[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The System That Is Built To Fail Smart People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9
File: wtf fam.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
wtf fam.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
Some robots here disagree but that is fine, im not looking for friends. Let me tell you why I know the system failed me. That I should be the successful one making money but let me explain

Here is the background

>Be me 16, have 187 IQ actual genius
>Not going to graduate on time because of academic reasons
>bored to death from faggot teachers and the shitty homework and decide to drop out of school

alright before you judge me, you dont have a 187 IQ. I don't care about Shakespeare and What the capital of Spain is, it is not important and doesn't solve problems
anyway moving on

>have worked menial jobs like pizza delivery and gas station attendant
>realized last year these jobs are fucking useless and only morons take them
>quit quickly
>Now almost 29, funemployed and living at home with my parents and not working just smoking weed all day

So why me you ask. What do i have that makes me "entitled"

Why? Because im too good for this garbage shit. I know im smarter than the engineers and CEOs of the world, I should be making that much money, fuck a stupid certificate it means nothing.

I should be making money right now but the system told me i needed some bullshit certificate to do it. The college bros won I guess, a piece of paper means you are qualified. It doesnt mean jack shit, my chad bro is retarded basically but because he has a degree he has a job but not me?

How the fuck does this make sense?
Fucking hell im pissed, one chance and the world throws me this fucked curveball

I should have been taken out of school because of my IQ and put in a genius camp or something. Why the fuck doesnt this exist?

How did the system fuck you?
>>
>>24669849
3/10 bait
>187 IQ
>Thinks dropping out of school was the best for your career
>>
Social mobility is tied to universities. The system was designed to enable the intelligence, and that's why it must be changed.
>>
>>24669849
If you were really smart you actually would have gotten a degree or learned a trade. Trade schools aren't that expensive, at least in comparison to universities. At least you could've gotten an associates degree at a cheap community college.
Those "bull shit certificates" let employers know you have been taught the tools of the trade in what the degrees about. Instead you squandered your potential by taking menial jobs and not working your way up in any kind of corporate ladder.
Now it's harder to find a lucrative job without a degree than it was years ago I'll agree, but you could have at least tried.
>>
File: AXASm5w.jpg (202 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
AXASm5w.jpg
202 KB, 768x1024
You left out something in your bio

>am aspergers
>>
>>24669947
Its not about a career you idiot. Its that im too fucking smart to be watching bill nye videos.

I should be a CEO dude trust me on this. Im very intelligent and people should be lining up to hire me, im not going to be a wagekek anymore. Im too good for that shit
Also

Curious... How quick can you solve a rubic cube?
>>
>>24669849
>187 IQ actual genius

Power test? Some older test with high ceiling? Ratio? Transformation of an academic test result?
>>
>187 IQ
Woah, me too!
>>
>>24670067
Intelligence and being a genius are useless if you can't apply it to anything practical that makes money.
>>
>>24670084
I took some test in grade 8, basically i scored very high. It was like 25 multiple choice questions or some shit

Either way Im very smart trust me

Also im employable if any robots want to hire me for their business
>>
>>24669849
>i am le entitled :^) meme
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>24670126
explain Van gogh? Explain tesla?

did you know newton was also bored by his studies? Exactly proof right there
>>
>>24669849
>187 IQ

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl

thanks for the laughs ops
>>
>>24669849
>fuck a stupid certificate it means nothing.
Now imagine if you were actually the Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci in the paperless world you claim you would flourish in. You'd be looked at as a fucking weirdo with thoughts unfit for this world. They'd be seen as absurd.

You wouldn't amount to anything as far as you knew, you'd be a crazy person for your whole life.

Unknownst to you, maybe 600 years later, some of your ideas MIGHT be appreciated but never taken seriously because they were half-assed plans without the possible materials or technology. A work of fiction for your time and unfit for the modern one die to out-dated technologies mixed in.

