of opting out is there, but I rarely see it adopted fully. There's a lot of claims that many robots opted out, but a lot of them aren't willing to accept the consequences of such an action, or continue to bemoan the reality of social dynamics and the like.
>>
>>24689962
>And then you'll have to explain what's behind their being unlikable if you want to defend it as a static, unchangeable trait.
They don't have any social capitsl, they have very limited experiences, they hate themselves, they know people don't give two shits about them, they can't relate to the easy-going good-feeling normie lifestyle, they have some kind of social disability(stuttering, mumbling, awkard eye contact, monotone voice,...etc), they refuse to accept pity from normies and worst of all is the fact that they don't care about themselves
Normies judge this shit and label you so you become the "weird" kid or some variation of "creepy"
>>
>>24690084

>The fact that they greatly envy and idealize that alternative would indicate otherwise.

They want what the alternative has, not to be what the alternative is

>But isn't being successful in manipulating others and getting what you want out of them for your sake, and not theirs?

No, because it ultimately doesn't give a robot what they want, it's just the only way to get a facsimile of what they want.
>>
File: Personality lol.png (20 KB, 432x330) Image search: [Google]
Personality lol.png
20 KB, 432x330
>>24686918

>personalities are waaay more important than looks

Too bad your looks influence people's perception of your personality :^)
>>
>>24690139
Then what does the alternative have, that they don't? And what do they 'really' want?
>>
>>24690296
>Then what does the alternative have, that they don't?
Friends, lovers, purpose, happiness and fulfillment.
>>
>>24690296
>Then what does the alternative have, that they don't? And what do they 'really' want?

To be socially accepted, especially by women, just as they are
>>
>>24687514
who /lovefantasy/ here
>>
It's okay to give up.
>>
File: 1445990103440.png (160 KB, 748x1036) Image search: [Google]
1445990103440.png
160 KB, 748x1036
>2015
>not becoming a sociopath
when will you roaches ever learn
>>
>>24686918
Probably true. I know an absolute assburger neckbeard dude, who has a cute german-korean girlfriend. He's not rich (his girlfriend has to buy him clothes and even electronics) He is a 3/10, she is a solid 7.5/10, so personality is actually an important thing, or he is some kind of a retarded alpha male.
>>
>>24689851
>Never said that. It's more appropriate to say "stop placing sex as the primary focus of one's life, as doing so is self defeating".
it's not sex so much as love. i want a gf it's the only thing i feel like is missing in my life. what the fuck else is there to care about? what should i focus on? i lift, eat healthy, work. self improvement doesn't give me any joy if i dont get something out of it. if i had a million dollars fall into my lap i don't even know what i would get. a house to fap alone in? a nice car to drive to the grocery store in style? a fancy suit to gather dust in my closet?

i would probably just end up ODing on drugs or getting myself a golddigger that will kek me
>>
File: Brandon Cuckface.jpg (8 KB, 183x182) Image search: [Google]
Brandon Cuckface.jpg
8 KB, 183x182
>>24686918
how the fuck do you even get hair like that? do you have to straighten it?
>>
>>24690864
You're the exact same as me. The rest of my life is going fairly well, but without gf (someone to love) it means nothing. I am making good money and only spend 2% of it on an Xbox game every so often, and petrol (gas in America).

Being a virgin sucks, never having had a girl not like you enough to want to have sex with you sucks, but it doesn't suck nearly as much as not having someone to love and deeply care about.

It's not possible now though, anyway. All women are complete degenerate whores and I simply couldn't like someone like that. Seriously have no reason to live.
>>
File: soi6ekahhd.png (183 KB, 900x1156) Image search: [Google]
soi6ekahhd.png
183 KB, 900x1156
>>24689851
>Yes. Yes you can. You can recognize that a factor matters,
but still see that it doesn't wholly determine success (at least
for males). It's not a simple binary
Guess pic related should start working on himself because his looks aren't the only reason why he's unsuccessful, right? The truth is that there are many
factors and it is binary.

For a man to be considered attractive, he has to meet these criteria:

Physical: As you said before, appearance does matter. The face
is the most important completely contingent on genetics, short of
massive facial reconstructive surgery. You can control your fashion and your physique, but your face is the deal-maker.

