[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Too anxious and depressed to feel even near capable of attracting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: 14320192385058.jpg (18 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
14320192385058.jpg
18 KB, 500x375
>Too anxious and depressed to feel even near capable of attracting a partner.
>Want someone who can understand want I'm going through
>Terrified of people who would know what I'm going through because they would be equally as fucked up
>In general a wreck with anything in life
Who /anxietyanddepresssion/ here?
>>
File: 1427352389458.png (167 KB, 2416x3024) Image search: [Google]
1427352389458.png
167 KB, 2416x3024
>shaking at the psychiatrist's office because I'm afraid of having a panic attack
>she makes me close my eyes and do breathing exercises while she sits there quietly, which makes it worse
>she has me hold my hands out in front of her to show how much they're shaking
>she asks if I'm on any drugs
>she doesn't prescribe me anything, she just tells me to go outside more

should I get a new doctor? how much do psychs cost in the US per appointment?
>>
File: sac16.png (19 KB, 168x168) Image search: [Google]
sac16.png
19 KB, 168x168
>>24682895
I'm from aus and we get most of it covered so I can't help you on that front but you;ll want to look at maybe starting CBT or taking Prozac (I think thats what you call it over there). Be careful with meds because they have A LOT of side effects that can be pretty shitty. Are you just generally anxious or are certain things triggering you?
>>
>>24682967
nothing in particular really triggers me, but I do worry about a lot of things. I've already tried CBT but it just makes me worried that my thoughts are "wrong", which makes the anxiety worse. I wish I could be on Xanax or Ativan, just to take as-needed during the panic attacks. it would make my life a lot more manageable and I wouldn't be so scared of going anywhere. you can't even become dependent on them if you just take them once a week or so.
>>
File: sac7.jpg (33 KB, 426x361) Image search: [Google]
sac7.jpg
33 KB, 426x361
>>24683026
I get the same man. Generalized anxiety disorder is what it's been labelled as for me. In regards to having that feeling of you're thinking "wrong" is something that you've got to basically work on. I had exactly the same feeling and it ended up being really bad self esteem (which is another type of therapy). I don't know about dependency on Xanax and how easily you could develop a habit but I personally stayed away from that shit. Personally I think finding the right therapist is the way to go but I wish you the best of luck with it. Stay strong anon.
>>
Am here.

>Tell myself I'm going to leave house to start Xmas shopping.
>Still telling myself to leave after 6 days.
I'm absolutely dreading this holiday, I haven't seen some of my family in months due to anxiety, none of them know I'm like this because I can't bring myself to tell them how pathetic I feel.
It's like some fucked up catch22. No one to talk to about it all because I'm too scared to talk to anyone about it. I've already lost friends trying.

I have no advice, I can't even help myself, but there's an anon here to listen.
>>
Does etizolam work just as a general anxiety aid? Does it make you black out easy? I can't afford to see a doctor. I'm on OTC St. John's Wort and it's not helping me.
>>
File: ree.jpg (30 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
30 KB, 615x347
>>24683107
I feel for you bro. Was in the same situation a couple of years back. Originally I didn't even know what it was. I was scared to go anywhere all the time. Going to uni was almost an impossible feat. I felt isolated and like some abnormal fuck because no one knew what I was talking about when I said that I am basically freaking out all the time. I ended up telling my parents because I had a major breakdown and they were at least supportive and pushed me to get help. I'm at least semi functional now. Obviously I don't know about your personal situation but talking to your doctor is generally the first step.
>>
>>24682841
>failed out of college after two years due to anxiety and depression
>that just worsened my anxiety and depression
>haven't told my parents I failed because I don't make enough money yet to live on my own (though I'm not a freeloader, I pay expenses such as the electricity and gas bills)
>keeping it a secret worsens my anxiety and depression
>5000$ in student debt which also worsens my anxiety and depression

I've started taking classes at the local CC and I'm slowly overcoming the panic that would overcome me when on a college campus, but I still can't bring myself to register for the next semester. There's a gorgeous, solid 8/10 girl at work who has shown constant and obvious interest in me, but I feel like I am not emotionally or mentally capable of being in a relationahip, despite desperately wanting one

My best friend from elementary school hasnt gone anywhere with his life since graduating high school which makes me feel like shit

All of the friends I made in late high school/college have moved away

I'm getting swallowed up by this crippling loneliness

Help me robots
>>
File: a.png (73 KB, 1127x711) Image search: [Google]
a.png
73 KB, 1127x711
>>24683225
Uni is one of the most anxiety inducing things. I get the same sort of campus anxiety just by being there. I also feel super judged by everyone there and think they think I'm a fucking piece of human garbage. Haven't flunked yet but I'm really close.
>>
>diagnosed with depression
>always refuse medication because it is very manic
>doing pretty well haven't had a bad episode in about 2 years
>moved to a different country for academia
>doing ok for a while
>difference in teaching/learning style really getting to me
>falling behind on all my work
>no one to talk to because therapist and even just friend and family back home
>spiraling back into evasive lifestyle
>sleep during day to have excuse of why I don't leave room
>at night just watch movies and play vidya to take mind off that I'm barely scraping by my classes and am rapidly falling behind

I really want to go to someone but I'm also moving in a few weeks to another country so I'm rationalizing that I shouldn't look for a therapist but at the same time I just really need to talk to someone especially about my schooling because I'm terrified of failing out of my program when we're only 6 people.
>>
>>24683437
I think delaying it is not the best idea. Just letting anyone know about it could help you get on top of it before it gets worse. Is there a course coordinater you can talk to about it?
>>
>>24682841
Why do women value confidence so much (supposedly)?