Shut up, autist.
>>
>>24669849
>187 IQ actual genius
>living at home
> I know im smarter than the engineers and CEOs of the world
>should have been

sup neckbeard?
>>
>>24670137
691 IQ here

IQ test for children are based on the assumption that the child will keep developing at the same pace. You've probably faded into averageness
>>
>>24670137
Well, then, your real IQ might be somewhere like 145. Maybe some more. But probably not 160+ unless unless you are PhD in math level.
>>
>>24669849
>Unemployed and smoking weed all day
>29

Sounds like you're doing something right, anon.
>>
File: 1414454350414.jpg (25 KB, 333x389) Image search: [Google]
1414454350414.jpg
25 KB, 333x389
>>24669849
>IQ 987 here
You failed the system. Most people with high IQ's pass school easily. You probably couldn't pass gym class, and now you're whining on 4chan at age 29.
>>
>>24670237
I could easily do a PHD in math but school is for the weak minded. I want the schools to come to me and give me a good company job making 6 figures before I help them. Otherwise im back to my ganja life for now.

Their loss not mine, I know i can do it, they dont
>>
>>24670162
Van Gogh actually painted and was good.
Tesla actually experimented and made discoveries.
What have you done besides drop out of school and cry on fucking 4chan of all places?
You're a straight retard
>>
>>24669849
You might have a 187 iq but you weren't smart enough to realize that means nothing by itself. NOTHING.

You talk about you're smarter than all the engineers and you don't need to go to college well that's just not true. I run an engineering team designing next gen robotic arms for manufacturing, and you could be the smartest person in the world but you wouldn't be able to do even the easy part of my job without at least an undergrad degree because knowledge is at least as important as intelligence. One of the people on my team isn't really that smart (probably about average) but she's extremely knowledgeable, consistent and hard working and I would much rather have her over some lazy arrogant piece of shit like yourself op.

My philosophy in life is that you are what you do, so if you're so good, fucking prove it and do something besides smoking weed all day.
>>
>>24669849
Op you put the high in high functioning, you are to precious for this world, make sure you leave a goodbye note
>>
>187 IQ
>actual genius
>too stupid to realize that a 25 question multiple choice test can in no way be a legitimate indicator for IQ

I know you are baiting, but on the off chance you arent, take a look at the picture you have painted for us.
>high school drop out because school is "boring"
>smoke weed all day
>claim to be smarter than everyone around you
>X famous scientist was also bored so i must be on their level too!
>>
>>24670321
Im very talented at rubics cube functions

Ultimately I do not feel like showing off my skills to the world as they are undeserving IMO

Come and beg me first then maybe
>>
>>24670294
kekking out loud over here son

>their loss not mine
you just made a thread bitching about how you wish you were successful.
>>
File: baitkai.png (91 KB, 626x622) Image search: [Google]
baitkai.png
91 KB, 626x622
>>24669849
>>24670067
>>24670137
>>24670162
ladies and gentleman go back your homes
>>
>>24670432
>rubics cube world champion
>someone should just give me their company so i can be ceo since im smart enough
>make my own company? ha that shits for plebs

This has to be bait right? No one is actually this stupid.
>>
>>24670385
>You might have a 187 iq but you weren't smart enough to realize that means nothing by itself. NOTHING.

Learn about such a thing as 'predictive power', you dunce.
>>
>>24670137
>I'm employable if any robots want to hire me
Sure, how quickly can you make an old faggot cum?
I could set you up with some costumers if you are cute and do t talk back
>>
File: 570107375.jpg (79 KB, 744x746) Image search: [Google]
570107375.jpg
79 KB, 744x746
>>24669849
You should just try being smarter OP. I have a 395 IQ and I'm the CEO of Google, Apple, and Microsoft at the ripe young age of 19. If you had just used your talents more wisely, you probably could have succeeded instead of being a degenerate with a retard-level IQ of only 187. The system's meant to work for ambitious geniuses, not lazy dumb-asses who expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

Also AMA for anyone who wants to learn the secrets of how to raise your IQ by at least 100 points or would like to make $1,000,000,000 overnight.
>>
>>24670518
hello anonymous user, i am OP, the 187 IQ genius. Aside from rubics cube functions, the only other thing i do with my time is guzzle boatloads of cum! i think we have made a perfect match. As a finders reward for my new job, i will guzzle your cum whenever you want me to, my pleasure. Please show me the ropes ASAP for it has been about 2 hours since I rammed a cock down my throat. i hunger for cum. i need cum to survive.
>>
>>24670512
You can't predict anything if you don't know anything you worthless faggot. Straight intelligence is not useful outside of garbage tier jobs. You have to have intelligence and expertise
>>
>>24669849
IQ is not an indicator of success.
>>
>>24670067
>Knowing the capitals of countries is useless
>"How quick can you solve a Rubik cube"

The i'm too smart meme, i'm not going to make up an IQ but I am part of the 0.5% MENSA and have been since a relatively young age.