Social: Women do not want a socially isolated person because they have no social proof. Women don't make new friends. They just do everything with their
current circle of friends. If they do make a new friend, it's through other people they know. Women don't seek out friends or talk to strangers. They just end
up being friends with whoever they work with or go to school with or wherever else their circumstances put them. Women absolutely, positively, cannot bear social rejection. Women seek out men who are social dynamos because these men take the risk for them. A woman can cling to his arm as he goes around being social, and she can strike up conversations with his social connections, risk-free, because he's already taken the risk for her.

Fulfillment: Women want a man that can make them feel good be it
through sex, symbiotic personalities, etc. This is why even serial killers have legions of women sympathizers, because they evoke those pleasurable
feelings.

If you don't meet the standards that each woman has in these categories, you will be rejected. The exception being that you have enough value in the other criteria to compensate. For pic related to be attractive, he'd either have to
have a cult-like following, or have a net worth in the millions. For the average person, this is impossible.
>>
File: Kafkaesque.png (49 KB, 888x458) Image search: [Google]
Kafkaesque.png
49 KB, 888x458
>>24688679
I also find it interesting that people invoke the masculine quality of self-improvement, yet deny the masculine desire of sex.

If a man wants sex, then it's never truly about sex as the image in >>24687514 indicates. What you really want is validation, or companionship, or wish-fulfillment, etc... as though wanting sex isn't a fully valid desire in its own right.

>>24689851
>That's making the specious assumption that the sexual frustration is causal to the unfulfillment.
If you were a rich, socially relevant man who was somehow ignored by women sexually, would that not bother you? More than half the people who go to Harvard are virgins (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hdCa-cU8V-IJ:www.newsweek.com/58-harvard-came-school-virgins-quarter-leave-way-336847+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us), they can't be all unhappy losers can they? For some, it's literally easier to get into one of the most prestigious schools in the world than have an intimate connection with someone of the opposite sex... Are you saying that these people shouldn't contemplate why that is?

>"stop placing sex as the primary focus of one's life, as doing so is self defeating"
It's funny that men always have to compromise sexually to achieve happiness. It's just another way to tell someone that they should just accept their lot in life sexually and don't complain.
>>
>>24693337
>For some, it's literally easier to get into one of the most prestigious schools in the world than have an intimate connection with someone of the opposite sex... Are you saying that these people shouldn't contemplate why that is?
It's because you get into Harvard because you have rich parents. This doesn't fix your spergy character, if anything you become an obnoxious insane retard like Rodgers. Money only helps if you have a normal character already (or if you're a sociopath who doesn't give a shit).
>>
>>24686918
>short,
>dress accordingly to make yourself look taller
> or fat,
>lose weight
>or a neckbeard
>Shave beard and get a decent haircut
You have a problem?You solve it, easy as that.
>>
File: Wat-Meme-07.jpg (76 KB, 768x762) Image search: [Google]
Wat-Meme-07.jpg
76 KB, 768x762
>>24686918
Hey, robots, yeah, the two of ya up in the SLAC Lab, look behind you
>>
>>24693733
Do you think that someone has to be an autist/neckbeard stereotype to not get laid? That, of the 441 people who admitted they were virgins, have the same defects in character that Elliot Rodgers had? If you do, then you're the one who's in denial, becuase it's literally unfathomable to you that you can be a good person every sense of the word and still be sexually frustrated. >>24688679
>>
>>24694058
No, I understand that you can, I'm just saying that money doesn't really help unless you go full sociopath and do a Dan Bilzerian or whatever.
>>
>>24694050
Just about ready to give up on you robots
>>
File: wtf.jpg (39 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
39 KB, 600x800
>>24693776
>>dress accordingly to make yourself look taller

That would only work if you weren't standing next to anyone you fucking autist.
>>
>>24686918
They're right to an extent. Do you really believe that everyone with a gf is Chad? Because they're not. There are plenty of people subpar in those respects with girlfriends.

>B-but they're all getting keked!
Come on anon.

Personality is important. A woman is going to want a guy who's somewhat interesting, with actual hobbies (i.e., not just video games and anime) and passions (i.e., not pornography), otherwise even simple conversation would be difficult with nothing to talk about and you constantly boring her.
>>
>>24694330
>Do you really believe that everyone with a gf is Chad?

No, but she's just settling for him, he's a consolation prize whom she doesn't really give a shit about.

>Personality is important.

Personality is a meme, life isn't a disney movie kid.
>>
File: justworldfallacy.png (43 KB, 1876x248) Image search: [Google]
justworldfallacy.png
43 KB, 1876x248
>>24694330
>Personality is important.