Can you ever being more attracted to one woman than another simply because she was more confident?
>>
>>24683473

I'm hesitant to contact the coordinator because when I applied I listed that I had no medical history, and I feel like if I say something now, at the end of the entire semester, he'll just think I'm making excuses as to why I haven't done all my work.

It also didn't help that a few weeks ago my program and the professors went out for drinks and they basically joked about how Americans are so desperate to diagnose themselves with mental issues and medication (I'm the only American in the program) and I was basically the only one standing up for psychiatry.
>>
>>24683542
Man that's a rough one. Not sure who I would approach that one. Is there anyone else there?
>>
>>24683581

The university seems to have a mental health clinic and I'm tempted to contact them. I'm going to wait out until Friday and see how I'm doing then. If I'm still feeling like shit I'll try and arrange a meeting. The bulk of my finals are due today and tomorrow so if I flip out before then I guess I'll try and set something up tomorrow.
>>
>>24683618
Good luck man. I hope it all turns out well.

>>24683494
I mean I like confidence in a girl. It just means I don't feel like they're an emotional wreck.
>>
>>24683852

Thanks Anon. It was nice being able to talk to someone like this.

Hope you're doing well as well.
>>
>>24684263
I found out that I passed my uni course for this session so I'm doing good right now. Thanks for asking :)
>>
>>24682841
>>Too anxious and depressed to feel even near capable of attracting a partner.

if you were a grill this wouldnt matter

this always gets me

how males cant have the basic necessities (love and care) to heal their self

god i hate how easy women have it

sorry for the rant just cant stop focusing on this
>>
File: sac8.jpg (68 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
sac8.jpg
68 KB, 480x272
>>24684591
I was thinking about this today and I think it's just how nature works. Was reading an article on how male peacock spiders work so hard to get a partner that they basically get close to killing themselves for it. I don't think it bothers me too much because It's not something that's going to change but I would like someone that cares about me in that way.
>>
>>24684591
>>24684631

As much as I don't want to get all SJW, but there's one thing that I agree with them and that a lot of it has to do with our culture.

Men aren't allowed to be open or express themselves (unless you're the extremely attractive tortured artist type), without losing their masculinity and being made fun of. It needs to be more accepted for men to cry and open up to people without it being the butt of a romcom joke.
>>
>tfw you can't remember the last day where you weren't crippled by anxiety
I want to say it was the week before my dad got injured at work. That was back in 2010. I'm so tired guys. Why can't I just be normal again?
>>
>>24684689
It's a tortured life friendo. Have you sought help?
>>
I've been given Xanax lately... I don't like anti-depressant cause they usually make me feel even worse... But well, according to the doctor (not a psychiatrist but the one who's been following me generally over the last 6 years) it should calm anxiety without getting me totally stoned.
It kinds of work, it prevents me from having panic attacks and I'm only a bit tired.
You may wanna try
>>
File: r9k.png (317 KB, 1254x923) Image search: [Google]
r9k.png
317 KB, 1254x923
wish the robot was r moved
>>
>>24685166
I'm concerned it's really addictive though. Prozac is fucking me up enough honestly.

>>24685542
So basically you can't be anyone. Great.
>>
>>24685572
Prozac gave me suicidal thought I was taking 3 a day and stopped it at once. I had lost 20 lbs in a month though.

As of now, I'm taking 2 Xanax max a day, and it's only if I feel like I need it.
>>
>relatively functional in everyday life
>able to hide anxiety/depression, even to classmates/people who talk to me somewhat regularly
>come home feeling so drained from acting normal that it feels even worse than before
>nobody knows what i'm going through

anyone else /fakingit/ here
>>
File: 124414.jpg (128 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
124414.jpg
128 KB, 500x373
>>24685629
>tfw gaining weight while on prozac
>>
>>24685676
Try to see a therapist asap...
There will come one day when you won't be able to hide it, try to prevent it from happening. Good luck anon.
>>
>>24685695
It was only the first month, I kinda managed to calm my binge eating, but it quickly wore off and I gained 10lbs back...
>>
>>24685699
i've held up for six or seven years
i'll probably never see a therapist about it honestly
>>
>>24685747
If you really don't want to see a therapist, try to find something that makes you a little happy (It's hard to find, but there must be something somewhere) it'd be a nice first step to recovery
>>
>>24685786
drumming
i don't have any drums right now though and it's driving me up the wall
>>
>>24685797
Well it ain't as good, but have you thought about trying beatbox or body percussion while getting the money for an electronic drum ? (It usually is cheaper than a real one)
>>
>>24685821
yeah, i don't beatbox though
hoping to get an electronic kit over christmas
>>
>>24685869
You can learn it on youtube or on *whispers* reddit

I hope you'll get it too !
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.