I realised that I was probably more intelligent then my school teachers, and hell some of my University lecturers. But I was also smart enough to realise you have to do these things to start a career or be succesful. I didn't want to sit in my room and solve Millenial Prize Problems, so I knew I needed a career. Got my PHD in Mathematics and an MSc in Mech Eng.

I now work as a researcher full time, I do tutoring sessions instead of lecturing as I couldn't stand lecturing.

Ignoring the fact this is bait, if you genuinely were intelligent, solve the Millenial Prize Problems, prove the twin prime conjecture, do something intelligent. Look at Yitang Zhang, some guy at a shit tier university, even worked at Subway, then he sparked a huge movement in the twin prime conjecture, because he was actually intelligent, unlike you.
>>
>>24670625
this is only true because the system doesnt reward smart people.

See rappers and sports stars

Seriously these guys make more than me, system is fucked man
>>
>>24670659
>this is only true because the system doesnt reward smart people.

They do. Those rappers just happened to be more intelligent in the areas that matter such as social intelligence and selling themselves. No one gives a shit if you can solve some rubiks cube in x seconds unless you go out there and capitalize on it.
>>
>>24670067
>How quick can you solve a rubic cube?
If you give me 5 minutes to memorize the algorithm, I can probably do it in within another 5.

The rubik's cube is the very epitome of "not important and doesn't solve problems".

>>24670162
>Van gogh
Painting takes practice, lots of it.
He's also hardly a genius.

>Tesla
He's a super autist too retarded to sell his discoveries, it's as if he never did anything.

>>24670659
Yeezy is probably more intelligent than you, F A M
>>
File: 22big__by_pixelmewr-d9h4i3x.gif (47 KB, 450x510) Image search: [Google]
22big__by_pixelmewr-d9h4i3x.gif
47 KB, 450x510
>>24669849
The system is fucking us, but getting mad and rebelling and then letting that define the entire rest of your life isn't going to help unless you make it work for you.

If you are so smart you should be smart enough to realize that having self-control, setting goals, making connections and just plain being lucky is equally as important if not more important to orthodox success than IQ.

If you want to be unorthodox then do it, but either path you decide to take, you have a gift and it would be a shame if it went to waste.
>>
Just because you're intelligent doesn't mean you know anything useful. Learn a skill and get proof that you can actually do it if you want people to hire you.
>>
>>24670594
I said LEARN it, not talk about it. I'm not talking about individuals' ability to predict, I am talking of power of IQ as a predictor, which is the proper way to discuss it and which makes your claim of 'it means nothing in itself' a worthless tautology.
>>
>>24669849
OP, are you that Anti-Buddhist guy with the mental illness?
>>
>>24670826
Meanwhile, >>24670807 just came who doesn't understand it either. I shouldn't have come to this thread at all, I'm out.
>>
File: griffith.png (131 KB, 678x556) Image search: [Google]
griffith.png
131 KB, 678x556
>>24669849
if you were a genius you could figure out how to make that kind of money, plenty of geniuses rose in power from nothing and usurped chads

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao_Cao
>>
>>24670855
>thinking I use cannabis
>>
How smart you are doesn't mean anything if you're not willing to work for something
>>
>>24670625

Except that it is.

If you're being honest OP. Check out Aaron Clarey and download a shit ton of business torrents on kickass
>>
>>24670826
>>24670860
And another: >>24670947

I wonder how researchers on IQ manage not to quit the subject with so many idiots.
>>
File: moonman.png (8 KB, 732x732) Image search: [Google]
moonman.png
8 KB, 732x732
I tried to warn you, r9k
>>
>>24670947
yep thats just what a little wagekek would say

the world should work for me, not the other wya around
>>
>>24669849
>I should have been taken out of school because of my IQ and put in a genius camp or something. Why the fuck doesnt this exist?
It does, if you're from a wealthy family.
>>
>>24670983
Why?
Give reasons for your thought process.
If you can't do that then you're obviously just a kek.
>>
>>24670983
They simply mean that almost universally being an adult is about going out and learning/achieving rather than waiting to be taught/things to come to you.