Wrong.
Your perceived personality is directly influenced by your looks.
If you take someone that's good looking and have them do nothing but say "yup, mhm, yeah, sure, okay" in response to a conversation, they'll come off as "confident" and having "good delivery."
If you take someone who is good looking and accuse them of a crime, they're more likely to get off free compared to an ugly person because they seem like they're too good of a person to do that, despite just sitting in a court room saying literally nothing, and looking pretty.

Source that you won't watch because you'd rather just world fallacy yourself into a comfortable delusion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTwSSTWfwuM
>>
>>24694367
>No, but she's just settling for him, he's a consolation prize whom she doesn't really give a shit about.
Not this nonsense again.

Women only "settle" once they hit the wall. There are plenty of decent non-Chads they genuinely want, I've seen them and their relationships seem content.

>Personality is a meme, life isn't a disney movie kid.
It's definitely not as important as some would lead you to believe, but it's not unimportant as you think it is. Can personality save a fat, short, neckbeard with autism? Probably not. Can it save or at least give almost anyone else some sort of a chance? Yes.

>>24694479
You're right about looks and personality being "correlated", but genuine personality is important as well. I've seen average guys, manlets, and overweight guys with girfriends in happy relationships, in no small part due to their decent personality.
>>
>>24693776
hahahah

fuck off retarded normie
>>
i think the "looks are the only thing that matter" meme is spread because robots only spend time with terrible people. what good, self-respecting person would spend time with most of the people on this board? and if the people you associate with all have shit personalities and life prospects, of course women will only go for the attractive ones- looks are the only thing that can be offered
>>
>>24694550
get it to your thick normie skull that woman a WILL cheat on a GENETICALLY INFERIOR MAN as soon as she has the chance with a GENETICALLY SUPERIOR MAN

she's settling with these inferior men untill chad gives them a pity fuck

youre probably some betabux faggot anyway that wants to live in denial lmao
>>
>>24694550
>correlated
No. It's not simply a correlation, it's a direct result. Look at the evidence posted in the thread.
>but genuine personality is important as well

>due to their decent personality
I really don't care about your shitty personal anecdotes that hold absolutely no significance as evidence in this argument.
You also make the mistake that assuming relationship = mutual pure attraction. It doesn't. At least not for women.
Men are utilities to women, as evidenced by women gravitating toward more "stable" men as they get older.
You really think they find the guys personality attractive? Or the fact that he has no debt and pulls in around 6 figures a year?

Now before you go ahead conjuring up an imaginary 5'2 broke loser who lives at home but absolutely charms every girl he meets, just remember I can just as easily conjure up that same person, plus a ridiculously handsome guy who steals his crush every time he thinks he has something good going.

Looks. Money. Status.
That's all that matters when it comes to interpersonal attraction.
Deal with it.
>>
It's probably a mix of both tbqh. If you look like Chad you'll have an easier time attracting girls even if you have robot characteristics and no game. There was a manlet at my school, he most have been no taller than 5'4", and he banged one of the hottest stacies a few times just by being "alpha".
>>
>>24693776
>dress accordingly to make yourself look taller

Men don't wear high heels, a dolt.
>>
File: kisa-pacalar-2363371.jpg (38 KB, 604x312) Image search: [Google]
kisa-pacalar-2363371.jpg
38 KB, 604x312
>>24694213
Then avoid standing next to someone as much as possible
>>24694620
im just a succesful robot
>>24695122
im talking about shoes with thick bases and wearing pants like pic related(it helps somehow, that is why they got so popular recently)
>>
>>24688497
>2015
>he thinks neckbeard is used to insult actual neckbeards
>>
>>24694727
what are you basing this on? Not arguing but I see it all the time
>>
>>24694788
>You also make the mistake that assuming relationship = mutual pure attraction. It doesn't. At least not for women. Men are utilities to women, as evidenced by women gravitating toward more "stable" men as they get older.
This. Women are sex objects, Men are status symbols.
>>
>>24694727
Women want to feel special. They will even cheat on the "genetically superior man", if he fails to do so. I've seen it myself. A 6'3 muscular guy dating some fat chick got left by her because he didn't make her feel special anymore.
>>
>>24696079
>double, maybe triple cuffed skinny jeans

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ISHYGDDT
>>
File: justbeyourselfbro.png (60 KB, 862x574) Image search: [Google]
justbeyourselfbro.png
60 KB, 862x574
>>24687647
Holy shit, women literally cannot understand the mindset of an unattractive man,
>>
>>24698700
All I'm seeing here is that she's a whore who fucked six guys and clucked at least one.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.