[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
walkers anonymous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: NYcentral.jpg (221 KB, 509x1080) Image search: [Google]
NYcentral.jpg
221 KB, 509x1080
Does anyone here enjoy walking? I personally try to walk everyday. Sometimes I even drive out to places where it's nice so that I can have a scenic walk. The exercise is a good aspect too.

Tell me about your walking habits and what walking means to you.

>tfw I might never get to walk in central park
>>
>>24652483
Lol, why are all the building leaning away from Central Park?
>>
>>24652524
mathmateiks + physics noob
>>
>>24652483

sweet fuck is this what central park actually looks like in respect to NYC around it?

How do you fucking cityfags (anywhere) live like this? The thought of living somewhere where this "pristine" slice of green is the only are of "natural" land within dozens of miles and the only remotely pleasent thing you could walk through makes me want to end it.

Is this why all of you are so rude and self centered? This urban shithole where you bust your ass just so you can afford a 4 square foot apart for 3,000/month while hoping not to get mugged/killed each day?

At least you live in new yaaawk right?
>>
I love it, especially when it's raining in the evening. The rain is wonderful, it feels like it's alive and embracing you. I live in the suburbs, but its a nice suburb with a lot of parks and hills and things so it's nice to walk around and explore the place. Recently people have been putting up Christmas lights too, which is like an extra bonus. I hope it snows this year, snow is the best walking weather, but very rare here.

What do you think about when you walk, if anything?

For me I like to think about a fantasy world I've been imagining since I was a kid. It's gotten pretty elaborate, but it makes no sense.
>>
>>24652713
It does look pretty horrifying.

My worst fear is that some day all the yellow/orange street lights would be replaced by white lights.

The horror.
>>
>>24652483
I bet central park is a crowded shithole, full of fat dull tourists and trash everywhere. Probably a few fat dullards with literal shit stains in their pants. Wouldn't want to live there.
>>
>>24652843
For me, I don't really think that much when I walk. Sometimes I do, but mostly I go into a trace-like state. I really put myself in my body rather than my mind. I find that to be meditative. To concentrate on your every step, to breathe and to take in the sights. That's what walking is to me most of the time.

Sometimes walking can be very special, but lately things haven't been that way for me.
>>
Walked through central park dozens of times. Nothing but a bunch of artsy hipster faggo's and the occasional weebs meeting up along with signs telling you how everything isn't allowed there.
>>
File: 20151103_123215.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151103_123215.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1152
I live across the river from NYC,and I discovered a trail of parks along the river past the George Washington bridge. It's become a favorite haunt,and this pic is from my last jaunt.
>>
>>24653006
I'm basically the opposite. Walking is the only time I can really think clearly to myself. It's a nice, relaxing kind of thinking though, like daydreaming. Normally my thinking is really frustrated and distracted, but when walking its different.

>lately things haven't been that way for me.
What wrong bae?
>>
>>24653385
Oh, my mood has just been down lately. It's no biggie, it happens all the time.

Do you ever fear walking into other people when you go out? I used to be very nervous around strangers when I went walking. I've gotten a lot better though. Walking has helped me to relax in public and to overcome some of my anxieties.

When i go to walk around the park, it's almost like cognitive therapy. I try to keep my head up/ look foward and to think good thoughts.
>>
>>24652713
That's Manhattan, anyone who lives there can afford to go anywhere they want. As for the rest of the boroughs there are parks, everywhere.

People that live in cities do it because they like the urban lifestyle.
>>
>>24652911
Yeah I really like the non-white lights. It gives cities a soft industrial look.
>>
>>24653511
I'm paranoid sometimes, especially after dark. I've never been mugged or anything, but the idea terrifies me. Also teenagers are pretty scary, especially in groups. And drunks, I hear them outside sometimes. Overall its a safe area though, so I'm probably just paranoid.

If you mean like socially nervous, then not much. I'm pretty autistic and I can barely interact with people, but when walking I don't mind since I don't really stand out.

>my mood has just been down lately. It's no biggie, it happens all the time.
Fair enough, the same happens to me a lot. It usually passes though.
>>
>>24653715
They're bringing out white LED lights in a lot of cities now. I noticed some being set up in my city. I'm fucking terrified. They could ruin everything. The lighting is extremely important. Extremely fucking important. Dear god.
>>
>>24653849
Yeah I know. I understand why they're doing it, but I don't like it. Then again who knows, maybe I'll end up preferring the white lights after I get used to them.
>>
File: 1426472508874.png (11 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1426472508874.png
11 KB, 500x500
>>24652483
central park kinda looks like pepe
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.