Until you learn that your IQ makes no difference to your success.
>>
>>24671001
terrance taos family wasnt wealthy, he was just actually a genius unlike stupid OP.
>>
>>24670178
>Now imagine if you were actually the Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci in the paperless world you claim you would flourish in. You'd be looked at as a fucking weirdo with thoughts unfit for this world. They'd be seen as absurd.
You mean you would be paid shitloads of money and have contacts in pretty much every royal court in every important country and fuck all the twinks you desire? What are you on about? Dude was a major celebrity, wealthy as fuck, and a highly influential figure.
>>
>>24671076
All I'm seeing from his biography is that he had incredible amounts of support from an early age. What do you think would happen to him without all that? How many millions don't have that?

But of course, one guy won the lottery so everyone can, right retard?
>>
>>24671143
>he had incredible amounts of support from an early age

Obviously. He was a genius, intelligence is genetic, therefore his parents were smart, intelligence causes wealth, therefore they were able to support him. That's a no-brainer.
>>
>>24670826
Then you realize that's in reference to a statistically significant data set full of people who actually went to college and learned things. Those people in general will do better than less intelligent people with the same skills, but it doesn't mean that every individual smart person succeeds if they just wait long enough
>>
>>24671143
So you think he magically got support, rather than gained it through shows of his intelligence? You're clearly the retard here, or maybe you're just an idiot savant?
>>
>>24671100
And still he wasn't nearly as appreciated as he should be by modern standards. It was one tenth of a fraction of what it should've ben

if we had a relative modern da vinci, he would make our prototype fusion reactors into working ones with 6000x energy profit in 10 years.
>>
>>24671196
>it doesn't mean that every individual smart person succeeds if they just wait long enough

I'm sorry, but I stopped being interested in anecdotal exceptions when I was 15.
>>
Do you know the story of William James Sidis?
>>
>>24669849
Child geniuses are a sham.
>>
>>24671201
>if we had a relative modern da vinci, he would make our prototype fusion reactors into working ones with 6000x energy profit in 10 years.
Or he'd just die in a ditch because it's not yet the time for that and companies have to phase out oil like they've been preparing to for decades now.

I mean, really, do you really think that this video game mindset of "I HAVE GREAT STATS THEREFORE THE WORLD WILL HONOR ME" seriously translates into real life?
>>
>>24669849

The world didn't screw you over because the world didn't enter into some contract with you.

the world doesn't care about you. you should.

when people turn out shitty, they tend to grab onto whatever they can to prove to themselves that "metaphysically" they are still awesome.
common people will say "everyone is beautiful, everyone is special everyone has something"

smart people say "I'm super smart I'm awesome, the world is too dumb for me"

the worse your situation is, the harder you grip onto the fact that you are smart, at this point its so important to you, that you'll be afraid of it being proven otherwise. Its a common thing that happens with smart people in college, can't find the name for it ATM (go hang out in mensa, maybe talk about your problems with other people?)

my advice, stop jerking yourself off saying how smart you are, and do something to prove it.

hate people as they are dumb? go sail around the world. you are ultra smart, it shouldn't be too hard to earn money, think of something smarto.
>>
>>24671206
>blindly disregarding anecdotal exceptions
>thinks he's smart
I mean can you really not do math?
>>
>>24670983
being a wagekek has nothing to do with applying your self. Businesses don't give a fuck if you're super smart, If you're not gonna do any work. They can't trust you to do work if you don't have a degree because you haven't demonstrated that you're willing to
>>
>>24671262
you might be smart, but there are a lot of extremely intelligent people around. Think about it, meeting them, and noticing that they are more successful and might be smarter then you would be horrible for your weed smoking ego.
>>
>>24671267
Literally the only reason for someone to mention anecdotal counter-evidence is to obscure the reality of the general rule, such as that IQ predicts success. What do you have to hide, anon?
>>
I'm actually pretty stupid and I'm fairly rich. Suck my dick op
>>
>>24671262
>when people turn out shitty, they tend to grab onto whatever they can to prove to themselves that "metaphysically" they are still awesome.
And when they turn out great, they grab onto whatever they can to justify it and bring others down and find things that are "wrong" with them i.e. just world fallacy.
>>
this is a pretty gud bait
you must be quite smart op
>>
>>24669849
pizza delivery makes great tips though, almost like female waiters. Isn't that true?
>>
>>24671324
I'm 30, I'm also smart, I didn't graduate as it was too boring. the system isn't designed to handle smart people very well and sometimes it was frustrating, but hey, I was still in a better position then the average person. now I own 3 companies, travel the world, sail, rockclimb and build robots for fun. where did you go wrong and why did you get the need to start jerking off at your supposed intelligence?
>>
>>24670543
Teach me how to fap more efficiently. If you can't then you are lying about your intellect.
>>
>>24670983
did this seriously just devolve into a Wagec u c k thread? way to show your true colors OP.

fuckin NEETbitch
>>
>>24671437
Nice, how did you get money for all that?
>>
I have an I.Q. of over 200 and I play linebacker for the Oakland Raider because I knew from a very young age, around the time I realize God wasn't real, that solving problems isn't all there is to life.

There's the sheer adrenaline of smashing people. That's what life is really about.

Now I make millions, look great, and nail cuties with my famous athlete dong.
>>
>>24671348
You claim you're living your life by making and only using sweeping generalities like the one you just made there, even though you've had proof they don't work. Whose the fool here?
>>
>>24671397
right! but the world fallacy implies entitlement and some kind of moral just world.

successful people finding what's "wrong" with someone isn't necessarily a judgement from a "just world" perspective. (even though it does tend to degenerate into that - donald trump? :))

once you define some goals right and wrong (and optimal?) actions are clear, in that sense (but not moral sense) you can judge.
>>
God didn't make me smart enough to exterminate humanity.
>>
Being smart usually correlates to being rich
>>
>>24670067
>i should be CEO beccause i can do a party trick
>>
If you're as smart as you say you are, OP, you must realize that the world wasn't built for you. It's built for the morons and skanks to rut in and drink beer. Without the geniuses, we'd all still be living in caves and hunting animals with sticks; the geniuses gave us everything we have, but the world isn't made for them. The geniuses have always been outcasts and pariahs.

If you want more out of life than a fringe existence, you have to learn to play the game. The world isn't going to change, so you have to. No, it's not right and it's not fair, but then, it's not fair that you were born a genius and most everyone else is basically retarded in comparison. Life is a meaningless, senseless, futile, stinking rush toward oblivion and it isn't fair. If you can't learn that, then your special brain doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>24669947
This. Also;
>pizza delivery
>only morons take them
>quit
Nigga I'm making like $16/hr delivering pizza, fuck your shit. Beats the $0/hr you have going on, doesn't it? So glad to not be NEET anymore.
>>
Invent something. Discover something. If you're that smart you should be able to. After that? Ezpz shekelerinos
>>
>>24669849
Your right OP, but dumbos will disagree. I have a 195 IQ so I know what I am talking about.
>>
>>24669849
Because if this even is real, you're a fucking retard.

Someone with a 187 IQ should damn well know that the world is an unfair place. Not totally cruel, but definitely unfair. A whole hell of a lot of work and grind is needed to get anywhere in life. Smart people work, dumb people work. This is life. We have to learn about Shakespeare to understand the origins of the Anglosphere and English literature. We have to know the capital of Spain because it's no less significant to history and culture than anything else.

And, despite your 187 IQ (doubtful, but why not?)...you literally said "fuck it" and jumped the avenue for success in modern life for weed and tendies.

Most people who pull that shit have the excuse of being dumbasses or literally, medically retarded. I'm having a hard time narrowing yours down.
>>
>>24673300
>A whole hell of a lot of work and grind is needed to get anywhere in life.
That sounds pretty fair. Are you sure you're not talking about a whole hell of a lot of nepotism, cocksucking and backstabbing?
>>
>>24673348
>Nepotism, cocksucking, and backstabbing?

Hey man, backstabbing or cocksucking don't happen all by themselves. Good or bad, y'all (mostly) gotta work for it.
>>
>>24670543
Please. I have an IQ of 1123 and what you have achieved is nothing. I dont even need to be a CEO to make tons of money. If I am short on cash, I simply make it instantly through my intellect. I am like a trillion dolar company of a one man.

But that is all beside the point. I have used my tredenmous IQ to breach the boundaries of reality and understand just why we are here and what can we truly achieve. Believe me, there is little difference between you and the so called "loser" OP. You are both blind to the higher principle.
>>
>>24669849

>he spent all of this time writing out a transparent troll post

Shit, some of you niggers need hobbies.
>>
File: power_levels.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
power_levels.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>24673683

>mfw this reaches its inevitable conclusion
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.